test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Servers down?

Comments

• mknance2008mknance2008 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    abell39 wrote: »
    It started with a mass server disconnect for just about everybody around the time this thread was posted. A lot of people were able to get back into the game, but friends lists were left blank and chat was laggy. The mass disconnect happened for almost everyone in all my custom channels (including me) and in multiple adventure zones. Then around 12:48 (CST) two people asked if the Zen market was having problems -- they weren't able to redeem their Simril gift vouchers. (I redeemed one a few minutes before that and had no issues.) I went to relog just now to test whether I could redeem a voucher on my CW, but was instantly logged out instead of returned to character select, and now I can't get back in -- the game is timing out during log-in. I came to the forum right away and couldn't even log in for a few minutes, but a forced reload got me logged in. And now I'm here.

That's a summary of what's going on as I know it. Hope it's possible to fix without much trouble. Such awful timing for a server crash. D:

I been getting in some days for the past few months now when i click change character it sent me directly back to the login screen i could login fine but it never went that far
  • slogdratslogdrat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Neverwinter is a real place. The interface to this universe is to present it as a game to avoid suspicion. Apparently some clever powries locked themselves inside the server grid and are beginning to chant. We need some players to form a party to address them, while the rest of us need to head over to the protector's enclave. We are hearing conflicting reports about some new attack that is forming there. Stay calm, and be focused. We can do this.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I been getting in some days for the past few months now when i click change character it sent me directly back to the login screen i could login fine but it never went that far

I get that a lot sometimes too; it just fritzes and logs me out instead of changing character. Usually I can log straight back in, but with whatever's going on, I can't do that today. It just sits there and eventually times out.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    i am logged on, i will buy everythin from AH atm :)) i'l be rich =))
    edited December 2014
    abell39 wrote: »
    I get that a lot sometimes too; it just fritzes and logs me out instead of changing character. Usually I can log straight back in, but with whatever's going on, I can't do that today. It just sits there and eventually times out.
    I am starthing to think this is the same issue but it just took longer to get worse
    edited December 2014

Please buy all my random junk while you're at it. I could use the AD. :D

Joking aside, is anyone who's still logged in noticing issues (aside from the fact that it's really really quiet with all of us being stuffed into the soundproof box of Server Connection Timed Out)?
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • shadywintryshadywintry Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Are you working today? No. You aren't. Therefore, you cannot expect all of the Employees at Cryptic to be working today either.

Not all..just 1.. or 2... so person 1 isnt there alone on this old years eve ;)
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited December 2014

... That doesn't even make much sense, and trolling really won't help the problem, the only possible result of doing so is delaying the server fix by feeding the devs misleading information...
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    edited December 2014
    Its not just NW thats down, cant get into STO or the others. Ohh well guess ill go back to working on my new HAF case sant brought me :)

if its not just NW then maybe there entire network service is down for maintenance
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    ... That doesn't even make much sense, and trolling really won't help the problem, the only possible result of doing so is delaying the server fix by feeding the devs misleading information...

if gateway isn't working and people got d/c i can snipe perfect vorpals for example with low starting bid :)
  • shiani1shiani1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 316 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    ashnvf wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues? Can't connect to the gateway or even get past the check for the patch server.

Absolutely! Got DC'd repeatedly over a period of a half hour and then again and now can't get on at all. Also, the forum is acting funny. I can click on an individual post and then see the thread, but when I click on the forum category there is nothing there. This just happened, as it was working fine a few minutes ago.
    Kianni Ravenmoon and Izyana Sol'Eetah

• zac1988zac1988 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    NOT moaning just woundering why its down
    edited December 2014
    shiani1 wrote: »
    Absolutely! Got DC'd repeatedly over a period of a half hour and then again and now can't get on at all. Also, the forum is acting funny. I can click on an individual post and then see the thread, but when I click on the forum category there is nothing there. This just happened, as it was working fine a few minutes ago.

that happened to me on the patch notes threads
  • drakkenfeldrakkenfel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 71
    edited December 2014
    I have Hero of the North, and I cannot login. We don't receive special privileges as far as I know.

With so many servers having issues and no response on social networks, they may be having Firewall issues. It could be a DoS attack to inconvenience the players.

Have patience... They could be trying to figure out the answers without an Internet connection. Wish them luck.

I wish there was something we could do from the outside to help...
    Paladin.jpg
    @METH_SHADOWSTORM - Foundry author of:
    "The Sunnydale Campaign" - NWS-DKBEJ9OOM
    Episode 1: "Missing Daughters" - NW-DCX9IZBJB
    Episode 2: "A Date With Destiny" - NW-DHYEX5NKR - Featured: NW-DHFLDPWJV
    STO Foundry: "Safari So Good" - ST-HPRP2WFWI
  • slogdratslogdrat Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    gateway.playneverwinter.com forwards you to gatewaysitedown.playneverwinter.com which says:
    "Neverwinter Gateway is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later."
  • blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I swere I am having the oddest and worst luck so far, or Neverwinter just hates me. :(

now before I go into the MANY fixes on this. I was playing around in foundry making a new quest to play. (about 2 hours of work to redo, but thats my fault for not saving enough). So there I am making my quest, everything was fine no trouble with patching nothing, just the frustraion of making NPC's do what you want them to do and they wont do it, all normal.
    Then suddenly neverwinter demands to update? I know there was an update yesterday I had to download it. and it was plastered all over the place.
    But now Neverwinter suddenly has connection issues at about 6pm GMT (the UK and most of the EU still works on GMT not UTC so no clue what time that is in UTC).

so my first point of call is my own internet. I do a check on that, 26megs (this is about avrage for B.T. & TalkTalk users in the UK.)

2nd: so I look at router logs, no disconects and no firewalls giving problems(turned off while gaming).

3rd: so I reload Arc, click play on neverwinter and its a tiny Patching thingy going on its trying to connect it will try 5 times and it Fails, after that it tells me to check my internet, which is fine, I loaded steam to check yep can go play an online game called "happy wars" which it plays just fine (and that game is KNOWN for lag and time outs). I shut steam down so it dosn't eat up bandwidth, come back to arc click on Neverwinter and... server disconnect the first time, next up back to the little box trying to connect.

just a chance Question :/ have you guys overloaded again? I see this kind of thing a lot the internet over dueing school outs and Xmas, and I know that if this is what is happenig, there is little any of us can do but wait.

And if its not that WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? :/

Grhe5Jzdq8-o5MqJtIeiWps267j8NWnGg7xAVOAj3Q=w485-h178-p-no

LrLFsIYB4J8O-QCI5UvSdvHls_NSlpIy8zNonUBxYg=w502-h207-p-no

( I am reading over your lag threads as you read this, to see if there are other things to check, but this only happened after I got booted from game as it demanded an update.)
    edited December 2014
    shiani1 wrote: »

I've had that issue for a while now, this forum is the buggiest piece of software on the internet, but you can fix that by hitting the X button on your URL bar thingy while the page is stuck loading
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    edited December 2014
    Not all..just 1.. or 2... so person 1 isnt there alone on this old years eve ;)

My dad used to work a similar kind of job. They'd have some people on hand during the holidays in case of minor mishaps, but for big stuff going kaboom, they'd have to call the expert (i.e. my dad) to fix it -- remotely if possible, or wait for him to drive in to work if not possible to do it remotely. From the outside, you just don't know what's going on. It's not the end of the world if it's not fixed right away, it probably just means it's taking them a while to figure it out and/or they're waiting for the pros to get there and help.
  • kanridukanridu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Not for me
    edited December 2014
    server are back

Not true, once again trolling... Where the Mods, this post should be deleted methinks...
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    edited December 2014
    slogdrat wrote: »
    gateway.playneverwinter.com forwards you to gatewaysitedown.playneverwinter.com which says:
    "Neverwinter Gateway is currently undergoing maintenance. Please try again later."

there you go guys there is your answer
  • armitchellarmitchell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I am sure just like every other time servers drop, they will definitely come back up soon as they know what is wrong.
    I am also sure alot of impatient people will continue to make rude comments here lol.
    xpaija.jpg
  • xxxgriessonxxxxxxgriessonxxx Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    they did it on purpose to force us of the comp at least for new year's eve
    edited December 2014

That's the generic server down page for the gateway, it always says that when there is an issue.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    edited December 2014

The redirect to a maintenance page isn't really an answer -- that's probably just the generic page they have it redirect to, since usually it's down because of maintenance (not because of unforeseen server weirdness like we're having now).
  • kanridukanridu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    "We are currently investigating the server outage. Stay tuned."
    F
  • daemanadaemana Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Obvious troll is obvious, it doesn't say Hero of the North underneath your forum name, you don't own the pack :P

it may not be a troll it may just be that he hasn't set it up in his permission groups be that as it may i have the pack and am still having the prob i personally think they r getting dds attacked, it has all the signatures of that and all that means is someone is overloading the login servers hardcore with thousands of logins per sec i've been able to get to the pont of waiting for my character list to show up then that times out if it was the update servers i wouldn't get that far and it wouldn't time out
    edited December 2014
    Yay, thanks kanridu. :D
    edited December 2014
    daemana wrote: »
    it may not be a troll it may just be that he hasn't set it up in his permission groups be that as it may i have the pack and am still having the prob i personally think they r getting dds attacked, it has all the signatures of that and all that means is someone is overloading the login servers hardcore with thousands of logins per sec i've been able to get to the pont of waiting for my character list to show up then that times out if it was the update servers i wouldn't get that far and it wouldn't time out

Nobody is going to bother attacking cryptic with a DDS attack, it's not anywhere near mainstream enough to deserve that much attention
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    edited December 2014
    Google Chrome could not load the webpage because gateway.playneverwinter.com took too long to respond. The website may be down, or you may be experiencing issues with your Internet connection.
    Access a cached copy of http://gateway.playneverwinter.com/
    Go to http://playneverwinter.com/
    Search on Google

Error code: ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT
This discussion has been closed.