test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Servers down?

Comments

• tenborotenboro Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Give them some time, everyone is probably off today, and the servers have only been down for maybe 3 minutes
    Someone spilt some new year wine on the servers? Happy new Year
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    why make a new thread when there is an ongoing one. Are you that important my prince? Keep it to a single thread.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thought it was just me for a moment. Maybe the hamsters are out celebrating the new year
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • bigbird191bigbird191 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Ah well, back to the cheesy music, party food and booze :)
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Quick, someone grab the backup potato!

Sir, we don't have a backup potato!!!

Go buy one then!

This made me lolz. Backup Potato huehuehuehue
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • th3ph4t3th3ph4t3 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Same here: can't get in, in any way.
  • kanridukanridu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    not only that, but i cant buy any Zen in last h to, and befor I have been kicked out, i have weird eror when i want to exchange may blue cupon for gift :(
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sabre10 wrote: »
    Thought it was just me for a moment. Maybe the hamsters are out celebrating the new year

That's why I quickly came here. :P
    And **** those hamsters for celebrating early!
    Artificer.jpg
  • nielsgoriginalnielsgoriginal Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    GameClient.exe stops at account server login, so no joy in mudville...
    :cool:

I've been playing MMOs since the original Neverwinter Nights on AOL in 1991 and from there to Everquest Beta in Feb 1999/March 1999 release (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwi...s_%28MMORPG%29 - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EverQuest) and Everquest 2, WOW, etc...

:cool:
  • randomdiscordrandomdiscord Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    brief disconnect, then back in for a few mins...then dead
  • sempradraconissempradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13
    edited December 2014
  • xthefugitivexxthefugitivex Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    2 games down ill try another.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yep, no dice...
    va8Ru.gif
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    azahron wrote: »
    And **** those hamsters for celebrating early!

You know what those hamsters are like!
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • patriot6984patriot6984 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I hate repeating myself, but put yourself in Cryptics shoes. They are all taking the day off, at home, with friends and family. The servers went down not even 5 minutes ago. How the hell are the going to instantly know, and teleport to the office to service our every need and request. Cryptic is made of employees, and employees are people too.

Had there been an issue of this magnitude where I worked before I retired, I would have known within a very few minutes and would have been required, regardless of my holiday plans, to drop what I was doing and service the issue, even if it meant pulling over the Jeep and connecting remotely on the side of the road. Blowups happen, but it is reasonable to expect good and timely service from a company the size and scope of Cryptic. Suggesting the excuse that everyone is off for the holidays is silly. Of course they have a staff on-site, as well as many who can connect remotely.

It appears to be an issue with connecting to the patch server. There could be any number of causes and the resolution could take seconds or hours, depending on the issue. We will likely never know the exact nature of the problem, but I am sure Cryptic will fix the problem as soon as they can.
  • mknance2008mknance2008 Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    okay everyone stop replying okay by reading all the messages its clear that everyone is having the issue just keep posting everyone who has an issue is clearly just going to spam this page into the thousands or more so please stop wasting thread pages
  • dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    same here.
    mainetrance was yday and today servers died.
    typical cryptic is typical.
    edited December 2014
    okay everyone stop replying okay by reading all the messages its clear that everyone is having the issue just keep posting everyone who has an issue is clearly just going to spam this page into the thousands or more so please stop wasting thread pages

Because Cryptic charges by the page for threads...
  • katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Had there been an issue of this magnitude where I worked before I retired, I would have known within a very few minutes and would have been required, regardless of my holiday plans, to drop what I was doing and service the issue, even if it meant pulling over the Jeep and connecting remotely on the side of the road. Blowups happen, but it is reasonable to expect good and timely service from a company the size and scope of Cryptic. Suggesting the excuse that everyone is off for the holidays is silly. Of course they have a staff on-site, as well as many who can connect remotely.

It appears to be an issue with connecting to the patch server. There could be any number of causes and the resolution could take seconds or hours, depending on the issue. We will likely never know the exact nature of the problem, but I am sure Cryptic will fix the problem as soon as they can.

Yes, this is completely true, but I think that we need to be patient, it takes time to get to the office, and if it's a server problem, they probably need to be onsite.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • sempradraconissempradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13
    edited December 2014
    Server Admin is there..but ehm xD

getty_rf_photo_of_network_admin_sleeping_on_floor.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Yes, this is completely true, but I think that we need to be patient, it takes time to get to the office, and if it's a server problem, they probably need to be onsite.

Not really. I very rarely had to actually stand in front of a server in order to fix any issue. Occasionally I would do it just so I could shake my fist at it, but almost all server administration can be accomplished remotely. Barring a hardware failure, there should be no need to be in the data center.

However, as I said before, I am POSITIVE that Cryptic has personnel on-site today, the holiday notwithstanding.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    it's a good time to have hero of the north pack to be first in game que.

I am playing without you people!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • azahronazahron Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    sabre10 wrote: »
    You know what those hamsters are like!

At least ESO's hamsters are responsible critters. Back to my Nord after offering a prayer to the server gods that all my divine coins won't wind up the victim of these party hamsters.
    Artificer.jpg
    edited December 2014
    Not really. I very rarely had to actually stand in front of a server in order to fix any issue. Occasionally I would do it just so I could shake my fist at it, but almost all server administration can be accomplished remotely. Barring a hardware failure, there should be no need to be in the data center.

However, as I said before, I am POSITIVE that Cryptic has personnel on-site today, the holiday notwithstanding.

This is also probably true, but they aren't going to have personnel that communicate with us on site today, like Akromatik or DwightMC, therefore we aren't going to hear anything about this issue for a little while.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Oh no.. it says account ticket failure!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It started with a mass server disconnect for just about everybody around the time this thread was posted. A lot of people were able to get back into the game, but friends lists were left blank and chat was laggy. The mass disconnect happened for almost everyone in all my custom channels (including me) and in multiple adventure zones. Then around 12:48 (CST) two people asked if the Zen market was having problems -- they weren't able to redeem their Simril gift vouchers. (I redeemed one a few minutes before that and had no issues.) I went to relog just now to test whether I could redeem a voucher on my CW, but was instantly logged out instead of returned to character select, and now I can't get back in -- the game is timing out during log-in. I came to the forum right away and couldn't even log in for a few minutes, but a forced reload got me logged in. And now I'm here.

That's a summary of what's going on as I know it. Hope it's possible to fix without much trouble. Such awful timing for a server crash. D:
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
    edited December 2014
    This is also probably true, but they aren't going to have personnel that communicate with us on site today, like Akromatik or DwightMC, therefore we aren't going to hear anything about this issue for a little while.

Precisely what I said earlier.
  • mattia78mattia78 Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    They did server mantainance Yesterday, right? No comment. Happy new year folks!
    404 Italians Not Found Guild Leader
    Matt Shieldheart 3.5k GF Conq PVE _ Matt Shieldheart 0 3.5k GF Tactician PVE _ Matt Shieldheart II 4.1k Buffer DC _ Matt Shieldheart III 4.3k Thauma CW _ Matt Shieldheart IV 3.5k Exe TR _ Matt Shieldheart V 3.9k Destroyer GWF _ Matt Shieldheart VI 3.1k Trapper HR _ Matt Shieldheart VII 3.1k Fury SW _ Matt ShieldheartVIII 3.6k OP Justice _ Matt Shieldheart -8 3.1k Healadin _ Matt Shieldheart -9 3.1k Mof Rene CW
  • sakonemasakonema Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is just a preview of things to come in 2015.
    Starting off nicely.
    edited December 2014
    it's a good time to have hero of the north pack to be first in game que.

I am playing without you people!

Obvious troll is obvious, it doesn't say Hero of the North underneath your forum name, you don't own the pack :P
    dulopa4e1d9.png
This discussion has been closed.