test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legendary Dungeons!!!

ghostreaper187ghostreaper187 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Who would like to see legendary versions of all the in game dungeons and turn them into 10 man raids?
Upgraded loot tables.
Refinement point drops from mobs without the need for Dragon Hoard Enchantment.
15K GS Requirement for entry.
Special item drops for craftable profession gear (Rings/Armor etc.)
Weakly Quest to complete all of them that rewards a bound RP item and some other nice things.

Let me know what you guys think:cool:
Post edited by ghostreaper187 on

Comments

• Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Don't like it.

And, btw, such thread already exists... :/
    At least scan the 1st 2 pages before posting a new item.
  • Options
    lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Legendary dragons yes, but with the same loot than the current dragons. Available for a challenge, for a World First with your guild, for an achievement title. But not for the loot.
  • Options
    lordzalmlordzalm Member Posts: 107 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Literally every achievement hunter hates world first achievements. Same goes with server first, shard first, NA first, etc. I have friends who quit games because they are completionists, and the game adds an achievement they cant get because they were lucky enough to get into a party that was the first at something.

Lets not add **** like that. It ruins a decent part of community.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Actually you just proposed the best loot idea i ever read.
  • Options
    kopros666kopros666 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Legendary dungeons, not dragons.
    Overall idea is great, I've seen many people ask for it. We do need new PvE challenges! A DnD based game lacks nowadays on this.
    We also need means to improve our artifacts, now that everyone has them and have difficulties to refine them. The refine reality is rough for most casual players. Hoard enchantments are a poor way to refine 4.6m rp for each one.
    10 people are too much imo for the current known dungeons (legendary version).

Shadevp, I scanned 3 pages and found nothing similar. Either it moved or I'm blind. When one says "don't or do like it", tell us why afterwards.
  • Options
    caunsidhcaunsidh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I agree there should be a T3 version of all dungeons with specific loot, but not for a 10 player party.
    kopros666 wrote: »
    We also need means to improve our artifacts, now that everyone has them and have difficulties to refine them. The refine reality is rough for most casual players.

I'm a casual PvE player, and my Artifact Equipment (Main hand, Offhand and Belt) is of Rare quality, but I don't mind it, since it's still better than my Fomorian Set. They will be Epic, sooner or later. No need for rush.
    Therenil - Hunter Ranger, Stormwarden/Trapper
    3.jpg
  • Options
    mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I like the idea of Legendary Dungeons. The details are where it gets tricky. From what I understand THEY are aware that this is something we want.

In terms of the number of people required to enter, I was thinking maybe allow up to 6 people to enter the dungeons.

I was also thinking that if their idea of making them hard is to add certain elements from ESOT or ELOL, where you get one-shot to death with no warning, then I will pass on playing these.

I paid a lot of AD etc for my Dragon Hoard Enchant, so I still think that should add to the % drop chance on Refinement Stones.

At some point I will be ready for some Ring artifacts and also some Artifacts for my Companion. So that's another possible idea.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    caunsidh wrote: »
    I'm a casual PvE player, and my Artifact Equipment (Main hand, Offhand and Belt) is of Rare quality, but I don't mind it, since it's still better than my Fomorian Set. They will be Epic, sooner or later. No need for rush.

Well, by casual I mean the players who rarely buy zen or never at-all. With running economy, 1 stack of 99 peridots costs 110-115k ad. It's still affordable to upgrade to rare and epic. (rare> 1 stack, epic > 5 stacks).
    When all stacks perish from market, one will have to do 3 things to refine: a. buy bloody rubies (800 zen the piece). b. use hoards and farm all day (= time added to overall time you spend for dailies/gearing up). c. use rare/green loot to refine. For rare, it's easy. For epic, well, one could say it's kinda easy too, with the third way. But multiply all this for 4 arties for the moment (more to come in future). So, isn't it rough for casual players or not?
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    snip.

This thread is about T3 dungeons. If we need T3 dungeons because game content is not challenging enough, why would you need even more powerful artifact equipment?
    Legendary artifacts are something that differentiates both hardcore players and supporters of this game against something you called a "casual" player (I would call them regular f2p players). It's like a sweet. You don't need it, but you want it, but if you want it - you have to buy it.
    3.jpg
  • Options
    pmabrahampmabraham Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The reason for additional gear is that if you are going to tackle something legendary, you typically want legendary gear to be part of the rewards.
  • Options
    oeildujambonoeildujambon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Regarding actual content I have just one comment concerning heroic, epic, difficulty and all....and i will choose dragons as an exemple...
    Although it seems clear that a dragon is , in general rule , indomitable and legendary creature , the " season of Dragons" whose ending, leaves me a bitter taste to be honest with you ....
    If epic encouters on Icewindale were overall pretty well done, with this actual campaign you create the most legendary dragon/dishcloth who are drained as soon as possible by greedy farmer (who are increasingly disillusioned by loot rates .. .. )
    Killing a dragon is not anymore challenging, the 5 dragons in The Well of dragon are bent in 2/3 minutes ... it gently lose the taste for any kind of sucess....
    So is good loot the only sucess we will have?
    too bad
    Campagne: La Pupille de Savorellis - Ep1 - Une visite de courtoisie (NW-DT4MNSB5Z)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    If we need T3 dungeons because game content is not challenging enough, why would you need even more powerful artifact equipment?

With current boons, enchantment prices (everyone can afford rank 7-8 these days), artifact gear (i'm not refering to upgraded ones), there is no challenge at all in every pve content. That's why people ask for legendary dungeons. Previously I said it's difficult for casual (f2p suits the case too) players to refine, but i didn't say they need it. There shouldn't be more ways to refine, once this system is a reality? Why f2p players can't play on equal terms on pvp ? And don't tell me there is no difference between legendary and epic artifacts. If you stack all legendaries there is a huge difference.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    With current boons, enchantment prices (everyone can afford rank 7-8 these days), artifact gear (i'm not refering to upgraded ones), there is no challenge at all in every pve content. That's why people ask for legendary dungeons.

Seems like you didn't read my post well enough.
    Previously I said it's difficult for casual (f2p suits the case too) players to refine, but i didn't say they need it. There shouldn't be more ways to refine, once this system is a reality? Why f2p players can't play on equal terms on pvp ? And don't tell me there is no difference between legendary and epic artifacts. If you stack all legendaries there is a huge difference.

Why can't a person with Fiat Punto race with a Ferrari Enzo, and be equal at the same time?
    This game is not a charity. Why would they give something for free to some, while others have to pay for it?
    You can either grind endlessly for it, or pay for it. There is no other way. Either that, or this game will be shut down, because it won't generate enough revenue.
    3.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Either that, or this game will be shut down, because it won't generate enough revenue.

I agree with your point. In my whole life I've been playing f2p games, so yes, I know how this works (and should actually, a company have to live somehow, I would be blockhead if I didn't see that). But there must be some limits in my poor opinion. I totally loved NW 'till module 3. Players who could/wanted to spend money on the game did it anyway, and this didn't affect the majority of players. Since then, the kind of equal terms are lost (or tend to). Imo paying on a f2p must target limiting the hard work others have to do, and only this. Maybe giving a light advantage. But not making them kings among others who can't keep up anymore. This way a community shuts down a game, not the other way. Imo always. Sorry for being off topic.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    I'm glad we're on the same page. That's just life in a nutshell, no way around it.

My apologies for offtopic as well.
    3.jpg
  • Options
    shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Shadevp, I scanned 3 pages and found nothing similar. Either it moved or I'm blind. When one says "don't or do like it", tell us why afterwards.

Like this one
    But yes, sorry it went down more than 2 pages after all (lots of new threads have been created recently).

Anyways, regarding your request to explain why:
    shadevp wrote: »
    Don't like the idea.
    It seems to be just a crutch - this way they don't have to do anything, just constantly increasing the mobs hitting power / resistance / HP pool while also increasing the gear power (and by doing this forcing us to pay and play more) - do you really want to go down this road? :/

Generally, I am against them exploiting the old content (constantly increasing its difficulty and squeezing the players) instead of adding new.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Why f2p players can't play on equal terms on pvp ?

Are you really asking why a game doesn't just take away costly gear and give everyone equal gear? Nobody would farm (or purchase zen).
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    pmabraham wrote: »
    The reason for additional gear is that if you are going to tackle something legendary, you typically want legendary gear to be part of the rewards.

Nope. Otherwise it all becomes a rat race. In legendary dungeons you shall gain fame and glory, but no loot. Take Mar'Gok from the latest WoW extension. The elite guilds, Paragon, Blood Lefion etc geared up before the fight. They couldn't care less about the loot.
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.