test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

some *possible* foundry changes.

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Foundry
Right now there's this on Reddit:
"AMA with Product Manager HeyRogers has started. Head over to Reddit and ask him anything.....anything."
Many people have asked about the foundry and here's what
You're here! And you're early..that puts me on the spot, alright ehh..
Let's start, the Foundry! I heard from others that a big Foundry push was planned, a big update...however it was put in the backburner because of the major efforts required for the Tyranny of Dragons Campaign with Tiamat.
If true, what was planned? And are you still planning any major updates in that area? Can you speak about that?
enlaceguardarreportarregalar goldresponder
[–]PWE_Community [puntuación oculta] 11 minutes ago
Who told you that about the Foundry? >.>
We have a backlog of things that we would love to have implemented into the game. For the past two modules, we aligned our content with Wizards of the Coast to make sure that you could get your D&D fix in a digital space. While we are going to continue doing this, it doesn't mean that we will stop adding other features.
I think the main Foundry thing that we have been looking to do was some type of integration/rewards improvement. The exact details have yet to be fleshed out, but essentially we would want to create a leveling path that you could do entirely through Foundry missions (meaning they give you similar rewards as normal progression).
Wicked! Okay:
Besides new resource and asset additions to the library, are there any * meaningful * updates, changes, or new features on the roadmap for Neverwinter Foundry Authors at all? Any kind of timeline (Mod 32.5 or something)? And if there is a roadmap: any teasers you’re willing to share?
enlaceguardarreportarregalar goldresponder
[–]PWE_Community [puntuación oculta] 5 minutes ago
Like I mentioned in a different comment (before I did the smart thing and sorted by time posted), the one thing that we are currently looking to do is create a leveling path for UGC content. We think that this would be the best way to get more users interacting with the Foundry, which would in turn then give us more reason to add additional features to the tool itself.
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    What Hey Rogers (Ryan) said is what was told by BadBotLimit (Foundry producer) back in February '13. Back then they were still thinking up ideas (tokens, new currency, etc.). The only thing new that was said in AMA is that they've finally settled on what it will be, which is what we wanted since Foundry beta: similar rewards from standard leveling quests.

LOL

The real stickler: WHEN?

it will happen. I just know better than to hold my breath as to the when part.

Newest answer:
    [–]PWE_Community [score hidden] 3 minutes ago
    I mentioned this in a comment above -
    The biggest idea that we have for the Foundry right now is to create an entire leveling path made out of Foundry content. This would get more people engaged in the Foundry and provide more incentive to upgrade the tools that the authors use.

...which would be a good thing. Now that it is written, they need to let it be done.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yep. Been hearing the same partyline since Feb 2013. So nothing new. Same sh** different day.

No foundry development, static encounters everywhere (why ARE all those CotD mobs standing around in the desert in little 10'r areas?) and really poor grind-fest monster AI means more time for P2P.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    There already is a "leveling path", just play Foundry stuff until you hit 60.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    People were hitting that kid, (I say kid because they put his picture on the Neverwinter Facebook, he looks 12) pretty harsh with comments about just about everything that's been going wrong since Mod 5. I'm cautiously optimistic about the changes for rewards. Like many of you, I'll believe it when I see it, if I even last that long.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    This is very telling as well, from Facebook questions:
    [Q] How about the much neglected Foundry? Any chance of a significant update, or is there still "no return on investment"? It's one of the main advertising points for the game, yet it's been near completely ignored. Most of the character assets are 4 modules behind, there's a laundry list of bugs, and there's no incentive for player participation when HE's in Well of Dragons drop Epic gear as compared to the abysmal Uncommon gear in the chest during foundry quest completion.

[A] I think a rephrased version of this might have been posted above. Asset-wise, I will try to push for getting some of the assets that came out added to the Foundry. Feature wise, the next module likely won’t contain any updates to the Foundry. However, we do have plans to add a leveling track that is completely comprised of Foundry missions and rewards, to get more people engaged in using user generated content.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It is encouraging. I like making foundries just for the fun, but my partner and I played foundries to level and now they are pretty much the only thing we do in NW together (he being more of a WoW player). You never play the same game twice with foundries -- it's the one feature that sets Neverwinter apart, and the only reason NW is my game of choice, instead of, say, EQ or EQ2.

I'm hoping that, if they actually do put more focus on the foundry system, they'll have the confidence to really push it as the one MMO which really does UGC right.

Even in its current, much-ignored state, the foundry system has attracted some of the best level designers I've ever seen. Certainly I've learned so much from them.
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    How about the much neglected Foundry?

[A] I think a rephrased version of this might have been posted above. Asset-wise, I will try to push for getting some of the assets that came out added to the Foundry. Feature wise, the next module likely won’t contain any updates to the Foundry.
    Reminds me of the STO foundry dev, from his podcast interview with Starbase UGC and posted here in our forums several times... "maybe I can get some devs to come in on their weekends and work on Foundry" when he was asked about adding assets to the STO foundry that already existed in that game.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.