Install Arc
Options

Things I Learned the Hard Way

13»

Comments

• Options
    drartwhodentdrartwhodent Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 301 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    If you have leveled or are leveling your Author character to try to get as 'maxed' as possible so that when you test it is more of a 'true' test - never EVER 'respec'.
    The ONLY things that seem to carry over to the 'new' character are your profession levels*, companions and any currencies you have accumulated.

*all profession resources and assets disappear tho
    DON'T
    PANIC!
  • Options
    hathoshathos Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    wininoid wrote: »
    And as a caveat to your tip regarding aggro range, be sure to think about how players will move during a fight. If they are dodging one encounter, are they likely to activate another encounter? The two should have an appropriate amount of distance between them.

Alternatives, if it's important that the player only fight one encounter at a time:
    1. Set the "Appear When" of the 2nd, 3rd, etc... encounters to "instance complete" (when 1st encounter has ended / mobs are killed). Rinse and repeat for waves of mobs progression. May not look right to have mobs appear from thin air though. I recommend using this in a corner area, and have "appearing mobs" patrol around the corner. A possible option if you want the fight to seem to be a constant wave, would be to set one of the individual mobs, in the first wave, as the "instance complete" trigger. Example: Wizard and 4 Imps. If player kills Wizard before killing all the Imps the second wave would appear while Player is still killing Imps.

2. Add invisible wall around 2nd, 3rd, etc... encounters. Then set the "Disappear When" for walls when previous encounter is complete. Use this when you want the Player to see the next encounter but you don't want the the next encounter to join the fight. Example: Boss fight, where Boss and minions are visible but Boss is waiting until you are done with minions before He/She attacks.

Both of these alternatives are untested. So, please keep the name calling to a minimum if they don't work. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    hathoshathos Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hercul33t wrote: »
    If I am bug testing certain areas, I place a teleporter at spawn linked close to the area I want to test instead of running through everything repeatedly to see if the door unlocks properly etc

If you right click an object on the map there is an option "Play map from here". Easier than adding teleporter, every time.
  • Options
    idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Mistake the "Submit to Cryptic" button as the publish button. The story of my first ever published quest.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Back to bed, Vilithrax. It's waaaaay past your bedtime here.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.