test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stealth Change vs Damage Reduction

Comments

• dersidiusdersidius Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    No one needs stealth if u can specc scoundrel + p.lightning and daze the whole node with 1 flurry.
    Also the drown set will give TRs overload slots and im pretty sure flurry + red glyphs will hurt alot since the dmg modifier from scoundrel work amazing with red glyphs.

There's always a way to make a class viable if u put enough effort into it.
    If you still wanna hold a 2v1 dont expect to kill someone or even clear the whole node since no other class can do that.

We could also talk about TRs being able to reset healing depression while keeping it active on the enemy but thats a whole different story.

My honest opinion about the stealth reveal... i'm not sure, i rather have a decreased movespeed in stealth and maybe 90% movespeed with sneakattack so other classes can actually catch up with trs and projectiles can actually hit them in stealth.
    That together with an dmg nerf should be enough.

My only answer to that mouz,

Do you like playing your HR without your Bow?
    Sure combat is Viable and is a great spec, but do you truly enjoy not using your bow?

Yes, scoundrel could maybe be viable (although I do believe a CW will outperform a Scoundrel TR with both CC and DPS) but I, and the majority of TR's play rogue because of stealth, with this stealth reveal, it's almost like stealth isnt there

DERSIDIUS
    ABSLOLUTE 16px-Cross_within_circle_2.svg.png RANK SEVEN
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    dersidius wrote: »
    My only answer to that mouz,

Do you like playing your HR without your Bow?
    Sure combat is Viable and is a great spec, but do you truly enjoy not using your bow?

Yes, scoundrel could maybe be viable (although I do believe a CW will outperform a Scoundrel TR with both CC and DPS) but I, and the majority of TR's play rogue because of stealth, with this stealth reveal, it's almost like stealth isnt there

No i dont like it but we were kinda forced to do so. The same may happen with TRs.

Also when you talk about catching TRs in stealth and that it requires practise i agree with that BUT even when you catch TRs in stealth, its most likly a pure dmg encounter that requires no target and has no hard cc like prone or oppressor entangle.
    So all you get is a tiny bit (but GWF) dmg on them and thats it and you repeat that all over again.
    We all know Trs are amazing to recover from tiny hits or even half hp due to the amount of cc, movespeed and dailies or just stealth in general.
    In the long run the TR will win the fight regardless due to the insane amounts of ap that you can get.
    edited December 2014
    xmousepadx wrote: »
    No i dont like it but we were kinda forced to do so. The same may happen with TRs.

Lets stop that before it happens, Trapper is very close to being more viable then Combat which is a bow oriented HR.

Some HR's put up with the change to the playstyle, but as you noticed most of them quit

Tr's population is low as it is, if you take away the fundamental playstyle these players enjoy, the population will sink down to that of SW's

A) TR is not a PVE class if you want to go for max damage
    B) the majority of TR's wont enjoy not having stealth in PvP

Population of TR's will fall and there won't be anyone left to defend or comment about changes to the class.

DERSIDIUS
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Lets stop that before it happens, Trapper is very close to being more viable then Combat which is a bow oriented HR.

Some HR's put up with the change to the playstyle, but as you noticed most of them quit

Tr's population is low as it is, if you take away the fundamental playstyle these players enjoy, the population will sink down to that of SW's

A) TR is not a PVE class if you want to go for max damage
    B) the majority of TR's wont enjoy not having stealth in PvP

Population of TR's will fall and there won't be anyone left to defend or comment about changes to the class.

Tr's with SoD do by far the most singletarget dmg, even slightly more than archery Hrs.
    Apart from that they wont remove ur stealth completly, it will just work different.
  • velynnavelynna Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    What did velynna say? She said "The truth is, very few people can catch a TR efficiently.".
    She did vote for "TR's Need Both Damage Reduction and Stealth Reveal".

I misclicked :(

I just think there needs to be a balance; if TRs want to hold 1v2, they shouldn't have the clearing power they do now. If they want high damage output, their 1v2 survivability should be curtailed. Is the stealth reveal + the daily nerf the best way to do this? I will reserve my judgement until I see it in action in PvP matches.

Either way, I suspect many TRs will be able adapt fairly well to the changes.

With regard to the poll, no one is saying it's fake. Acting like it's representative is entirely dishonest, though.
  • hexanna22hexanna22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 204 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    What did velynna say? She said "The truth is, very few people can catch a TR efficiently.".
    She did vote for "TR's Need Both Damage Reduction and Stealth Reveal".

You say that TR can easily be countered but still only a handful of players can do it? That makes no sense at all. If its easy, people would not complain as much as they do about TRs.

I think the gap needs to be reduced so its not as hard to catch a TR. I mean, people needs to switch encounters, passives, gear, enchantments just to fight a TR and then switch back when fighting anything else and if something else shows up during the TR fight, you die because what you have slotted sucks against everything else. Allt is very good at catching TRs and his build was all about catching TRs in mod4 but normal players cant do what Allt does because people cant afford it.

The game is supposed to be fun to play and perma-stealth is the biggest problem regarding that and I think that's one of the main reasons they wanted to change it in the first place. It needs to be done in a good way.

+1
    and also wanted to say that I think your other posts are spot on as well.

To Everyone Else
    Hard Lock Target is something that many end game pvpers hope you never figure out how to use. Go practice your Hard Lock target.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think the poll is wrong. I mean people like me want to have a change to permastealth but Stealth Reveal isn't the only way to help that problem. Mouz wrote something interesting with movement speed etc, that could work against permstealth.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
    edited December 2014
    It will barely work, like some other people have posted, all benefits for sabo become nearly useless. Realistically, if that sabo is in a 2v1 trying to survive, the minute his SS dosent daze one of the people chasing him he's dead

Life expectancy goes down from 1m to 15-30 seconds with the stealth reveal

in addition, taking a scoundrel is like taking a weaker CW that dosent have range or 1 shots or the same surviability

I agree, TR's shouldnt be able to kill 1v2, but with equal skill, a perm stealth TR should be able to kill 1v1, this stealth reveal makes that task lopsided vs the majority of classes

As for the poll, it is a decent representation, people from all spectrums have voted here and I have asked everyone I've come into contact with, regardless of their stand on this argument to vote

the only thing that leaves it up for bad representation would be fake votes(which their might be a few) but I'd expect the amount of fakes be equal on both sides

Well, the sample size is also a bit small, and I try to encourage it's growth whenever possible

DERSIDIUS
    edited December 2014
    I think the poll is wrong. I mean people like me want to have a change to permastealth but Stealth Reveal isn't the only way to help that problem. Mouz wrote something interesting with movement speed etc, that could work against permstealth.

One issue at a time perhaps? This isnt the fix all issues with TR post, this is a TR trying to stop the destruction of his class and I'm pretty confident the majority would prefer a tr's damage reduced (be it by 100% being removed hopefully) then to make TRs 1 defense extremely hindered

DERSIDIUS
  • burkaancburkaanc Member Posts: 2,186 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    then to make TRs 1 defense extremely hindered

so high deflect at 75% severity doesnt count
    long immunity frames doesnt count
    ItC doesnt count
    being still invisible most of the time doesnt count

tr are more tanky than ffn gwfs, stop crying
    Paladin Master Race
    edited December 2014
    burkaanc wrote: »
    so high deflect at 75% severity doesnt count
    long immunity frames doesnt count
    ItC doesnt count
    being still invisible most of the time doesnt count

tr are more tanky than ffn gwfs, stop crying

High deflect only happens if you tank your build for it, average TR's have 25-28%

Long immunity frames that can be countered with easy timing

And No ITC DOSENT Count, it last 5 seconds... IF it even works, its been bugged since beta!

Only sabo's will have stealth worth noting, which will still be drastically shorter since every time they try to keep it up you can see them

Thats a GWF issue, not a TR issue, GWF needs a buff thats been established

DERSIDIUS
    edited December 2014

As for the poll, it is a decent representation, people from all spectrums have voted here and I have asked everyone I've come into contact with, regardless of their stand on this argument to vote

the only thing that leaves it up for bad representation would be fake votes(which their might be a few) but I'd expect the amount of fakes be equal on both sides

You can't be serious. The poll isn't in the least bit representative of the PvP population.

#1. Most PvPers don't visit the forums
    #2. Most of the voters are from 2-3 guilds
    #3. The "people you've come into contact"/asked to contribute to the poll are definitely a particular subset of players

Common sense/an intro to research methods class should tell you that this poll does not contain a representative sample whose opinions you can likely generalize to the entire PvP population.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    i bet 100% the 2 sec reveal wont change to much for TR.

he needs his feats to be fixed.
    he needs ITC to be removed
    he needs his stealth.
    he needs a nerf on daze , cause the daze its so often (stun locks)
    he can slow targets as much as he wants.
    scoundrel needs a nerf on the movement he runs faster than a 110% speed mount.

and i am not buyin this that a gwf with intimidation can clear a TR. maybe when the TR is afk.
    or the gwf has a DC that keeps him alive,otherwise it's not possible.
    edited December 2014
    velynna wrote: »
    You can't be serious. The poll isn't in the least bit representative of the PvP population.

#1. Most PvPers don't visit the forums
    #2. Most of the voters are from 2-3 guilds
    #3. The "people you've come into contact"/asked to contribute to the poll are definitely a particular subset of players

Common sense/an intro to research methods class should tell you that this poll does not contain a representative sample whose opinions you can likely generalize to the entire PvP population.

I don't generalize it to the entire PvP Population, I generalize it to the people who actually care

at any rate, it's better then having no say at all or no way of determining what most of our peers believe

I genuinely encourage everyone here to get everyone they can to vote, if the majority players actually favor a stealth reveal then my hands are tied, but I will campaign my belief until proven otherwise.

DERSIDIUS
  • tsokushintsokushin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It will barely work, like some other people have posted, all benefits for sabo become nearly useless. Realistically, if that sabo is in a 2v1 trying to survive, the minute his SS dosent daze one of the people chasing him he's dead

if that sabo is in a 2v1 trying to survive,

Look here, dude, no class truly survives a 2v1, except a tank specced GF. In the case of the GF, he definitely wouldn't kill anybody.
    Life expectancy goes down from 1m to 15-30 seconds with the stealth reveal

So, about the same as other classes in a 2v1. That's balanced.
    in addition, taking a scoundrel is like taking a weaker CW that dosent have range or 1 shots or the same surviability

Then pick up executioner, or find a way to make your current spec still work. I was trying to play a dps Cleric in mod 4, no it wasn't easy, but when I did have a success, it was that much sweeter. You're skilled, figure something out.

I agree, TR's shouldnt be able to kill 1v2, but with equal skill, a perm stealth TR should be able to kill 1v1, this stealth reveal makes that task lopsided vs the majority of classes

A perm stealth rogue will be able to kill 1v1, he'll just walk away with bruises instead of unscathed. You still have Dazing Strike, you still have dailies, you still have the first attack.

I disagree with the quality of the poll atm. You put up 3 flavors of "don't need stealth reveal", but in any case, I'd discount the votes that solely voted for "Doesn't need stealth reveal" because something must be done for balance regardless.

There really can't be a damage reduction for PvE effectiveness.
  • nezyrworksnezyrworks Member Posts: 75
    edited December 2014
    I don't generalize it to the entire PvP Population, I generalize it to the people who actually care

at any rate, it's better then having no say at all or no way of determining what most of our peers believe

I genuinely encourage everyone here to get everyone they can to vote, if the majority players actually favor a stealth reveal then my hands are tied, but I will campaign my belief until proven otherwise.

You will never convince them. Out of their trollish nature, they will not accept anything but a huge nerf for what they had experienced past 3 weeks. (not that they didn't trolled when they were CWs, HRs or GWFs killing every TR there because we were helpless).

My opinion: Since the majority of top TR players (first 10 pages of mod 3-4) had been playing on an underperforming toons, now that they had received buffs they are more than adept at killing the whole teams. Some of us resigned just because they knew ahead it will end up that way. Sad but true.

After the nerf it will be like it was mod 3-4. Handful of skilled and no others touching even mere half of top rank. And then those that will use the last viable build post nerf will get another nerf just to chear them up. I am constantly spat on, insulted during the match. My ignore list is far reaching and growing every domination. And i am a combat TR playing least viable build now.
    edited December 2014
    tsokushin wrote: »
    if that sabo is in a 2v1 trying to survive,

Look here, dude, no class truly survives a 2v1, except a tank specced GF. In the case of the GF, he definitely wouldn't kill anybody.

So, about the same as other classes in a 2v1. That's balanced.
    Not the same, TR's Are only taken to premades because they can do that

Then pick up executioner, or find a way to make your current spec still work. I was trying to play a dps Cleric in mod 4, no it wasn't easy, but when I did have a success, it was that much sweeter. You're skilled, figure something out.
    No you don't take an executioner, you take a GWF instead

[/quote]I agree, TR's shouldnt be able to kill 1v2, but with equal skill, a perm stealth TR should be able to kill 1v1, this stealth reveal makes that task lopsided vs the majority of classes[/quote]
    A perm stealth rogue will be able to kill 1v1, he'll just walk away with bruises instead of unscathed. You still have Dazing Strike, you still have dailies, you still have the first attack.
    Incorrect, you still need to address this

GWF > TR with stealth reveal
    CW < TR with stealth reveal
    HR > TR with stealth reveal
    GF > TR with stealth reveal
    DC > TR with stealth reveal
    SW ? TR with stealth reveal

All of these situations have been tested isntead of SW

I disagree with the quality of the poll atm. You put up 3 flavors of "don't need stealth reveal", but in any case, I'd discount the votes that solely voted for "Doesn't need stealth reveal" because something must be done for balance regardless.

There really can't be a damage reduction for PvE effectiveness.

I'm sorry, but I fear you only disagree because it's not in your favor, your lack of admitting that your DPS dc will be king 1v1 after this nerf proves your bias

Also, the developers have been making PvE/PvP specific changes for the last few modules, why does damage have to be an exception?

DERSIDIUS
    edited December 2014

I'm sure there a lot more people who care than who voted. I'm sure most of the PvP population does care, and would have an opinion if asked. If you're defining "people who care" as the people who voted, then sure, your poll is representative. Also just about meaningless.

Again, not saying the poll is pointless. Pretending like it's representative isn't accurate.
    edited December 2014
    I'm sure there a lot more people who care than who voted. I'm sure most of the PvP population does care, and would have an opinion if asked. If you're defining "people who care" as the people who voted, then sure, your poll is representative. Also just about meaningless.

Again, not saying the poll is pointless. Pretending like it's representative isn't accurate.

If you have an issue with the amount of people who voted, or the quality of people who voted, I encourage you to spread the poll around more yourself~

DERSIDIUS
    edited December 2014
    I'm sorry, but I fear you only disagree because it's not in your favor, your lack of admitting that your DPS dc will be king 1v1 after this nerf proves your bias

If you're discounting I Am's opinion because of bias, everything you've said should also be discounted, then. Your argument of "you've failed to admit something that isn't relevant to the discussion of TR changes, therefore anything you say about this class doesn't count" is pretty tenuous.
    edited December 2014
    If you're discounting I Am's opinion because of bias, everything you've said should also be discounted, then. Your argument of "you've failed to admit something that isn't relevant to the discussion of TR changes, therefore anything you say about this class doesn't count" is pretty tenuous.

I'm merely pointing out he has less to gain from his bias, and I have more to loss

DERSIDIUS
    edited December 2014
    If you have an issue with the amount of people who voted, or the quality of people who voted, I encourage you to spread the poll around more yourself~

You really like completely misreading people's posts. Did I say I had an issue with any of those? No. Am I saying that due to the amount and type of people who voted, you shouldn't be parading the results around like they're representative? Yes. Pretty simple to understand.
    edited December 2014
    You really like completely misreading people's posts. Did I say I had an issue with any of those? No. Am I saying that due to the amount and type of people who voted, you shouldn't be parading the results around like they're representative? Yes. Pretty simple to understand.

Then that would be an issue, you have an issue with the amount of people that voted, therefore you think its incorrect.

DERSIDIUS
    edited December 2014
    Then that would be an issue, you have an issue with the amount of people that voted, therefore you think its incorrect.

I have an issue with how you're using/interpreting the results. How is that hard to understand?

Is it the result of the amount/type of people who voted? Yes. Is that my issue? No, because that's the unavoidable nature of this type of forum poll.
  • tourtastourtas Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Allow me to disagree.
    Scoundrel is viable and can 1v1 any CW on a 50-50 chance who CC first. CW can 1 shot but scoundrel can kill in 1 rotation and with the daze that thing becomes a "combo".
    It's not the classic Tr tho that can time waist and needs some "babysitting" as you said but that is only fair to my eyes. If u stand a chance 2v1 to survive and hold a pad, you shouldn't also be able to kill as well and vice versa.

As for the stealth
    I play tr for the stealth also. For me is like:

Best way to bypass the enemy party unnoticed. Best way to backcap.
    Best way to escape when things go bad or time waist till your cooldowns.
    Mobility. A sense that you go for them, they don't come for you.
    As buff for my powers. Adds extra effects on encounters. You deal combat advantage dmg. Now we also crit. (that's too much)

I'm ok with the mechanic to that point.
    Ofc i never liked perma stealth so i never played it, and i know i'm a minority on this matter, but i find permastealth unfair by default.
    Depending on your skill you can time waist on a pad for a gazillion minutes and we all know that.
    Most of you are used in 1v2 ,1v3 or even 1v4 situations thinking that this thing is ok. Its not ok. TRs can run around in stealth on and off the pad building AP from neck/DC artifact/potions to hit when the time is right and then wait for cooldown till they go again.
    The tr CAN be spotted easily with practice and a headset but can also evade easily and refill stealth easily. Also most times to get him once isn't enough. You can easily take a tr down to 30%hp but he is hard as steel from that point on be killed.Ofc most won't last a second tr rotation.

Just throwing a "visible" TR's opinion on the matter.
    edited December 2014
    I have an issue with how you're using/interpreting the results. How is that hard to understand?

Is it the result of the amount/type of people who voted? Yes. Is that my issue? No, because that's the unavoidable nature of this type of forum poll.

I don't think you should complain about my interpenetration of the poll unless you contribute to its results~

DERSIDIUS
    edited December 2014
    I don't think you should complain about my interpenetration of the poll unless you contribute to its results~

I did. But my contribution to the poll is also completely unrelated to whether or not you're discussing the results in an accurate manner.

I seriously wonder about you...

That also has to be the worst typo ever. Do you proof read anything you write?
  • isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    lol interpenetration haahah. that made me laugh. when i was reading it i thought you were talking about armor pen until you said poll haha.