test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Community Guide: How to beat tiamat 101 (With Video!)

Comments

• Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    +1

Thanks for this post!
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    plaviaplavia Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    thx for the guide
    after 20 fails I actually almost managed to make it (I guess other read your guide cause that was the tactic)

even if you reduce all head HP in the first runs, for killing them all in such a short time you will need good GS
    saying no GS is required is like joining pug against pre build PVP and except to win
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Nice guide.
  • Options
    imm0rtalboyimm0rtalboy Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Finally we defeated Tiamat i'm glad i joined a great team with team work Tiamat defeated and still 4 min left and prize was

Unnamed_QQ_Screenshot20141207132115.png

Chest
    Unnamed_QQ_Screenshot20141207132156.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Finally we defeated Tiamat i'm glad i joined a great team with team work Tiamat defeated and still 4 min left and prize was

Unnamed_QQ_Screenshot20141207132115.png

Chest
    Unnamed_QQ_Screenshot20141207132156.png

great job!!:cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    cloud990plcloud990pl Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Get used to it, people used 100% of their coffers/tokens/other stuff to gain 100% not for Tiamat reward but to get as much Linu's Favor as possible
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited December 2014
    Congratulations on the nice triumph and loot!
  • Options
    theoddis1theoddis1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 353 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    its nice loot when you actually get a reward fro beating Tiamat....
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    This guy decided to use red dragon gem on white dragon red circle we told him many times stay with your team your team is red dragon but he ignore and decided to help us like we need him and ofc we failed that's why, communication is very much important in any mission :mad:

Unnamed_QQ_Screenshot20141207181723.png
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    We just lost by 4 seconds....
    Why?

Because people did not utilize the dragon platforms properly...

-Left half of 25 man team
    Start on green dragon on final phase (kill it)
    Jump to black dragon (kill it)
    go back up to greens platforms
    Jump to red dragon (kill it)
    Now move to any other dragons and kill them!

-Right half of 25 man team
    Start on blue dragon on final phase (kill it)
    Jump to white dragon (kill it)
    go back to blue platform
    Jump to Red Dragon (kill it)

Failure to do it this way will results in failure to kill tiamat 75% of the time

round #2 win :)
    6V1F5bC.jpg
    http://imgur.com/6V1F5bC
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Why?

go back to blue platform

Failure to do it this way will results in failure to kill tiamat 75% of the time

OR BECAUSE THEY FAIL MATH and they dont understand 10%-25% HP means and they dont listen, and they are scrubs..
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    There's an old saying: 'For want of a nail, the horseshoe was lost. For want of a horseshoe, the steed was lost. For want of a steed, the message was not delivered. For want of an undelivered message, the war was lost.'
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    There's an old saying: 'For want of a nail, the horseshoe was lost. For want of a horseshoe, the steed was lost. For want of a steed, the message was not delivered. For want of an undelivered message, the war was lost.'

amen to this!

5kSsrMV.jpg
    Victory yet again!
    http://imgur.com/5kSsrMV
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    posted a new pic about what NOT to do...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    m1nuendm1nuend Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014

go back to blue platform

Why don't you go to white/black first so you don't have to move back and forth?
    39275e2ac4.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    m1nuend wrote: »
    Why don't you go to white/black first so you don't have to move back and forth?

because it takes longer to walk from black to green to red...
    because it takes longer to talk from white to blue to red..

however, if everyone all 25 people start from left to right or right to left... it can work..
    Some people are stuck on only fighting their dragon color first.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    so far this is the only tactic I saw that allow you to almost finish tiamat (still only fails)
    the most important part is to make 2 big parties, beside the jumping from green to black that save time etc.
    party of 10 ppl is 4X stronger then 2 separate party on 5
    all buffs and heals of DC have no limits, all are AOE or on target
    other buffs from draconic armor set etc. are not limited to party as well
    (to be honest I cant think of buff that is limited to a party...)

next time you do daily dragon encounter, notice the damage you reach, you will not reach such high damage with party of 5
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Why?

go back to blue platform

round #2 win :)
    6V1F5bC.jpg
    http://imgur.com/6V1F5bC

75% failure ? If you stack a decent team you can just all take a color and party for it. Watch the bar 2nd phase to see who is lagging and when you get your dragon to 10% or so break team to assist whoever id falling behind. Kill your dragon on third and immediately assist any adjacent not close. This usually wins forme unless there are 2 or more bad teams. The real problem is teaming with people who know and follow the plan. If your guild is too small set up a chamel and get your friends list and guildies on it. 20-25 people que at the same second and land in the same instance. Vctory.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    query523 wrote: »
    75% failure ? If you stack a decent team you can just all take a color and party for it. Watch the bar 2nd phase to see who is lagging and when you get your dragon to 10% or so break team to assist whoever id falling behind. Kill your dragon on third and immediately assist any adjacent not close. This usually wins forme unless there are 2 or more bad teams. The real problem is teaming with people who know and follow the plan. If your guild is too small set up a chamel and get your friends list and guildies on it. 20-25 people que at the same second and land in the same instance. Vctory.

75% failure is due to people that just give up after they don't do well with the first attempt at dragons.
    Some people will die and just sit in the camp fire.

I did see a full zerg party work today once... but 3 other times it failed.
    All started on black... and worked their way across to white slowly
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tbhdk2tbhdk2 Member Posts: 78
    edited December 2014
    plavia wrote: »
    so far this is the only tactic I saw that allow you to almost finish tiamat (still only fails)
    the most important part is to make 2 big parties, beside the jumping from green to black that save time etc.
    party of 10 ppl is 4X stronger then 2 separate party on 5
    all buffs and heals of DC have no limits, all are AOE or on target
    other buffs from draconic armor set etc. are not limited to party as well
    (to be honest I cant think of buff that is limited to a party...)

next time you do daily dragon encounter, notice the damage you reach, you will not reach such high damage with party of 5

Ofc 25 people does more dps than 5 with buff and everything (Oh but there is a thing called lag - noticed how your encounters fail in zerg groups?) - but these 25 people has to ride to all dragons and thus fails - those that carry the blue gem and green gem might be those that have the slow mounts or are chased by some mob and cant use their mount, or maybe those with fast mounts are those that used their gems protecting clerics- so a lot of people gets wiped. If you split in two groups you gotta make sure that those who have to those gems are totally among the 12 on each side and that 5 have blue and green respectively.

Really its an awful tactic and I only seen it succeed once - while fail 3-4 times.

Where as making 5 people on each dragon usually works - Those 5 groups that dps fastest go help those that dont and that is all the riding needed. I had success after success - actually a streak of 15 + success and not a single fail using this tactics. Failures happens when people zerg or dont grab blue and green gem (somewhat red) "because its not really needed when dragon die so fast anyway?" or still stuck at some other dragon. And Zergers are currently ruining to many chances of success in Tiamat.

Those who want to zerg should go in at fixed point in time so we others can be free of them. Because slow and steady teamwork wins the race. 5 x5 all with gems coordinated. Never seen that one fail.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    tbhdk2 wrote: »
    Ofc 25 people does more dps than 5 with buff and everything (Oh but there is a thing called lag - noticed how your encounters fail in zerg groups?) - but these 25 people has to ride to all dragons and thus fails - those that carry the blue gem and green gem might be those that have the slow mounts or are chased by some mob and cant use their mount, or maybe those with fast mounts are those that used their gems protecting clerics- so a lot of people gets wiped. If you split in two groups you gotta make sure that those who have to those gems are totally among the 12 on each side and that 5 have blue and green respectively.

Really its an awful tactic and I only seen it succeed once - while fail 3-4 times.

Where as making 5 people on each dragon usually works - Those 5 groups that dps fastest go help those that dont and that is all the riding needed. I had success after success - actually a streak of 15 + success and not a single fail using this tactics. Failures happens when people zerg or dont grab blue and green gem (somewhat red) "because its not really needed when dragon die so fast anyway?" or still stuck at some other dragon. And Zergers are currently ruining to many chances of success in Tiamat.

Those who want to zerg should go in at fixed point in time so we others can be free of them. Because slow and steady teamwork wins the race. 5 x5 all with gems coordinated. Never seen that one fail.

i am unproud to say i have more then 30 fails on the colors method and not even one single success with this method
    all my success were split or zerg

if you plan on farming linu favor, here is my advice:

if you think you know what to do then start a party. many ppl will follow leader even if they do not speak English

always think what you can bring to the group. even simple at will like tide of iron can have big impact on big group
    if you got draconic armor, its time to use it, if you have plague fire or terror enchant, time to use it as well. (prices are too low anyway)

make room in your belt before it start. this means that tymora coin goes to the inventory
    buff up, use the potions you have

take the green or blue gems only

until the developers will come out with astral <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, DC can't heal or buff from behind. stay under the head even if you are CW, HR or SW. this is where you will get gem protection from the melee players and you will get buff and heals

do not try to provoke the green or white dragon alone, stay with the group

defending the cleric takes time. watch the bar, all cleric should raise on same speed. if one fall behind it probably need help
    some needs protection and heal of cleric while some need help of CW or GF

devoted cleric:
    use high prophet set, we all have one
    main attack is divine glow, it heals and buff. whether you are DPS or healer
    astral shield is the best protection you can give, it can actually cancel the damage of poison, use empower astral shield whether you are DPS or healer. its is very helpful defending the clerics as well
    for the third encounter i use chains, mainly for the damage in the cleric stage, healer can use bastion of health (healing ward is bugged and wont heal if the terrain is not flat)

the first attack generate argo and adds will attack you, good position is to not between the group / the cleric. this way you draw the adds away and give combat advantage
    hollowed ground as your daily, nothing beat the impact of 15% DR and DPS

DO NOT USE SUN BURST

other classes:
    i am not playing wizard but some do magic's on the cleric phase with all kinds of ice.
    good GF is also an asset
    and smoke bomb is really effective
    again i do not play those classes but i am sure they can bring a lot to the group
  • Options
    tbhdk2tbhdk2 Member Posts: 78
    edited December 2014
    Well if you get into a group where only 5 people actually can ditch out some dps you wont win. But I won 5 x 5 where the two strongest teams had to take on an extra head that was virtually unhurt.

We are some that try to coordinate tactical 5 x 5 runs. And those never failed unless to many zergers joined.

So I suggest that those who want to zerg go in at fixed times so we can avoid mingling with them - maybe in 2-3 waves - I dont really care as long as they dont ruin games that would be an success without them.

Because there are more things that can go wrong in the zerg than in the tactical.

lag in general - head being killed to soon due to lag and sudden mass landing of crits - protective gems not being present for whatever reason: cooldowns, slow mounts, people disengaging zerg earlier than others in fear of finishing the head to soon etc.

Tactical might end with a zerg when one or two teams fails to bring down a dragon head, but it will be in the final phase where the head need to be killed and the team with the gems will be standing there. That those 5 gems are present and coordinated in activation is basically the most vital to success.

If there is not enough dps present nothing gonna help you - I seen zerg games that only managed to finish 3 dragonheads.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Some people like to form parties with 2 DC and 2 GF then complain that the OP method does not work.

LoL

Let them push their zerg agenda if they want to.

I have been in many zerg tiamat raids where the zerg cannot win simply because THEY DO NOT HAVE enough DPS.

So regardless of tactics, you can lose if your team comes to a gun fight with a plastic spoon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    allicendreallicendre Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Another main reason why we fail :
    The servers can't cope with the load.
    At the rush hours, the servers are in denial of service state.
    When your character is going backward like magic then far ahead, etc, just means the servers can't acknowledge orders from the client.
    Each orders are verified by the servers to prevent cheating.

Solutions :
    - reduce number of players per instance, 25 should be the maximum,
    - open access to Tiamat instances at different times on each shards to avoid the bottle neck.
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Temple of T needs a GS door and facecontrol. Nobody below 15K. Those 10k folks... I cant even talk about them. IWD requires 3 boons, Tiamat should require full Shar + DR. 4 fails today, all zrg and all full of GS scrubs who not only fail to comprehend the super simple fight but also cant dps at all .

Esp you TRs of 10-12 who think you're so hot cause u can 1 shot ppl in pvp..stay away from Tia

And last but not least. Cryptic optimize your tech, the lag makes it unplayable at least twice per run.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Pretty much my experience. A tactics team can kill a head with no issues. Just did one now with 3 because the zergheads would not group up. Ok admittedly we were kinda geared but experienced skilled players are going to hit some power creep. Lowbies tend to zerg. Two hours before that had a 5 man tactic in a zerg. Took blue to 30% first pass, spend most of second on white because zerg starts black and it was at full. Zerg caught upwith us in 3rd as blue was dying. My advice at this point if stuck in zerg take blue or red and the zerg will catch up 3rd round...
  • Options
    tickdofftickdoff Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The 10k GS is not as bad as people make it out to be. yes they are underpowered, but they are not useless. Coordination and teamwork trump GS.
  • Options
    archsinner81archsinner81 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited December 2014
    tickdoff wrote: »
    The 10k GS is not as bad as people make it out to be. yes they are underpowered, but they are not useless. Coordination and teamwork trump GS.

If someone really bother about coordination and teamwork, i dont think you will see 10k scrubs. You can easily gear up in T1/T2 and R5 and have 12k gs. T1 and T2 are dirt cheap right now.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    added new tip on how to quickly pass the cleric protection zone!!! (image as proof)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lucifron44lucifron44 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    • defending the clerics
      snipe off the monsters as they run to the clerics from edge of lava pit

SunBurst all the way then?
    Russian leaderboard first page. The proof.