test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Elf city/ village?

reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
edited January 2015 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
I'm working on a foundry quest where you have to deliver a certain object to a random elf city or village.
I'm aiming to get something close to this
Rivendell_-_The_Hobbit.PNG
I was originally thinking on using a non lore place and just invent a new village but maybe there's already a place like that in DnD realms?
2e2qwj6.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Researching Forgotten Realms lore to keep a story accurate is a heck of a rabbit hole to fall down.... :)

This topic seemed relevant.

http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=15889
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Rivendell is probably similar to Evereska, which is built among a valley of twelve hills. One could assume that a river runs through the settlement similar to Rivendell. "The city of Evereska itself is a masterpiece of shaped stone and crafted trees, built for architectural impact and powerful defense." (pg. 227 3E FRCS) Lothlorien, home of Galadriel, is more akin to Myth Drannor's Elven Court built around trees.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Problem is, what state is Evereska in these days? it has been destroyed and rebuild 2 times already I think, and for what Ive found it hasnt recovered fully from the last one;

...and then we have Linu opening its gates for the Cult of the Dragon....
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Right now in our timeline with the Spellplague and Feywild pockets, you can easily place such an elven settlement anywhere in the Sword Coast with mountains, which we have many in this area. Just write it as thought it was an elven settlement in the Feywild that got transposed here during the Spellplague and if you aren't going to re-use the settlement later on in another mission, you can end it's lore with it shifting back into the feywild, minimizing any impact a reader may feel on the lore of the Realms.

In all reality, the eastern heartlands aren't that far off to use any of the eleven settlements there. Evereska though is still plausible as a point of travel in the western heartlands. One would just need to know where it is, as it is currently cloaked in our timeline by its mythal. It is highly dangerous though as there's a lot going on in that region. Thay, Cult, Phaerimm, etc.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Evereska

I would link a larger Faerûn map, but my scanner isn't big enough to fit my FR fold-out map from the 3E Campaign Setting book. I boycotted 4E, but I plan on purchasing the 5E version of the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting. In truth, you should probably make up a city and location all your own. You could make it a companion village or trading post near Evereska.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I'm working on a foundry quest where you have to deliver a certain object to a random elf city or village.
    I'm aiming to get something close to this
    Rivendell_-_The_Hobbit.PNG
    I was originally thinking on using a non lore place and just invent a new village but maybe there's already a place like that in DnD realms?

Randomly yes there is XD Forgottom realms there are sevral D&D elf Villages and citys including

Dark elves(Drow): Underdark, MiddleDark and Menzoborizan.

Wood Elves. Evermeet (which has some how become a sun elf place), A cursed city of Silmataurea (I plan on telling the story of that one) and of course they were best known for being Nomadic Druids in the Forest of neverwinter its self.

The lore on the others is still here in the game of Neverwinter its self, reguading sun elves, high Elves, the newly named "Dark Elves" (who where in dnd the first moon elves but never mind), Wild Elves have probs the only gang who've staied the same in that they hate everyone who goes into their woodland land of the fey wilds. XD
  • blackfoxaltoroblackfoxaltoro Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Evereska

I would link a larger Faerûn map, but my scanner isn't big enough to fit my FR fold-out map from the 3E Campaign Setting book. I boycotted 4E, but I plan on purchasing the 5E version of the Forgotten Realms Campaign setting. In truth, you should probably make up a city and location all your own. You could make it a companion village or trading post near Evereska.
    ^- I agree with this person 110%
  • lievcocijolievcocijo Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wild Elves have probs the only gang who've staied the same in that they hate everyone who goes into their woodland land of the fey wilds. XD

Not necessarily the feywild; there are several wild elf settlements like Elfharrow (which changed a lot from 3e to 4e) and Chondalwood (which hasnt changed much AFAIK) little problem is, they are far far away from Nev
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Wood Elves. Evermeet (which has some how become a sun elf place)

I seem to recall from Evermeet: Island of Elves by Elaine Cunningham that the Sun Elves always stayed there, with the Moon Elf royalty also residing on the island. I can't remember any mention of Wood Elves on Evermeet or history about them having made it their home.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited January 2015
    lirithiel wrote: »
    I seem to recall from Evermeet: Island of Elves by Elaine Cunningham that the Sun Elves always stayed there, with the Moon Elf royalty also residing on the island. I can't remember any mention of Wood Elves on Evermeet or history about them having made it their home.
    The source book for Evermeet in 2nd edition did give mention that all sub races of elves lived within Evermeet but it was predominantly Sun and Moon elven in populace, along with a rivaling number of other fey creatures and sylvan demi-gods. The only elven race that doesn't have a "population" or "community" are the drow. However, a few drow did make it their home, in disguise. A few drow are even allowed to visit as they were of respected descent by the Queen of All Elves, like Qilué Veladorn.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    There are a lot of elves nearby in the High Forest, which is due east of Neverwinter. North of the High Forest is the Moonwood with many elves.

This whole area used to be large elven nations and there are still elves protecting ancient treasures in each forest.

Here is a link to a large map

http://www.pocketplane.net/volothamp/images/faerunlarge.jpg
    edited January 2015
    Indeed, all the old forests in the sword coast are littered with ancient elven ruins, secret communities of sylvan and wood elves, and passages to and from the Feywild can open anywhere (during this current timeline).