test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

what is the best dps class for pve?

gfalconiogfalconio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
edited December 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
HI all, i want start a new class (of momento i play gwf and gf focused to pvp) but now i want try a new class focused to pve. which recommend?
PVP GF Sword Master Dominion Champion :3
Post edited by gfalconio on

Comments

• schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Top Rank
    1.CW-DC
    2.TR
    3.SW
    4.GWF-HR
    10.GF

OFC well played & perfect greaded.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • jganthjganth Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    The Devoted Cleric is really kicking it...TODAY anyway. If they rebalance again, then likely it will shift.
  • tarftgmtarftgm Banned Users Posts: 169 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    The answer for anything PVE related is always: Control Wizard.

It will always be and remain the uncontested PVE king since Beta.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    DC-CW
    SW
    TR-HR archery
    GWF

HR COMBAT
    GF
  • gfalconiogfalconio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mmm cw see interesting, what build recommend?
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    DPS wise?

Fury SW (Hellbringer) is currently Paingiver if we consider equal gear/skills. CW (Spell Storm) will do most DPS after a Fury SW.
    signature-lili.png
  • nekromaniak666nekromaniak666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 94
    edited December 2014
    Ofc it is Scourge Warlock (Fury Hellbringer) because of Accursed Diabolist or Fabled Iliyanbruen armor sets.
    These two sets have ultimate or better say OP 4 pieces set bonuses which will allow you to make crazy numbers of total dmg not comparable with any other classes.
    [SIGPIC]Hellsing[/SIGPIC]
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Assuming AoE DPS.

CW and GWF can be more or less equivalent, but for a GWF to match a CW it will need far more skill than a CW requires.

Other classes have little hope in matching them.
  • chaostheorysevenchaostheoryseven Member Posts: 84
    edited December 2014
    A Fury TT***** (<- prostitute) will outdps anything with a minimum effort. They got no control though and TT is a lot less useful solo, so they're mediocre on their own. In other words if you wanna push forwards without having to wait for the slowpokes lagging behind, this won't do.

CW is a whole different story. Harder to master and needs better gear than a TT***** (which can pretty much top paingiver with blues) but no need to rely on the team. A swiss army knife.
    I love to burst bubbles.
  • mjytreszmjytresz Member Posts: 500 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Pugging dungeons? TR
    Pugging Domination? TR
    Soloing mobs? TR
    Logging in? TR
    Playing Neverwinter? TR
    Having sex? TR
    Broken mechanics, broken class designs, lack of actual content, and over zealous, bronze-age moderation?

Go Cryptic!
    PS - I quit.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    If u want singletarget dps Archery HR or Tr with bugged SoD and dot weaponenchant.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Best dps class? Still the best is CW - easy to use aoe, plenty of cc, they also can be quite tanky with shield on tab. DC is the new black, but harder to play due to 3 encounter modes, also not very immune against other people's stupidity (example: when you try to use your nicest aoe encounters when someone aggres mobs and makes them run around).

Then we have warlocks - very good dps, but... nothing else, basically. Also it's easy to play this class bad.

And if you don't like caster, you can make a HR - you'd most likely want to make him/her an archer if you go for pve dps.
    edited December 2014
    The question is wrong what can beat GWF 18k destroyer dps with 10 k gs .
    Answer CW DC TR HR(trapper this rock better then archery)&mybe SW .

So it will give you a better picture cuz y have gwf .
    To see what is the best :
    So first place :CW renegade ultimate buffer controller debuffer and have nice full heal brutal brust dps.
    DC DPS spec can stil heal and debuff& buff and do some controll it rock too.
    Second place TR (little controll)can do only dps(no controll no buff nothing only dps) SW also.
    Third placeHR good dps little controll.
    GWF can do some high brust too but y must forget destoyer and try to reach the immposible 15k base power w/o aow or corrupted and owerload slot. Then you can beat the great guys like CW SW TR DC HR. Its not immpsoble but you need lot -lot -lot -lot lot lot money to do this and you will be nothing in pvp.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • gfalconiogfalconio Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    cw or sw, which is best for when you start 60?
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    mjytresz wrote: »
    Having sex? TR

And, boy, that was long overdue! :) No one wanted the poor TR in dungeons for a year.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's funny how crappy CWs love to talk even more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the SWs when they have been untouched since beta, they just don't like to see any other class above them. How do you recognize a lame CW? They start talking bad about TT but they don't say a single word about storm spell which does 40% +/- of their total damage as passive, yeah a class reaaaally hard to master lol.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
    edited December 2014
    It's funny how crappy CWs love to talk even more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the SWs when they have been untouched since beta, they just don't like to see any other class above them. How do you recognize a lame CW? They start talking bad about TT but they don't say a single word about storm spell which does 40% +/- of their total damage as passive, yeah a class reaaaally hard to master lol.

You appear to be grossly uninformed. CW was touched several times, and the reason why storm spell now does 25-35 % of overall damage is because they buffed it in response to nerfing so much else.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's funny how crappy CWs love to talk even more <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> about the SWs when they have been untouched since beta

Nope, cws have changed a lot since beta. Back then it was all about entangling force, shield and arcane singularity to throw like 20 odd mobs off cliffs. Then it was about big hitters like shard and sudden storm. Now its all about dots and procs and. Control has gone from mob judo basically to stunlock. Its really different.
    edited December 2014
    Nope, cws have changed a lot since beta. Back then it was all about entangling force, shield and arcane singularity to throw like 20 odd mobs off cliffs. Then it was about big hitters like shard and sudden storm. Now its all about dots and procs and. Control has gone from mob judo basically to stunlock. Its really different.

What I meant is that they have been always in a very good position, not like the GWF being king for a while then useless i.e
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    edited December 2014
    vvv459 wrote: »
    You appear to be grossly uninformed. CW was touched several times, and the reason why storm spell now does 25-35 % of overall damage is because they buffed it in response to nerfing so much else.

No, you are wrong, I keep checking with ACT everything and it's still around 40%, touched yes, nerfed no.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • discoricediscorice Member Posts: 371 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Y'all are counting out Archery Stormwardens for some reason. The amount of damage a Stormwarden can lay down for sustained dps is... well maybe I shouldn't say. Nevermind. Carry on.
    Fear Of A Disco Planet
    edited December 2014
    What I meant is that they have been always in a very good position, not like the GWF being king for a while then useless i.e

GWF useless? You must be playing it wrong. Get 14k Power and abuse certain feats. *hint: The 3rd feat in sentinel*.
    edited December 2014
    gfalconio wrote: »
    cw or sw, which is best for when you start 60?

I vote for CW also i recomend to at least read 1 time chems guide .
    If you want easy dps then thau dot machine .
    If you want to work for your dps and want to be usefull out of dps too then renegade.
  • thehumancodexthehumancodex Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    (Post Removed)
  • tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    GWF for pvp/pve. Rage above.
  • blazious11blazious11 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    You can do nice damage with all of the classes, (except gf) just forget that paingiver list. The 3rd on that list can be still a huge asset to the team.
    CW and SW is a nobrainer. But TR is veery good now, and you can do a LOT of damage with archery or even trapper HR, just there are not too many good ones out there, because most play combat pvp hr, or just stupid to build a good HR. DC can be good too.
    GWF is still viable, but you should pay a lot for it too catch up with others (highend equipment is needed).
    GF is not dps.

But ALL of them are good for pve (you just have to learn to play them) So, please, just choose wahatever you'd like to play, and HAVE FUN.
    My story is truly a grand tale! Of course, any story about me is going to be grand simply by virtue of the main character.
  • caexarcaexar Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2014

Which was a mistake in my opinion.

As for the OP don't be mislead. Nothing beats the top end Fury SW in damage.
    Threat level 60 Guardian Fighter
    Gloom level 60 Control Wizard
    Dusk level 60 Trickster Rogue
    Dawn level 60 Devoted Cleric
    Eclipse level 60 Hunter Ranger
    Wrath level 60 Great Weapon Fighter
    Jinx level 60 Scourge Warlock
    edited December 2014
    GWF useless? You must be playing it wrong. Get 14k Power and abuse certain feats. *hint: The 3rd feat in sentinel*.

Dude maybe you love to play with stupid broken feats like Intimidation, the tanking tree doing more AoE dmg than the DPS one which is Destroyer, it's just plain stupid to consider that the class is ok atm. I have SW and GWF fully geared with legendary and everything bla bla bla, you will never do with a GWF what you can do with a SW.
    fkze9t.jpg
  • blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    aoe? tr/ cw / sw
    large aoe? cw/sw
    single target/boss? tr
  • tristanusstristanuss Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    i think all classes can do a good DPS. It depends on your building.
    And ppl saying GF cant do dmg, i disagree, i see some GF doing MUCH dmg.

Sorry for bad english :D but my opinion is GWF, CW, HR. That 3, with a good player, high GS, are the bests.

But if i need to choose one, i choose GWF, Vanguardian patch, Destroyer paragon. Good dmg and good defence. Im gwf, 17k gs, and i can pve very well, tank and do dmg, and very well pvp too, i dont die easy, i can kill easy if i catch the guy lol, thats it i love gwf ahahha