test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

White Dragon Winter (NW-DEUHGX6AO)

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
edited December 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
An elderly disciple of Oghma has a list of children that demonstrated great kindness in the past year. Each Midwinter he visits these good children to deliver gifts. This year though, Cultists serving the Great White Dragon Grinchonax stole all the toys.

Can you help him recover the presents before Midwinter?

- Solo friendly
- Story
- Holiday theme
- Optional side quest for farming (non-exploit)

WhiteDragonWinterLow.jpg
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
Post edited by tripsofthrymr on

Comments

• lupusjlupusj Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi,

Nice use of effects in the village, it has a good feel about it. I'd suggest some form of interaction animation for the Glow Wine and the Chestnuts - especially since it's a long duration interaction where you stand doing nothing.

In the tunnel, I got knocked off the 'bridge' where the fireplace is, and was then stuck underneath until I used /killme to get back to the respawn point.

Scenery in the tunnel was very well done.

I'm afraid that I died so many times trying to get past the Ice Trolls that I gave up at this point, though it's just as likely that is because I was playing with my weakest character who is not well kitted out.
  • lupusjlupusj Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Next character through-

Respawn point in the tunnel faces backwards. Since the cave looks similar, I ended up running back to the entrance a number of times on re-spawn.

I got stuck and couldn't find a way through the upper tunnels. I found a faded scroll that I couldn't read and the side-quest farm area, and that's as far as I got.
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Another Christmas quest. I look forward to reviewing this.

RE-POST: I have now reviewed this and since it is a fairly new release, others will soon follow. Being a Christmas themed quest. I have no doubt others will soon play this.

The main review is on the game, however I'd like to point out some interesting elements of this. I will try to keep this short.

For those prospective players and reviewers (and I mean the serious reviewers who actually pay attention to details), I'd recommend you have a look at the village map and how excellently decorated it is. The decorations there are outstanding for a Christmas Foundry. This is what really caught my attention. The story itself was excellent, however, being a Christmas quest, even for an action RPG, you probably wouldn't expect trolls eating limbs off of Cultists. Although the story idea was great, it is a bit dark for a Christmas quest. However this was just a minor setback for me, though the majority of the story was uplifting for a setting of this time of year. The combat was excellent but difficult for my Guardian in the troll area, however this is dependent on the role you play.

I would certainly recommend this and hope this would make a great addition as one of the popular games.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I played with my level 60 DC. I thought this was a fun quest. I agree with earlier reviewers that the tunnels were easy to get lost in. Caves are also pretty drab, any place where you can think to add details that make sense can help. My notes mostly reflect a few detail placement issues. Mostly I was a little confused about my earlier encounter with Jake.

First map:
    -there is a log that is half floating down by the lake
    -the sky effect fades and goes back to the regular Icewind Pass sky if the player runs to far out onto the map. You may want to use some details to wall off the map or some invisible walls if not.

Second Map:
    -I like the quiz from the dragon head
    -one of the boxes of food is floating off the ground in the area with the skeletal frost giant
    -same with the giant rock bowl
    -I’m guessing Jake and the troll negotiator was an easter egg? It seemed odd that the trolls were attacking on the troll negotiator (especially considering one with the same name was attacking me). Is there supposed to be something else going on there?

Third Map:
    -you may need to put a placeholder dialogue in with Luminus before the NPC vanishes and is replaced by an encounter. I couldn’t read the last part of his dialogue. I normally just have a dialogue that says Continue.
    -I’m a little confused by the story now. Luminus says these are old troll tunnels and the cultists just hid in them. So why was the guardian statue there? Also, the wounded cultist I helped said they were unused cult tunnels?
    -so now I need to find Jake but I already saw him on the earlier map?

Fourth Map:
    -I really like the creative way you made the sleigh; that is great!
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ