What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Brightstone Explorers' Guild

2»

Comments

• klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Congrats on getting featured again!

Yeah, congrats on getting featured again=)
  • nethe85nethe85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Congrats on getting featured!

I have a problem with the Third Act, The Dig.

At the end of the cave, when I have to "Speak with the Source of the Voice", I don't find anyone to speak with.. On the map I see e dialogue marker (Ghostly Guardian).. But I don't see him.

I had already done twice this quest but I can't do anything to go on.. It's a bug maiby?
  • lanilanilanilanilanilani Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    **Small Spoiler**

I'm new to NW and have been enjoying the Foundry content even better than the standard stuff.

I ran Chapters 1 and 2 this weekend. I just wanted to stop in and say that I am loving the story!

"Just give me the **** chicken quest." I laughed my butt off!

I look forward to exploring the rest of the chapters. Great job!
  • dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    nethe85 wrote: »
    Congrats on getting featured!

I have a problem with the Third Act, The Dig.

At the end of the cave, when I have to "Speak with the Source of the Voice", I don't find anyone to speak with.. On the map I see e dialogue marker (Ghostly Guardian).. But I don't see him.

I had already done twice this quest but I can't do anything to go on.. It's a bug maiby?
    When the Foundry comes back up, I'll check it out.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • davosomdavosom Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dtz wrote: »
    When the Foundry comes back up, I'll check it out.

I am doing the quest right now as we speak and as it would appear he has spawned on the archway above where i assume he should be
    edited May 2014
    Well, that's annoying. But, fortunately, easily corrected. I've just published a fix for it, and I'll probably go through tonight and make sure there aren't any other bugs in my quests.

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • davosomdavosom Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I really like the quest line you've made so I'll report anything else i may see along the way, really good atmosphere and story quality edit*throughout i should say.
  • lanilanilanilanilanilani Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Third Act, The Dig

Two items.

Spelling error on the examination of the first statue. The "not lolth" statue. "Wrcking" = wracking

Second, I am in the tablet room. (As I type this) I defeated the first Guardian and entered the second area. There are three more mobs behind a blue shield that I cannot pass. The quest step says "Defeat the Guardian" but there is no one to fight.

I'll keep poking around and if I find something I will post back.

Edit: No luck finding a way around. Enjoying your story! I'll start again tomorrow and see what happens, I am out of time tonight.
    edited May 2014
    Urgh. Thought I fixed that along with the NPC. Turns out I had to reset the mobs' positions entirely, though (the mobs you're supposed to fight to clear the barrier were spawning under the floor). Anyway, I've done a full playthrough and verified that it's possible to complete the quest (and I'm glad I did, because I found another progress blocker due to a component whose position had been moved), and the new version has been published.

• nethe85nethe85 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thank you!
  • emeraldfox12emeraldfox12 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I gotta say very well done with this campagin. Quests are enjoyable as well as the story lines. Keep up the good work
    edited May 2014
    Just wanted to thank everyone who made this possible:
    http://i.imgur.com/EI4QEee.jpg

Also, minor update to Chapter III to move the campfire to a more midway point.

edited June 2014
    So I haven't done much work on Chapter VI since M3 came out, because I've been too busy... Well, playing M3. And so I spent several weeks mostly just poking at it and doing little bits here and there. Tonight, however, I finally sat down and forced myself to finish it (or at least, make it playable).

So, without further ado, the beta version of Chapter VI: Vengeance! NW-DH9X8F2EL

edited June 2014
    Just re-published Chapter VI, after realizing I'd left one of the start locations in a debug position that made it impossible to complete the map (how one person managed to do so and review it is beyond me).

I also republished Chapter III, again, because the enemies at the very end managed to get out of position and spawn on top of the room. AGAIN.

edited July 2014
    After much tweaking, I've just re-published Chapter VI and am declaring it out of beta:

S46G5EH.jpg
    Name: Brightstone VI: Vengeance
    Author: @Dark_T_Zeratul
    Short Code: NW-DH9X8F2EL

edited August 2014
    I wanted to share a preview of what I'm working on for the Cult of the Dragon contest:
    f5zHyYo.jpg

It's not strictly part of the quest series, but it does tie in a bit. Think of it as a side story.

edited August 2014
    I've published a rough version of my Cult of the Dragon contest quest: NW-DA9IKSMJW

Most non-objective-related encounters have not been placed, and it is not currently possible to claim the rewards chest, but if you play through it and mail me feedback then I will do the same for a Foundry quest of your own.

edited August 2014
    The full version of my contest entry, "Black Ice and Plaguefire," is now up!

edited August 2014
    CLODTH7.jpg

So in the spirit of the competition, I've added references to a couple of the other contest entries that I particularly liked. I'm curious to see if anyone picks up on them (and I may end up adding more before the contest period is over).

edited August 2014
    If you're a fan of the lore, and have played some of the better contest entries, I encourage you to replay Black Ice and Plaguefire when it's featured for the contest. I've been adding little bits of stuff here and there to tie it in with other things.

edited September 2014
    Just hit Foundry Rank 8! I have a bear now. Rawr.

Rank 9's gonna take a good, long time, though.

edited October 2014
    Looks like it's my turn to be featured for the contest this week!

edited December 2014
    Look at that, Chapter III is featured this week.

• idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    basilisque wrote: »
    Alright, I've played through this and I've got some feedback to give.
    First off, I'd like to say that despite the fact that consistent content production is generally a good thing, I don't think that pumping out a new quest every week is in any way a good idea. At the very least not when you're doing quests of this length.
    Take some more time to test, design and improve your quest rather than trying to focus on getting a new one out.

Now, as far as the quest in question (heh) goes, the first thing I'll comment on is the environments. They generally seem pretty bland, especially the village which quite seriously appears to be just a bunch of houses slammed down next to a road. There's next to no signs of habitation, and... I know it's plague ridden, but the only living thing we see is the guard. Additionally there's no real surroundings either, and you definitely don't get the feeling that the village is located in the mountains. I could just get on my horse and ride up the small slopes surrounding it, allowing me to see the empty green void surrounding the whole thing. You seriously need to look into adding more detail to your maps.
    I will say, however, that the transition between map types was very nice.

As far as the dialogue goes... Well, it's generally pretty good! I didn't expect to find myself saying this, but the dialogue pretty much carries this quest. It's no literary masterpiece, but it does what it's supposed to do without feeling like too much or too little.
    In addition the characters are actually pretty well characterized. Heck, I honestly think it's a shame that the quest doesn't revolve primarily around working with the kobold tribe.

The combat is... well, average. It's a bit repetitive, and apart from that one time where I aggroed a whole room full of mobs and once and had to use my artifact it wasn't really all that challenging. But there was variation and it wasn't a complete walkover, so it gets a passing grade. Funnily enough the easiest part was the bosses, but then again I'm rolling with a dire wolf so that isn't very surprising.

Final Score: 3/5. This quest has a lot of room for improvement, but it is generally solid and if you work on making your maps more appealing then this could easily reach a solid 4/5.

Cheers, and best of luck!
    -Basilisque

Good to finally see reviewers who actually know what they're talking about. It's this kind of thing that actually helps authors and developers know their foundry's positive and negative area's.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
    edited April 2019
    With the Foundry's demise, I'm archiving my quests via Youtube. I've only got three uploaded so far (though the rest have already been captured via FRAPS), but the playlist is here:
    Post edited by dtz on

The entire campaign is now archived on Youtube. Regrettably I never did go back and finish the final quest, but I did do a video run through of the partial maps I'd completed and will, at some point, add some text explaining what my plan was and upload that as well.