test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tenebrous CW

beatannierbeatannier Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 692 Arc User
edited December 2014 in The Library
Icon_Inventory_Enchantment_Brilliantinsignia_T9_01.png?version=3a39ba88936f8e1273a809b232f303e0
Tenebrous CW

Yesterday, I found an interesting meta: Tenebrous CW
Below SS of CW I met in Well of the Dragons, changing his Cloack.

attachment.php?attachmentid=24311&stc=1&d=1417261282

Every offense slots was filled with Greater Tenebrous Enchantment.
Have you ever met that? What do you think about it?

It looks amazing :cool:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

  • Options
    jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I can credit this build to one guy in recent mods. BizarreOldMan was the first to run this setup. Now I am seeing lots of other CWs following suit in PvP
  • Options
    helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    He's getting like 11k off all the tene's procing at once but probably way lower given his lowish arp. Guess he's counting on the overload alwyas being up when he needs it. I guess its a way to go. A guy in another thread said the icd is about 6 seconds.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    We could see a revival of Tene in PVP because the HP pools are getting larger and larger and more slots are added with Artifact and the new Gemmed stuff.

    So Tene + HP might already be better than stacking Power.
  • Options
    dante126pldante126pl Banned Users Posts: 257 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    We could see a revival of Tene in PVP because the HP pools are getting larger and larger and more slots are added with Artifact and the new Gemmed stuff.

    So Tene + HP might already be better than stacking Power.

    well tene dmg is based on ur current hp so you ill benefit from them if u start ur CC rotation 1st with full hp and the icd is something between 10-20 seconds
  • Options
    jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Its probably the worst setup in pvp history. Tenes has a GLOBAL cooldown of 1 minute or something, its absolutely horrible icd. And they all procc at the same time. So unless you oneshot your target you are running arround with 3/4k power like a pug for most of the match.

    Also a 4k power cw will never in his life burst down a DC mod5. And hardly anyone in that DCs party either.

    Its a good idea and all especially since players can achieve 50k+ hp, but its a waste of power stats
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    no, the icd is way too large for it to be good.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I would think burst is actually higher than +power, no? Sustained should be pretty bad though.

    And since PVP nowadays is reverting back to those one-shot rotations...
  • Options
    smulchsmulch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 625 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    loboguild wrote: »
    I would think burst is actually higher than +power, no? Sustained should be pretty bad though.

    And since PVP nowadays is reverting back to those one-shot rotations...

    Burst is one thing.

    Being able to burst only once every minute is another.
  • Options
    jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Tenebrous are viable endgame pvp. Up there with most other builds in the right players hands and with the right boons/build.
  • Options
    jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Tenebrous are viable endgame pvp. Up there with most other builds in the right players hands and with the right boons/build.

    As a CW your job should usually be bursting down a DC. With tenes you cant do that, if you say you can, pls show a video against a top dc.

    Also, as a CW you are usually the first or second to be focused next to the DC. And tenes procc of your actual HP and not your max HP. I mean its really terrible. To kill a DC or anyone in a DCs party, you need high burst and tenes dont even crit.
  • Options
    zaikoshenzaikoshen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Yay! my cw! xD

    Actually the first guy is right, BizarreOldMan with with his wizard (Goddes Of Lust) give me the idea to use tenebrous because i like to do "tank" builds for cw, yea i can kill DCs without Eye of the Storm because of this new renegade burst damage build, only chilling presence and storm spell sloted, even the top DC's, of course I cant do the video on respect of image with the top dcs on game.

    And about armor pen, we have corrupt black ice enchants on overload or the red dragon glyphs to give the necessary cap to hit and do the tenebrous hurt.

    Actually this build work pretty fine Without Eye Of the Storm because i dont need wait the cooldown to crit my hits, and with my lathander cloak ive got a good power to do a good Base dmg and... 40% of dmg resist with 50k of HP(without companions)

    If anyone want talk about more builds(or this one) add me in-game :)

    @zaikoshen
    vP2Jm4O.png

    <Absolute>
  • Options
    jeffmwillsonjeffmwillson Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jumboyet wrote: »
    As a CW your job should usually be bursting down a DC. With tenes you cant do that, if you say you can, pls show a video against a top dc.

    Also, as a CW you are usually the first or second to be focused next to the DC. And tenes procc of your actual HP and not your max HP. I mean its really terrible. To kill a DC or anyone in a DCs party, you need high burst and tenes dont even crit.

    I sure can burst down a DC.. in any tree.. oppressor, thaum, or rene... Ive ran all three trees mod5.. I run tenebrous... I don't need to provide a video.. if you don't believe me its no skin off my back.. don't use tenebrous.. play your own 'better' build... but coming on here and saying another build can not possibly do something it can do.. what ever floats your boat I guess... to each their own...
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    zaikoshen wrote: »
    Yay! my cw! xD

    Actually the first guy is right, BizarreOldMan with with his wizard (Goddes Of Lust) give me the idea to use tenebrous because i like to do "tank" builds for cw, yea i can kill DCs without Eye of the Storm because of this new renegade burst damage build, only chilling presence and storm spell sloted, even the top DC's, of course I cant do the video on respect of image with the top dcs on game.

    And about armor pen, we have corrupt black ice enchants on overload or the red dragon glyphs to give the necessary cap to hit and do the tenebrous hurt.

    Actually this build work pretty fine Without Eye Of the Storm because i dont need wait the cooldown to crit my hits, and with my lathander cloak ive got a good power to do a good Base dmg and... 40% of dmg resist with 50k of HP(without companions)

    If anyone want talk about more builds(or this one) add me in-game :)

    @zaikoshen

    And what skills do you slot to kill top DCs? Does the 6% extra DPS from chilling prescence really help a lot more than EOTS?
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    I sure can burst down a DC.. in any tree.. oppressor, thaum, or rene... Ive ran all three trees mod5.. I run tenebrous... I don't need to provide a video.. if you don't believe me its no skin off my back.. don't use tenebrous.. play your own 'better' build... but coming on here and saying another build can not possibly do something it can do.. what ever floats your boat I guess... to each their own...

    I'm more open to this idea. How does the tenebrous build help you burst DCs down and what skills do you use?
  • Options
    zaikoshenzaikoshen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    before criticizing, look for analyzing.

    Chilling presence now DUPLICATE the damage on frozen targets, with the renegade buff and more 10% crit chance of the renegade feat Chilling Advantage its so easy do high crits and close to hit kills, its a situation of a good administration of your rotation.
    vP2Jm4O.png

    <Absolute>
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    zaikoshen wrote: »
    before criticizing, look for analyzing.

    Chilling presence now DUPLICATE the damage on frozen targets, with the renegade buff and more 10% crit chance of the renegade feat Chilling Advantage its so easy do high crits and close to hit kills, its a situation of a good administration of your rotation.

    Well I'm not criticizing. I'm legitimately interested in the benefits of switching over because of what you and jeffmwilson said. I think it is effectively a 6% dps increase in most cases and a 12% dps increase for a few seconds when the target is completely frozen.

    Is the 10% crit chance working at the moment by the way?
  • Options
    jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    Definitely interesting.

    I have run into Zaikoshen, and that CW is no joke. He hits like a truck. If tene's are what he is using, it is completely viable.
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
  • Options
    zaikoshenzaikoshen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Well I'm not criticizing. I'm legitimately interested in the benefits of switching over because of what you and jeffmwilson said. I think it is effectively a 6% dps increase in most cases and a 12% dps increase for a few seconds when the target is completely frozen.

    Is the 10% crit chance working at the moment by the way?

    Sorry for the wrong interpretation, but yes, renegade is pretty good now, even for your party.
    If u have a opressor cw on your side you become a dps machine(synergy with builds)
    On pve you proc the buffs everytime and its possible get 100% crit chance without eye of the storm.
    On pvp you got arround 50%~60% of crit chance and yes, you crit everytime.
    vP2Jm4O.png

    <Absolute>
  • Options
    zaikoshenzaikoshen Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    jeffro9000 wrote: »
    Definitely interesting.

    I have run into Zaikoshen, and that CW is no joke. He hits like a truck. If tene's are what he is using, it is completely viable.

    Hahahaha thanks bro.
    vP2Jm4O.png

    <Absolute>
Sign In or Register to comment.