Install Arc
Options

GF Class Advocate Feedback

Comments

• Options
    damnaciousdamnacious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    BUGS:
    • The Knight’s Valor Damage Resistance buff doesn't show on the Character Page.

SUGGESTIONS:
    • I feel is a lack of responsiveness in tab-marking. It takes long enough to activate that I often find myself cancelling my own efforts to mark by taking another action, which means that what I want to do is mark then attack, but I end up only attacking. I don't know if it would be improved by making it a queue-able action, or if that can even be done.
    • Reckless Attacker needs, at least, a 5% increase to Crit.
    • Guarded Assault is weak and needs to be improved.
    • Increase Deflect Chance by 10-20%.
    • At-Will Powers require significant buffs to their damage.
    • Griffon’s Wrath requires a rework to be effective. Currently it can be easily dodged and Deflected and with the cool-downs and limited charges, it remains an unattractive Power to use in PVP.
    • GF healing from Powers and Feats requires a 300-400% increase.
    • Buff Tactician. Give it a 500% increase in AP because right now, it is a joke.
    • Give Anvil of Doom that stun of one second.
    • Make our Prone feats work for Stuns.
    • Give Frontline Surge it's Prone back.

COMMENTS:
    • The reason why people think they can tank and they don't need a GF is a lot more down to game mechanics and content not yet being good enough to require such roles and team work to do well, however it is getting better so will keep hoping.
    • Trample the Fallen is rather pointless to use since CC doesn’t last long.

PREVIEW
    BUGS:
    • The GF's Drow Preserver Armor has the stats of the current Profound.
    • A DC’s Sunburst goes through Block and CC Immunity.

SUGGESTIONS:
    • Drow PVP Sets
      • GFs have issues with stacking Defense well into very strong diminishing returns. It would be nice if the GF PvP set bonus was changed into +2,450 Hit Points instead. Or something else, like Control Resist or even Deflection.
      • There are no set pieces which offer Armor Penetration, or a few other stats like Critical Hit. It seems you can mix and match sets to get a better overall stat profile, but some vital stats, Armor Penetration being chief, are still not available on the GF PvP set pieces.
    COMMENTS:
    • GFs are commonly ranked as being amongst the worst, or least powerful, class in PVP by players.
    • High end PVP is so unbelievably broken for a GF. We have no place with our only good quality being easily removed by powers such as Sunburst. If you want to be viable, you must stand off the point away from the DC and hold shift the entire match to keep your team alive. If that is your cup of tea, mod 5 GF is for you.
    • I love the class, but nerfing Supremacy of Steel, and nerfing Knight’s Valor to the ground, EXCEPT against a CW who just used an oppressive force while you have guarded assault up and blocking, was just too much. Our class is really just back in mod 1, while every other class is leagues above us. Take it from me that I have tried every set up, every path, and we fall short.
    • In terms of 1vs1, the GF doesn't stand a chance against HR/TRs as they now both do high damage and have piercing damage. While dealing high amounts of damage, these classes have plenty of ways of dodging and surviving a fight and it's pretty hard to hit them or even complete just one rotation on something that 90% of the time you can't even see and / or have the chance to hit.

LINKS:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?790241-GF-Drow-Preserver-Wrong-Tenacity
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?772161-GF-Class-Advocate-Feedback
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?788761-Drow-PvP-Equipment&p=9428361&viewfull=1#post9428361
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?789631-Callint-out-PVP-experts-can-you-come-ITT-and
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?788821-What-to-expect-in-pvp-come-mod-5
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?788601-Knights-Valor-requests-in-PVE
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?790121-Trample-the-Fallen
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    damnacious wrote: »
    What i'm trying to highlight is that simply posting a video in that manner as 'feedback' isn't necessarily as constructive as it could be.

Consider it this way:
    1. What gear was the GF using?
    2. What gear was the TR using?
    3. What builds were each using?
    4. What Powers was the TR using?
    5. What damage did the TR do: Raw, after mitigation, after Blocking?
    6. Is the damage unreasonable, odd or working as intended?

As to directly responding to your statements...I could post a video of a level 60 GF in BiS gear fighting a TR in level 10 gear and use it to demonstrate that GF are 'OP'. Similarly, i could post a video of a level 60 TR geared in Uncommon equipment and no enchants kill a BiS GF in the same time because the GF isn't Blocking any of the TRs big hits.

Simply posting a video without having available any other data does not really help all that much, particularly as there are a few 'bugs' already known about certain TR builds at present and if this was one of those types of TRs then it wouldn't necessarily be entirely relevant feedback then would it?

i know, but for such detailed feedback without being organised it will not happen...
    thats the job of NW testers,if there are any.

and to respond back at your staetment adressed to my statement i will say this
    those 2 persons in the clip weren't faking it.
  • Options
    cxyencxyen Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I agree with the suggestions abt the HP bonus rather than defense. Especially with not having any ArPen stats.

I think they need to buff the Tactician tree and made SoS being able to get Action Point again.

Trample is quite a mean joke. esp considering the upcoming drow sets with loads of tenacity. add that with the pvp rank 13 achievement ring.... :p

and buffing GF's prone feats are kinda nice too.

How abt a new feature skill or rework Trample to add longer CC. or a new switchable tab mechanic to increase cc duration.

P/S: thank you for noticing my post regarding the drow armor preserver. :o
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There are a few posts on the last page of the artifact weapon official feedback thread that relates in detail to the bonuses on new GF gear.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    There are a few posts on the last page of the artifact weapon official feedback thread that relates in detail to the bonuses on new GF gear.

Thanks for drawing my attention to it!

My sincere apologies guys but i completely missed it. :(

I'll definitely ensure it is included in the report next week!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    cxyen wrote: »
    P/S: thank you for noticing my post regarding the drow armor preserver. :o

Lol Entirely my pleasure buddy! That's what my role is! I could only put one of your two posts in though but they were about the same topic so i just stuck with one. ;)

If you provide the feedback i'll always do my best to ensure it is included!
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Spec: All
    I'm loving the doubled increase in Deflection Chance gained from Dexterity! This goes a long way towards increasing the survivability of GFs! I'm not sure if it's a bug or WAI but it is definitely what the GF needs.
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Spec: All
    I'm loving the doubled increase in Deflection Chance gained from Dexterity! This goes a long way towards increasing the survivability of GFs! I'm not sure if it's a bug or WAI but it is definitely what the GF needs.

All the classes got it.the question is they got the classes that already had dex giving them deflect bonus or all classes in general,regardless of their dex fanction?
    In any case i think it is a bug.

If they are going to remove it we must note to the devs that GF needs that boost.We do not have easy ways to aquire deflect as other classes do.And with so much cc in battlefield(Saboteur TR is the latest installment) we need it desperately,to even have a chance to fight back.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Hi guys and gals!

I'm not sure whether to keep collating and submitting feedback now that Mod5 has released, yet I have not heard anything with regards to the role of GF Class Advocate, whether it is in relation to a cessation of the role and / or if / when a new GF Class Advocate will be selected.

I hope you all don't mind, yet I can't just simply sit idly by and not do what I can while I can for our class.

I believe we NEED our feedback to be considered and taken seriously and I'll do what I reasonably can to assist.

So... this is what I have submitted for this week. ;)

BUGS:
    • Hunter Ranger’s Careful Attack: hits 3-4 times per tick with a DOT enchantment such as Plague Fire or Flaming, resulting in x4 more DPS than intended. On a GF this attack deals another 4x more damage when Knight's Valor is on.
    • GF Artifact Off-hands: the AC goes from 8 when Uncommon and then is reduced to when upgraded to Rare.
    • Golden Dragon Shield: is missing its inherent Defense. It should have 300ish more Defense at all ranks.
    • Knight’s Valor: will place the GF in a repetitive and continuous casting animation and the Power cannot be toggled off while in this state except by replacing the Power with another. This may be due to the use of some Swordmaster Class Features.

SUGGESTIONS:
    • Shielded Resurgence: In comparison with other classes this feat needs at least a 5 fold increase in the amount of HP every 30 seconds. In PVP, all other classes, through Lifesteal and other abilities, heal for considerably more than that.
    • Vanguard of the Golden Dragon: Giving a utility At-Will a damage increase is rather uninspired. It's clear the power is all about Marks/gap closing so a higher target cap or greater area of effect or greater rush distance would be the way to go here.
    • GF Artifact Weapons: 60% of the available items are not providing full benefits when your Guard is up. While the utility of the Cleave weapon justifies the choice to not put a blocking At-Will effect on it, the uninspired straight damage buff from the new paragon weapons does not. I like the suggestions for giving Threatening Rush more utility (range increase), but would like to see Weapon Master also applying to Aggravating Strike, and Threatening Rush also to Shield Slam if nothing else can be done.
    • Golden Dragon Swordmaster & Vanguard of the Golden Dragon: Using the same names for the new Great Weapon Fighter and Guardian Fighter artifact weapons is annoying. Fewer ambiguous names, please.
    • GFs need an increase to the Tactician tree and make Supremacy of Steel able to get Action Points again.
    • Weapon Master: Feat needs to be increased to 2/4/6% or 3/6/9% to give Conqueror GFs a real shot at being a good damager as this path is supposed to be the more ‘DPS’ tree for the GF.
    • Tactical superiority: Feat needs to be increased to give 1/2/3/4/5%.
    • Pin Down: If the 40% reduction applies to this feat, then .3 seconds is USELESS. This feat should be changed to affect both Prones AND Stuns and the duration should be a .5 full seconds with no reduction based on previous patches.
    • Grit: This Feat should be increased to 4/6/8% and be reduced to 20 seconds to give the GF some of the incoming Hit Points that is on par with that of the other classes. The cool-down also needs to be changed to 20 seconds

COMMENTS:
    • Take care with GF's as, with no changes coming for the class, this put GFs at risk of becoming useless again.
    • The GF is fine; it's the rest who are getting out of bounds.
    • I really like the Scorpion fight in Epic Lair of Lostmauth on my GF, it's fun and exciting!
    • The only way a GF tanks more than a similar GWF is by running Knight’s Valor and at the same time a GWF also does his fair share of DPS.
    • GFs are very far from useless and are actually useful in PVE now unlike past Mods and in a decent place for PVP but we do require many fixes. PVE is just boring. The only real way a GF is good for PVE is by being a buff bot and that isn't a fun way to play. When tested in 1v1s and in PVP all these bugs are annoying as hell. It is beyond belief they weren’t fixed in a whole Mod. Playing a GF requires a lot of skill but also now requires a huge amount of luck because if one of these glitches happens then your chances of dying have significantly increased.
    • The PVE GF is actually a lot of fun. Lifesteal works really well because you can return a little bit of damage without Tenacity reducing it, as is the case in PVP.
    • Of course, any high damaging class can carry any party composition in any dungeon. CW/SW/GWF can all easily carry as well if not better, honestly, than a GF can.
    • GF has no chance 1x1 versus a TR/HR – The HR has been over-powered ever since it was introduced and TRs have now been made over-powered in Mod 5
    • As a Feat, the usefulness of Trample the Fallen is quite a mean joke.
    • Deflection Bonus from Dexterity: I love the doubled increase in Deflection Chance gained from Dexterity! This goes a long way towards increasing the survivability of GFs! I'm not sure if it's a bug or WAI but it is definitely what the GF needs.

LINKS:
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?777511-Official-Feedback-Thread-Artifact-Equipment
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?788821-What-to-expect-in-pvp-come-mod-5
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?772161-GF-Class-Advocate-Feedback
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?791321-Guardian-Fighter-Heroic-Feat-Weapon-Master-PVP
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?791281-Guardian-Fighter-Heroic-Feat-Pin-Down
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?791251-Guardian-Fighter-Heroic-Feat-Grit-PVP
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?791231-Guardian-Fighter-Heroic-Feat-Shielded-Resurgence-PVP
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?791441-It-s-just-me-or-GF-is-really-left-out
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?773431-Official-Feedback-Thread-Other-Balance-Changes
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?788601-Knights-Valor-requests-in-PVE
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    [*]Knight’s Valor: will place the GF in a repetitive and continuous casting animation and the Power cannot be toggled off while in this state except by replacing the Power with another. This may be due to the use of some Swordmaster Class Features.

I have this bug a few times. I'm a Iron Vanguard though. tried reporting it once during mod 4. didnt get a response. might be because of insufficient details since I don't even know what happened and how the bug occurred.
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    cxyen wrote: »
    I have this bug a few times. I'm a Iron Vanguard though. tried reporting it once during mod 4. didnt get a response. might be because of insufficient details since I don't even know what happened and how the bug occurred.

Interesting. Do you use the Sharandar Boon "Fey Thistle"?

Do you still experience this bug?
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    Interesting. Do you use the Sharandar Boon "Fey Thistle"?

Do you still experience this bug?

yup. just had this today. few hours ago during HE farming in WoD. I don't hv 5th boon Sharandar yet.
  • Options
    juanlu311juanlu311 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Our class feature skill the mark it just sucks really bad. Is slow, is useless in PvP almost useless in pve, has no synergy with any othe skill etc,etc. I have played all other classes and the GF Tab skill is the worst by far it just doesn't have any sense to have that skill just to gain agro, we have passives, encounters and at-wils that do the same and better. The DR that the mark does also useless, we have At-wils, feats and weapon enchants to do the same. What we dont have are skills to break control effects (every other tank class in mmorpg has), a skill to sprint and get close to the target, or something do do more damage.
    Suggestion
    1) Put a skill to break control effects in tab( 2 min CD or so...)
    2) Make knights challenge the class feature. The ability to force our foes in a 1vs1 duel with increased damage for both. The skill of a true knight, nerf the bonus dammage if you like but take out the CD. Lots of fun guaranteed in pvp.
    3) Give us a sprint skill like GWF
    4) Maje KV the class feature. We all know devs want a big fat hit point/defense meat ball with no dps that sucks in all the agro and dammage so at least give us a class feature that is actually usefull.
    5) Be creative and make something better than all of the above but get rid of the **** mark.

Please excuse mi bad english
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    juanlu311 wrote: »
    Our class feature skill the mark it just sucks really bad. Is slow, is useless in PvP almost useless in pve, has no synergy with any othe skill etc,etc. I have played all other classes and the GF Tab skill is the worst by far it just doesn't have any sense to have that skill just to gain agro, we have passives, encounters and at-wils that do the same and better. The DR that the mark does also useless, we have At-wils, feats and weapon enchants to do the same. What we dont have are skills to break control effects (every other tank class in mmorpg has), a skill to sprint and get close to the target, or something do do more damage.
    Suggestion
    2) Make knights challenge the class feature. The ability to force our foes in a 1vs1 duel with increased damage for both. The skill of a true knight, nerf the bonus dammage if you like but take out the CD. Lots of fun guaranteed in pvp.
    4) Maje KV the class feature. We all know devs want a big fat hit point/defense meat ball with no dps that sucks in all the agro and dammage so at least give us a class feature that is actually usefull.
    5) Be creative and make something better than all of the above but get rid of the **** mark.

If im not mistaken, Swordmaster has a feat to reduce cc. I could be wrong though.

I kinda like mark atm. and I like to spam my tab. I think theres artifact offhand features that reduces more dmg resistance from Mark.
    I just think tab is a good way to increase dmg on a target.

You want sprint? Use Into the Fray. Thats the only sprint GF ever gonna get. Devs wont gives sprint to a class that can easily turtle themselves to safety. thats just me though.
  • Options
    aethanasaethanas Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Suggestion

I do not know what game you are playing but certainly not Neverwinter. I do not think exaggerating or lying or wishing for world dominance is going to help us here.
  • Options
    juanlu311juanlu311 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    aethanas wrote: »
    I do not know what game you are playing but certainly not Neverwinter. I do not think exaggerating or lying or wishing for world dominance is going to help us here.

Been playing Neverwinter since month 4 of is release. I don't think im exaggerating and certainly im not lying, actually i wasn't stating any facts just mi opinion. I want a Class feature thats is actually useful specially in PVP.
    I invite anyone ho disagrees to do a little experiment. Play 2 or 3 level 60 PVP matches with every class without using tab a single time. Im betting the result would be you are going to feel really crippled and die a lot with all classes except GF and that's because the mark is garbage in PVP.
    In PVE the mark sems lame to me compared with other class features, specially since the damage resistance reduction goes to allies (allies ho sometimes dont even are in mi party XD). So wen im trying to get as most damage possible in one of the dragons heralds in the well of dragons and i use tab to get a bonus im actually also helping the other guys to do more damage lol. Does GWF helps me in any way wen he uses unstoppable?
  • Options
    qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Your comments are strange though because tab is a really strong 1v1 ability. It gives you combat advantage for 15% to more extra damage depending on chr and a 20% reduction to target DR netting you easily more than 35% extra damage and it stacks with KC (which is also aprt of why KC is so dangerous it has these multipliers implied by the tab we use). In addition to that in PvE it is spammable low cool down ability.

Once you focused in on 1v1 my brain got confused. I just couldn't understand how you would so glibby dismiss the 15% CA and 20% reduction to DR in that scenario.

On the flip side KC can be a very bad PvE ability because of the fact that it lowers damage against non-challenged foes. If it was just a matter of taking more damage KC would be used a lot more in PvE, but the moment you would have damaged more than 1 thing you basically washed out the KC advantage and all you are doing is wasting an encounter spot (and now apparently a tab).

I am not even sure KC is better than our tab in PvE when you break it down to a choice between one or the other. The tab is 15% CA and 20% reduction to DR for a single target for as long as you want for as much as you want with no loss to you. KC is +100% damage to 1 target, -50% damage to every other target, and +100% damage onto you from that target, and it isn't always up. It is that -50% and that not always up that dims the comparison a lot in pure value.

I know what I would choose.... you are telling me I would chose KC, and I am telling you no frackin way if I had the choice. You could stand us in a line right now and say you GFs are permanently going to lose KC and keep your current tab, and you other GFs are permanently going to lose your tab and replace it with KC, and I know what line I would be in and it isn't your line for sure. You are way under valueing our tab.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited November 2014

1) We have a CC immunity that is much better, villian's menace, which rather than a 2min downtime has around a 50% uptime forme.
    2) There are many valid builds that do not rely on KC, Actually in 90% of the content KC is useless because you are fighting mobs.
    3) Hmmm,me likey. But on the other hand I remember the ROFLPwn I got away with with sprint and infinite TR on my Mod3 GWF. Might break things in PVP. Might not as GF DPs is not GWF DPS.
    4) KV is not always a good idea. Many builds do not use KV for the majority of content. I could care less what the devs want. Static tanking is what makes tanks boring in most MMORPGs the fact that I am not stuck in that meta is what makes me love playing my GF.
    5) Not sure. Granted GF has the weakest TAB ability in the game. Honestly I would not be opposed to switching to the TAB mechanic most classes have where you get an extra encounter with a stronger effect. Then a reflect build could go with an upgraded KV a single-target could have a stronger KC, old-fashioned Conq mon brawlers could get a better ET. I get some utility out of the strong mark but I could likely work something out under this mechanic. It is a little generic but it would make GF builds more customizeable and adaptable and that's probably a good thing. Besides, 4 encounters. Mmmmmm dohgnuts......
  • Options
    edited November 2014
    The only powers I do not agree with are certainly Enhanced Mark and Iron Warrior; if I am not mistaken every class gets something useful out of their powers which is usable in PvP and PvE, but these powers are only useful in PvE and there only to enhance the ability to taunt from afar or to help with too low gear compared to the other members of a party.

They are so less desirable in comparison to other powers that it would be nice to have an enhancement which would make these powers more useful overall apart from Threat as Threat should come naturally to the Guardian Fighter class on top of some powers.

At least as long as Threat is not also useful in PvP or besides pulling enemies because Threat is only a means to overcome the lack of damage for the tanking class to be able to fulfil its role in a party.

I thought of something like:
    Giving a Threat generating bonus to Shield Talent making it a passive for players who want to tank in PvE while being useful in PvP.

Changing Enhanced Mark so that it gives (for the Guardian Fighter or for all) 10% more damage, 5% more chance to crit and 5% more chance to deflect or 5% more damage resistance; and the Mark Focus becomes a hard taunt besides the actual Threat bonus to Mark. (It would make Mark more beneficial and still have uses in PvP.)

Changing Iron Warrior so that it gives all the present buffs besides one of the two: giving its buff some kind of control immunity or changing it to a control breaking ability. (Would be useful in PvE and PvP but still have enough downsides to prevent it from being a game breaker)
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hi guys!

It is with great sadness that I report to you all my experiences so far as your Class Advocate.

For a number of weeks now I've made numerous attempts and requests to determine what is happening with the Class Advocate role given that Mod 5 has launched.
    akromatik wrote: »
    Once I've selected a candidate, this candidate will remain "in-office" until the next module's launch. For example, the candidate I choose now will remain until Module 5's launch (whenever that may be).
    I have not received a response.

There are numerous issues that need to be resolved with our class and, especially given the extraordinary number and importance of these (including bugs), there has been no response.

Despite some caring and concerned players making the effort to pose questions that could be answered, there has been no response to these either.

What I see as happening with our class is that it is, for lack of any indication to the contrary, being ignored.

It really frustrates and distresses me to have dedicated my time to 'assist' in having our class improved so that it is enjoyable to play just to have that effort ignored. My time is valuable and I certainly do not like the feeling that it has been squandered. This is particularly the case when you consider that I usually charge my clients $450/hr for my time and I have usually contributed at least one hour (most often 3) every week towards this role.

I feel let down. I am extremely disappointed.

Let me be very clear - these feelings and perspective of mine are not directed at my fellow players. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you that have taken the time and made the effort to help me help our class. Thank you!

My perspective on the situation so far is that it is extremely unprofessional and rather pathetically sad. I cannot think of a single business that could ever exercise such disregard for their clients when their clients are providing them with free feedback and services, nor can I entertain the view that this type of conduct has a place in any effective and successful business model.

What would be a positive, productive, effective and efficient resolution would be to have some official responses to my private messages, questions posed by consumers and the plethora of issues raised thus far.

Efficient, effective and clear communication would resolve a lot of issues.

I do not think that this is an unreasonable, illogical, negative, inefficient or ineffective expectation to have, especially considering the very small amount of time and effort it should take to do so. In my experience, it generally takes approximately two minutes to send an email / mail or post a short response.

I had been working on a detailed list and summary of what our class needs going into the future, yet I see no reason to bother at this time as the responses so far indicate that it will simply be ignored and a further waste of my time and, for my fellow players, yours too.

I certainly did not believe this is what the result would be when I heard about this role and I definitely never dreamed that I would experience what I have so far.

I pity my fellow consumers for attempting to make the best of a repeatedly poor experience. I consider myself a fool for believing it might actually improve and for wasting my time in an attempt to assist.

I certainly did not want to believe the negative comments directed at the concept of this role or the 'reasoning' for it, yet I must confess that in my experience they have almost all been correct.

So, in my opinion, where does that leave the GF? Up a certain type of creek without a paddle.

Let me be clear:
    1. 55 or so Bugs reported since I took on the role of Class Advocate with none fixed (that I can think of) and with no responses.
    2. GFs main class mechanic (i.e. why the class is different from the GWF) - Guard, consistently does not work properly.
    3. GF players being at a significant disadvantage (including financial) since Mod3 with regard to fair chances at loot from Heroic Encounters.
    4. GF powers being nerfed despite there being no problems since game launched with no compensation and impacting upon the function and capability of the class.
    5. The role being promoted of the GF as a tank is undermined by the current high damage + Lifesteal combo and may often be somewhat similarly experienced in PVP too.
    6. Survivability and damage of GFs has not increased equally and proportionally with the damage and survivability increases of other classes. I would expect that any % increase in other class's damage should result in a similar % increase in the base survivability of the GF.
    7. Bugs and issues that have existed since the game launched (and prior) have been ignored. Channel Muting is one example off the top of my head that has existed since the beginning of STO where the mechanics were copied from. Bugs with Knight's Valor since Closed Beta is another.
    8. Some new content is simply rehashed old content that fools only the stupid.
    9. Feedback, comments and volunteer assistance is ignored, for one reason or another, with responses either slow in coming or non-existent.

Given all of these and the hundreds of other issues, is it logical and reasonable to expect consumers to continue to bother?

My response is that I certainly will not be bothering any further and my apologies to my fellow GFs and players for not being able to help our class and this game receive the necessary attention it deserves.

"You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink."

Regards,
    Damnacious
  • Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Let me be clear:

55 or so Bugs reported since I took on the role of Class Advocate with none fixed (that I can think of) and with no responses.
    GFs main class mechanic (i.e. why the class is different from the GWF) - Guard, consistently does not work properly.
    GF players being at a significant disadvantage (including financial) since Mod3 with regard to fair chances at loot from Heroic Encounters.
    GF powers being nerfed despite there being no problems since game launched with no compensation and impacting upon the function and capability of the class.
    The role being promoted of the GF as a tank is undermined by the current high damage + Lifesteal combo and may often be somewhat similarly experienced in PVP too.
    Survivability and damage of GFs has not increased equally and proportionally with the damage and survivability increases of other classes. I would expect that any % increase in other class's damage should result in a similar % increase in the base survivability of the GF.
    Bugs and issues that have existed since the game launched (and prior) have been ignored. Channel Muting is one example off the top of my head that has existed since the beginning of STO where the mechanics were copied from. Bugs with Knight's Valor since Closed Beta is another.
    Some new content is simply rehashed old content that fools only the stupid.
    Feedback, comments and volunteer assistance is ignored, for one reason or another, with responses either slow in coming or non-existent.

^^^
    You are spot on these.
    But the biggest problem the Gfs face is this : "Survivability and damage of GFs has not increased equally and proportionally with the damage and survivability increases of other classes. I would expect that any % increase in other class's damage should result in a similar % increase in the base survivability of the GF."

That is our problem.
    While our primary defensive stat,defence,can be mitigated by a thousand ways,the other classes defensive stats(deflect,range,speed,dodges) are unmitigated by current GFs.Example:HRs armor sets.90% of them gives them arm pen.Their arti weapon set the same.What do we get?more defence..lol.

Anyway,i speak only for my self,you were a very good advocate and a very organized one.You spend considerable time to gather the suggestions etc and then to put them nice written,in a report.
    For this,i thank you.
  • Options
    isuuck2isuuck2 Member Posts: 491 Bounty Hunter
    edited December 2014
    well another gf gives up. ty for trying.
  • Options
    inthere23inthere23 Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    I think the GF's biggest problem is the devs are not listening to us and don't care.
    Venril Sathir- CW
    Venril- SW
    Lurch- GF
    Mini Ven- DC
  • Options
    arinathosarinathos Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Slow clap and standing ovation for damnacious...
    Seriously, thanks for the time and effort you've put in on this. Sorry they don't seem to be listening.
  • Options
    mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Your time has been appreciated by us who enjoy playing the gf. I can only hope in the next big update they do some fixes for some of our mechanics, block needing the most attention as the inconsistency is getting worse than it was in mod 4.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi guys!

It is with great sadness that I report to you all my experiences so far as your Class Advocate.

For a number of weeks now I've made numerous attempts and requests to determine what is happening with the Class Advocate role given that Mod 5 has launched.

There are numerous issues that need to be resolved with our class and, especially given the extraordinary number and importance of these (including bugs), there has been no response.

Despite some caring and concerned players making the effort to pose questions that could be answered, there has been no response to these either.

What I see as happening with our class is that it is, for lack of any indication to the contrary, being ignored.

It really frustrates and distresses me to have dedicated my time to 'assist' in having our class improved so that it is enjoyable to play just to have that effort ignored. My time is valuable and I certainly do not like the feeling that it has been squandered. This is particularly the case when you consider that I usually charge my clients $450/hr for my time and I have usually contributed at least one hour (most often 3) every week towards this role.

Let me be very clear - these feelings and perspective of mine are not directed at my fellow players. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you that have taken the time and made the effort to help me help our class. Thank you!

My perspective on the situation so far is that it is extremely unprofessional and rather pathetically sad. I cannot think of a single business that could ever exercise such disregard for their clients when their clients are providing them with free feedback and services, nor can I entertain the view that this type of conduct has a place in any effective and successful business model.

What would be a positive, productive, effective and efficient resolution would be to have some official responses to my private messages, questions posed by consumers and the plethora of issues raised thus far.

I do not think that this is an unreasonable, illogical, negative, inefficient or ineffective expectation to have, especially considering the very small amount of time and effort it should take to do so. In my experience, it generally takes approximately two minutes to send an email / mail or post a short response.

I had been working on a detailed list and summary of what our class needs going into the future, yet I see no reason to bother at this time as the responses so far indicate that it will simply be ignored and a further waste of my time and, for my fellow players, yours too.

I certainly did not believe this is what the result would be when I heard about this role and I definitely never dreamed that I would experience what I have so far.

I pity my fellow consumers for attempting to make the best of a repeatedly poor experience. I consider myself a fool for believing it might actually improve and for wasting my time in an attempt to assist.

I certainly did not want to believe the negative comments directed at the concept of this role or the 'reasoning' for it, yet I must confess that in my experience they have almost all been correct.

So, in my opinion, where does that leave the GF? Up a certain type of creek without a paddle.

Let me be clear:
    1. 55 or so Bugs reported since I took on the role of Class Advocate with none fixed (that I can think of) and with no responses.
    2. GFs main class mechanic (i.e. why the class is different from the GWF) - Guard, consistently does not work properly.
    3. GF players being at a significant disadvantage (including financial) since Mod3 with regard to fair chances at loot from Heroic Encounters.
    4. GF powers being nerfed despite there being no problems since game launched with no compensation and impacting upon the function and capability of the class.
    5. The role being promoted of the GF as a tank is undermined by the current high damage + Lifesteal combo and may often be somewhat similarly experienced in PVP too.
    6. Survivability and damage of GFs has not increased equally and proportionally with the damage and survivability increases of other classes. I would expect that any % increase in other class's damage should result in a similar % increase in the base survivability of the GF.
    7. Bugs and issues that have existed since the game launched (and prior) have been ignored. Channel Muting is one example off the top of my head that has existed since the beginning of STO where the mechanics were copied from. Bugs with Knight's Valor since Closed Beta is another.
    9. Feedback, comments and volunteer assistance is ignored, for one reason or another, with responses either slow in coming or non-existent.

Given all of these and the hundreds of other issues, is it logical and reasonable to expect consumers to continue to bother?

My response is that I certainly will not be bothering any further and my apologies to my fellow GFs and players for not being able to help our class and this game receive the necessary attention it deserves.

Regards,
    Damnacious

I am really sorry y gived up .
    I think y have done great work here and spend much time too w/o effort .
    For this and for all your work. Big THNX

In the future i wait for paladin cuz they absolutely not lisen to reason .
    GF(main ) playerbase is around 1 % of the total player base.

GF is a huge money waste when they ask me for advice my first advice is this .
    I only recomend GF class for <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and really fanatics.

GF can have 90k GS and he will not reach the effectivitnes of CW GWF OR any other class.
    He can only be effective if he are a buffbot nothing more then just banner what the pt carry from A point to B point.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Hi guys!

Let me be clear:

Regards,
    Damnacious

So, it comes to the point that some consumer has to visit them and make them listen, eh?

But thank you for your efforts!

And to the developers: Thanks for nothing.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Thank you. Too bad the officials ignored you. :(
  • Options
    finmakinfinmakin Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    It's sad to see a advocate go who tries to get things to the point with facts, numbers and even with Combat data, facts who are hard to cope with for the Developers while its a simple thing for them to adjust things as it should be.
    It's a wrong way of thinking, they want a class advocate but they doing nothing with the results.

Personally I really hope that the Tiamat Events have a change of succes when GF tanks are performing a key role in it, i will not participate in it (with my current thoughts about this) and frankly all the GF tanks should do the same.

There are two changes if this is happening.
    1. the issue(s) are going to be fixed.
    2. they simply increase the amount of DPS (combined with other things) for the DPS classes (as they have done multiple times before).

Damnacious, you will not forgotten when you are away..
    Ogguk The Beholder… Justicar Paladin Tank/ Healer
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    . . . and my apologies to my fellow GFs and players for not being able to help our class and this game receive the necessary attention it deserves.

No apologies needed Damnacious - you did a great job collating our feedback. It's not YOUR fault; you did what you were asked to do.

Hold your head high - YOU have earned our respect.
    I aim to misbehave
This discussion has been closed.