test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Artifact equipment refinement

hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I've been wondering these last days... what after the 2x weekend and after the non-BoA refining items are gone?

I know that you can refine the belts, weapons and other artifact equipments with level 60 gear but... are we going to fill our inventories with blues that cannot stack? Are our characters attached to the Dragon Hoard enchantments forever? Are we going to refine our equipments 300 by 300 until it gets to the millions of RP it needs to the level that makes it worth using these items?

How long will it take to get an artifact equipment to Legendary? Are the new players going to be rejected by the community because they didn't play when these opportunities (low period of refining to Legendary and low RP price) were live?

I'm talking mainly about artifact equipments, since the RP price for regular artifacts are quite fair through enchantments... that can stack.
(´・ ω ・`)
Post edited by hefisdo on

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All fair points. Which is why I proposed an supplemental system to use Experience to refine Artifact Equipment here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?787761-Suggestion-for-a-new-quot-experience-quot-system-for-Artifacts-and-Equipment
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    All fair points. Which is why I proposed an supplemental system to use Experience to refine Artifact Equipment here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?787761-Suggestion-for-a-new-quot-experience-quot-system-for-Artifacts-and-Equipment

That's actually a nice system! It'd be nice.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm largely quiting at level 35 (purple) when it come to refining artifact equipment. Anything beyond that is just going to take to long and is not a realistic goal for me to acheive.

Blues I'll leave behind or vendor, purples will be salvage. Refining stones, probably feed into artifact equipment but just to get rid of them.
  • yokanaanyokanaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 151 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    I'm sure devs come up with something that's why I'm a bit hesitant to upgrade my artifacts during double refinement. It may be announced after this event to remove some AD from the game.
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hate to say, but I do not think they have thought this far ahead. Actuality is.. the belts are not an upgrade for a lot of people (including my 12+ chars) until they reach legendary. The weapons are, in some cases, but not others. All my chars have ancient sets. I have/had to sacrifice quite a bit to put one of the artifacts that dictate what power I should use, in slot.

The belts stick you with another useless utility slot unto legendary.

I have said (to myself) from day one.. I will play this game until I feel like I can progress no further, without buying progression.
    I will not do that, ever, in any game. I have spent a crapton of money for mundane advancement.. but if my chars are maxed unless I spend more, it's time to do something else.

For now, I am still here. But I am really glad my lady bought me a new motorcycle... (with my money, but she manages it all, so it's all good.)
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    Are the new players going to be rejected by the community

Not exactly, the players will reject this game and cash flow will cease at which point PWE being the company it is will cut its loses and continue on with the next 2-year money extortion project
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm largely quiting at level 35 (purple) when it come to refining artifact equipment. Anything beyond that is just going to take to long and is not a realistic goal for me to acheive.

Absolutely.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I tend to agree. I have seen many players reach lvl 60 play for a week or so then quit when they see what it will actually take to "catch up" to other players.

Realistically there is no way for a new player to catch up without spending around 4400$ per character (Cryptics price for blood rubys, x 7 legendarys). And that is JUST for artifact equipment, let alone chants etc.
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well doubt they have a plan atm, but as you say once the peridots/flawless sapphires runs dry, they will be forced to do some kind of chance to the refining system or people will leave this game in drows... Personaly i am once of the "lucky" ones who were aware of this change before it got to live, so i have stacked up 30 stacks of flawless sapphires(200k a stack) which i expect will go North of a million pr. stack once double rp week starts, and 60-80 stacks of peridots and minor resonance stones(10-20k a stack) which will end up around 200k atleast, so yeah in a vacuum this change is excellent for me, since i will get to refine all my items, and still make 20-30 million ads easy, but of course for every1 who isnt on the forum daily, there is no way they will ever get more legendary stuff...

So expect a change to refining system around mod 7, would be my predictin... They will probaly try and force the blood diamonds on people for a while, but expecting people to pay 640 $ for an artifacts is probaly a bit stupid...:)
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Well doubt they have a plan atm, but as you say once the peridots/flawless sapphires runs dry, they will be forced to do some kind of chance to the refining system or people will leave this game in drows... Personaly i am once of the "lucky" ones who were aware of this change before it got to live, so i have stacked up 30 stacks of flawless sapphires(200k a stack) which i expect will go North of a million pr. stack once double rp week starts, and 60-80 stacks of peridots and minor resonance stones(10-20k a stack) which will end up around 200k atleast, so yeah in a vacuum this change is excellent for me, since i will get to refine all my items, and still make 20-30 million ads easy, but of course for every1 who isnt on the forum daily, there is no way they will ever get more legendary stuff...

So expect a change to refining system around mod 7, would be my predictin... They will probaly try and force the blood diamonds on people for a while, but expecting people to pay 640 $ for an artifacts is probaly a bit stupid...:)

Yeah.. so a month or two from now, you can have a ball here, hanging out and playing with yourself. Since everyone else will be elsewhere. (Kidding. =). Sort of.)
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    sprawlfx wrote: »
    Yeah.. so a month or two from now, you can have a ball here, hanging out and playing with yourself. Since everyone else will be elsewhere. (Kidding. =). Sort of.)

at least ill be rich:)
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Here is the thing, new players who play legit will have zero chance of ever obtaining legendary artifacts. They've systematically made PVE farming very unrewarding by limiting loot through RNG and introducing refinement that must be bought.

If you play this game legit and have not bought up your own supply, I suggest you do so right now.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    They don't appear to have anything in place , the only reasonable things to do at this point would be to remove any ICD from dragon horde/Fey blessing enchantments and make the % chance for drops per enemy killed or start running a 2X RP event every single weekend .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • laughingbirddddlaughingbirdddd Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I tend to agree. I have seen many players reach lvl 60 play for a week or so then quit when they see what it will actually take to "catch up" to other players.

Realistically there is no way for a new player to catch up without spending around 4400$ per character (Cryptics price for blood rubys, x 7 legendarys). And that is JUST for artifact equipment, let alone chants etc.

After the new lv60 players know that they are going to do about 2hours daily everyday and the amount of ad need be spent, most of them will quit. Nowdays I rarely see "lfg t1dungeon" and most of t2 dungeon ppl required players have 14gs
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow, 3 page refinement topic and not one post stating "You know you don't NEED legendary right?"

I can't believe it.

The solutions to the refinement process are so simple its really odd they havent picked one.

Make Dragon Hoard enchants convert XP gained to Refinement for all the Artifacts you are wearing (1% of XP split to all artifacts wont be much and cant be botted and sold). Even with full greaters, it will take time but that time can be spent doing anything you want to.

This is just one idea thats better than the existing system, and I could come up with 3-4 more in a minute.

I have a feeling now that they have the botters somewhat limited, they are going to wait till the supply dries up, then either double/triple the drop rate, or make a change to the system. Until then...click, drag, drop, refine, click drag drop refine....identify blue, identify blue, etc etc etc Such FUN!
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I hope they do something. Refining is getting really really boring. Maybe they can raise the RP value of purple items so at least we can run dung again
  • laughingbirddddlaughingbirdddd Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Wow, 3 page refinement topic and not one post stating "You know you don't NEED legendary right?"

I can't believe it.

The solutions to the refinement process are so simple its really odd they havent picked one.

Make Dragon Hoard enchants convert XP gained to Refinement for all the Artifacts you are wearing (1% of XP split to all artifacts wont be much and cant be botted and sold). Even with full greaters, it will take time but that time can be spent doing anything you want to.

This is just one idea thats better than the existing system, and I could come up with 3-4 more in a minute.

I have a feeling now that they have the botters somewhat limited, they are going to wait till the supply dries up, then either double/triple the drop rate, or make a change to the system. Until then...click, drag, drop, refine, click drag drop refine....identify blue, identify blue, etc etc etc Such FUN!

I heard many ppl said the drop rate will increase after the supply dried up. Is it just a rumour? Why can not the drop rate increase before 2xrp event
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I too have stopped at purple... except for the wepon "damage" slot item

I keep going there

UrLord
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    at least ill be rich:)

No, you won't. Selling finite resources now which you are going to need later isn't a smart move, yeah you bought for 10 before, now you sell for 100, indeed a very good profit but later you will need them again because they are going to keep releasing new content and you will end up paying 200 or even more.The rich man isn't the one who has the most, but rather the one who needs the least.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Personaly i am once of the "lucky" ones who were aware of this change before it got to live, so i have stacked up 30 stacks of flawless sapphires(200k a stack) which i expect will go North of a million pr. stack once double rp week starts, and 60-80 stacks of peridots and minor resonance stones(10-20k a stack) which will end up around 200k atleast, so yeah in a vacuum this change is excellent for me, since i will get to refine all my items, and still make 20-30 million ads easy, but of course for every1 who isnt on the forum daily, there is no way they will ever get more legendary stuff...

I did read the fresh news coming from Preview, but unfortunately I was so incredibly poor at that time that I couldn't store anything.

I really hope they come with something as soon as possible, but since the latest changes to the refining system have been, in my opinion, of bad faith and kinda disappointing to the player base I'm starting to feel like 'this is it'.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    GUys calm down.
    We need to remember when we are spending 2000 hours grinding thses equips that these devs have families and will have to be allowed to spend time with them this Thanksgiving.

Of course I won't be spending time with my family this year.
    I spent the turkey money on some RP and will have to be farming for the next 6 years to get legendary so I have to scarifice a few things.
    (The above is complete sarcasm meant to point out that the devs want to take Thanksgiving off to spend time with their family, but could honestly care less if you have to mortgage your house or lock yourself away from your family for the next year to grind the RP needed to gear up.)

Have some respect for your players time and money or you will be having a lonely Thanksgiving next year devs.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Here is the thing, new players who play legit will have zero chance of ever obtaining legendary artifacts. They've systematically made PVE farming very unrewarding by limiting loot through RNG and introducing refinement that must be bought.

If you play this game legit and have not bought up your own supply, I suggest you do so right now.

Bought what? Artifacts? I've been playing legit since beta and have only obtained a single artifact via the initial quest. The only other ways to get them are apparently RNG drops and loot rewards from specific place, play a second character all the way to boon city, or buy them from the auction house. Now, I could buy one if I wanted to spend a significant amount of AD, then spend more AD to refine it, but if you're trying to complete an artifact set from say, Well of Dragons, the ones you really want can't even be bought and their drop rate is so low that you'll likely never get it. This is a problem that's existed since artifacts were introduced and Cryptic has done nothing to remedy it, so it's not just new players who have this problem but casual players as well. Unless there's some trick that I'm not aware of. Refining is almost a laughable problem to have since casual players like me don't even have time to play a main character regularly, much less a second one to get a second free artifact.
  • truelokastertruelokaster Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Well, they should NOT be and that is the main issue here.

Whenever you play a computer game, any game, you are meant to be the hero, not a sidekick, not one in a million, but you are meant to shine.

Indicating that an item is a rare and difficult to obtain is fine and acceptable. Usually you have to work hard to get the greatest weapon to face and defeat the ultimate evil.

With that being said I'd be ok with participating in a 4-6 hour raid and have to /roll (a RNG) against another 12 to 24 players for a chance of the rarest weapon or item ingame, just like the good old MMO's.

But that is not the case here. I agree that a brand new player have no chance against old players since his artifacts will take forever to rank up. And that will nothing have to do with his time spend ingame, but due to the fact that the refinement point system is insanely long, dragged and repetitive, especially in the case of artifact equipment (mainhands, offhands, belts, necklaces/capes).

The bot foundry farming for RP items had to end. Everyone agreed withthe Bound on Account change if, and that is a big if, the amount of RP required were revised with feasible, reachable numbers for the average player. But we all know that never happened and will never be.

I love the game, the setting, the combat system and the PvP, even if we are limited to the same 2 domination maps over and over again, but when something like this hits it indicates that the company is not interested in making the game player-friendly. And that has nothing to do with profit as WoW and Lotro had proven that the biggest share in the ingame store comes from selling cometic options (mounts included), services like race/name/gender/build changes, character slots and expansion packs and content.

With all that being said, I'm still playing the game, but I can't tell for how long as now I just log in to do my Weel of Dragons and PvP dailies and nothing more. Also, this insane artifact-everything-but-underwear has taken away one of my greatest joys in any MMO, that is being an altaholic and leveling and decently gearing one of every class.