test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Wizards can you please STOP hating on Rogues

dnalyrdnalyr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 138 Arc User
edited November 2014 in PvE Discussion
When MOD 5 came, CW's loss their Universal Soldier type of playing (which is so RIGHT), and now all CW's are hating on TR's just because of one simple reason, We hunt them in PVP's, we are doing what Rogues are made to do.. Hunt the Caster/Range players, which these type of people cant handle because they need to have their Universal Soldier CW back, they need to control and melt monsters back and just casually walking in PVP one hit Ice knife anyone. They can't handle balance. Tr's can get owned by a PVP type GF/GWF, they catch us with one prone and we are done, Even HR's and CW's who can catch us not paying attention can STILL kill us quickly, but thats ok we are built to be squshy.

I was a TR since Day 1, and the class changed a lot since MOD 1, and there were times TR's are not wanted in the party no more, because CW's can DPS better than US + the control. But instead of whinning, i tried suggesting things to the game. And yes i learned to adopt, back then i concentrated my TR on single damage DPS and surviving. We waited so long for this change, and now it happened and we are doing better in PVE, same in PVP (depends on the opponent). I am just sick of these people calling for a nerf on TR's. CW's you cant have your Universal Soldier Status no more, they are making this game balance and its going there, your whinning wont improve it, just try to suggest somethings to your class. Im really happy and contented with the new TR, all that is left is fix the SoD bug. :D Thank you Neverwinter, it was a long wait but worth it!
Queven the Executor
Post edited by dnalyr on

Comments

• hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    The reason CWs hate TRs is because we have no way to find you in stealth and to even have a small chance to get lucky and find you we have to slot stealtime/Icyterrain (wich sucks so bad against any other class so that we die if they show up while we have the encounters slotted). And if it happens that we get lucky and catch you out of stealth, it wont really matter because you are gone again before we can land enough DPS to even get close to killing you.

They said they remove permastealth and make it harder to deal damage and stealth - but they failed hard.

Its simply not a fair fight against a TR for us Control Wizards. Its always a one-sided "fight" and that is simply not okay.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »

They said they remove permastealth and make it harder to deal damage and stealth - but they failed hard.

yes. and I don't think they can do another rework because they will have to admit that they <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the job.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yes. and I don't think they can do another rework because they will have to admit that they <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> up the job.

perma stealth is a thing from 2 years, they never stated they wanted to delete it but avoid the mechanics stealth/duelist/immunity from duelist/total immunity from ITC. Stop.

and they did.
    you cannot spam at will like no tomorrow from stealth.
    indeed using duelist is a suicide.
    itc only grants deflect
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    perma stealth is a thing from 2 years, they never stated they wanted to delete it but avoid the mechanics stealth/duelist/immunity from duelist/total immunity from ITC. Stop.

and they did.
    itc only grants deflect

Actually they said it very clearly that perma-stealth was going to be "fixed" in mod5.

Before we talk about the other changes, let’s talk about the big one. Perma-stealth is going to get much harder to play. We don’t really like the gameplay of “invisible attacker dealing steady damage” because the cases for counterplay are limited and require more skill to fight against than we feel is appropriate.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • vvergvverg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    and they did.
    itc only grants deflect

Yes you can, you can spam Gloaming Cut all over the place. There is really nothing you can do here, except for running away. If there is a TR that knows how to play Perma you are simply ...... ;)

The sad thing is, being a perma now is more dangerous than a perma in mod 3/4 (even with the bugged Bilethorn back then). That is just silly, before you say only ranged/casters actually every class has a hard time with the perma's that know how to play this the most "effective" (cheesy, but than what do you expect from the few **** PvP guilds).
    signature-lili.png
    edited November 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Actually they said it very clearly that perma-stealth was going to be "fixed" in mod5.

"invisible attacker dealing steady damage”

key word "steady", stealth depletion on at will usage makes steady impossible.
    we can then argue on gloaming cut refilling stealth bar (i prefer damage bonus or like cooldown reduction on succefull hit, however something not stealth related ) or the super cheese d.strike (whose ticks dont deplete stealth)
    however the idea is there.
    you are not going to see a TR deal with it.

and about nothing you can do about gloaming cut... i suggest you to try that at will to see how dungerous it is.
    there is a reason for gloaming cut to be disgusted from all TRs until mod 5. Now we are basically forced to it this does not means the problem related to it are no longer there.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    "invisible attacker dealing steady damage”

key word "steady", stealth depletion on at will usage makes steady impossible.
    we can then argue on gloaming cut refilling stealth bar (i prefer damage bonus or like cooldown reduction on succefull hit, however something not stealth related ) or the super cheese d.strike (whose ticks dont deplete stealth)
    however the idea is there.
    you are not going to see a TR deal with it.

and about nothing you can do about gloaming cut... i suggest you to try that at will to see how dungerous it is.
    there is a reason for gloaming cut to be disgusted from all TRs until mod 5. Now we are basically forced to it this does not means the problem related to it are no longer there.

A biased rogue defending his class OP_ness, a refreshing sight since I was getting tired of wizards doing it. And oddly enough, HRs and their own OP_ness continues to slip under the radar.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited November 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    A biased rogue defending his class OP_ness, a refreshing sight since I was getting tired of wizards doing it. And oddly enough, HRs and their own OP_ness continues to slip under the radar.

dude i know you may have missed something but there is NO class without its own CHEESE. You should just start to accept it.

we have mage with shield, greater single target damage and able to buff/heal a whole party.
    we have 100% uptime shield GF with great single target burst.
    we have perma stealth or perma daze TR
    we have 60k HP damage dealer GWF but tank spec'd.
    we have uber heal HR.
    we have unkillable DC that heal a whole party or dps spec'd one that 2 shots you with 13k GS.
    and you still have to see the new warlock path.

good morning and welcome in mod 5 emilemo

interesting enough no one of the above classes lack damage or heal or DR.
    except one you will never see a TR healing back to 100% or being hitted for 1k, never and this is cause of stealth.
    i would not have problem without stealth playing a gwf or my HR
    to make an example i would give up right now on saboteur/executioner capstone for the new renegade one.
    edited November 2014

good morning and welcome in mod 5 emilemo

Coffee? You forgot the coffee, go and take care of that. I take it black, no sugar
    edited November 2014
    edited. /char
    sad joke
    edited November 2014

so much exaggeration. you're losing credibility.
    edited November 2014
    there are 50k cw, do i really need to tell you gwf names with about 60k hp?
    edited November 2014

Credibility ? He ever had any? But yeah people tend to lose it when its about "their" class.

Here is some genuine info: my Int Sent has 38K HP in PVP in order to maintain high Power (~9K) and thats at 20K+ GS. Only broken classes who dont need offensive stats to achieve high damage can afford to stack absurd amounts of health
    edited November 2014
    emilemo wrote: »
    Credibility ? He ever had any? But yeah people tend to lose it when its about "their" class.

Here is some genuine info: my Int Sent has 38K HP in PVP in order to maintain high Power (~9K) and thats at 20K+ GS. Only broken classes who dont need offensive stats to achieve high damage can afford to stack absurd amounts of health

papabig 51k hp no consumable no HP rings.
    here you are pug no need to thank

http://i.imgur.com/pGBwYoa.png
    edited November 2014

http://i.imgur.com/pGBwYoa.png

60k is NOT 50k. Please learn Math.
    And no, you are looking at GWF's with their Ioun Stones summoned, therefore theyre having extra HP but that is irrelevant since companions aren't active in domination PvP.

Btch Please.
    edited November 2014
    60k is NOT 50k.
    And no, you are looking at GWF's with their Ioun Stones summoned, therefore theyre having extra HP but that is irrelevant since companions aren't active in domination PvP.

Btch Please.

added screenshot in pvp with NO CONSUMABLE.
    edited November 2014

So you use 'pug' as a derogatory term. Here's the thing, I see 'premades' as cowards who can only excel if certain conditions are met in a perfect environment stacking whatever is the current OP class/build etc.. so that papabig thing means nothing to me
    edited November 2014
    added screenshot in pvp with NO CONSUMABLE.

you're screenshot doesn't prove if he has consumables or not.
    also the pic shows 1820 recovery which is not achievable with the gear he is wearing.

check mate
    edited November 2014
    its like talking to the walls.
    cya
    edited November 2014
    where are your rebuttals? your mouth can't be clearly running out of sh*ts to spew.

I could school you all day son.
  • coolguy1990coolguy1990 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey guys, It doesn't let me make a new thread, So I'll post it here.
    The PVP in Neverwinter ATM is just bad, imbalanced and demands adjustments.
    The classes are:
    GF,GWF,CW,SW,TR,HR,DC.
    I'll type my suggestions over each one of them.
    GF: Remains an awesome class, Shiled is an awesome Tab skill, but, still missing some kind of taunt that gives them extra time to attack there foes and protect there friends, for example some kind of taunt that actually makes the enemy attack them if there in range while activated, for a few seconds.
    TR: Trickster rogue at module 5 is just redicolous it's not what it's suppose to be, A TR shouldn't hit that hard face to face in normal combat, It should be based on debuffs, stunlocks, combos, poisons, stealth, dodge, and deflection (with 75% severity) which makes him awesome enough + I'd suggest a serious buff to rogue damage while attacking with combat advantage (more then other classes) but in face to face combat they gotta hit WAY less for the daggers 1d4 they use compared to the Greatsword 1d12 (DnD comparing).
    GWF: A classic barbarian dive in battle, got the speed strength and tankiness to survive and give critical blows uppon enemies... in module 5 .. not really, hits less then rogue cannot dodge while all classes damage is so high atm his tankiness is a big question mark and while his tank path (sentinel) being nerfed partically ruined (considering 99% of the mmorpgs owned by rogues and mages more then the normal fighter its a big shame this game does the same ) Id suggest a buff to the GWF defense/face to face damage, while reducing his run speed (a bit op) and its duration making it harder for him to catch the opponet but if caught can deliver a deadly blow.
    Barbarian should hit the most face to face without side effects pure damage like it does on DnD and like it should do while using the greatest weapon ingame his tankyness should be adjusted to the overall average damage of the rest of the classes, nerfing it after buffing the other classes is pure stupid.
    CW: I'll just skip that one, people seem to be inlove with mages allover mmorpg community it will always be very strong if not the strongest, never understood why but oh well.
    HR: TRs brother, Ranger should do the most damage using his bow and not using his 2 swords, like u can see in movies example LOTR Legolas the most well known ranger which many try to be like in games uses his bow even from close range and rarely takes his rapiers out. Rangers should have push, and slow skills that let them kite there enemies, also its common that rangers and TRs are the main classes to oppose the mages. I'll sum rangers saying that the rapiers are just last resort for close combat and a real ranger will never use his rapier and run inside he will always try to keep using his bow for the longest, also if u check pvp most rangers are using there bows even tho the melee way hits way more, it's just the ranger way.
    SW: Awesome class, squishy but hits alot, I think its balanced and fair.
    DC: I wouldn't dare saying bad stuff about an assist class, I do think its a bit OP atm but I do not mind that cleric is a class made by most to heal and help the team and I somewhat think they deserve being a lil OP due to the "giving" nature of there class.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This hatred is mutual. My hatred towards CW gone so far that I can't even bare CW being on my friend's list for more than one day. I just had too many causeless comments like "Wtf is this pet doing with us in CN, we could just pick another CW or GWF". If I wasn't a TR in a party while playing my DC, there would always be an outgeared CW that picked on everyone and everything in a party acting like they are some kind of demigods of neverwinter. This CW's game domination has to stop
  • ravenanravenan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    25k dot going thrue immunes? please no more...
    Main : GF - Lord Kruk
    Steel and Magic
    edited November 2014
    Hey guys, It doesn't let me make a new thread, So I'll post it here.
    The PVP in Neverwinter ATM is just bad, imbalanced and demands adjustments.
    The classes are:
    GF,GWF,CW,SW,TR,HR,DC.
    I'll type my suggestions over each one of them.
    GF: Remains an awesome class, Shiled is an awesome Tab skill, but, still missing some kind of taunt that gives them extra time to attack there foes and protect there friends, for example some kind of taunt that actually makes the enemy attack them if there in range while activated, for a few seconds.
    TR: Trickster rogue at module 5 is just redicolous it's not what it's suppose to be, A TR shouldn't hit that hard face to face in normal combat, It should be based on debuffs, stunlocks, combos, poisons, stealth, dodge, and deflection (with 75% severity) which makes him awesome enough + I'd suggest a serious buff to rogue damage while attacking with combat advantage (more then other classes) but in face to face combat they gotta hit WAY less for the daggers 1d4 they use compared to the Greatsword 1d12 (DnD comparing).
    GWF: A classic barbarian dive in battle, got the speed strength and tankiness to survive and give critical blows uppon enemies... in module 5 .. not really, hits less then rogue cannot dodge while all classes damage is so high atm his tankiness is a big question mark and while his tank path (sentinel) being nerfed partically ruined (considering 99% of the mmorpgs owned by rogues and mages more then the normal fighter its a big shame this game does the same ) Id suggest a buff to the GWF defense/face to face damage, while reducing his run speed (a bit op) and its duration making it harder for him to catch the opponet but if caught can deliver a deadly blow.
    Barbarian should hit the most face to face without side effects pure damage like it does on DnD and like it should do while using the greatest weapon ingame his tankyness should be adjusted to the overall average damage of the rest of the classes, nerfing it after buffing the other classes is pure stupid.
    CW: I'll just skip that one, people seem to be inlove with mages allover mmorpg community it will always be very strong if not the strongest, never understood why but oh well.
    HR: TRs brother, Ranger should do the most damage using his bow and not using his 2 swords, like u can see in movies example LOTR Legolas the most well known ranger which many try to be like in games uses his bow even from close range and rarely takes his rapiers out. Rangers should have push, and slow skills that let them kite there enemies, also its common that rangers and TRs are the main classes to oppose the mages. I'll sum rangers saying that the rapiers are just last resort for close combat and a real ranger will never use his rapier and run inside he will always try to keep using his bow for the longest, also if u check pvp most rangers are using there bows even tho the melee way hits way more, it's just the ranger way.
    SW: Awesome class, squishy but hits alot, I think its balanced and fair.
    DC: I wouldn't dare saying bad stuff about an assist class, I do think its a bit OP atm but I do not mind that cleric is a class made by most to heal and help the team and I somewhat think they deserve being a lil OP due to the "giving" nature of there class.

I like this guy :D
  • jeffro9000jeffro9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    The irony...

Rogue creates thread asking for CW's to stop hating...

Hates on CW's

Please close this pointless thread as it offers nothing constructive.

kthxbai
    Jeffro, DC
    Jeffrina Jones, GWF
    Jeffrodo, CW
    Jeffrogue, Rog
    Jelfro, GF
    Jeffrogolas Do'Urden, HR
    Jeffrodo Jaggins, SW
  • nazghul22nazghul22 Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    dnalyr wrote: »
    Wizards can you please STOP hating on Rogues

The average mod5 TR ends a domination session with a 40-0 kill-death ratio, so obviously the TRs are not hunting only CWs. The community is not stupid and puts the blame not on the TRs but on the devs who ignored all the TR's feedback during preview.
    ToD = ..........
    Tired of Dailies/Tyranny of Dailies/Timers of Doom/Tricked Or Duped/Tremendously Obnoxious Dailies/Try Otherwise, Devs
  • sygfried94sygfried94 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 264 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    That post should be close.

I don't even get why TR crying, they got a refund of their class and during the process, they ended with a one shot power against nearly anything on the game (ended game boss included). dev correct it right away, it normal and would appens on same for any class that a mystake like that would appens and dev react from the urgency of it.
    CW are neitheir dev. and dev have their own issue and are not making favor to one class or an other.
    The TR main problem between stealth and damage is neitheir as big or even not really a problem as the previous point. So maybe TR are overpewered for pvp part but no more with a god mod button so if ajust their will be, the little it will be.

For the PVE part,except the god button that was requiring an ajust, the main complain come from player (CW an other) that do not give a thing but gs and say hey he beat me on the kikimeter. there is such so many way that not involve GS (25% with pet, 20% with weapon enchant, 15-20 more% wiht campaign) to get extra damage but also even in a run there can be such variating in damage that is stupid. 2 days ago i made a 2 run with my guild. run one got beaten in damage by the healer with more than 30% damage than me. second run same dongeon same team, i beat him practiculy with the same margin. Same dongeon, same player, same GS, and noticable different result.
    And it the nearly the same in PVP (except the pet)
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    CWs focus TR cause current TRs in PvP have so many survivability tools it's pretty much impossible to kill them unless you catch them with though CC.

TRs can stay in stealth for almost permanent time, and get back to stealth very fast.
    Can daze.
    Can be immune.
    Can almost spam dodge roll right now as i see them rolling away every 3 seconds almost.
    Can move (base movement) faster than any other class.
    Can deflect CC.

You can clearly see the K/D ratio in leaderboard and in games. TRs have OP survivability with right build and pretty much can't die where all other classes you meet can be killed, as hard as it can be.

TRs die only if they mess up something or are unlucky. Stop defending this OP cheesy mechanic it must be removed and TRs must learn how to survive timing their dodges and taking their fair share of damage instead of being stealth/ immune/ out of range/ enemy dazed pretty much the whole time.

It doesn't matter if it's not steady damage from stealth. It's still a class with so many tools piled up to avoid damage 99% of the time and with latency taking care of another 0,99%.

Get back to reality, there must be a window of opportunity for the enemy to counterattack. And it's not present in current TR or is so small that latency makes in non-existent.

Raydan if you want to continue defending this OP shlt it's your problem but do not think you can convince other players that TR is "balanced", cause it's not. And it's not simple "cheese" either.

I lose to a intimidation sentinel but i deal damage back.
    I lose to a combat TR but can counterattack.
    Same with CW.
    Same with SW.

TRs at any gear level have the tools to survive 10x the tankier class and build, all with the sorry excuse "we are squishy". Yeah, but if there's a 0,01% of chance to catch you out of immunity/ stealth/ daze, then you are not squishy animore, you're immortal. Which is what is happening now.

That's too much and it's quite obvious.
  • piejalpiejal Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Look at leaderboard
    it's clear picture of what happen
    My advice for TR enjoy this dev mistake before everthing being fix
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I don't PvP but based upon a careful reading of every post in this thread, many people obviously suck at it . . . and this includes ALL classes. There were only a handful of meaningful posts. Sigh.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
This discussion has been closed.