test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Archer path lives in combats paths shadow

ragingwizardragingwizard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 34
edited November 2014 in The Wilds
I don't know how well trapper performs in pvp, but archer is definitely under performing, and combat HRs way overpower archers, archers have no healing and much lower deflection chance compared to a combat HR, and the rooting is absolutely useless, all it does is help you land attacks and that is easily disturbed because it doesn't even disable the target, its useless against any ranged class especially the CW, not to mention to rooting time is pathetic, it hardly gives melee classes any trouble whatsoever getting close to you, our only decent counter is disruptive shot, and if it's not ready your a free kill, the damage is fine, and landing attacks is fine, but its not fair when we have 0 survivability, I'd like to see constrictive arrow go back to its original stun effect and I believe things will be more balanced for archer HRs, because atm our stuns are not substantial enough, and as a small suggestion thorn ward should gain the effect path of blade has in preview server right now where it can damage more than one target at once, as right now it's good for nothing but nodes in pvp don't get me wrong thorn ward on nodes is very effective, but its not if your an archer path, because ranged players just avoid the node, and pick you off at a distance and then proceed to cap, and there's alot of ranged players right now, especially the CW community.
Post edited by ragingwizard on

Comments

• rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    and this is why you dont go archery in pvp.
    not all path are viable for everything.
    combat hr are nothing special in pve just saying, archery HR tho is another world there.
  • ragingwizardragingwizard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 34
    edited November 2014
    How is that justified? every path should be balanced in both aspects of pvp and pve, not everyone wants to play HR in pvp and have to use blades 99% of the time that isn't what a HR is about, archer and combat should be equally balanced in pvp and pve, this game lacks choice, and players shouldn't be forced into just one path for pvp, its stupid.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    choice? you have to choice to be good at pvp or pve. as an archer you have the advantage of range.
    on a domination game mode however you have to be on the node.

you do way more damages from range? you are squishy as hell. that's the price.

and: it's not like you cant spec for resistence and play mainly bow. it's not viable in high end pvp but your question does not let me think you are involved in it.

pve is fully completable even without feats. so no point to spec for pve in my opinion
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    How is that justified? every path should be balanced in both aspects of pvp and pve, not everyone wants to play HR in pvp and have to use blades 99% of the time that isn't what a HR is about, archer and combat should be equally balanced in pvp and pve, this game lacks choice, and players shouldn't be forced into just one path for pvp, its stupid.

LOL. Stop raging wizard :) Lots of classes pick different paths for PvE vs. PvP.

I agree with rayrdan - if you want to play an HR AND PvP - go combat. If you want PvE, go Archery (Stormwarden of course).

This isn't Burger King - you can't have it your way :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • ragingwizardragingwizard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 34
    edited November 2014
    Yeah i'd agree with what you said except, there are other classes who have high damage and high CC (CW) or high defenes (GF)
    a CC immunity (GWF) ridiculous self healing, high damage, deflection chance and many dodges (combat HR) soon to be immortality in mod 5 (DC) Perma stealth (TR, and yes DEVs decided to keep perma incase you didn't know) and archer HRs have high damage and crit chance, barely capable of kiting anything and no ranged advantage, thaum CWs can be specced to match HRs range, we have little to no defensives and no CC immunity apart from a daily which can hardly be used often, self healing is no where near as good as combat, we have very little stuns and useless roots which literally are useless in both pvp and pve, our deflection chance is **** because were forced to have high offenses, archer is a fun path, and I believe if a class has high damage but is squishy it still needs some CC or self healing, like the SW high damage, its squishy but jesus it has some pretty impressive life stealing capabilities, our only advantage is high damage and its out weighed by combat HRs and other classes.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'd love to switch out my somewhat useless dual blades for a good one-handed sword but that would go against canon.
    I aim to misbehave
  • kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    yes well..archer path in pvp has zero survivability..all u can do is to hide in one corner and shoot..cross your finger that nobody notice u..1v1? u can kiss ur butt goodbye is all i can say... The only way to help archer path in pvp is to either boost our disruptive shot stun to 3sec on player or reduce aimshot charging to 2 sec..that atleast we could pull at least 1 aimed shot before we die..just my opinion
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kangkeok wrote: »
    yes well..archer path in pvp has zero survivability..all u can do is to hide in one corner and shoot..cross your finger that nobody notice u..1v1? u can kiss ur butt goodbye is all i can say... The only way to help archer path in pvp is to either boost our disruptive shot stun to 3sec on player or reduce aimshot charging to 2 sec..that atleast we could pull at least 1 aimed shot before we die..just my opinion

I think its not 3. its is around 1.5 for disruptive. But need to check.

Archer was valueble or id say possible better in mod 3 and 2. Now devs made mod 4. Archers are not in their any priority for what it seems.

Trapper had got some love. Yet still it is weakers in both worlds in my opinion.

As far as I know Sandstorm was archer. And he has a nice build somewhere hear. I played it a bit and it is possible to use and win. Note is that you will need at least 17k GS and have a huge tune up for your gameplay if you willing to try.
    Full thread is
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?697751-SniperX%92s-Pathfinder-PvP-amp-Playstyle-Guide

Only difference from what i tried was in this feets.
    http://nwcalc.com/hr?b=cn4:13ydj4:13ydj4,13j3iji:1uu5z1:100000:1u0000&h=0&p=swd

fleet stance can be switched for Bloodletting for some more LS in melee or go full archer(then you don't need agile combat and just follow sandstorm feets)

Note on general play style
    In Domination you can not rely on distance due to multiple factors. - GWFs run, CW have biggest range and will control you, SW have range plus dot and 1 so-so but contol/interrupter. TR are TR.

Speed is your friend to get distance. So Mara is a must.

Barkshield is a must. It gives you 3 possible attacks that you ignore for aimed shot.
    Thayan Bastion works too btw.

Even thought it an old guide. Sandstorm gives some good advices for mod 4/5 archer HR in last comments too.
  • xnewyorkhardcorexnewyorkhardcore Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Just said this in another thread, I use Archer build in PVP and do very well. Disruptive shot is a MUST, and high stamina and movement speed make me hard to catch.

That said, you are correct--combat builds have a huge advantage.

It sucks, because when I created my HR it was considered a controller. After Mod4, all the control powers were removed. Hindering shot, Binding Arrow, Constricting Arrow. It was sooo fun, win or lose. I just loved playing that toon. Now it's just ok.
  • zelfironzelfiron Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I just finished leveling my HR and I'm using the StormWarden Archery Path. All through leveling I kept seeing messages that SW is stupid and Im so **** and whatever yet I was still Killing people. Its only after I actually hit 60 that I started dying alot and that is due to the fact that I had no gear no enchants and whatnot plus when queueing i kept getting into high GS battles when im still sitting at 8k+. My GS right now is currently sitting at just under 11k and im starting to kill people more and more now. So Archery is not a dead path in any way. Still very much viable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Zelfiron: Control Wizard
    Siana: Trickster Rogue
    Andromeda: Devoted Cleric
    Death Strike: Guardian Fighter
    Blind Fury: Great Weapon Fighter
    Phantom Reaper: Hunter Ranger (To be Changed to Huntress when I figure out how to)
    Helena: Oathbound Paladin
    Bad Juju: Scourge Warlock
  • overdriver13overdriver13 Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I am newly back after a absence of a few months and got about 20 domination matches in last night. I think for leaderboard padding, archer is a good way to go if you play to kill/survive and not to win. For actual competitive guild pvp though, gotta go combat to actually stand up and hold nodes.