edited November 2014 in The Foundry
When trying to publish my foundry of the following error

"Error during publish.Publish failed: log republish project needs"

How do I post to my foundry?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    This is a total shot in the dark, but every new mod means a total republish of all quests. Maybe the publishing of new quests is being forced to take a back seat to the back log of quests being republished?

Again, only a guess. I actually have no real idea.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Yep probably fighting for time with Cryptics republishing - just keep trying occasionally.
  • lilithsaqualilithsaqua Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2014
    Well, If I duplicate the foundry, accepts post, but alas it will be the ID and the other will lose the reviews they did, any suggestions?
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I'm getting the same thing :(
    edited November 2014
    Just another guess... but no one else is talking so, what the hey.

I'd just be patient and publish on Sunday or the next day. Starting from scratch would be more painful than losing another day or two, right?

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand your frustration.. all that time building your rocket, you want to launch! But I don't think anything can be done about it, other than to just be patient- your time will come.
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    What must also be taken into consideration is that Cryptic may still be trying to republish all previous missions from before the RoT update. They may have disabled publishing temporarily, or if not. similar to the other theory that too many projects are being published causing the process to halt completely. They may have disabled it so that people can't push their way to the top of the New list and get their plays first before anyone else making it an unfair advantage for those that want to be seen but didn't get there in time. Basically the same scenario as what happens on Ebay (if you've seen it) where people wait to the very last moment to buy that particular product or post the last bid just before it ends.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Yep probably fighting for time with Cryptics republishing - just keep trying occasionally.

Normal module release behavior. Fix new bugs, push publish every so often until it takes.
    edited November 2014
    Personal choice, I guess. I'm not the sort to keep trying a number that is giving me a busy signal. I'd just call later in the week. I guess I should be thankful that I NEVER need to talk to anyone that badly. =)
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Arg... I'd really like to publish my forcefully - revamped quest, already.

edited November 2014
    It seems to me, that the imp farms/etc. have a higher priority than actual quests, because i am still unable to publish... While plenty of these box farm plagues ARE already published. Not sure if they were newly created but it seems like the restrictions mainly affected legit foundries. While exploiters can happily continue exploiting. As i mentioned before, exploiters do not really care if the distance between encounters has to be 40' and if they can stack 50 or 20 mobs. Legit foundry authors do!

Once again, gg devs.

Suggestion for future automated republishing:
    Get rid of the exploit foundry quests prior to taking the entire manual publishing down.

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    All they had to do was add one cap:

#define MAX_PORTAL_SPAWNED_ACTORS_PER_QUEST 50

unsigned int totalPortalSpawnedActors;

Done.

Of course, the M5 change also breaks timers. How hard would it be to add a timer object to the "Special" tab that has standard "appear when" and "disappear when" dynamics but also has an additional "disappear when" field that takes a number of seconds as an argument? Then anything could trigger off it's "component complete" like anything else. Seriously, how hard would that be???
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited November 2014
    As i'm typing this, people are creating imp farms. They're even asking where the spawning portals are in foundry chat... Openly admitting they intend to create afk - farming bs...

• ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    As i'm typing this, people are creating imp farms. They're even asking where the spawning portals are in foundry chat... Openly admitting they intend to create afk - farming bs...

I don't know what to think of that anymore. On one hand, I hate farm quests with passion, especially that I could not re-publish my quest (I published copy, I can always remove it when they let me publish the original). And there is so many of them! Why, I'm asking, why? 1 should be enough for those farmers, it's not like they are any different from each other.
    On the other hand, I can't really blame those ppl, not with current rp situation.
  • banzaikittenbanzaikitten Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    i got error on publish, log blabla, well, you know the drill..
    edited November 2014
    It seems to me, that the imp farms/etc. have a higher priority than actual quests, because i am still unable to publish... While plenty of these box farm plagues ARE already published. Not sure if they were newly created but it seems like the restrictions mainly affected legit foundries. While exploiters can happily continue exploiting...

Remember, Neverwinter is part of 'Perfect World' who are known to prioritize P2P/W-ers. I believe this is what is happening here. The one's who pay get their Foundry quest published first regardless of the quest itself. However, this is not a direct accusation on Perfect World as there could be other reasons for this, i.e. publishing in alphabetical order or by most recent, but the above suggestion seems to fit a better explanation.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
    edited November 2014
    It's not like this at all. We have so many "portal farms" currently published simply because they are so fast to create. The error on publish seems to affect only old quests, if you create a new one (or copy the old one) you have no problem with publishing it.
    edited November 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    It's not like this at all. We have so many "portal farms" currently published simply because they are so fast to create. The error on publish seems to affect only old quests, if you create a new one (or copy the old one) you have no problem with publishing it.

Not sure if i should care anymore. I mean first, exploiters ruin the main game, now even the foundry... And instead of removing the dumb imp - portals, which only exploiters are using anyway, from the editor... Cryptic decides to put restrictions which break the majority of legit quests...

edited November 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    The error on publish seems to affect only old quests, if you create a new one (or copy the old one) you have no problem with publishing it.

If that be true, then I'm not sure why I can't publish a finished new mission for my campaign which I created and started after the RoT update. With the new patch today (when this was posted for later readers), I hope it should fix the problem completely as do most other authors.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
  • lilithsaqualilithsaqua Member Posts: 8
    edited November 2014
    Well guys,
    My sincere thanks to all who gave attention to my post, but unfortunately the error continues and already clicked to "report bug" but ultimately I think in my opinion that the developer should pay more attention to it since it requires to win "fame" that we did not know how many foundry or do not know how many stars.

Duplicate it and republish the author loses the reviews that perhaps have done on its foundry. Okay I agree with the friend who said that just duplicate and delete when permit, but the problem's there in the "when" you would expect two years or four years to publish his quest to send to CRYPT about to be elected as a daily quest? may well be an exaggeration, but so far have not solved it can solve in two weeks, one month, one year or known to it when they want.

I will leave the post open until Sunday to give you guys the opinions and who knows solve this problem (not double) thank, because I have other foundry in the same problem, "O RAPTO DE SARAH" had to duplicate and rename to send to them then this discarded this

Thanks again <3
    kisses
    edited November 2014
    If that be true, then I'm not sure why I can't publish a finished new mission for my campaign which I created and started after the RoT update. With the new patch today (when this was posted for later readers), I hope it should fix the problem completely as do most other authors.

Dunno, worked for me. I assume you don't have too many actors/traps stacked or any censored words in dialogs. You can, just to be sure, make a copy and try to publish, who knows, maybe that'll work?