test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Representative's Distress NW-DGRYBYQCF

klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
This is my entry for the Northern Dock District contest which got the deadline extended.

At this point of time, I would say it is about 90% done (it is fully functional) but it is kind of short, because I wasn't expecting the deadline extension.

It is not related to my other quests in terms of storyline, though I do intend to reuse some of the characters in this quest for my other campaign since I intend for them to all exist inside the same universe.

It is now out of the review tab!

A big thank you to all those who helped review it!

Name: Representative's Distress
Code: NW-DGRYBYQCF
Author: OoKeNnEtHoO
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Updating this thread with some pictures.

I'm still adding in bits and pieces of story as time goes by but the quest is 90% completed (only left the extra bits and pieces for adding more to story).

It is fully functional and took me 2 weeks or so to make so the expected playtime is around 10 to 15 minutes given my rate of "10mins playtime : 1 week production" for foundries.

This is my take on the Sleeping Dragon Bridge:

A09B42399D2441DCBDE1BC039981E295C68703FF

This is my take on what lies in Northern Dock District:

0560AA136F911EA93D6D50332E522F27C17FA4DD
    341EDD8FB7E05E235A066C7526312966C5668460
    BC26BE82DE2D235409D0441BE773EA46D058B370
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    that looks pretty cool, I'll definitely play your quest and steal all your ideas enjoy it!
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    edited November 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    that looks pretty cool, I'll definitely play your quest and steal all your ideas enjoy it!

Erm..thanks?

Hahaha! Well, it's okay cos I was planning to do the same when yours is out:D
    eldarth wrote: »
    Nice job. Great work on the environment!

Thanks!
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Great story so far. I'm looking forward to learning more!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited November 2014
    I liked it a lot, the map was very well done, Iliked that you used the sky map so you would die if you would go in the water. Also the companions were cool.
    I'm curious about the burning skeleton effect, how did you do that? I've been searching for something like tht for another quest I'm doing.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
    edited November 2014
    hustin1 wrote: »
    Great story so far. I'm looking forward to learning more!
    Thanks for playing!

Glad you liked it!
    reiwulf wrote: »
    I liked it a lot, the map was very well done, Iliked that you used the sky map so you would die if you would go in the water. Also the companions were cool.
    I'm curious about the burning skeleton effect, how did you do that? I've been searching for something like tht for another quest I'm doing.

Hey, thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed it=)

The burning skeleton is actually a costume.

You should be able to find it via typing "burning skeleton" at the search npc box (in case I remember wrongly, type "skeleton").

Haha..as for the rest of this mechanic, I'm sure you already know how to do it.

However, for the benefit of any others who may happen to read this and wanna know how, the corpse (which is an npc costumed with rotter costume) is set to lay on its back (one of the actions) and upon interaction with an invisible sphere, the corpse is set to disappear.
    In the meantime, the burning skeleton (which is an npc costumed with burning skeleton costume) is set to appear upon the interaction of the invisible sphere and also set to lay on its back in the exact same spot (use the 2d map to set the axis) as the corpse. There are a total of 2 npcs and 1 detail in this mechanic. This gives the effect of a corpse being burnt after the player sets fire to it.
    edited November 2014
    Ah, didn't realize there was an actual burning skeleton, I was looking in the fx section, thanks a lot!
    It looks really well done!
    2e2qwj6.jpg