test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Other Balance Changes

Comments

• magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    They should nerf the shield and buff our survivability so we don't have to rely on an shield encounter as much as we do now..

Good idea if implemented right. I don't think any CW really likes the Shield.

More feedback for CW PvP set - Stat distribution:

As a squishy class with decent damage, Life Steal is important to CWs in PvP. It is the reason many CWs chose Purified BI set, which offers significant amounts of Life Steal and HP as well.

It would be amazing if some of the set pieces would offer Life Steal.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Good idea if implemented right. I don't think any CW really likes the Shield.

More feedback for CW PvP set - Stat distribution:

As a squishy class with decent damage, Life Steal is important to CWs in PvP. It is the reason many CWs chose Purified BI set, which offers significant amounts of Life Steal and HP as well.

It would be amazing if some of the set pieces would offer Life Steal.

I would never ever want to use shield. But I'm forced to use it so I can survive in PvP. Otherwise I would be dead within a few seconds against any enemy. Thats what I hate about it, its giving us something that we already should have. One missclick in a fight and I lose the shield = I'm dead.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • ortzhyortzhy Member Posts: 1,103 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    i know i;ve asked for an IWIN button, you really shouldnt have! Thank you for the overload slots on drow gear!
  • levdbronsteinlevdbronstein Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Combat is not the only way to play pvp. Trappers can be quite effective but you have to play them as trappers: you cannot run into a mob swinging and expect to walk out. The point of having three path to choose from is just that: you have to make a choice and this means accepting the advantages and disadvantages of your choice. It seems to me that those who want to go back to mod 3 HRs want to have their cake and eat it too.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    ... I WAS ABOUT TO SAY SOMETH BUT I STOPPED ...

i am pretty mega sure you have a schedule with all this updates
    and the DROW pvp sets were about to come after module 5. but you made it in a way to come faster... well i cannot say anything more. just GG and lets hope in the near future we will have some balance for classes in pvp and new types of pvp.
  • zvieriszvieris Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    So nothing for GWF for mod 5? I find it funny how fast devs reacted and buffed the tearing up CWs but GWFs are being completely and utterly ignored.

1. A nerf to intimidation which more and more looks uncalled for due to every other class getting boosted extensively.
    2. Hillarious changes to instigator with the excuse of making him a hybrid but forgetting to mention it's a hybrid between a dps class and a mushroom due to ZERO survivability?
    3. And the thousands of times people told you to revise the stacks system of the destroyer because we hate it with a passion and you still do nothing??

Stop ignoring us!
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • ikapamkikapamk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 294 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Combat is not the only way to play pvp. Trappers can be quite effective but you have to play them as trappers: you cannot run into a mob swinging and expect to walk out. The point of having three path to choose from is just that: you have to make a choice and this means accepting the advantages and disadvantages of your choice. It seems to me that those who want to go back to mod 3 HRs want to have their cake and eat it too.

Agreed. Also, PvE trapper and PvP trapper use completely different encounters. It takes some good planning, but it's very possible.
    Carpe Jugulum
    Sharra Del'Armgo - SW Trapper Hybrid HR
    Ogghra Bar'Ghuzumn - MI Scoundrel TR
    Vænna Thrymskjöldr - IV Protector GF
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    In terms of pvp balance, vs other classes trapper and combat are both good. Combat has the advantage of having an insane amount of healing (which needs a tone-down) and burst damage, while trapper has the advantage of dodges and shorter cooldowns. Trapper is probably better against other melee classes (exception of combat HRs), such as TR, GWF and GF, while combat hr has similar effectiveness because of the damage/healing, and tends to be better against ranged classes because of the huge burst and healing. The only noticeable difference against other classes is that trapper is better than combat against trs because of the mobility with lower cooldowns. However, trapper doesn't really stand a chance against combat in 1v1s.
    edited November 2014
    ralexinor wrote: »
    In terms of pvp balance, vs other classes trapper and combat are both good. Combat has the advantage of having an insane amount of healing (which needs a tone-down) and burst damage, while trapper has the advantage of dodges and shorter cooldowns. Trapper is probably better against other melee classes (exception of combat HRs), such as TR, GWF and GF, while combat hr has similar effectiveness because of the damage/healing, and tends to be better against ranged classes because of the huge burst and healing. The only noticeable difference against other classes is that trapper is better than combat against trs because of the mobility with lower cooldowns. However, trapper doesn't really stand a chance against combat in 1v1s.
    u are sayin some truth there..
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited November 2014

The primary reason why I'm going back to MoF. Mega nerf to pillar in mod 5, and no actions to improve it to compensate for the dependency of crits for spell storm.
  • charkanramoncharkanramon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Make viable the use of the skills Ice Terrain and Steal Time in pvp.

Ice Terrain: double the area of effect and reduce the damage to 20% of weapon damage.
    Steal Time: Add immunity to control when performing the skill.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

I'm kinda upset about this situation too.
    (´・ ω ・`)
    edited November 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I'm kinda upset about this situation too.

I have for a long time. I've been doing what I can to remind the devs in every feedback and give them a quick whisper when in the veyr rare times they come online.

Its been broken like this since mod 3. And once before in mod 2 before they fixed it then only for it to become broken again in the following mod.
    edited November 2014
    It's not cheap anyway. Even if you charge up on a non-agro'd mob you won't even proc EotS before you blast them with storm pillar, so you have to charge it up again to crit. Besides, it's a high-risk spell to use especially considering how SS CWs generate so much agro so you'll not be charging up pillar again anyway less you want to be CC'd to death in a dungeon delve.
    edited November 2014
    Bug: CW and TR (possible DC as well) DODGES

- At this time, after dodging there is a sizable time frame where you character gets "stuck", i.e. unable to chain a second dodge immediately. This is EASILY exploitable by throwing a CC at the end of the dodge, such as Frontline or Bull Charge. It will land with guaranteed results.

Please fix and make second dodge more responsive.

Also reported in the TR feedback.
    edited November 2014
    Bug: CW and TR (possible DC as well) DODGES

- At this time, after dodging there is a sizable time frame where you character gets "stuck", i.e. unable to chain a second dodge immediately. This is EASILY exploitable by throwing a CC at the end of the dodge, such as Frontline or Bull Charge. It will land with guaranteed results.

Please fix and make second dodge more responsive.

Also reported in the TR feedback.

Im pretty sure thats designed intentionally. As thats always existed with dodges. Dodges have never been a consistant spam of invincibility. That slight pause frame of vunerablility has always been there.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    storm fury: it procs way too often and from any type of dots including weapon enchantment leading to people dying in unfair ways.
    edited November 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    storm fury: it procs way too often and from any type of dots including weapon enchantment leading to people dying in unfair ways.

Yeah I posted a bug report about it. It is the same situation with Ferocious Reaction.

Sadly I think they will both go live.

Also without Storm Fury a CW cannot kill either HR or TR.
    edited November 2014
    Yeah I posted a bug report about it. It is the same situation with Ferocious Reaction.

Sadly I think they will both go live.

Also without Storm Fury a CW cannot kill either HR or TR.
    same with perfect bloodtheft

and you cannot dodge chain. after you dodge for some miliseconds you are immune to damage, both dc/cw/tr ...
    edited November 2014
    I think the CW is in a good place now compared to other classes except for TRs. We cant do anything against them and people calling for nerfs on our powers that actually does help us a bit against a TR (storm fury/stealtime).

On live the CW is stronger than a TR if played right, but we have to switch powers and run a setup only good against TRs and no other classes. But on the testshard, the TR is way out of line in both stealth and damage for a CW to be able to put up a fight. The fight is very one-sided.

Maybe a decent bonus for shield on TABB with the new PvP set could help with this. Trs get 30% extra stealth while the CW gets nothing since we have shield on TABB.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
    edited November 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    I think the CW is in a good place now compared to other classes except for TRs. We cant do anything against them and people calling for nerfs on our powers that actually does help us a bit against a TR (storm fury/stealtime).

On live the CW is stronger than a TR if played right, but we have to switch powers and run a setup only good against TRs and no other classes. But on the testshard, the TR is way out of line in both stealth and damage for a CW to be able to put up a fight. The fight is very one-sided.

Storm Fury needs a rework, its damage is too random, unpredictable and sometimes ridiculously high due to multiple procs.

We need something more reliable and helpful, without the huge procs that aren't even consistent and a matter of pure luck.
  • eyehateevery1eyehateevery1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Storm Fury needs a rework, its damage is too random, unpredictable and sometimes ridiculously high due to multiple procs.

We need something more reliable and helpful, without the huge procs that aren't even consistent and a matter of pure luck.

The fact that it only activates when we are at 50% hp , hits random targets and not the one you are focusing,make up for its damage. The fact that it works better against DOTs and DOT weapon enchantments is WAI . Those enchants have their pros and cons , just think about how TRs have been feeling when we are draining their stealth with Biles/Flamings . Its only natural that those enchants will work against you in some scenarios. And regarding the multiple hits , iirc Storm Fury has an ICD and thats why u cant proc it more than once per second (I have videos of 1v1s against TOP HRs -who also think that SF is ok and that ppl calling for nerfs on it are going for the free kills ONLY - and they showcase that even with their full dots on me, SF would proc on an average frequency of once per 1.5sec .
    TAKE AWAY ANYTHING FROM STORM FURY AND CWs ARE BACK TO MOD 2 without our Meatball this time . No CW will even queue for PvP that way (since qq from any other class has made half CWs' tools unusable)

YOU PPL SHOULD LOOK INTO WHY CHILLING ADVANTAGE DOESNT WORK (has never worked EVER) AND NOT ASK FOR NERFS to the few remaining powers that give CWs any solid ground to go into PvP . After all, when Storm Fury procs , ur half-way done to your victory against me , and it took you like 0.3% of your rotation to get me to 25k hp down from 50k hp AND I still have those nasty-YEAH BRUH NOT BROKEN AT ALL - Carefull Attack dots on me , so bringing some RANDOM pain into the mix isnt exactly what I would call unfair .
    Wanna see unfair? Go to IWP on the test server and watch 15k GS TRs obliterating any class with 25k gs . WAI ...
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014
    Storm Fury is the CW's only defense against TRs and HRs..... and BIS CWS still usually lose to them
    edited November 2014
    storm fury: six procs in 1 sec for 18k
    Here http://pastebin.com/3yic13eX
  • notsheriffsrsnotsheriffsrs Banned Users Posts: 396 Bounty Hunter
    edited November 2014

This is WAI.

:)
    edited November 2014
    Well that's what happens when you nerf the CW and make them dependent on features and feats for damage. Now they roll with storm fury to keep on top.
    edited November 2014
    this is wai.

:)

hilarious.
    edited November 2014

Well what does that say about the CW and TRs?
    When a TR wins easy against a CW even with storm fury.

Ive been saying the whole time that damage needs to move from our passives to our encounters. But they cant just remove the damage from the passives and not give it back another way that requires a bit more skill to use.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • levdbronsteinlevdbronstein Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hey all, we have made a couple of bug fixes to several things, and made some changes to improve Trapper gameplay slightly.
    • Hunter Ranger: Trapper: Thorned Roots: *REWORK* Now deals 40/80/120/160/200% of your weapon damage every second.

Bug: I tested this out just now and thorned roots were still working along mod-4 lines (ie 500% over life of roots). They also don't seem to be benefiting from control strength (ie the damage was distributed over 7 secs even while master trapper was active). I was using a combat dummy as a test, so there shouldn't have been any control immunity mucking with the effects
This discussion has been closed.