test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invoking the Gods (Quest)

itsbleonitsbleon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2015 in Bug Reports (PC)
(Since bug section couldn't respond and my ticket is still unsolved i will be posting here because maybe somobody can answer me)

Hello .
So I started to play Neverwinter with my friends.
I was lvl 17 and a friend asked me if I pray.
I didn't know what was that until he said me it was a quest that gives a skill to Invoking so you receive bonus and things.
I tried to take the quest from the lady he said he learned it.
The message I got was this one:

http://i.imgur.com/QWEcDyv.jpg

Now I don't have any quests at Sgt Knox to take and she only says that. By the way i'm level 20 right now.
I send already a ticket because at the time i couldn't post a new thread here, but now I can since my account isn't restricted from being a new one.
Thank you guys for your attention .
Post edited by itsbleon on

Comments

• naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Do you still have the quest in your journal? (Hit J to bring it up) Try dropping it and retaking it.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • kumalucakumaluca Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I have this same exact problem.Lvl 45.My other character uses it just fine,I have no quests at Knox,it's not in my journal.Any help would be appreciated.While searching around I have seen other people with this same exact problem and haven't seen any replies besides the post above me.
  • vrruivrrui Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same problem here. Already lvl 16 and cannot take the quest. Knox or Aralynn the Pious does not give any quest and Aralynn the Pious says that I have to be lvl 11 or above. Thanks in advance.
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for not caring or trying here.I have lost almost a month of invoking,coins and most of all experience.Ignored.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There was a change in a patch recently where you need to have completed certain parts of the quest storyline in order to be able to learn to invoke.

If you have skipped early game quests, you may need to finish them in order to access invocation.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As a reminder, bug reports are not usually responded to by devs unless more information is required. Thank you for your understanding.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • sk9413hksk9413hk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same problem here.
    r8EjiHS.jpg
    Those are my active quest and I have finished many quest given by Knox.
    No invoking quest can be seen when pressing "U".

Ur6R3CS.jpg
    VqQyLtg.jpg
    Yeah I am at level 26.
    Please fix it asap.

PLease fix it asap.
  • nitopreknitoprek Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same problem. Got 14 lev and can't activate invokation quest. Other character quests like crafting and auctioneer works quite fine. Any solution for this problem? Besides that in game bug report seems not working! I tried to send bug report twice and it havnt been registred in my report tracking.
  • raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I did this on a character that was level 12-13 and it worked as intended. Something has to be a miss because this was just a couple days ago when I did it. And that character was level 10 since last August!

As far as I can tell, you are probably missing something, just what I have no clue. I've done all of the intro quests and everything but racial quest so far (if that even counts).
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
    edited September 2014
    My clue:

There is part of "Character Progression Quests" contains all the tutorials about functions of the game. Alll quest are triggered by character level. So when I reached 10th level I got "Domination PvP" quest. Then I went for long foundry quest and came back with level 12th and srg Knox had only "The Broker" quest. This is what we missed probably.
    Without triggered Aralynn the Pious says "come back when you reach 11th level" despise the fact I'm already 14.

I will post screens of journal later so you can see progression.

However I was hoping to get some advice or help form game support!!

Otherwise I resign for all other unfinished quests and we will see if missing quest will appear
    edited September 2014
    ok I have reached level 15 and got srom srg Knox - "How Enchanting" quest so next quest in character progression path

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/List_of_quests

Any clue how to fix it ?!?

The other thing I have used bug report in game and nothing has been registered....
    edited September 2014
    Miracle have happend... Yesterday before when I have finished my game nothing change... today srg Knox gave me quest... What evere happened THANKS very much!!!

By the way i started new character and I got additional bag in blackwater district. As it turned out in my first character I have some how missed drop with bag. Is there any other way to get it ?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The fact that you are missing that first quest bag indicates that you didn't actually *do* the Blacklake quest line, which also prevents you from getting the invoke quest. You have to finish Blacklake before you can learn to invoke (a Mod 4 change), and I would guess this is the problem for like 99% of the players going "wah, why I no can invokes?"
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited September 2014
    The fact that you are missing that first quest bag indicates that you didn't actually *do* the Blacklake quest line, which also prevents you from getting the invoke quest. You have to finish Blacklake before you can learn to invoke (a Mod 4 change), and I would guess this is the problem for like 99% of the players going "wah, why I no can invokes?"

As it turned out that's true I missed two final quests in balckwater.... However what was really confusing I got next story line quests in Tower District from srg Knox... That was the reason I haven't realized missing quests in Balckwater district. Next thing was atcivating other Personal Quests for next levels... so this was the reason I thought that was bug. Anyway this is lesson for others don't take too much foundary quests in the beginning and stick to story line till level 10 :D
    edited September 2014
    Area questing is offered by level, not based on completion of prior areas. You can skip stuff, but MUST finish Blacklake in order to begin invoking and professions, as an anti-botting measure.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited September 2014
    Area questing is offered by level, not based on completion of prior areas. You can skip stuff, but MUST finish Blacklake in order to begin invoking and professions, as an anti-botting measure.

Hmm... I have add this demend to wiki qest list:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/List_of_quests#

now it's clear... before there was just level demand. So I thought teher is only level trigger.
    edited September 2014
    You have to finish Blacklake before you can learn to invoke (a Mod 4 change), and I would guess this is the problem for like 99% of the players going "wah, why I no can invokes?"

I have finished blacklake and every early quest following a guide step by step and I still can't get invoke.I'm level 50.
    edited September 2014
    kumaluca wrote: »
    I have finished blacklake and every early quest following a guide step by step and I still can't get invoke.I'm level 50.

I thought so too... but as it turned out I missed some quest's. Do some double check with quest list from wiki /Blacklacke/tower district/character progression/ with your journal.

Still it's assumption that finishing all quest in Blacklake dose the trick. As I mentioned elier I got "Invoking the Gods" in the morning (day before I didn't have it) before I even realized about some missing quests. It might be support intervention. Unfortunately in in game bug report system neither on forum I don't have any message from support group. So this is still mystery ;] So if you are 200% sure you have made all main story line quest's use in game bug report.

Good luck
  • jabbathehut2014jabbathehut2014 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Hello. A friend of mine is level 28 and cannot find the quest for the invoking of the gods.

Blacklake cannot be finished, I think because his level is too high and he canot receive the quests to finish blacklake.

That is the reason for which he cannot even have the quest from Sg. Knox.

So, is he condemned to not invoke at all?
    edited November 2014
    Blacklake should be possible to finish. Simply keep speaking to Hawthidon until he runs out of quests, then keep speaking to Zoey Fargo until she runs out of quests. Then return to Knox.

Your friend should only have outlevelled the ! markers, not the quests themselves.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• livlifeuntamedlivlifeuntamed Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    I am level 26 and having the same issue, never been able to pray to my deity, can't get the quest. I submitted a ticket and was told to post in the forum instead.....then someone in the forum told me to submit a ticket. So I feel like I'm just getting the run-around and still losing out on a lot of experience. :confused:
  • wildhawkman2kwildhawkman2k Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Same problem here!! they still don't have an answer?
  • wildhawkman2kwildhawkman2k Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Nope i guess Beckylunatic is right have to go back to blacklake and finish a quest, after that I was able to get the quest.