test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spending Your Overflow Experience Wisely

khimera906khimera906 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 898 Arc User
edited October 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Overflow experience is a pretty nice feature to have. Getting power points after level 60 gives us a lot more room to experiment with powers and class features without having to respec your character, and it gives you options for a more diverse arsenal when you go out adventuring in Neverwitner - awesome stuff ... but the usefulness of this feature ends here.
I don't know what you may get - Aquamarines, Peridots, AD, whatever - the fact is, the only thing you want is those power points. Unless you get those, you get nothing.
What I wanna propose is to remove all the potential rewards, except for the power points, and replace them with tokens. Instead of a Peridot, or Enchantments, etc, you would get a random number of tokens (2 to 5 tokens, maybe), and the occasional power point, just like in the current system.
What could you buy with these tokens? Well, how about all the merchandise under the Consumable tab in the Wondrous Bazaar? How about companion upgrades, mount upgrades, Dungeon Chest Keys, Resonance Stones and Refining Stones of different qualities, or some other new stuff that I'm not gonna gonna bother to think of right now? Maaaybe ... dare I say it? Some Zen Store items? Stop it with the crazy talk, please! :rolleyes:
Everything would cost a number of tokens, proportional to its value/usefulness, of course, and you would have the wonderful option to get something that you actually want and/or need. As far as I'm concerned, all the items you would buy with these tokens can be bound to character/account, and of course I'm not suggesting they should be removed from the Bazaar or where ever they may be right now. We would just get an alternative way to earn them.
I think this would be a more fair and more satisfying reward system, if the prices are kept within reason - Peridots are worthless, don't make them cost more then 1-2 tokens.

Thank you for reading. What do you guys think?

Cheers!
I hate dancing with Lady Luck. She always steps on my toes.
Post edited by khimera906 on

Comments

• johnperqjohnperq Member Posts: 77
    edited October 2014
    We need more ad sinks, not less.
    Cryptic needs more money, not less.
    Oswald <Semper Fidelis> - http://semper-fidelis.guildlaunch.com
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I am happy with whatever I get, just glad we get something. Although I admit that I am disappointed when it is anything other than a power point, at least it's something that I didn't have before, and I get some use out of whatever it is.. even if that usage is very small.

But eventually the power points will become irrelevant. All of my chars are very close to having all powers at rank 3. So it would at least be nice if once that happens, something replaces the points as reward, as it will then be truly nothing when you do get one.. haha.. good thing they are rare, then.

I like the idea of tokens, but seeing as they are XP generated, they should always be used only to upgrade something.. mount or companion; refinement points or wards/marks.

Edit- When I am done with power-points, I will be very happy to remove all those rank 7 and 8 Azures from my utility slots and slot some Darks and/or Hoard enchantments. =D
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can't get more than 20 power points via the experience rewards. So once your power tree is maxed out, you wouldn't get any more power points.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    You can't get more than 20 power points via the experience rewards. So once your power tree is maxed out, you wouldn't get any more power points.

Of course you are assuming they will never raise the lvl cap and/or extend the power tree.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    Actually... I'm now collecting Power Points, as I have everything at max rank, and nothing to spend them on.

(Perhaps if we could use these excess power Points to buy extra heroic feats, 5 or 10 per feat sems about right.)

NO WAY.

This will slowly lead to veterans of the game having maxed out feats. It will be completely overpowered and the newbies will need to farm 3 years to catch up.

Just imagine an HR with full Combat AND Archery trees lol. Or GWf with Destro&Senti, or CW with Oppressor&Thaum.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    No, no, no... HEROIC feats... not Paragon.

But then that would take away from the bonus for being Human... Perhaps 10 Power points per feat (Max of 5, for a needed extra 50 PP to fill)
    Ooops I missed that part sorry.

Still OP-ish and favoring veteran players heavily. We need to somehow reduce the gap between people not enlarge it.
  • misery70misery70 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Would like to see a higher lev cap instead. But if they want to make money. Sell things like a coin that would add 1 point to strength or something like that. Max 5 points in each attribute. People would pay 5 bucks a point I am sure. People love to tweak toons.