test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Animation concerns

hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
edited October 2014 in The Library
I had a conversation with a few CWs of my guild yesterday and most didn't seem satisfied with the walking animation while in combat, and the standing animation out of combat. Just wanted to know your opinion about this.

By the way, you can choose more than one.
(´・ ω ・`)
Post edited by hefisdo on

Comments

• relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Running while in combat. Why? I'll repeat myself, but here it goes: I don't appreciate my beloved CW looking like she's wearing loaded nappy. I don't mind jumping animation, it looks a bit zombie-like but it's fine. The only thing I can't stomach is this combat stance movement. Awww gooood it's brutality!
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    only issue I have is that when CW's (all classes for that matter) are standing, they just look like a load of statues. they could at least turn their heads once in a while, if not randomly, then when another player or NPC walks by within a certain distance.

also, to lessen the monotony, when a player is idling, why not allow player characters to enter a state of semi-automation, such as stretching, yawning, dancing etc once in a while. it would be nice to have the option to pre-select from the list of emotes as to what idle animations to use.

the way it is now, it's just boring and static, just instances full of breathing statues. the head tracking, I don't know why this isn't already there, character head tracking happens when mounted.

I could accept a more flattering stance when moving in combat, but that is of secondary importance to me.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pretty much all animations are horribad, starting with the ridiculous crab walk.

Actually, it's so bad they are making your CW look like a full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    By the way, I voted in the standing animation while out of combat.

The reason is that the pose of the character is too 'heroic' for a wizard, and I can't imagine anyone in real life standing still like the CWs do here. It just doesn't seem like a normal person, it feels like a statue or something.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • jerrockojerrocko Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Some of them are rather lame-looking, like combat stance/walking, and one power has a stance like in Karate Kid which is kind of feeble looking, but the rest are OK enough. Get rid of the loud-grunt-yells on flame and lightning circles, though, it's too loud and crude.
    Jerrocko,
    Leader of the Packs
  • jerrockojerrocko Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Pretty much all animations are horribad, starting with the ridiculous crab walk.

Actually, it's so bad they are making your CW look like a full <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

"<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" is an offensive term.
    Jerrocko,
    Leader of the Packs
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    jerrocko wrote: »
    "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" is an offensive term.

It's Internet slang for something stupid, extremely annoying, lame and ret... ooops.

Nobody is trying to pick on real people with diseases that they aren't guilty of having IRL. It's just how the Internet works, dunno.