test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Community] Review Request Thread (Forms/Spreadsheets)

Comments

• ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    Hey, I was away for a while, it seems there were finally some requests I might have missed.

@karranor - just be consequent. I'll remove the @ from handle in your reviews.

@kingdutka - it's not what I meant when I said "remember to play your quest before putting it on the list".

And one quite big word: until I stop chasing money I won't be preparing new site for our system. However I'm also not playing and lost the will to maintain this thread too. Is anyone who would like to take care of that? I can guarantee it doesn't take much time. Write me on PM regarding that.

PS. Ephirol - you should be hanged for the length of this description. I cut it down with no remorse.
    PS2. I'm still not removing anyone from the list, even though half a month has elapsed for some of people.
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • karranorkarranor Member Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Main(s): Kyruel Foecrusher OP, Meriki The Mad CW, Mortalis TR, Gorebringer GWF, Karranor HR
    Loads of videos: Neverwinter Video Guides!
    Find Neverwinter Game Guides on DDM's Realm!

The Fyxt RPG combines digital convenience with the fun of a tabletop RPG. Play the Fyxt RPG now for free!

Play Smarter, Not Harder! ~ Karranor
  • ephirollephiroll Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    ash4ll wrote: »
    PS. Ephirol - you should be hanged for the length of this description. I cut it down with no remorse.

Better too much than too little. :)
  • nexdominusnlnexdominusnl Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    Hey guys,

I would love to see some reviews/feedback on my first quest i've made so it can go live.

Author: @nexdominusnl
    Quest short code: NW-DIGDCHTHQ
    Quest name: LOTR - Chasing Amdir

If you post your quest's short code in review I will review it too.

Thanks in advance.
  • ephirollephiroll Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2013
    There's not much activity on this one lately. Come check out the critique group here if you like, some of the same people.

http://scribesenclave.guildlaunch.com/forums/index.php?gid=329580
  • harbinger815harbinger815 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited September 2013
    Hey there, Ashally here.

I'm browsing this board for like one month and found out that amount of threads stating "my quest needs reviews til it's eligible, will trade" or "need feedback, pliaz halp" is too darn high. So, why not one sticky (or forever bumped) with permanent flow of quests needing review?

For some time there was lack of action within this thread, so I'd like to redirect you to some initiative that I highly approve and seems to work: Scribe's enclave. Before I make changes to the current system feel free to use Scribe's enclave.
    I might not return here (I hope otherwise though), but wanted at least give newcomers a slight knowledge.
    Of course, you can still provide feedback to people here on the list but my updating schedule of review me list might be slightly longer than usual.

Here are the links:

FORM - I need reviews/plays!
    SPREADSHEET - Play me!
    FORM - Give feedback on quest
    SPREADSHEET - Feedbacks
    STATISTICS - How long til my quest is gone?

Rules:
    1. Use the first form to apply
    2. Once you've applied, review quest from the "Play me" list
    3. Posting feedback is obligatory
    4. After you review and post feedback in 2nd form I'll put your quest into the "Play me" list.
    5. You have 3 days to review again if you want to keep your quest on the list
    6. If you review a couple of quests in the row, your quests existence in "Play me" will be extended by another 2 days additively. Eg. you reviewed 4 quests, your quest will stay here for 8 days.

FAQ:
    Q: Do I have to post full feedback of the quest?
    A: No! If everything was said in quest review, simply fill in the number of stars you've put to the quest. I need to know it so that I can keep track on how long should I keep your quest in tab.

Q: I added feedback, where did it go?
    A: It's here. It will go there immediately or after a while, depending on google servers

Q: I want to have 2 of my quests to be reviewed. What should I do?
    A: I want to keep this thread fair. I can't double your gains because you put two quests. Time limit would apply to only one quest. There are 3 possible solutions:
    1) Use two slightly different nicks for your quests. That way you'll accumulate uptime for either of quests
    2) Put one quest at a time. After the time has elapsed insert second quest and I'll "restart" timer.
    3) Again, put one quest at a time. After some time ask me to change the quest to another one (with provided short code etc.)

Q: My quests time has elapsed, but I want it back! What do I do?
    A: Fill in the form again (your quest info has landed here) and review a couple of quests.

Q: What if someone sends anonymous flame?
    A: I delete it, no worries.

Q: When using spreadsheet I was asked to login to my gmail account. Do I have to do that?
    A: No, just reload the page. Logging in to your gmail and leaving "allways be logged in" is more convenient, since it won't ask anymore.

Q: I added my feedback, but it doesn't want to show in the spreadsheet? What is happening?
    A: It's unfortunate way how google forms work. Data is stored first in their summaries, then it's sent to spreadsheets. However if I want to check if you've added any quest, I can simply lookup for your nick in the summaries section.

Q: Why can't we check ourselves the summary section?
    A: I don't want you to browse between pile of useless data. However if you wish to see it, here is the link.

Q: Someone has written feedback about my quest but didn't actually play it.
    A: Report it to me, I'll remove him immediately.

Q: Why are we using google forms?
    A: It's the quickest and one of the easiest tools aviable for free.

Q: Can you make "review me" and "feedbacks" in the same spreadsheet document?
    A: It is done now. Check out the links above.

Q: I'd like to change some informations regarding my quest, eg. comment, quest name, short code. What should I do?
    A: There are 2 ways: contact me via PM or on this forum with informations regarding what would you like to change OR you can apply again. I update informations in the spreadsheet according to the informations you have posted in "I need reviews" form.

PS. Waiting for Admins to share API for foundry, so that we can get access to reviews of users and their quests.

Rules for sorting:
    1. Once you've applied, your quests lies on bottom of the list for 1 day.
    2. After that one day our quest (reviewed)/day ratio is counted, eg. If you've reviewed 5 quests and 48 hours have elapsed since your first review, you will be at 2.5 ration
    3. Quests are sorted by this ratio descending.
    4. List is updated every evening.

What can you read from it:
    1) 1 (one) review is not enough for your quest to recieve reviews
    2) If you keep steady rate of quests per day, you'll keep your position on list
    3) You are rewarded by reviewing a lot of quests when you barely applied
    And by barely I mean first few days

Who does it punish:
    1) Those that want reviews on the first day of their reviewing trip (therefore gaining ludicrous ratio for simply reviewing 1 quest)
    2) Those that want to review a couple of quests and go away (you'll drop down quickly)

Who gains:
    1) Those that regularly review
    2) Those that review a lot
    3) Freshmen that review more than they recieve (they get higher places easier)

dont get it
  • ash4llash4ll Member Posts: 231 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2013
    dont get it
    I'm sorry.

BTW. Noone is interested in maintaining this thread? That's sad. Because I have too little time.
    Review trades - Need to trade review? Read first post for further info.
    Siegebreaker - NW-DGDPWV2U5 - story about the ambush, escape and great rescue of the city.
    I'm a streamer and I know it!
  • shannondoughertyshannondougherty Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    Well, I sent two applications, one for the site and one for my quest... I just hope it really helps out.
  • darudgedarudge Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2014
    Could use some reviews on my quest

Boramore has a tail! @Darudge
    Code: NW-DMLL3PX23
    Estimated time: 25-30mins (solo)
    starts @ Protector's Enclave

Tyvm :-)
  • thenineteenththenineteenth Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2014
    Please review my quest. It a short one and my first attempt:

Drinks in Zesaera @thenineteenth
    Code: NW-DGJS4FMTU
    Estimated time: 10-15 mins (solo)
    starts @ Whispering Caverns

Thanks
  • epharmdepharmd Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hi everyone! I have been playing since January and have had a few foundry quests that I have been working on. While I'm still working on something more comprehensive I put together a short dungeon delve type adventure. Initially it was just a test of the foundry tools and some concepts but it evolved a bit since then and I've polished it with enough lore/story to keep things interesting while not making it mandatory for those simply looking for a hack'n slash. My tests in both the foundry and with a couple characters on live put the play time at 15-20 minutes for those following the quest objectives and closer to 30 minutes for those looking to explore. As my first foundry quest I expect that I made a some rookie mistakes and would appreciate any suggestions or impressions!

Foundry quest name: Frozen Folly
    Code: NW-DEVSLU387
    Estimated play time: 15-30 minutes (solo)

Thanks everyone!
    Foundry Quests:
    Frozen Folly (NW-DEVSLU387, NW-DNETAP6GR)
    Bargain Hunting (NW-DNFK5E9HB)

Draylor - 60 CW
    Artek - 60 GF
    Treponema - 60 DC
    Tymber - 60 GWF
    Borellia - 60 TR
    Leptospira - 45 HR
  • markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    Haven't seen any movement on this for a week and it doesn't look like much has been done even over the last year.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In case everyone missed the edit on the first page...
    For some time there was lack of action within this thread, so I'd like to redirect you to some initiative that I highly approve and seems to work: Scribe's enclave. Before I make changes to the current system feel free to use Scribe's enclave.
    I might not return here (I hope otherwise though), but wanted at least give newcomers a slight knowledge.

Me thinks this review mechanism is "pushing up the daisies."
  • daikenurmouthdaikenurmouth Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So i guess the Foundry(and maybe the game) is pretty much dead these days?
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No, quite far from it actually. In fact, there is a contest being held at the moment.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • radiouronradiouron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Name: The Ruins of Faron @Skelehunta
    Code: NW-DTEANPCBK
    Time: 16 minutes
    I intentionally left my quest short. Got an idea you want to see added to the quest? Leave a comment, suggestions must relate to story. I will add the suggestion and leave a short comment in the quest so people know who wanted it added. If it takes off, I plan for it to be community built. Built by me, inspired by you.
  • krazypyrokrazypyro Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hi I go by the Name Krazy most of the time im trying to get the Foundry Author achievement done quickly and help others who need to get the high number of quests reviewed so i ask that you please try my Achievement Farm/Grinder it is 15 quests in under a minute (2mins if you are realy slow) and is still in beta so it counts for reviewing 15 beta missions the short code is NWS-DAGI2GYJ3 and if you tip the 500 AD max on the first or last one than it helps you get the Patron Of The Arts Achievement so please give it a go tip the max and rate 5 stars (so it helps me aswell)
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    krazypyro wrote: »
    Hi I go by the Name Krazy most of the time im trying to get the Foundry Author achievement done quickly and help others who need to get the high number of quests reviewed so i ask that you please try my Achievement Farm/Grinder it is 15 quests in under a minute (2mins if you are realy slow) and is still in beta so it counts for reviewing 15 beta missions the short code is NWS-DAGI2GYJ3 and if you tip the 500 AD max on the first or last one than it helps you get the Patron Of The Arts Achievement so please give it a go tip the max and rate 5 stars (so it helps me aswell)

Yeah, 'cuz most authors here in the Foundry section want to encourage and help farm/grind quests proliferate as much as possible and help people get "foundry loot" for dropping a mob on a map and calling it an adventure.
  • mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Dumathoin's Lullaby BETA
    NW-DP6DHCAXO

The Bookwyrms of Candlekeep, apprentices all studying at the famous library, are taking a field trip! When one of them finds "Dumathoin's Lullaby" cryptically etched on a map, their curiosity gets the best of them and they set out to find the meaning of these words. The only catch - they're hardly what any would call "adventurers." Who will aide them in this quest of discovery?
    "This is a fine night to go jumping down dark holes just to see what is at the bottom, wouldn't you agree?"
    opu5qx.jpg

Hey gang, so this is my first post-hiatus submission. This time around, I went in with the objective of making something that was easily repeatable as a daily while still putting some solid effort into keeping it visually striking and unique. There's about as much story as a Dungeon or Skirmish - meaning it is there, but largely optional and very straightforward.

What you can expect:
    • Two difficulty settings. Easy, for Low DPS characters, and Challenging
    • A fully custom map
    • Optional "checkpoints" to return to camp if desired.

What kind of feedback I would find most useful:
    • Thoughts on combat balance. What works, what really doesn't.
    • Does the story, condensed as it is, make sense? Did you have any questions at the end, if you followed along?
    • And obviously, thought I tested for this myself a few times, is there something that is straight up broken?
    c447.png
  • renossaurorenossauro Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hi, everyone! I'm new here and to the Foundry.
    This is my first quest and campaign.

Campaign: The Black Deck - NWS-DFSIZQISV / @renossauro
    Quest: A CardCaptor Rises
    Code: NW-DDEUCBWIY
    Estimated time: 20-40 minutes (depends on exploring)
    Medium Reading / Medium Combat (Most optional) / Heavy Puzzles / Light Humor

This is a campaign loosely based on Cardcaptor Sakura.
    You are able to become a CardCaptor and seal special magical beings called Black Cards, which were created by Klaus Black ages ago. Together, they are known as The Black Card. There are 52 cards and the first quest lets you capture 8 cards.

I appreciate any kind of feedback and I'm willing to trade quest reviews. ^^

Thanks in advance.
  • valhir86valhir86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi there. Released my foundry 10 Minutes ago. Would be nice if you could play and review it and gimme some Feedback and some hints I may not know.

Would be really nice though.

Quest: Task of Gods - Tempus' Challenge
    Code: NW-DEUOM8GS6
    Estimated time: around 15-25 minutes
    Light Reading (Most optional) / Light-Heavy Combat / Light Puzzles / Roleplay

"You were invited by a tribe of tundra barbarians to join their ritual of Tempus as a hero. You should hurry, because it's a rare event and a great honor to be chosen. You shouldn't miss that."
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Task of Gods
    I played with my level 60 DC. I thought this was a nice little area quest. The second map isn’t as interesting as the first so if you spend more time on it that is what I would recommend working on. I would also recommend adding music and sound effects.
    My detailed notes are below if you are interested.

First objective: Traditionally Icewind Dale is spelled without a hyphen between the two words

First Map:
    -I would recommend adding some music or sounds.

-Some nice details to make the camp seem lived in, overall a good set up. This includes the NPCs who are wandering/patrolling in the area and interacting with the items.

-It was a little odd not to see a space between “Tundra” and “Barbarian” in the names of the locals. If you are concerned about it the client can handle spaces in names without any trouble.

-When speaking to Sheila Sunmark the first response has a typo in it: “Yes, that will be finde”. I think you meant “fine”?

-In my first conversation with Korvan his last line is a little confusing. He says “Though just heroes are allowed to fulfill this ritual”. Do you mean that only heroes may do this OR that heroes who are just may do this? Or both? Yay English modifier placement problems……

-I’m guessing you are still working on this as the Titanic option wasn’t available? Also, a GREAT name for probably selecting a stupid option, heh. In the line for Titanic “partys” should be “parties”.

Second Map:
    -In my first conversation with Gortav he says “applease”. I think you may have been starting with “appease” and then halfway through switched to “please”? So you’ll want to make it one or the other.

-this map wasn’t as interesting as the first. It seemed like there was a lot of running through very similar rooms. It is very difficult to make caves interesting. Maybe shorten it slightly?

-it was hard to see the way up to the final chest. Maybe add some more lights by the steps?

-You have a typo in your Author’s Note: “IThanks” instead of “Thanks”
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • valhir86valhir86 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    @melinden: Thanks for the quick reply. As you can see, english is not my first language, so I am very grateful for your corrections.

I corrected the "Icewind-Dale" thing and some spelling mistakes listed above.

Titanic should be available, are you sure it isn't?

I'll open up a thread for that quest.
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Hi,
    I have an old foundry that i want to polish more up.
    [Halloween] Care of graves
    Foundry-Code: NW-DMSOMS6KE

It is a combat foundry with a bit of story and some suprises. I made it for a german halloween contest and translated it later into english. i still need some plays to get it as a daily foundry, but most likely i need some feedback.
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
    edited December 2014
    Hi Karakla,

I played with my level 60 DC, appropriately enough. I like ghost stories and this was a good one. I wanted to know more about the story. I’m not sure if I missed it but I wanted to know why the names on the grave matched the one on my letter and why the necromancers were targeting this family. Also, why had someone tried to deface the one headstone? I would be really interested in being able to find out the answers to those questions.

Since you specifically noted this was a translated quest I’ve included some text suggestions in my review.
    In the introduction to the quest I would recommend:

Greetings,
    I ask you herewith a small favor. Go to the private cemetery of the Ascott family which is next to the Neverdeath cemetery. Normally our private gardener Yorick takes care of it but he has been missing for the last few days. Please look for him and while you are at it, care for the graves and the crypt.

Private Cemetery:
    -I liked that all the undead had names. It certainly made me feel bad for them!
    -At the tortured man I would recommend: “He died a long and painful death” in the third line. I would also add “been” to “dead very long” to the last line: “It seems he has not been dead very long”
    -when fighting Yorick the quest text says “Send Yorick back to Heel” instead of “to Hell”
    -the sound is very good
    -hmm, I read all the names on the graves and something seems very strange here….
    -the necromancers at the cauldron were yelling at me in German still. Although I suppose they could be German necromancers
    -the Crypt Key from Yorick’s backpack is still in German

Family Crypt:

-I like that it is in black and white, not many Authors use it
    -When returning to Neverwinter “Portal Back” is still in German.

Thanks for the quest!
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    edited December 2014
    Thank you for your review, after the holidays i will fix it :)
    plat.png
    Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!
  • lvfaylvfay Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Hi I'm new to the foundry, completed my first quest a little while ago and would really appreciate someone taking a look at it.

Quest title - Unexplained Disappearance
    Foundry code - NW-DECL8P7FR
    Average play time - I'd say about 20 minutes - give or take
    Quest type - Investigation - lots of dialogue and some combat - 2 maps

There is a good/evil quest decision at the end. I'm very open to honest criticism so be as OCD as you like with the level design - dialogue, etc. Thank you in advance!
    Unexplained Disappearence - NW-DECL8P7FR
  • idiotamongusidiotamongus Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    I love choice based quests. I'll be straight in with a review.

RE-POST:

Detailed analysis:

For a first Foundry it was a nice quest.

•For a first Foundry it was a nice story. Short but decent.
    •Exterior map design was excellent.
    •The general gameplay was short. Had some straight forward clue hunting which could be interesting for players interested in this kind of thing.
    •Liked the idea of good - evil choices.
    Neverwinter
    STO
    Smite
    SWTOR
  • lvfaylvfay Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Thank you idiotamongus! That was fast. :)
    Unexplained Disappearence - NW-DECL8P7FR
    edited January 2015
    Unexplained Disappearance

Hi Lfay, welcome to the foundry! It is nice to have you with us!

I played with my level 60 DC. This quest was well constructed and didn’t have any major errors that many new authors make. I thought it had a classic D&D adventure module feel to it. I’m looking forward to you next project!

Detailed notes are below:

Carol’s Camp
    -The wisps and other effects are a nice touch
    -The respawn fire could use to be tilted slightly to match up with the terrain. You also have some bush details that could also be tilted,
    -Adding some sound (ambient or music) on this map would be nice.
    -adding more shrubs and flower patches would help make the forest seem more natural, imagine the understorey in most forests you’ve seen
    -Adding some spaces in the breaks in Carol’s dialogue will help readability. If you copied your text from a word document (which is great, btw!) then the spaces get lost and you need to add them back.
    -the following behavior and the wandering behavior of some of the encounters was very well done for a first foundry
    -an invisible clicky with a contact at the burning bodies would be an interesting tidbit. Did the orcs burn them? Is there anything unusual about the bodies? Edit: OK, I see. Maybe only make those details appear when that Objective is in Progress?
    -the Dryad’s glade is very nice! Another music trigger or sound in this area would help
    -in the Dryad’s conversation tree you have a typo” The Vilagers were farmers…” 3rd box in, I think? In same conversation “preech” should be “preach”
    -the map transition of the hole still says “Go to Next Map”. Among many of the authors here that isn’t preferred. Adding some custom text like “descend into the unknown” would be better.

Foulspawn Warren
    -this map was well done, maybe add a Boss Victory music trigger when the cleric dies? Also ambient sound before and after would be nice.
This discussion has been closed.