test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

artifact weapon second offense slot bugged?

cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
edited November 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I managed to get my artifact weapon to legendary, and in doing so, unlocked the second offense slot.

in the first slot, I had a rank 8 radiant enchantment, and in my inventory, I had a rank 6. I slotted the rank 6 into the second offense slot, and in doing so, it has replaced the rank 8 in the first slot, and I have seemingly lost it.

it isn't in my inventory anywhere.

is this a known bug, or a new one that has only affected me? anyone else experienced it had a postive outcome from it?
Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
Post edited by cerberusxll on

Comments

• godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    is this a known bug, or a new one that has only affected me? anyone else experienced it had a postive outcome from it?

I have seen the exact same thing being reported before (altho in a non-civil way, and thus instead the thread's closed) and the thread starter is being called making an "accusation" by one of the community mod that "took care" of it..
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    hmm. I'm not making accusations anywhere, so if this thread is locked, it's a ridiculous action to take. I've just lost nearly 400k AD worth of enchantment and I want to know if and how I can get it back.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
    edited October 2014
    Yes.. i wasnt refering to your thread. I was simply referring to what has happened before.
    I did mention that the previous report was in a non-civil way.. and that leads to it being of an 'accusatory' nature.
    (altho in his case, he lost a rank 10 radiant... so, i understand why he was so pissed off)

Your thread is fully civil and i'm of the belief it will be properly noted this time.
    edited October 2014
    do you know if he ever got it back?
    edited October 2014
    No, i dont.. The thread was locked and there was no follow up to this matter..

But i think it's better if you provide more info on this. What exactly is the legendary artifact weapon that got you this problem?
    If this kinda thing is to affect ALL the legendary weapons, I'm sure there are gonna be a lot more people reporting it.
    edited October 2014
    weapon is chilling eye of golden dragon. when I dragged the enchantment into slot 2, the apply enchantment window popped up as usual. I selected the R6 enchant in the second slot and clicked to submit. instead of committing to slot 2, it went to slot 1, replacing the R8 that was already slotted there.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

No, apparently it has always been present in artifact weapons. I lost an R9 this way on my SW. I think the only safe thing to do is to remove all enchants before upgrading to legendary, as it's rather buggy. Putting them into an empty weapon seems to work.

I was not amused, but this is far from the more irksome bug that this game afflicts me with :D
    edited October 2014
    did you ever get the issue resolved?
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    did you ever get the issue resolved?

Nope, just had to suck it down, as per usual. I suspect that the ingame bug reporting tool is buggy, as I didn't even get an auto-ignore response to my bug report.
  • nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I cannot reproduce this issue, and I have multiple Legendary Artifact weapons and belts. I have even swapped out Enchantments (usually Slot 2, but also Slot 1) a few times and done so on Preview as well.

So you'll need to describe what exactly you are doing that makes this reproducible (ideally on Owlbear shard)

My method, which never failed me, is if slot 2 is empty, right click artifact weapon, select manage item enchantments, drag enchantment from inventory to that slot, then click commit.
    edited October 2014
    It seems to happen when you have just upgraded the weapon, when you try to drop a gem into the new, empty slot. In my case, there was a Perfect Vorpal and a rank 9 radiant in the other slots, and I was adding a second R9 radiant. I was upgrading Golden Dragon's Pride.

Apparently, if you strip all the gems out before upgrading, this avoids the bug- but that's just hearsay, and should be taken with a pinch of salt.
    edited October 2014
    nwnghost wrote: »
    I cannot reproduce this issue, and I have multiple Legendary Artifact weapons and belts. I have even swapped out Enchantments (usually Slot 2, but also Slot 1) a few times and done so on Preview as well.

So you'll need to describe what exactly you are doing that makes this reproducible (ideally on Owlbear shard)

My method, which never failed me, is if slot 2 is empty, right click artifact weapon, select manage item enchantments, drag enchantment from inventory to that slot, then click commit.

I already did
    weapon is chilling eye of golden dragon. when I dragged the enchantment into slot 2, the apply enchantment window popped up as usual. I selected the R6 enchant in the second slot and clicked to submit. instead of committing to slot 2, it went to slot 1, replacing the R8 that was already slotted there.

only thing I can add to that, is that I dragged the enchant across from my inventory directly into the slot on the character sheet, not by right-clicking then managing enchantments
    edited October 2014
    only thing I can add to that, is that I dragged the enchant across from my inventory directly into the slot on the character sheet, not by right-clicking then managing enchantments

I was using "manage enchantments" when it happened, I think.
    edited October 2014
    So, both samples indicate that the enchantment's 1st slot would be 'override' by the second enchantment after an upgrade if you dont clear it first..? Still doesnt explain much why other people dont seem to get this bug. Need to gather more data... the underlying trigger
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Yes I lost a rank 8 Radiant enchantment . No idea what caused it because I have since slotted another enchantment and nothing bad happened.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • matiagronxmatiagronx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Yes I lost a rank 8 Radiant enchantment . No idea what caused it because I have since slotted another enchantment and nothing bad happened.

Open an ingame ticket, u will be able to do a rollback, when u get the answer ofc.
    This is the standard procedure for ingame bugs so its CRUCIAL to stop playing with the current character untill u get the answer and do the rollback.

Many people dont wanna wait and just lose the item.
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    There are other threads on this. One opened today. And not everyone who has the issue is going to post on the forums.. probably more won't than will. It is a bug, it is fairly easy to see why it happens.. the original code did not include a second offense slot so it puts it where it thinks it should go. And the original code let you over-write items, but the new code does not, so....

This should be treated with priority, at a minimum put a notice on the process that advises to remove all enhancements prior to upgrade. If that is even a valid work around.

This has been reported by multiple players, and the blowback is strong enough that the devs need to work it out, sooner rather than later. And it does not need a ninja fix, it needs an acknowledgement, an ETtR, and patch notes.

And before some parrot-creep starts saying stupid <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> like 'entitled' (or FoTM, or trivialized, or.. LOL) and whatever.. it is just reasonable that at least a few people should want things they earned not to disappear.
  • nic1985nic1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I m reposting my reply from another thread in General Discussion...

Happened to me a few days ago when I equipped my newly refined Legendary Main Hand. Equip weapon enchant, rank 9 radiant, rank 9 draconic (not commit yet). Then i changed my mind and equip another rank 9 radiant to replace draconic. Commit. Draconic rank 9 no where to be seen.....gone.

Submitted a bug report.