test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rise of Tiamat Preview Patch Notes NW.35.20141015a.2

panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
New Zone: Well of Dragons
With the campaign extension comes a new zone: Well of Dragons. Join veteran heroes of the Sword Coast in the fight to foil the Cult of the Dragon at every turn. Combat cultists, drakes, and more menacing foes as they call upon the power of dragons and ancient magics. Stop them from reaching their ultimate goal: the Rise of Tiamat!

The Well of Dragons can be reached by accepting the quest, "The Return of Tiamat," from Sergeant Knox. This quest becomes available after achieving a Gear Score of at least 10,000.

Please note that many of the Heroic Encounters are not consistently resetting themselves or getting into a stuck state.

Classes and Balance
  • Control Wizard
    • Maelstrom of Chaos, Scorching Burst, and Fanning the Flame (Spell Mastery) are now correctly categorized as AoE powers and will benefit from related feats.
    • Oppressor: Glacial Movement: This feat now increases the effectiveness of each rank of Orb of Imposition by 4/8/12/16/20%."
    • Orb of Imposition: This class feature has been reverted to a previous state where it grants 5% increased control durations per rank.
    • Ray of Enfeeblement and the non-spell mastery Repel now correctly benefit from Farspell."
    • Renegade: Chaos Magic: Now correctly applies to allies.
    • Storm Spell: Chance to activate increased to 30%, but can only trigger on critical hits now.
    • Thaumaturge: Assailing Force: The damage from this power is now activated by Encounter powers rather than all damage.
  • Devoted Cleric
    • Astral Shield: This power no longer incorrectly blocks all damage when used with no Empowered stacks.
    • Brand of the Sun: This power now also grants Divine Power when the DoT component ticks.
    • Divine Bastion of Health: This power now heals for roughly 100% more.
    • Divine Fortune: This class feature now correctly increases Divine Power gain by 5% per rank (down from 50%).
    • Divine Glow: This power should now correctly show how much damage it will deal.
    • Divine Oracle: Prophecy of Doom: This power now lists how much damage it can deal.
    • Empowered: This is now a global resource that is applied by any divine power and can be consumed by any non-divine power. When you reach 3 stacks you will get floater text to notify you that you are fully Empowered.
    • Faithful: Agent of the Divine: The heal from this feat is now clamped and cannot exceed the target's Maximum HP.
    • Forgemaster's Flame: Base slow for this power now slows the foe for 60% (up from 40%).
    • Forgemaster's Flame: No longer erroneously mentions healing in rank up text.
    • Lance of Faith: This power now deals 25% more damage.
    • Punishing and Soothing Light: These powers now drain Divine power half as fast.
    • Righteous: Fire of the Gods: This feat can no longer crit."
    • Searing Light: This power now correctly states the radius of the Divine version (15').
  • Great Weapon Fighter
    • Intimidation: This feat now deals 7/14/21/28/35% of your power as damage (down from 10/20/30/40/50%).
  • Guardian Fighter
    • Knight's Valor: Separate Ranks of Knight's Valor will no longer cause a damage loop.
  • Hunter Ranger
    • Wilds Medicine: This feat is now half as effective in PVP.
    • Fox Shift: This power now correctly only generates AP once when activated rather than per hit.
  • Iron Vanguard
    • Ferocious Reaction: This class feature now deals 25% of your HP in damage (up from 10%) and heals you for 25% (up from 10%).
    • Ferocious Reaction: This class feature will now correctly activate at the correct health threshold.
    • Ferocious Reaction: This class feature will now correctly reactivate after the first time it activates.
  • Scourge Warlock
    • Dreadtheft: Players may no longer activate other powers while Dreadtheft is firing if the primary target has already died.
    • Temptation: Soul Bonding: Life steal shared is reduced to 125% of the life steal done (down from 200%).
  • Trickster Rogue
    • Dazing Strike: Now always activates at the same speed as stealth and should hit targets far more consistently.
    • Deft Strike: Now slows targets for 80% (up from 60%) for 5 seconds (up from 3 seconds).
    • Dodge: Rogues now roll 50% farther when dodging in combat and their dodge cost has been reduced to 30% of their stamina (down from 50%).
    • Executioner: Shadow of Demise: Now correctly only triggers on Encounter Powers."
    • Executioner: Shadow of Demise: Shadow of Demise can no longer activate itself and can only be applied to a single target.
    • First Strike: Now provides 30% bonus damage at rank 1 (down from 33%) and provides an additional 15% when ranking it up (down from 33%).
    • Path of the Blade: Now hits 3 targets each tick (up from 1) and deals roughly 33% of its original damage.
    • Saboteur: Knife's Edge: No longer incorrectly affects Artifacts and other non player powers.
    • Saboteur: One with the Shadows: Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20).
    • Sabotuer: Shady Preparations: No longer incorrectly affects Artifacts and other non player powers.
    • Scoundrel: Concussive Strikes: Now dazes the target for .5/1/1.5/2/2.5 seconds (up from .2/.4/.6/.8/1 second)
    • Scoundrel: Skull Cracker: Base daze increased to 4 seconds (up from 2 seconds). Total maximum increased to 6 seconds (up from 4 seconds).
    • Scoundrel: Skull Cracker: Cooldown reduced to 15 seconds (down from 20).
    • Scoundrel: Skull Cracker: Now also grants 25% increased move speed.
    • Wicked Reminder: Now correctly stacks to 3 (instead of 5).
  • Whisperknife
    • Advantageous Position: Now provides 20% resistance (up from 10%) and now lasts for 2 seconds per rank (up from 1).
    • Disheartening Strike: This power has now been correctly reduced by 10% instead of 60%.
    • Whisper Knife: Razor Action: This power has had its damage increased by roughly 100%. The Damage Over Time component tied to Seething Knives now only triggers when the player has points in Seething Knives.
    • Razor Action: Damage increased by a further 200%.
    • Vengeance's Pursuit: Cooldown reduced to 12 seconds (down from 16).
    • Vengeance's Pursuit: The first portion of this power can now be activated while moving. The followup portion of this power now activates substantially faster.

Content and Environment
  • Domination PvP: When a PvP match ends a power will trigger to immediately revive all dead players to prevent them from spawning dead if they close the results window too quickly before being revived and going back to their previous location and taking an injury.

Enemies
  • Cult of the Dragon White Dragonwings should no longer be able to chain freeze players with their spinning ice strike projectiles.

Items and Economy
  • Tyranny of Dragons Campaign: We have increased the drop rates for Haarl's Treatise on Dragonkind (Boon 4) and Breyer's Draconic Investigations (Boon 5).
  • Tyranny of Dragons rewards: Increased the drop rates of artifact belts in the Epic versions of The Shores of Tuern skirmish and the Lair of Lostmauth dungeon.

User Interface
  • Store items now display in two columns regardless of the UI Scale setting.
Post edited by panderus on

Comments

• Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2014
    This is going up to preview within the hour.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Tyranny of Dragons Campaign: We have increased the drop rates for Haarl's Treatise on Dragonkind (Boon 4) and Breyer's Draconic Investigations (Boon 5).
    Tyranny of Dragons rewards: Increased the drop rates of artifact belts in the Epic versions of The Shores of Tuern skirmish and the Lair of Lostmauth dungeon.

EPIC , this is really great news but I just hope you mean you have increased the drop rates by a meaningful amount , you have no idea how downhearted players get running the same instances time after time after time and never getting the drops they need , can't wait to see if the drop rates are decent.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Items and Economy

Tyranny of Dragons Campaign: We have increased the drop rates for Haarl's Treatise on Dragonkind (Boon 4) and Breyer's Draconic Investigations (Boon 5).
    Tyranny of Dragons rewards: Increased the drop rates of artifact belts in the Epic versions of The Shores of Tuern skirmish and the Lair of Lostmauth dungeon.

Yay! Increased drop rate.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    valencayvalencay Member Posts: 431 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

enemies
    • cult of the dragon white dragonwings should no longer be able to chain freeze players with their spinning ice strike projectiles.

items and economy
    • tyranny of dragons campaign: We have increased the drop rates for haarl's treatise on dragonkind (boon 4) and breyer's draconic investigations (boon 5).
    • tyranny of dragons rewards: Increased the drop rates of artifact belts in the epic versions of the shores of tuern skirmish and the lair of lostmauth dungeon.

[/list]

omg this is a dream
    Aset Xharran, Oppressor CW
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    EPIC , this is really great news but I just hope you mean you have increased the drop rates by a meaningful amount , you have no idea how downhearted players get running the same instances time after time after time and never getting the drops they need , can't wait to see if the drop rates are decent.

Hey, its a start. Its clear, some, feedback is seeping in, at least.
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Drop rates increased? That's nice! Before rejoicing I'll stay cautious. Will I ever see these elusive books?
  • Options
    nwswansnwswans Member Posts: 39
    edited October 2014
    • Maelstrom of Chaos, Scorching Burst, and Fanning the Flame (Spell Mastery) are now correctly categorized as AoE powers and will benefit from related feats.

What about all the other AOE spells that do not benefit from related feats? There is a bug report about all the spells that do not benefit from the AOE feats. http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?771541-CW-powers-AoE-classification-inconsistent

For example, copied from that thread, spells that do not benefit from Wizard's Wrath and are not listed in your fix:
    • Conduit of Ice
    • Icy Terrain
    • Sudden Storm
    • Arcane Singularity
    • Oppressive Force
    • Furious Immolation

And what about Evocation not correctly increasing damage on other AOE spells as well, which is also mentioned in that thread's last post?
  • Options
    truescramblestruescrambles Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Ray of Enfeeblemen

So CWs now get to summon men that belittle the enemy into feeling weaker? I'll take it.
  • Options
    hadukhanhadukhan Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Trickster Rogue dodge roll still same as before
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Fixed that typo for you, Panderus.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Thank god you increased the drop rates. Definitely a step in the right direction. I'm not sure if it's enough for me to do that content since I can't do anything with bound loot and everything else is too rare to be worth farming for. But at least it make us more likely to use the boon tomes instead of selling them on the ah... (which I'm glad we're able to do, it's just that they're so rare that the value and hence the AD is more valuable). Farming CN and selling the items on the AH was what made me enjoy the game and since then you moved in the opposite direction which was disheartening. Hopefully you can make the raid worth my time, but we'll see.

Also /killme still doesn't work since mod 3. Which is important when people get stuck.
  • Options
    jaotutjaotut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Items and Economy
    • Tyranny of Dragons Campaign: We have increased the drop rates for Haarl's Treatise on Dragonkind (Boon 4) and Breyer's Draconic Investigations (Boon 5).
    • Tyranny of Dragons rewards: Increased the drop rates of artifact belts in the Epic versions of The Shores of Tuern skirmish and the Lair of Lostmauth dungeon.

Perhaps make these drops only appears or available as individual loot (or chest reward) instead of group loots. So people won't get kicked once they see something like this drops.
    Merlin - CW Merlyn - HR Psylocke - TR Black Widow - GWF

Have the gear and skills, but lack the friends to play with? Come and apply for Essence of Aggression. We have been here and strong since beta. (Immature, rude, and arrogant people will not be accepted)
  • Options
    inthefade462inthefade462 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    BUG: Currencies are still erroneously capped at 300. If this massive bug is going live you need to NOTIFY every single player before mod 5 hits.
  • Options
    xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    to Sum it up : Tr's kill every class but gwfs/gfs with 1 bloodbath, Cws kill hrs in 3 sec with stormfurry cuz it proccs 5 times with CA on them + they are unkillable with the renegade capstone that heals them for 1k every 0.5 sec.
    And glyphs are still overpeforming cuz of the 100% uptime.......
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    new artefact weapons based on the PATHS .
    seriously ? why this?
    new artifact offhand that was a given
    new artefact neck , yeah cool...
    but new new artefact belts? WTF , you kidding me? :-ss
    and they come with sets of 3 . neck/belt and artifact , why you doing this?

REMOVE THE ARTIFACT BELTS AND MAKE THE BONUS OF ARTIFACT + NECK. I FIND THOSE BELTS UNNECESARY SERIOUSLY... PEOPLE SPENT $$$ TO DO THEIR LEGENDARY BELTS THAT ARE ON LIVE, AND WHAT YOU DO? BRING BELTS THAT GIVE +5 IN ABILITY SCORES? , COME ON ? ;-SS

ps: if you keep this up, make the legendary weapon and belt = 4.6 mil RP !!!
  • Options
    gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Thank god you increased the drop rates. Definitely a step in the right direction. I'm not sure if it's enough for me to do that content since I can't do anything with bound loot and everything else is too rare to be worth farming for. But at least it make us more likely to use the boon tomes instead of selling them on the ah... (which I'm glad we're able to do, it's just that they're so rare that the value and hence the AD is more valuable). Farming CN and selling the items on the AH was what made me enjoy the game and since then you moved in the opposite direction which was disheartening. Hopefully you can make the raid worth my time, but we'll see.

Also /killme still doesn't work since mod 3. Which is important when people get stuck.

You can get killed via the GM Help menu. I did that yesterday and it perfectly works.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • Options
    nwnghostnwnghost Member, Moderators, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Items and Economy

Nice change indeed - though I have some requests/questions in that regard:
    1. Is the increase drop rate applicable to boss drop, or the 2 chest drops as well?
    2. Will you fix the issue with "of the Shore" equipment only dropping in normal but not Epic skirmish?
    3. Given that boon books will drop more often, what about lowering their price in Daily Quest tokens in the shop (currently cost 100 Cult Secrets, 100 Dragon Sigils each). Maybe increase their Dragon Hoard Coin costs and decrease the other ones? Even with the new items you can purchase with Dragon Coins, if you religiously do your dailies (taking about 1.5 hours per character), you end up with a vast ovrflow of Dragon Hoard Coins.
    4. Will you fix Artifact Belts simply appearing in a random player's inventory rather than being rolled for?
  • Options
    hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014
    Items and Economy

The drop rates... that includes the chests?

And also can you give us an insight? Like... 50% more chances than the current value... 25%... ?
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    state.

Classes and Balance
    • Control Wizard

Panderus

I tried searching but can't find a list of what is considered single target powers for the CW. Some are obvious such as Icy Rays and Ray of Enfeeblement, but what about Chill Strike (on mastery or otherwise), etc? This would be particularly useful to know when deciding about the Focussed Wizardry feat. Do you have a list or link, thanks?
  • Options
    nekromaniak666nekromaniak666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 94
    edited October 2014
    New Zone: Well of Dragons
    With the campaign extension comes a new zone: Well of Dragons. Join veteran heroes of the Sword Coast in the fight to foil the Cult of the Dragon at every turn. Combat cultists, drakes, and more menacing foes as they call upon the power of dragons and ancient magics. Stop them from reaching their ultimate goal: the Rise of Tiamat!

The Well of Dragons can be reached by accepting the quest, "The Return of Tiamat," from Sergeant Knox. This quest becomes available after achieving a Gear Score of at least 10,000.

25man raid with 10k GS entering condition.
    Can you even imagine how much stress and rage will this create?
    I have been playing this game over 10 months and i must say i like it same as WoW (which i quit long time ago), but in some ways you cant compare NW to WoW. There arent enough organized guilds. Or better say: If 25 people from one guild will run this raid what will rest do? If guilds dont have enough players for this raid? And what will happen if whole party will be created from pug? Can you even imagine how much stress and rage will this create?

You should consider making this raid only 10 man and also increase entering GS condition (up to 12-14k GS).

EDIT: My post belongs to Temple of Tiamat 25 man raid. This Well of Dragons dungeon is different instance. But you got my point ;)
    [SIGPIC]Hellsing[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    lucrelialucrelia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Great Weapon Fighter
    Intimidation: This feat now deals 7/14/21/28/35% of your power as damage (down from 10/20/30/40/50%).

if you want push all gwf to stop do PvP you do really good job, after supernerf in mod 4 (removed prone) some pl maked only one viable build and you gona nerf it again? what about HR witch actually own everything? why boar hide have prone and takedown not?
    btw im just curious did any of those ppl who make *balance* have ingame character and visit IWD open PvP or GG PvP or domination? i dont think so.....
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    copied over yet another copy of my main, and saw two issues right away:

The 300 limit or the currencties is not fixed - this is a big one - I have as many as 2500 of some of the currencies.

As a DC, I get to respec all my feats...or, that is, almost all my feats - I had 5 points in "Benefit of Foresight", and they are still there...I cannot unselect them. I can get a respec token but then I have to respec everything...my boons and powers. If you are going to reset the feats, please reset all of them, not all but one.

Finally a suggestion - 10.000 GS? Please, no. It is almost hard to create a fresh level 60 with less than 10K GS these days, with all the artifacts and everything. Buff the monsters a bit...increase the GS requirement to at least 15K and give people a challenge.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    adinosii wrote: »

The 300 limit or the currencties is not fixed - this is a big one - I have as many as 2500 of some of the currencies.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?774121-Trade-Bars-Missing&p=9264321&viewfull=1#post9264321

As a DC, I get to respec all my feats...or, that is, almost all my feats - I had 5 points in "Benefit of Foresight", and they are still there...I cannot unselect them. I can get a respec token but then I have to respec everything...my boons and powers. If you are going to reset the feats, please reset all of them, not all but one.

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9254941&viewfull=1#post9254941 <- this I think is related

Both should hopefully be fixed before it goes live.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Panderus, just a straight question: why do not any of you, DEVs, release and let us know the drop rate of everything in the game? A lot of games did it (WoW, L2, Aion, ESO, EQ2, etc) and is really a helping player's tool.

Actually, drop % is completely irrelevant as you can't influence it in any way, so the knowledge of the chance is pretty much void.

What matters is, where drops what and we already have that provided with really convenient tool in game.

And regarding the patch, I am completely in love with cleric changes, it finally doesn't feel trash and it might finally be useful for pvp as burst heal or debuff dps.
  • Options
    mogbaarmogbaar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Hey guys,
    I dont know but whats about the Second SW Paragon ?
    It should release simular with Mod5 but i cannot Skill it o.ö

Do you know more about that topic ? :O
  • Options
    inkrunnerinkrunner Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Scourge Warlock
    • Dreadtheft: Players may no longer activate other powers while Dreadtheft is firing if the primary target has already died.
    • Temptation: Soul Bonding: Life steal shared is reduced to 125% of the life steal done (down from 200%).

Will Temptation Warlocks still be effective now (I genuinely don't know)? I've specced as far as I can into Life Steal stuff, and I hope I can get a respec token if they aren't.

As for Dreadtheft, I always hated the way it stupidly continued firing at enemies that have already died (yes, I realize it will still do this, but at least my character won't continue firing at a corpse while I activate other powers). I use Dreadtheft to fill the cooldowns of my other encounters, so I never needed it to be going off at the same time as them anyway.
    2iBFtmg.png
This discussion has been closed.