test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new salvager's enchantment

2»

Comments

• refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I got a Rank 5 from the Event just to try it out. I usually have Silvery Utilities for the Glory bonus in PvP, with Dragonhorde Rank 8, Tymora Rank 6 and a Rank 5 Salvagers during PvE.

I got a few purple bags dropping, but the contents are usually things like Green gear, kits, potions or professions stuff.

So it's better than a slap in the face with a wet fish, but I think I'd prefer a second Dragonhorde at Rank 5 rather than this one.

:)
  • vadimt83vadimt83 Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Those are for new players, who don't have access to fey blessings, dragon hordes or tymora enchants. For a new player getting a salvager rank 5 for free, is a joy.
  • wick220wick220 Member Posts: 40
    edited October 2014
    I played NW from Dec 2013 to mid Jan 2014 then quit. I came back in August of this year. When the Siege event started up I got some of the salvagers enchants and equipped them (4 rank 6's for 8% drop rate [this is how i like to think it works]). I accumulated probably about 500 bags all together, never getting anything more than an uncommon resource from them. I heard about these "Dragon Hoard Enchantments" so I ditched the crappy salvager's and set out on getting 4 rank 8 Hoard Enchantments.

These things are amazing. I've already made back about half the AD it cost to make them and have upgraded my artifact weapon to Epic.

I was strongly considering upgrading each one again to 3% but from what I can tell in this thread there's an internal cooldown for how often it can proc. Lame. I'll save my AD.
  • destinyknightdestinyknight Member Posts: 962 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    wick220 wrote: »
    I played NW from Dec 2013 to mid Jan 2014 then quit. I came back in August of this year. When the Siege event started up I got some of the salvagers enchants and equipped them (4 rank 6's for 8% drop rate [this is how i like to think it works]). I accumulated probably about 500 bags all together, never getting anything more than an uncommon resource from them. I heard about these "Dragon Hoard Enchantments" so I ditched the crappy salvager's and set out on getting 4 rank 8 Hoard Enchantments.

These things are amazing. I've already made back about half the AD it cost to make them and have upgraded my artifact weapon to Epic.

I was strongly considering upgrading each one again to 3% but from what I can tell in this thread there's an internal cooldown for how often it can proc. Lame. I'll save my AD.

There was actually discussing the lack of an internal cooldown discussing its viability if it did or didnt.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    There was actually discussing the lack of an internal cooldown discussing its viability if it did or didnt.

Speaking of cooldowns. I've been using one fey enchants and the rest dragon's hoard. I'm not even sure if an internal cooldown would make up for having a different enchant or not anymore. Thinking about going all dragon's hoard. Say there is a 20 second cooldown. An extra hoard enchant would help make sure you are getting an item and hitting that cooldown every 20 seconds. An extra item every now and then from one fey is nice. But not sure its worth giving even slightly reducing the frequency of getting stuff from the hoard enchants.

As for the salvager's enchant. It doesn't even matter if they have a cooldown or not. If they had none, then it still wouldn't be as good as even fey enchants. Muchless the better dragon's hoard. The items you get from the salvage enchant are not worth giving up the others. With or without a cooldown.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • shadevpshadevp Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    runebane wrote: »
    There are 5 actually. Helm, bracers, boots. The new artifact belts have a utility slot (thats 4). And there are a few neck pieces that have a utility slot as well (5). Like the redcap cloak that drops in one of the Sharandar lairs.

Just curious: will it add to the drop chance if I put say a necklace with the utility Hoard on my augment companion?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    If you add more utility enchants to your gear, you'll get more drops.

Pretty sure they don't work on companions. Definitely not on augments because they proc on the wearer killing a foe.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited October 2014
    Pretty sure they don't work on companions. Definitely not on augments because they proc on the wearer killing a foe.

I asked exactly about the augment pets because they transfer all the parameters to their owners. That is why my idea was that say +1% to the drop chance from a Hoard in the Mourning Necklace on a Stone will be inherited by the character. I do not state this just asking if anyone tried it and noticed the difference.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    I asked exactly about the augment pets because they transfer all the parameters to their owners. That is why my idea was that say +1% to the drop chance from a Hoard in the Mourning Necklace on a Stone will be inherited by the character. I do not state this just asking if anyone tried it and noticed the difference.

You can't test this properly by "noticing the difference" because numbers are quite small and there's an ICD. But you can put it on a stone only (removing it from your character), and check if you get anything that way...
    edited October 2014
    You can't test this properly by "noticing the difference" because numbers are quite small and there's an ICD. But you can put it on a stone only (removing it from your character), and check if you get anything that way...

Yes, also though about it (removing all other enchantments and putting just 1 on an augment). Will try this evening and if smb interested as well - will respond.
  • lilbyrdielilbyrdie Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    vadimt83 wrote: »
    Those are for new players, who don't have access to fey blessings, dragon hordes or tymora enchants. For a new player getting a salvager rank 5 for free, is a joy.

I'd have to agree. Seems like you do salvagers for stuff you need. When you can afford a Fey, upgrade to that. Then, finally, when you can afford a dragon hoard, upgrade to that. And then work on upgrading to the 3% dragon hoard.

TBH, before I had 3x 1% dragon hoards, I upgraded 1 salvage to 2% and had 2 at 1%. I felt like I was getting more stuff I could use from salvage than from the dragon hoard. (Note: use, not sell)

I get stuff from the dragon hoards I can't use all the time, or seem useless. A pearl? Yay. 100 refinement points... and the mob just dropped a rank 4, worth 270 refinement points. Yawn. Yay! Something to upgrade artifact gear. Useless, I have no artifact gear.

That said, I was only ever getting unidentified green gear for other classes from the purple salvage bags. I got to hate finding them, because the stuff from the blue bags was always more useful. Oh well.

All that said: extra drops of any kind is just fun, plain and simple.

Now, if the salvage bags themselves could be sold...
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    lilbyrdie wrote: »
    I'd have to agree. Seems like you do salvagers for stuff you need. When you can afford a Fey, upgrade to that. Then, finally, when you can afford a dragon hoard, upgrade to that. And then work on upgrading to the 3% dragon hoard.

I really don't understand this. What is it you are getting from salvage enchants that you need? In the last week I've seen lesser feys as low as 30kAD. Lesser hoards at 50kAD. Not seeing the point in getting salvage instead of saving up a little bit and start off buying a lesser.
    lilbyrdie wrote: »
    I get stuff from the dragon hoards I can't use all the time, or seem useless. A pearl? Yay. 100 refinement points... and the mob just dropped a rank 4, worth 270 refinement points. Yawn. Yay! Something to upgrade artifact gear. Useless, I have no artifact gear.

You could use it if you want to. And if you don't want to, well... Everything that drops from the hoard enchants sells on the AH for AD. Then you can buy something to use.

Personally I think Salvage Enchants would be better, if gold was valuable. But its not. Potions, kits, moving enchants. That's all its good for. And by 60 my characters have more than I'll ever use. So an enchant that seems to mostly give me stuff bought with gold (or stuff that sells for gold) seems very useless.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
    edited October 2014
    shadevp wrote: »
    Yes, also though about it (removing all other enchantments and putting just 1 on an augment). Will try this evening and if smb interested as well - will respond.

As promised, tested it and found out that putting a utility enchantment on an augment does nothing. End of story )