test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Farming Foundries

azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
edited October 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
GOOD FOR TYMORA

Hello all. I've made three farming foundries for different reasons and would like to share them in a hope to get more plays and reviews from them. I don't want to spam three threads so I'll keep all in here. And I apologies for the bad names of them now xD

1. Azeryk's Farming Foundry: NW-DBVURVDMW
Made as large open spaces with large mobs sizes for farming enchants (11-15 rank 4's per run) and drop boxes during events. Made to last 15-20 minutes to make it eligible for Rhix's/Lord Prot's dailies to get some bonus AD whilst farming.. Best for CW/GWF/HR.

2. Azeryk's Corridor Farmer: NW-DE4R6HZSP
Made to allow for lower DPS characters, or single target characters to farm without being swarmed for mobs (again 11-15 rank 4 enchants per run). Again made eligible for Rhix's/Lord Prot's dailies for the bonus AD.

3. Quick Achievement Farmer: NWS-DFXJAF77Q
Made for those who just want to get achievements for playing foundries. Takes less than 30 seconds to complete the quest.

Please bare in mind that all 3 have been made for efficiency and not to look pretty. There is zero storyline in all of them; so please rate them on them doing well at what they've been made for and not for being made simple.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    No doubt destined for the "Best" tab in no time.

I think I threw up a little in my mouth.
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    Yeah, these quests will probably be some of the most popular of all time. I think it's a shame that we can spend weeks perfecting the perfect story-line and the best plots ever, yet, not many players seem that interested. Quick trips to the farm are much, much more popular. Quite sad, really.
  • azeryk1azeryk1 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited March 2014
    I do agree with you there. I think it would be nice if the story ones and the farming ones were split better as I do think the best lists will be populated with farmers soon.

I do have two story based ones myself, not the best ones in the world but I like them a lot - can search @azeryk1 for them as well.
  • vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited March 2014
    If you are looking for some feedback, I just ran though "Azeryk's Farming Foundry" and had some thoughts.

Mainly, the groups are too large. It makes for a longer, tougher fight per group, and I still only see about 1 drop per group (or less), which is roughly the same as I see in other zones with smaller groups of 3-6, so I don't see any benefit to the massive groups you are using. It would probably be better to divide the groups you have up into smaller bite-sized chunks. Same overall numbers, but spread out a bit. Those that can/want to fight larger groups can round up 2 or 3 together before fighting.
    edited March 2014
    Well it's also the reason I made two farmers, one for people who can handle the larger mobs in terms of skills, class, PC ability, and one for people who want to take it slower or who have less DPs than others. This way people can do what they want and not lose out.
    edited March 2014
    I've tweaked them a bit to allow for better timing on the maps. Average times are floating around the 18-19 minute mark now making them perfect for people who want to just kill and not have dialogue.

Plus am getting reviews saying they are great for people testing new builds etc as no one to steal mobs and allows them to not get in the way of others.
    edited May 2014
    I've been told (not tested myself though) that they are decent for the current event so feel free to give them a try and hopefully earn you some more AD.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I thought I would just leave a cautionary bit of info for you, as a player to a fellow player, any foundry which is created for the intention of circumventing the games natural progression of things to earn quick XP, Loot, or other items are a violation of the games ToS.
    There I have delivered my warning, I can't say what Cryptic will do, but I know that they frown upon these foundries as the tool was not created to be an easy button.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
    edited May 2014
    To know knowledge the drops of the purses is limited by time anyway the same as the Tymora's were. My foundries give a place where players can attack as many mobs as they want, in the time they want, without other players being around to cause problems and steal their loot.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    azeryk1 wrote: »
    To know knowledge the drops of the purses is limited by time anyway the same as the Tymora's were. My foundries give a place where players can attack as many mobs as they want, in the time they want, without other players being around to cause problems and steal their loot.

Other players can't "steal your loot" if you are not grouped with them, and even if you are grouped with them, set the loot rule to Need or Greed, or Round Robin and then players still can't steal your loot. You can't even see other players loot.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    edited June 2014
    kreatyve wrote: »
    Other players can't "steal your loot" if you are not grouped with them, and even if you are grouped with them, set the loot rule to Need or Greed, or Round Robin and then players still can't steal your loot. You can't even see other players loot.

What I meant was that in normal areas other can steal your mobs and hence any loot which they may have dropped.
    edited July 2014
    Whilst I may have made these foundries for farming events, I've had a lot of feedback saying they are good for CWs to test their encounters and move sets, enough so I was asked to make a harder version (crazy I know).

So here it is:

Azeryk's Hard Farming Foundry - NW-DI2LELYPJ
    edited July 2014
    Tweaked both slightly for the event which starts today so they're welcome to be used if you want to gain tokens without having other players get in the way.

Will amend again if I can optimise them more once the event starts.
    edited September 2014
    I've spoken with a CW doing the normal farming foundry with 4% dragon hoard chance, and before the double RP weekend was getting 100-150k AD of drops per run. Just thought people might want to know with the double RP weekend going on as those drops might help with with the artifacts :)
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No offense intended but this type of 'quest' makes me sick. It defeats the intended purpose of the game. It's like building a great character in a pnp game then having the dungeon master agree to let you fight a series of monsters in arena style combat for experience and treasure... it's practically cheating.

Here's a real farm quest for ya....

'Monty Haul's Farm' NW-DQTLZJAJ6

Sorry about posting my quest in someone else's thread.. but hey, they're not worried about breaking the realism, right?
    edited September 2014
    It's merely giving people what they want in-game, if they're so bad then they wouldn't have been around since the foundry system was made. Also it's hardly cheating when most important drops from events, or enchants have a cool down and these kinds of foundries can't bypass that - it just gives mobs which can be killed at their leisure and without chance of re-spawning when they're afk.
    edited October 2014
    Works well with challenge of the gods if you want to run foundries at the same time - no need to wait for spawning mobs, or have other people killing them before you get there. Just simply walk forward when you want for more enemies :)