test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It's time to do away with "the Undodgeable"s.

Comments

• lenthowlenthow Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2014
    I tested HR vs CW in M4. I only played TR in M3, but I doubt any changes occurred.

Mara still works, but it's not reliable. I am just trying to tell you it works.

I once suggested that Marauders would make the HR able to escape Root in the Preview forums.

Was ignored.

I have a TR and I know for a fact, that if they begin casting Icy Rays and you stealth, You will get rooted and take the damage, albeit still stealthed. Your stealth meter takes a huge hit though, and you are visible again within seconds when this happens.

As for HR Marauders Escape, you are wrong. If you cast Marauders Escape at the same exact time they cast Icy Rays, you will still go through with the escape, but you will take the damage and still be rooted at the end of the animation. It has happened to me countless times. The same thing happens when you get stunned by a GF or GWF at the same exact time you use your Escape. You will be CC'd at the end of the Marauders Escape animation.

If you are already rooted by Icy Rays, Marauders Escape/rush, is completely unusable. Period. The only way to then escape, is to hope that the CW is a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and comes within close melee range to allow for you to boar charge or Fox shift out of the roots.. Otherwise you are stuck. And this is just one class we are talking about. There is no solution at all for the DC or the whisperknife TR.

The idea of having a undodgeable CC attack is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> in the first place, which is why people made this thread. To have that stupid <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> removed. Icy Rays should not be undodgeable.. and yet it is. No matter when it is casted upon you. Whether you are in the middle of a Dodge when it is casted or what, you get rooted no matter what. It needs to be fixed. No more no skill undodgeable bs.
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was talking about GF and Shield, but GWF with their permaImmunity Sprint/Unstoppable is a good example as well.

HR still has the advantage over CWs, especially on a node - even with the nerfs, and even without Constrictive. If the area it's larger and CW can kite, there is actually balance at equal gear&skill between these classes.

The real issue for HR and Icy Rays comes from the fact that if a CW can IR you, his teammates will probably kill you while you are rooted.

But then again: should you be able to 1vs2?

PS:

- in Mod 3, my HR was GODMODE vs CWs, primarily due to Constrictive/Disruptive permaCC. That was not fair. I could kill the best BiS CWs in the game without losing much, if any HP. Things are better now, balance wise.
    - Icy rays is even a bigger issue for guess what class? Control Wizard. Yes, we cannot escape it, and we die a lot because of it as well, as we are not tanky, and not have nice LS and WM heals. So any CW can understand your predicament.

first - my typo - GF not GWF. But like you sad GWF is good example too.
    well this is exactly the issue Im talking about. Make Ice Rays dodgable not by 'super skill of being next to server' is right. For both CW and HR.Make it reliably dodgable. Cause as you can see only this 2 don't really have any reliable way of getting out of it. Also DC? What they have?
    Even thought dodge is now more responsive then in mod 3 we still face issues with latency lags and "0.4 sec enough time by game design". Can not pick what is actually worse of those.
    And no I don't think that HR should be 1vs 2 kings. But having perma CC from CW pretty much makes HR dead meat to anyone else. Without a possible chance of working this out. As CW you can see this too -perma freeze you - you are done.
    Plus lets not neglect all damage powers CW have among ice rays. CW can single target HR.And saying that HRs are 1vs 1 kings is wrong this days.
    HR were nod holders in mod 3. Now we are pushed into one single fkn way of playing. Period.No variations allowed. Adding undogable that is supposed to dodgable is like making CW mod 4 kings instead of mod 2/3 GWFs
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I should clarify, I made no mention of changing Icy Rays because at this time I have no intention of doing so. It *can* already be dodged, and because it activates so fast it takes incredible skill to do so. Countering it is tough, but not impossible. At this time Icy Rays will remain unchanged.
    Winning the lottery a million times in a row isn't impossible either, but I feel like the chance of dodging icy ray is even lower than that.
    edited September 2014
    bvira wrote: »
    Winning the lottery a million times in a row isn't impossible either, but I feel like the chance of dodging icy ray is even lower than that.

That is because it simply isn't dodgeable, as other CW's have already begun to admit. Disruptive shot has just as fast, if not faster cast time, and yet it can be dodged if you do not time it right, or the enemy gets lucky on his dodge timing. Regardless, Disruptive shot gets dodged all the time. If Icy Rays were dodgeable, you would see the same amount of luck dodges taking place as you see with disruptive shot, except you don't. Instead what you see, is a CW casting Icy Rays on someone mid way through a dodge, and the person who should have dodged the Icy Rays, still being rooted and taking full damage. They need to do away with the no skill, undodgeable bs.. the same way you can't dodge the PB effect, even if you dodge the encounter damage from an HR. Fix the undodgeable bs on all classes.
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    macjae wrote: »
    The concern here is that CWs are already a mid-tier class in PvP, and a fix to Icy Rays would just send them spiraling further towards the bottom again.

ROFL, just no.

CWs are the MOST OP class in pvp atm.
    So what HR can take em half the time, they have it all over every other class in game.
    I guess balance is having no one being able to take a CW?

Just for sh*** and giggles i made a CW and leveled to 60 during the event. This thing at 8k gs is WAY OP compared to my HR(16k melee).
    Basically it is just Entangle, Icy rays, Chilllstrike and ray of frost until they die.
    Anyone who plays CW and complains about it is probably a VERY unskilled player looking for easy mode.

LMAO if you think that an Icy Rays nerf would justify an HR nerf...
    the only way an HR has a chance against a CW is to get that disruptive shot off before the CW starts to cycle on you.
    If CW controls HR it is over for an HR in seconds, same as if the HR lands disruptive shot first the CW will burn down in seconds (as long as hr has all melee encounters ready)
    edited September 2014
    I should clarify, I made no mention of changing Icy Rays because at this time I have no intention of doing so. It *can* already be dodged, and because it activates so fast it takes incredible skill to do so. Countering it is tough, but not impossible. At this time Icy Rays will remain unchanged.

Do they actually pay you to not have a clue about the game you are supposed to be working on? Is there any wonder why nothing ever gets fixed? Is there any wonder why, the "fixes" create even MORE problems?

It *can't* be dodged. Disruptive shot has a fast casting time (just as fast if not faster than Icy Rays) and *can* be dodged, and is dodged quite often. Icy Rays can not be dodged. Learn the game you are supposed to be working on or have the decency to step down. Even CW's who want to keep Icy Rays the way it is, but are honest, will admit that it is not dodgeable.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lenthow wrote: »
    Do they actually pay you to not have a clue about the game you are supposed to be working on? Is there any wonder why nothing ever gets fixed? Is there any wonder why, the "fixes" create even MORE problems?

It *can't* be dodged. Disruptive shot has a fast casting time (just as fast if not faster than Icy Rays) and *can* be dodged, and is dodged quite often. Icy Rays can not be dodged. Learn the game you are supposed to be working on or have the decency to step down. Even CW's who want to keep Icy Rays the way it is, but are honest, will admit that it is not dodgeable.
    Nice. Real classy. Your mother must be so proud.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
    edited September 2014
    Nice. Real classy. Your mother must be so proud.

Actually, I did try to keep it classy. No class would be accepting payment for work you obviously aren't doing. How someone can be paid to be a system designer and not have a clue about the game he is being paid to work on, is beyond me. Accepting payment when you obviously have put 0 effort into getting to know your work, is class-less.

Your "Your mother" cliché comment, shows a lot of "originality" and "class" itself.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    ROFL, just no.

CWs are the MOST OP class in pvp atm.

Don't joke on the forums please.

GFs are the most OP class at PVP.

HRs are close to tied to CWs at high level premades as well as 1v1s.

You must be talking about PUG pvp wherein CW's 1-click ray of frost works wonders.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Actually, I did try to keep it classy. No class would be accepting payment for work you obviously aren't doing. How someone can be paid to be a system designer and not have a clue about the game he is being paid to work on, is beyond me. Accepting payment when you obviously have put 0 effort into getting to know your work, is class-less.

Your "Your mother" cliché comment, shows a lot of "originality" and "class" itself.
    Look, tough guy/gal - nobody's impressed with your keyboard warrior stuff. You don't have the first clue whether IR is actually impossible to dodge or just really, really hard to dodge. GC, on the other hand, wrote the code. And yet you have the brass necked gall to try and tell him that he's incompetent.

People whose first resort is to arrogance and plain rudeness are usually worthless human beings. Congrats on that.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Dude... So youve obviously been in this thread and SEEN the posts about Glyphs.

Please stop hiding and address the frikin glyphs man!!!! I havnt logged in about a week because of them, its just STUPID how long its been in the game. PLEASE remove ALL the damage from Glyphs and leave the stats

+ 800 stats for 20 seconds is AMAZING! Thats ALL we need, none of this unmitigated damage <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

You guys keep addressing ALL the wrong problems!!!!!!!
    edited September 2014
    Look, tough guy/gal - nobody's impressed with your keyboard warrior stuff. You don't have the first clue whether IR is actually impossible to dodge or just really, really hard to dodge. GC, on the other hand, wrote the code. And yet you have the brass necked gall to try and tell him that he's incompetent.

I do have a clue, and anyone can go and test this themselves repeatedly in IWD. Whether GC wrote the code or not, is besides the point. The code could be written wrong and not doing what it was intended to do (As is often the case when writing complicated coding. This wouldn't be the first time in this game or any other). I never called him incompetent, but if he doesn't know that Icy Rays is undodgeable then he has no clue about the game he is working on and has put 0 effort into understanding the game and the problems therein. This isn't the only issue either. There is TONS of issues and the whole DEV team seems to be completely out of touch with the player base and the game itself or completely apathetic to the issues that there is.
    People whose first resort is to arrogance and plain rudeness are usually worthless human beings. Congrats on that.

You sir, are a hypocrite. Congrats on that. Now get off your knees and stop blowing the "incompetent" (your words, not mine) system designers. If you want to talk ****, then I would be more than glad to respond in kind to your fgt ***.
    edited September 2014
    ayroux wrote: »

Please stop hiding and address the frikin glyphs man!!!! I havnt logged in about a week because of them, its just STUPID how long its been in the game. PLEASE remove ALL the damage from Glyphs and leave the stats

+ 800 stats for 20 seconds is AMAZING! Thats ALL we need, none of this unmitigated damage <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I'm afraid the glyphs thing is harder to fix than it seems. It is a feature, it is part of the Dragonborn Pack and module 4's newly introduced items. It will never go away.

The last thing they'd want to do is nerf glyphs to make them unplayable because it wouldn't sit well with PWE. They probably are doing some balancing on the glyphs in their own time which means a fix is coming. (the same time-period as they would fix roar, TR lashing blade etc)
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    ayroux wrote: »

I haven't addressed them directly because I already fixed them locally (they are resistsed/dodged/etc) and that should be in some upcoming build. It'll be in the patch notes soon, but as the thing I could address as not being fixed was Piercing Blade so I opted to post about that (and Icy Rays after digging into it). We do read the forums, and we do make changes responding to feedback. Remember that I do have features for upcoming modules to work on as well :)

Thank you all for your continued Feedback!

Chris "Gentleman Crush" Meyer
    edited September 2014
    I haven't addressed them directly because I already fixed them locally (they are resistsed/dodged/etc) and that should be in some upcoming build. It'll be in the patch notes soon, but as the thing I could address as not being fixed was Piercing Blade so I opted to post about that (and Icy Rays after digging into it). We do read the forums, and we do make changes responding to feedback. Remember that I do have features for upcoming modules to work on as well :)

I applaud you for being the dev that actually responds to threads
  • showmelightsshowmelights Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I do have a clue, and anyone can go and test this themselves repeatedly in IWD. Whether GC wrote the code or not, is besides the point. The code could be written wrong and not doing what it was intended to do (As is often the case when writing complicated coding. This wouldn't be the first time in this game or any other). I never called him incompetent, but if he doesn't know that Icy Rays is undodgeable then he has no clue about the game he is working on and has put 0 effort into understanding the game and the problems therein. This isn't the only issue either. There is TONS of issues and the whole DEV team seems to be completely out of touch with the player base and the game itself or completely apathetic to the issues that there is.

You sir, are a hypocrite. Congrats on that. Now get off your knees and stop blowing the "incompetent" (your words, not mine) system designers. If you want to talk ****, then I would be more than glad to respond in kind to your fgt ***.

Hold back a little with the rude talking, Gentlemancrush is the only dev that usually comes to the forums and replies to some of the feedback we give regarding classes and balance. Yeah, I know some things aren't working well in the game but it's still no reason to talk like that to a developer that tries to improve our experience a little. We know they've been working with tr changes, dc changes and a new paragon path for warlocks so there's already too many things to do. The fact that there's a power that makes you feel uncomfortable and die some times (the fact that it can't be dodged doesn't mean you don't have other means to counter it) doesn't make it a priority. He at least has acknowledged the situation and commented here, right?
  • rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Thank you for the updates and keep 'em coming! :)
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Thanks for dropping by and communicating with us. It a great thing that you are working on fixing the glyphs, they are gamebreaking to the point many stopped playing PvP.

While we understand you cannot lose your day on the forums chatting with us players, a bit more communication, especially with those that are able to articulate ideas and obviously know what they are talking about is extremely appreciated.
    edited September 2014
    Anyone who gets better results with an 8k CW than with a 16k combat HR has no basis talking about skill, as it's then abundantly clear they don't know what they're doing.

Lol at making personal tests using an 8k CW and a 16k HR. Skill and lack of knowledge are clearly issues there.

Pair up a BIS HR against a BIS CW. Do tests based on that scale. He clearly just doesn't know how to play HR in PVP nor is he in a PVP guild to have people teach him.
    edited September 2014
    Agreed with macjae's points once again.

Too bad he is arguing with HR players who probably aren't skilled or geared enough to experience high end pvp.
    edited September 2014
    I'm sorry, but you're just wrong. I have seen it with my own eyes. It's an animation thing, and it's most probably entirely unintended.

Again, you are wrong. You need to get your eyes checked. Thankfully GC has done some digging into Icy Rays and has found the same problems with it as with the undodgeable PB

I wasn't arguing otherwise, simply that it *can* be avoided in some circumstances, like moving out of range or through a quirk of Marauder's Escape.

And in Domination, moving out of range, is something that might help you survive, but is not beneficial at all for you or your team. Icy Rays atm, is currently undodgeable, as other CW's have already admitted and GC has found himself after some digging into.

I'm well aware of the differences in the dodge frames. A good player can still take full advantage of those.

Obviously you weren't well aware of it, otherwise you wouldn't have said what you said. The immunity from 3 CW shifts is longer than the 6 mini shifts of the HR. You were trying to act as if the 6 dodges of the HR were OP in comparison, and it showed how ignorant you are about the game.

Of course a good player can take advantage of whatever he is working with. No one is arguing that.

Even with red glyphs on, a high-end CW can't always one-rotation equally geared players. If you're getting one-rotationed, it's likely by someone with better gear than your rank 6s and blue artifacts.

But they still do, more often than not (talking about equal GS characters). You are trying to act as if CW's are not as strong as they actually are.. Maybe you just suck at the game and that is why you think CW's are middle of the pack in pvp.

In any case, red glyphs are getting fixed, which is great news. Those also disproportionately benefited HRs and CWs over most other classes.

I'd say they favor the GF's more than anyone but yeah, even a DC with glyphs is a threat to someone who isn't using glyphs.

The most encounter-spammy class in the game is actually HR.

and yet, they take more skill to play than a CW holding down the right click on their mouse and not having to time Icy Rays. Good thing GC already said he is taking care of that ****.

This just goes to show you obviously have no experience with high-end play. In module 3, between Constricting Arrow, Disruptive Shot and super-fast healing, a CW had virtually no chance against an HR that knew what they were doing. Fortunately, most HRs never really got that down properly. The balance between the two is better in module 4, but HRs still have the advantage.

My TR, when played as my main was top 5 pages always. Even though he wasn't BiS gear and only 16k gs, I always managed and could hang against the highest end. My HR who is 14.5k GS is top 10 pages on a broken leaderboard which has negative progression on Wins that are blowouts. I kill other combat HR's who are 18k gs.

Again, maybe the reason you struggled so hard in Mod 3 and the reason you think CW's are middle of the pack now, is because you simply suck at pvp. Get ready to start having to use some timing because Icy Rays undodgeable bs is being fixed.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    They will forget to fix the 100% uptime with glyphs... U read it here first!
    edited September 2014
    But they still do, most often than not. You are trying to act as if CW's are not as strong as they actually are.. Maybe you just suck at the game and that is why you think CW's are middle of the pack in pvp.

Nobody is saying CWs suck this mod. CWs are very very powerful. People are just saying GFs are the best and a BIS HR can easily kill a BIS CW 1v1. Also, there is no need to nerf the only CW skill that could make them compete with BIS GF and BIS HR.

My TR, when played as my main was top 5 pages always. Even though he wasn't BiS gear, I always managed and could hang against the highest end. My HR who is 14.5k GS is top 10 pages on a broken leaderboard which has negative progression on Wins that are blowouts. I kill other combat HR's who are 18k gs.

Leaderboard means very little. On top of that, top 5 pages? Have you ever played in a premade? What is the best team that you beat? Or did you just play against pugs?

You realize that one of the GFs on the first page of the leaderboard got there by admitting he only pressed shift most of the time to win right? That's the leaderboard and PUG pvp for you.

Seems like the HRs/TRs arguing against macjae are just common PUGs. I have seen macjae play and he is a pretty good CW who played in actual premades which may result in the misunderstanding between the 2 parties.

Gentleman if you are reading this, please do not take the opinions of common PUGs seriously. They play in an environment wherein not everyone is skilled or geared (including them). At the highest level, everyone is almost equally fully geared and skilled. That is how you balance PVP and go down from there.
    You know the guilds with skilled PVP players. (if you don't, I can PM them to you)
  • chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    This just goes to show you obviously have no experience with high-end play. In module 3, between Constricting Arrow, Disruptive Shot and super-fast healing, a CW had virtually no chance against an HR that knew what they were doing. Fortunately, most HRs never really got that down properly. The balance between the two is better in module 4, but HRs still have the advantage.

Totally agree. In module 3 a CW was a doormat to an HR that even knew the basics of how to play.
    edited September 2014

LOL, now that I know who you are in game, Luusi Loyalar.. We made you rage pretty hard last night in domination when you claimed it was 2v5 and that you had worthless pugs..

Now I understand why you think CW's suck.. You are a BiS CW and you are page 16.. My poorly geared TR and HR are both better.. gg.. GL once you have to time your Icy Rays

Please do not ever talk about High end pvp, you are BiS CW on page 16 and get rocked by 14kers
  • rotatorkufrotatorkuf Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014

wait, so stlil no cooldown between dmg procs?

so you can still get hit, theoretically 10 times in 1 second?