test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

will mode 5 finaly balanace pve classes?

Comments

• magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    SW can only beat CWs by using a broken daily. HR is a joke, has nothing except damage, will never replace CW.

Get out CW apologist.

Can you cut the personal attacks out? Am not being an apologist for any class.

Fact remains SW can do better DPS, regardless the means. We will see what happens in the future.

And HR should NOT replace CW. Ever. Why would it? CW and HR can coexist, no need for replacing each other.

People QQed all over the place "CWs too much DPS". Now you have two classes that can dish more DPS, and another one (GWF) that can tie up CWs at same levels of gear&skill, if PvE specced.

So why are you STILL unhappy? You can finally take a GF, which again are great to have, a DC for even more damage, a CW to CC and do good AoE and a SW/HR/TR. This type of party would make for great, flawless runs.

So again.

Why are you still complaining and still unhappy?!?
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Cause there are idiots like you ruining this game for other players. GWF's damage is a joke now, if you think a GWF can be anywhere close to a CW using Storm Spell and Assailant you're delusional.

Just because there are other classes even more broken than yours now doesn't give you a free pass.
    edited September 2014
    Cause there are idiots like you ruining this game for other players. GWF's damage is a joke now, if you think a GWF can be anywhere close to a CW using Storm Spell and Assailant you're delusional.

Just because there are other classes even more broken than yours now doesn't give you a free pass.

Continuing with personal attacks instead on argumentation is destroying your credibility.

Suit yourself, but from the new skirmish and dungeon, the days of running multiple CWs are all but GONE. It's obvious from Malabog's Castle, to Valindra's Whatever, to LoL/SoT that the design is no longer favoring CW stacking.

It's crazy that even now, some GWFs seem to be stuck on hating CWs, some CWs on hating GWFs and HRs and so on.

I suggest you try to play multiple classes a bit to understand them better, and the hate will go away.

Good luck.
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have other classes and say this:

cw needs to lose half of the current damage + control. or, like a gwf, this will be passive of a inconvenient stack system (like, 10 stacks of arcane). but do not worry, this will not happen. the devs dont have balls to do that. the first scream and you have a broken class feature, insane control, and all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    edited September 2014
    zacazu wrote: »

cw needs to lose half of the current damage + control. or, like a gwf, this will be passive of a inconvenient stack system (like, 10 stacks of arcane). but do not worry, this will not happen. the devs dont have balls to do that. the first scream and you have a broken class feature, insane control, and all that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

I don't understand you guys.

Why the CW, especially?!?

I played other MMOs, and the MAGE class did GREAT CC, and GREAT AoE DPS. Nobody complained.

Hunter did great DPS. Nobody complained.

Warlock did great DPS. Nobody complained.

Rogues did great DPS too, and guess what? Nobody complained.

Warriors did great DPS if specced for that, Death Knights same. Or they tanked - if specced for that. Nobody complained.

Now, did the mage came on top always? No. If the fight was all about trash killing then yes. The mage usually came top, but warlock, hunter could also come top as well.

If the fight was more about single target, or movement etc. other classes had their chance to shine.

So why are you insisting the Mage class of Neverwinter should do little damage lol? It's crazy. It should do good AoE damage and decent single target, but inferior to a rogue by a significant margin. The CW already has less damage than pure Striker classes.

Enough is enough.
    edited September 2014
    other mmos not interest me. One "rework" was made in gwf / cw under the SAME argument: both classes needed to make "choices", ok? we should be in the same "boat"

one "destroyer" really lost "tank" - mechanics - A thau has a far greater control, and even has a big limitation of radius for dps.

gwf is strong by two modules. received nerf . cw since the beta, got a BIG buff.

Now the point: gwf "to choose between damage and tank." The paradgma of "tank" is gf. the gwf - sentinel - do not have tools to protect a party like a gf (or cw) and even more interesting is that one in any respect. there is no choice between being "tank". just being tough with some aggro and nothing more.

But gwf who chose "damage" is not competitive in damage with sw.

* one destroyer is "meh" to protect yourself (my "tank" is relative to gear). A thau protects the entire party without any sacrifice (your control is relative to mechanical).

if I had entered yesterday I would say "ok, the responsible dev fail, but in the next patch..." but this is not the case, and never when it comes to the cw. hr / sw? this is temporary. cw, no.

is strange say this, but its not a " an "angry" argument. I'm saying that I'm disappointed with this game. and today I say "cw needs a nerf" is precisely becouse i know that: this class NEVER, NEVER will be balanced.
    edited September 2014
    pandapaul wrote: »
    You are correct in one way but not in the way you were intending...

out of control wizard lives more than ever

Oh, so you want more CWs in your party now, when one finally just fine? CN again? Really? You can solo CN on your GWF. I know that. I can solo it on my CW and my HR too, probably. CN is old, redundant design, nothing like it will ever return.

Control Wizard has to live, do decent damage and decent CC. Just like the Mage class in any other MMO. It's so simple it's mindblowing.

For some reasons, only GWFs, that share pretty much the same type of OPness with the CW in PvE, want the class destroyed.

You need to get over the "either CC, either DPS" thing. We have less DPS now by quite a considerable margin, but it's easier to come by, cause it's mostly Storm Spell.

And who asked for SS buffs? Any CW? NO. It was pretty much imposed on us. We don't like it. Out encounters hit for less than 30K with BiS gear when they once hit for 100-200K with much less gear. If that is not a catastrophic nerf, I don't know what it is.

No good CW is happy with how the CW works now. We want powerful nuke encounters, not Storm Spell procs. Just ask.
    other mmos not interest me.

They should.

This is one of the worst ones on the market. You should always take a look at other MMOs where things JUST WORK and there aren't any issues like this one here.
    edited September 2014
    It's crazy that even now, some GWFs seem to be stuck on hating CWs
    It's the CW players shouting loudly on the forums who are responsible for ruining the GWF again, so what do you expect?

I have 1 of each class, by the way.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I still think that the basic issue is this:

The devs are having a tough time separating balance issues between PvE and PvP. Whatever affects one affects the other. If you change something in PvE in the name of "balance", it has unintended consequences in PvP (sometimes creating an OP class) and vice versa. We really need an internal database flag that says "If player x is in PvE, this happens else if PvP, this happens." Make the two separate so we can all move on :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014

cw needs to lose half of the current damage + control. .

How did you quantify this? Did you look at the end of a dungeon run and base it off the Paingiver chart? And if so, what dungeon was your baseline for the test?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    this was promised with mod 4 but instaed of balance they only made cws even more broken and ovrbuffed gf and hr can we even hope new update will end cws stacking and improve dc,tr?or they will just let cws being broken for even more time

lol you're a beta player and you should know the answer to this xD

absolutely not! balance or something close to it is a myth in this game.

what should one expect for mod5 then?:
    more daily grind
    more currency (like DUH)
    more POWER CREEP (yeah baby more boons and possibly new artifact equipments)
    new dungeon that doesn't scale with the power creep. no sense at all!
    heavy nerfs and huge buffs lololol
    abuse-able broken mechanics for a few weeks/months - remember tenes, emblem, oghma's?
    and the most important part of every expansion: NEW LOCKBOX! hahaahahah
    edited September 2014
    ironzerg79 wrote: »
    How did you quantify this? Did you look at the end of a dungeon run and base it off the Paingiver chart? And if so, what dungeon was your baseline for the test?

My "baseline" to say that the CW needs to lose half damage (or more) is the pure and simple rule "you can have x, y, but not both." is the words of the dev.

the cw with their respective control is able to protect an entire party better than a gwf sentinel, so...

if you is better in these or that dungeon, that is not the point (or reduce all dungeons to the performance of the new and try relativize the cw performance ;)).
    edited September 2014
    They should.

This is one of the worst ones on the market. You should always take a look at other MMOs where things JUST WORK and there aren't any issues like this one here.

i know... you must be right. but the point is: the focus in nwo.
  • fledmagicianfledmagician Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    No, the new update won't "balance" the classes.

[/thread]
  • thedemienthedemien Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    CW damage need to be halfed. Not control just damage. Why - cause dps classes CW bring DPS and control , HR as DPS class bring just DPS nothing else. At the same time 12k CW can out damage 17k-18k GS HR easily and yet still be more useful as controller and agro manager.
    About SW- broken daily is crazy. My 13k SW(as Amber sad) does more damage then 18k HR and heals more then DC in party. no place for those too in party.
    So really half CW damage as dps. Keep control for controllers. Fix SW daily. CW had really got too much - from perma kings in pve for 3 mods to almost control gods in start of mod 4. Without any nerfs at all.

And yeah.This won't happened ever since devs love CWs
  • c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The more important question is: Will module 5 bring endgame content worth doing?

What is the point of balancing classes at the high end level when there is nothing worth your time?

+1

I want good gear that's worth farming, I don't want more professions etc which I do not use in any way. I wish you add a possibility that Alchemy really becomes useful potion-wise. getting those Major fortification potion can become really tedious.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
    edited September 2014
    They should.

Please list some good ones, in your opinion, so I can laugh at you some more.
    edited September 2014
    Please list some good ones, in your opinion, so I can laugh at you some more.

Dude.

You're aggressive, flame baiting for 3 posts and half of your material is personal insults, as if I would came to your home and stole your cookies.

I could press the Report button and your stuff would be all gone, but if I do, nobody will see and read your "arguments".

So instead of continuing to feed your anger, I'm just gonna let you sizzle in it and pretty much ignore what you say.

Because, to be honest, I just don't care. I did my duty and posted civil stuff, together with argumentation to prove my points.

You choose to remain bitter and just wallow in your anti-CW hate.

Well, you're welcome to. I will be busy duo-running CN and making AD in the meantime.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well, you're welcome to. I will be busy duo-running CN and making AD in the meantime.

By "duo-running" aren't you just proving his point? You don't need the other classes, just CW OPness.
    Damage or control, it should not be both as the devs said, we just want them to stick to this and make it happen, because both are still happening when it should be 1 or the other.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are you STILL complaining about CWs in PvE? REALLY?

A CW is good, for sure, and it should be, but days of stacking them are GONE.

SW and HR both have the capability to beat CWs in DPS, and it's all fine.

i will continue to do so as long as they dont fix 3xcw min teams if they fixed this with last mod why when ever i join some pve team have at least 3x cw in even 4x cw teams are common ,this problem made huge amount of ppl to quit game since they cant get pve teams for anything if not cw Ppl asking devs to fix this problem since cb and nerf broken cw but instead they buffed them even more
    edited September 2014
    i will continue to do so as long as they dont fix 3xcw min teams if they fixed this with last mod why when ever i join some pve team have at least 3x cw in even 4x cw teams are common ,this problem made huge amount of ppl to quit game since they cant get pve teams for anything if not cw Ppl asking devs to fix this problem since cb and nerf broken cw but instead they buffed them even more

Where are these 3 CW teams you speak about? I cannot find any request for that anymore.

I have seen equal requests for:

- GF
    - DC
    - SW
    - CW
    - GWF

In LFG. Outside LFG it doesn't matter as you make your own group how you desire it.

By the way, the really geared people are no longer doing 5 man runs. They doing solo or duo, 3 men at most.

Sadly, I have yet to see demand for HR or TR.

But that is solely cause people are DUMB. A good PvE HR is amazing DPS. Hell, i do great DPS with my PvP spec Combat HR. As for the TR... I would gladly run with one. I take care of trash and do AoE, he murders the boss. Would speed up things.
    marc8219 wrote: »
    By "duo-running" aren't you just proving his point? You don't need the other classes, just CW OPness.
    Damage or control, it should not be both as the devs said, we just want them to stick to this and make it happen, because both are still happening when it should be 1 or the other.

I outgear the 9200 GS content by 10K GS. TR, HR, CW, GWF - each of these classes can solo CN. It's not something that belong to CW only. I think GF can also solo it as well.

So this is not a CW issue, it's overgearing by a huge margin.
    edited September 2014
    You are so full of **** it's not even funny anymore.
    edited September 2014
    You are so full of **** it's not even funny anymore.

I am telling the truth.

You just foaming at the mouth around the forums.
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    SW can only beat CWs by using a broken daily. HR is a joke, has nothing except damage, will never replace CW.

Get out CW apologist.

Sw can make double damage to CWs in Lol even after the bugged TT fix!

Btw HR is not a joke!
    It can out dps CW in dungeons like CN but HR is a harder class to play with and doesn't have an easy mode like GWF and SW.
    edited October 2014

In dungeons like Lol CWs are often replaced by SWs.
    edited October 2014
    wait, wait, wait ... cw dominates pve since beta and you guys still think that this is due to the fact that they are the best players?

cw is not just "easymode", cw can be played even by those who eat glue, please... is the facts. that is not my personal opinion. is the HISTORY OF THIS GAME.
    edited October 2014
    wait, wait, wait ... cw dominates pve since beta and you guys still think that this is due to the fact that they are the best players?

cw is not just "easymode", cw can be played even by those who eat glue, please... is the facts. that is not my personal opinion. is the HISTORY OF THIS GAME.

Yet another GWF with a personal history of hatred towards CWs.

You guys are fully pathological. Just as some CWs are pathological bout HRs, TRS or GWFs.

Can you grow up already?

You offering false feedback everywhere in the forums and just distorting the real data to seem that CWs are required in 3-4 man parties for w/e dungeon there is, when the reality is:

- eLoL/SoT are dominated by requests for a KV GF or GWF lol. People also ask for CW, SW, DC. Basically the only problematic classes here are poor TR and HR, and only. I repeat, ONLY because people are DUMB.
    - CN runs are done best with a SINGLE (i.e. just one) CW, and SWs galore even after their daily fix. CN dungeon design is OBSOLETE. It is clear you will never see anything like this from now on.

But most important.

PvE means nothing. It's easy. You can solo most of it on almost any class.

And even more important.

You should make groups with your friends, not from /lfg. Your class is unable to top Paingiver? Well hot ****. The world is coming to an end probably...
  • koalazebra1koalazebra1 Member Posts: 1,173 Bounty Hunter
    edited October 2014

xD those who eat glue
    edited October 2014
    Ok ...

1 - this forum is not about politics, philosophy, religion. We are discussing warrior vs wizard! The serious part is the part of business. i dont complain (much) about that. class balance involves that? yes, but... only devs have a good reason to complain about my "teenager side" (and, of course, need be smart about what is a troll feedback, hyperbole, etc ... this has brought many problems).

2 - as I said, fair or not, I do not think the cw get a nerf. then you deduct my intention. seems obvious ...

3 - I never invented factoids to destroy a "class x" or sustain the hegemony of mine. Cw is obviously superior. The first critics to the new cw were cws.

then get back.

1 - the nerf to the cw should have had an effect,"x", but the opposite occurred. is a fact "documented".

2 - between all dungeons / skirmishs in this game, I must admit a balance because of two exceptions? After this "rework" cw should not be dominant in ANY "obsolete" SCENARIO.

3 - "To be or not to be" the paingiver is not the question. If the "rework" had said "ok, now gwf's role will be 'x', and to assist you, I will give a super 'y', ok. Cw does not exceed sw in damage, but now have much more control. gwf not. we lose more than we gain. intimidation Maybe change it If you're creative. note: the class STILL FINE if your charater are strong and you a little creative. BUT is not a natural gwf thing in comparison to other classes.

4 - I do not use lfg since beta ... I just like to keep my character in line. the best for my little orc girl.
    edited October 2014

2 - as I said, fair or not, I do not think the cw get a nerf. then you deduct my intention. seems obvious ...

It did. Mod4 CW nerf was 2 pages.

Link here:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?708161-Updated-list-of-Changes-for-Control-Wizard-s-in-Module-4