test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pirate's Skyhold Quests: Cannot Advance to Reclamation

samthedaggersamthedagger Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2014 in Bug Reports (PC)
I completed Beneath Skull Fortress, Scoundrel's Retreat, and Reclamation, but I haven't been able to advance beyond Reclamation. I think I bugged out somewhere. Neverwinter has been disconnecting me a lot lately, so here's what I think happened. Last night I was leveling up in Pirate's Skyhold, and I disconnected right at the moment of quest completion for one quest or another (I believe it was in the middle of fighting the Scalefather in Reclamation). It was about the fifth time I had been disconnected that evening so I decided to give in for the evening. Today when I logged in, I figured I would have a quest to turn in, but I did not. I now have no NPCs with question marks on their heads at all quest-giver hubs; I have checked, double-checked, and triple-checked just to be positive. I have no active quests in my journal for Pirate's Skyhold either. So I believe when I disconnected, the journal might have been updating the objective and that caused the quest to bug out.

I have encountered a similar problem before when leveling other characters. One character has never been able to complete Neverdeath (which kinda sucks since I can never get the extra bag space). Another has never been able to complete Icespire Peak. Does anyone know of a work-around for this? I have tried asking in chat is someone would mind sharing the Reclamation quest with me to see if that would work, but no one has offered.

Before anyone offers, I do not need any assistance with my internet connection. It is very stable in general. Neverwinter is the only game where I am having these frequent disconnects. PW servers have always been finicky IME.

Thank you for any help in advance!

Edit Addendum: I pulled my quest log to find which quests I have completed in the 42-45 range (the range for PS). They are:
Something to Build On
Ahead to Skull Fortress
Eviction
The Scaled Menace
A Skyship's Remains
Network Repair
Nature's Bounty
Company Yargo
Hostile Takeover
Every Last Drop
Reclamation
Catching Light
Post edited by samthedagger on

Comments

• Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I had the same problem with Icespire peak questline - my warlock did first 3 quests on the map and never was able to receive their continuation (although didn't dc even once). I was wondering whether she has outlevelled them due to 2x weekend (those quests she did she was lvl 51 and they levelled her to 52), but I remember doing them on an alt which was even higher before...
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Contrary to popular belief: you CAN out level an entire zone. Apparently not all of them as some people claim they were able to "finish-off zones at level 60" - to them I say great! But your are the exception and not the rule.

What I am saying is this: is it possible you have out levels Pirates Skyhold? Have you tried the next zone to see if quest-givers are giving quests? I know it sucks when you can complete a zone on an alt. I have characters who completely missed out on Neverdeath and another who 100% could not do Icespire (not even the intro quest) all because they were invokers while I leveled an alt (they overshot the level just by daily invokes). :(
  • Options
    samthedaggersamthedagger Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I was level 54 when I started Pirate's Skyhold. Interestingly, I will note that the other day I decided to start playing one of my invoker/leadership bots and went to finish Neverdeath to get the bag space. I didn't have any issues completing Neverdeath at L60.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I had the same problem with Icespire peak questline - my warlock did first 3 quests on the map and never was able to receive their continuation (although didn't dc even once). I was wondering whether she has outlevelled them due to 2x weekend (those quests she did she was lvl 51 and they levelled her to 52), but I remember doing them on an alt which was even higher before...

You didn't talk to Valie, the blacksmith off to the side. Her quests are required to continue in that zone.

@OP - I think you've probably missed a quest from the squeaky voiced halfling girl at the camp about midway through the zone.

In Neverdeath, people have usually missed picking up one of Doomguide Orren's quests.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia