test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Artifact of gond, % chance?

diotelpdiotelp Member Posts: 115 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Does anyone know the likelihood of receiving the artifact, and is the drop chance higher in the more expensive pack?
Post edited by diotelp on

Comments

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Super low...probably less than 1%.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    baron335baron335 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I opened two and got 5 pearls each box then on my third got the Artifact. Doesn't help with numbers but it is gettable.
  • Options
    felinegamingfelinegaming Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Gratz!

I don't understand why this artifact gets so much love. At legendary, it gives you ONE tool providing +50% instead of a mithral's +40% good for ONE profession task at a time. It hardly seems worth paying 12million+ AD then another couple million leveling to legendary for +10% to one task at a time. Am I missing something obvious?
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Gratz!

I don't understand why this artifact gets so much love. At legendary, it gives you ONE tool providing +50% instead of a mithral's +40% good for ONE profession task at a time. It hardly seems worth paying 12million+ AD then another couple million leveling to legendary for +10% to one task at a time. Am I missing something obvious?

That is a very rare item and people loves to pay tons of AD for rare stuff.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    That is a very rare item and people loves to pay tons of AD for rare stuff.

Then put it in the bazaar as opposed to the "RNG from hell". Eat up some AD instead of just moving it around from one person to someone who got lucky.

Sorry, I just hate it when too many things are about luck - and yes, I hate lotteries.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Gratz!

Normally you can get to at most 160% quality, which means a 40% failure rate on Tier 3 items.
    With the artifact you can reduce the failure rate to 30%.

If you are mass producing Tier 3 items for sale that difference *really* matters.
  • Options
    anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    IT will sell for way less. People are out of AD and nobody will pay 12kk for that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    On-topic : "%" really don't matter (try upgrading a lvl 6 enchant and you will see)

And btw, with mithral tools selling at 50-80k who gives a fake about 10% chance :) and who is buying tool packs with zen ? They really need a mass tool / asset sink to sell those packs again after pumping tools on market for 3 months.
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • Options
    anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2014
    Then put it in the bazaar as opposed to the "RNG from hell". Eat up some AD instead of just moving it around from one person to someone who got lucky.

Sorry, I just hate it when too many things are about luck - and yes, I hate lotteries.

lol you're in the wrong game

Annnnnnyway, I'm kinda surprised to hear anybody is getting this at all. The Artifact of Gond isn't very useful or common, honestly. Even if you mass-forge tier 3 items, 12 mil AD?
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    lol you're in the wrong game

Annnnnnyway, I'm kinda surprised to hear anybody is getting this at all. The Artifact of Gond isn't very useful or common, honestly. Even if you mass-forge tier 3 items, 12 mil AD?

Yeah the tool isn't really that special, I'd rather get another set of tools. The stats are pretty decent if that's what you're after, but it's expensive. Paying for exclusivity makes sense although something I don't really recommend since they do a good job at making exclusive items not exclusive on multiple occasions. Though they'll likely keep the artifact limited to this event on repeat which is what we'd expect. Generally I find it a waste of money to try though, gambling here always seems to give less than I'd expect =/. Surprised to see all several listings bought out though so soon. May have considered one myself if I didn't blow it into investments that kind of failed. Made 20m from the other gond event, then invested it all which halved in price. If I waited I could've doubled that, but hopefully it'll pay off in the end anyway, eventually...