test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Too much types of currency

marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
There is way too much types of currency, tokens, symbols, etc in this game from campaigns, adventure zones, and events, its a full time job just figuring it out, this should be simplified and be less headache.

In Cryptic's other game STO there are rep systems which are similar to campaigns and they only use 2 types of campaign specific currency along with the normal currency to finish tasks, this should be done in Neverwinter also. All that is needed for campaigns should be a basic currency you get from every quest, and an elite currency that you get from harder quests and lairs and such, instead we have like 10 types of currencies or more needed.
Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
Post edited by marc8219 on

Comments

• Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I concur. I've been saying this since before day one.

At Star Trek Online they didn't even have THIS many different currencies and decided to merge more than half of them to simplify things. In Neverwinter there are so many different currencies I don't even bother doing the things that award them.

I've only JUST started my first Character - created on launch day of Open beta more than 18 months ago - in the Sharandar zone. And I may not even bother continuing that.
  • Options
    marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I concur. I've been saying this since before day one.

At Star Trek Online they didn't even have THIS many different currencies and decided to merge more than half of them to simplify things. In Neverwinter there are so many different currencies I don't even bother doing the things that award them.

I've only JUST started my first Character - created on launch day of Open beta more than 18 months ago - in the Sharandar zone. And I may not even bother continuing that.

I am in the same boat, I started over a year ago, and it was so overwhelming I left after a few days and only came back recently.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • Options
    mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Agreed. Less seals abd tokens would be preferrable. Not every single map needs their own and with low level seals, at the time you have enough to buy something, you have already outleveled all the items.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yep. Every module and every event keeps adding currencies. And not just one currency... anything from 2 to 6 entirely new currencies (take sharandar, one local currency for each area -seeds, blades and whatevers-, sparks, crescents, dark fey seals: 6 currencies, and I'm probably forgetting some, just for a single module).

We definitely need to get rid of inventory limitations for currencies, and of most currencies as well.
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014

What? I thought you were like a NW veteran based on your posts here. Your statement blew my mind! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    marc8219 wrote: »
    There is way too much types of currency, tokens, symbols, etc in this game from campaigns, adventure zones, and events, its a full time job just figuring it out, this should be simplified and be less headache.

In Cryptic's other game STO there are rep systems which are similar to campaigns and they only use 2 types of campaign specific currency along with the normal currency to finish tasks, this should be done in Neverwinter also. All that is needed for campaigns should be a basic currency you get from every quest, and an elite currency that you get from harder quests and lairs and such, instead we have like 10 types of currencies or more needed.

Agree with everyone... took me a while to just figure out what was the "main" currency. Also from STO, just figured I would give the game a try.. (got tired of grinding in STO)... everything is still new, love the voice-overs, but HATE the endless currencies
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    emt27 wrote: »
    Agree with everyone... took me a while to just figure out what was the "main" currency. Also from STO, just figured I would give the game a try.. (got tired of grinding in STO)... everything is still new, love the voice-overs, but HATE the endless currencies

Welcome to Neverwinter!

You will hear a lot of complaining on the forums, and some of the complaints have merit, but the game overall is pretty fun!!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    What? I thought you were like a NW veteran based on your posts here. Your statement blew my mind! :)

LOL True! (Looks at the date of my account under my name at the left: June *2012*) - and yes, I have only *JUST* started Sharandar on my original (Feb, 2013) Main character. And this primarily because it is *more* freakin' currency - yes, really, this is the honest and for true reason.

Star Trek Online introduced Boons a long time ago (they call it "Reputation") - and it bored me, so when I saw boons come to Neverwinter I thought "Oh great, they brought New Romulus to Neverwinter! ...meh". And more freakin' incompatible-with-any-other *currency*. So, yeah... just started the Mod 1 stuff. I might skip it and just do Mod 2, though.

I haven't decided. But in truth, I'd rather level up alts than continue on in level 60 stuff trying to earn MORE stupid currencies like Glory, Drake Seals, Pegasus Seals, Lion Seals, Sparks, Chits, Bounty, Tarmalune Trade Bars, Dragon Scales, Blades. Stupid shards of Light, Combat Supplies, Medals of Honor, Lobi Crystals... oh, wait, THAT one is Star Trek - but you get the idea. I wish the Devs would.

Jeezuzkriste... must I go on? LOL

Unfortunately, it really isn;t a laughing matter. :(
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    They have many types of currencies to gate content and prevent previously farmed effort to be put into having an advantage on their new content
  • Options
    blorkvonlubbblorkvonlubb Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I agree there are too many currencies. I recently filled up my currency inventory and couldn't complete quests until I got rid of some. What is especially aggravating is that many currencies are unable to be sold or dropped. If I don't want a currency I don't see why I should be forced to have it clogging up my inventory. And if by some chance it's needed for a future task and I'm too stupid to hang onto it, that's my fault.
  • Options
    anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2014
    I actually enjoy collecting currencies throughout the adventure zones (like little 'souvenirs', that's how I see the seals of Lion/Manticore, etc. though I discard the bounty stuff) but having a whole bunch for a single campaign is unnecessary (Sharandar I'm looking at you). 2 or 3 I can understand but 6-ish? Excessive.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    tousseau wrote: »
    True... but do we really need 4 or more new currencies for a new campaign?

Adding more currencies is the default way of creating artificial gates to new content without having to think of an ingenious one.

Of course it would be better if the currencies are less and instead we had an intelligent design to intertwine the currencies left, but that's wishful thinking.
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Adding more currencies is the default way of creating artificial gates to new content without having to think of an ingenious one.

Of course it would be better if the currencies are less and instead we had an intelligent design to intertwine the currencies left, but that's wishful thinking.

Writing statements like these is much easier than actually doing it. Any suggestions?
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    klangeddinklangeddin Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Too many**