test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is BarkShield good at lesser ??

xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
I just a random coal ward from the 7/7 (Hallelujah) and I'm thinking of making a bark with it.

I'm already loaded on my main, so I'll pass it to one of my alts.

Does it do the "0..0..0...0.." even at lesser? That's what I want.
Post edited by xplmao2 on

Comments

• str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Barkshield has been nerfed to work as the tooltip indicates, it is no longer useful for mitigating burst dmg.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xplmao2xplmao2 Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 232 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »
    Barkshield has been nerfed to work as the tooltip indicates, it is no longer useful for mitigating burst dmg.

That's a letdown.

EDIT: I've seen a bark user and it still sems to do the 0..0..0..0 thingy.
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Make a Soulforged and forget about any other armor enhancement: they are all <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
  • radiotubbyradiotubby Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2014
    I came back after a couple of months and found my 18k gs CW with perfect barkshield one hit by the Epic Shores boss. No more 30 kills in Dominion pvp neither.

I think bark sucks really bad now but I have a feeling it will be rebuffed later.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    The enchants should all be good choices but they aren't. Soulforge is the best armor enchant by far, for both pve an pvp. And for weapon enchant the 2 main choices are usually vorpal or plague, there is some other good ones sure but every enchant should be a good choice, then we would see more diversity in builds and playstyles.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    The enchants should all be good choices but they aren't. Soulforge is the best armor enchant by far, for both pve an pvp. And for weapon enchant the 2 main choices are usually vorpal or plague, there is some other good ones sure but every enchant should be a good choice, then we would see more diversity in builds and playstyles.
    It's true... When you're a high end player, there are only 2 enchantments that increase your damage by real %, and those are vorpal (because it gives critical severity based on your actual damage) and plague fire (because it reduces armor). The rest of the enchantments do weapon % damage, not % of your own damage, which means they don't benefit as much from high power.
    Another issue is that those two enchantments aren't just the best enchantments for PvP, but also the best enchantments for PvE. In PvE there is a little more diversity, people sometimes use lightning and terror, but at large you'll find vorpals and plagues more than anything else... And as a result, Greater Vorpal would cost 2x and almost 3x the amount of Greater Holy Avenger, even though they cost the same to make...
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    Make a Soulforged and forget about any other armor enhancement: they are all <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

Except in pvp, where without perfect SF you are usually killed prone and come up still prone and are just killed immediately again, giving out two kills instead of one. Also in pve it is a HUGE injury creator. I have gained 5 injuries in one battle thanks to SF. If you are tank, probably better to go with other options and if you aren't, there really are no other options.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Rogue Teaser! The 3 Trees will now focus on slipping in and out of stealth, disrupting foes with CC, and dealing spike damage.

u see that spike dmg
    after tr rework
    bark is looking prety good doesnt it .