test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kicked before chest loot in shores of tuern.

Comments

• chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Ok, where did my post go............
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    t8x wrote: »
    I have seen a few posts in this thread saying that it picks a random party leader. I am pretty sure that there are higher chances that the DC will become the leader. I am a DC myself and most of the time I am given the leader position.

It's not random, but my experience is that it depends on how long your character has existed compared to whoever you're playing with. Do you pug or mostly run with people you know?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • lenthowlenthow Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2014
    Sounds like the whole party agreed with him if you got kicked.. You were voted off the island. The people have spoken.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    lenthow wrote: »
    Sounds like the whole party agreed with him if you got kicked.. You were voted off the island. The people have spoken.

As he stated, he asked his "friends", if they wasn't friends I would have never of been kicked because I didn't do anything wrong. I get requests to team for dungeons/ skirmishes all the time because I know my class and help the team out. The reasons he gave made no sense so because he messed up, he wanted to blame me, maybe because I wasn't in his guild like the others, either way it's sad.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lenthowlenthow Member Posts: 37
    edited September 2014
    Fair enough.. I am just making light of it because even though it was really ****ty of them to kick you like that, I got a laugh out of it.. and I am sure the guy who kicked you with his friends is too.. They were likely just looking for any reason to kick you, and you would have probably been kicked regardless of what you had done.. You coming to the forums to complain about it is just adding to their enjoyment, I assure you. If you really want to do something about it, rather than just complain, I would list their @ names and start listing people who aren't worth partying with. It would be beneficial for the community and would actually do something that may negatively effect those people who wronged you... but as it stands right now, with you simply complaining or "QQing" or whatever, you are just making those guys day.
    edited September 2014
    lenthow wrote: »
    Fair enough.. I am just making light of it because even though it was really ****ty of them to kick you like that, I got a laugh out of it.. and I am sure the guy who kicked you with his friends is too.. They were likely just looking for any reason to kick you, and you would have probably been kicked regardless of what you had done.. You coming to the forums to complain about it is just adding to their enjoyment, I assure you. If you really want to do something about it, rather than just complain, I would list their @ names and start listing people who aren't worth partying with. It would be beneficial for the community and would actually do something that may negatively effect those people who wronged you... but as it stands right now, with you simply complaining or "QQing" or whatever, you are just making those guys day.

I posted on forums to let the devs know it still happens and something should be done about it. If everyone kept quiet then nothing would change :) and if the idiots who kicked me for no reason get enjoyment out of it then good luck to them, just shows how sad some people are.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's not random, but my experience is that it depends on how long your character has existed compared to whoever you're playing with. Do you pug or mostly run with people you know?

I don't think it defaults to the newest character, as both my HR (who I've been playing off and on since last fall) and my CW, who has been around since April or May, have found themselves as the party leader in groups with SWs.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I don't think it defaults to the newest character, as both my HR (who I've been playing off and on since last fall) and my CW, who has been around since April or May, have found themselves as the party leader in groups with SWs.

Fair enough and it's been a bit since I queued anything with random fills.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tradeactbdtradeactbd Member Posts: 50
    edited September 2014
    Reading this forum is like hunting for the dead sea scrolls. Half of what was there originally is nowhere to be found.

In any case at some point or another the "kicker" admitted to kicking the OP because he wasn't happy with the way he tanked. Yet, he waited till AFTER the boss was dead to kick him. They need to add a donkey punch option to this game where you just slam someone all the way across the zone and they get stuck to the wall for a day.

I find it simply amazing that the vote kick system has remained the way it is for so long...... It's like the wild west.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    If you que with a semipremade the random player gets lead, period. I was under the impression, that in a full premade the player with the lowest GS gets lead after a reque.

Sadly it is not allowed to call a ninja a ninja in this forum. Otherwise some ppl or even guilds would never get invited in groups with ppl who read the forums. In another MMORPG I played before, with a smaller community, you could either switch servers or stop playing, if you did stuff like that more than once. A ninja got named after the fact in a worldwide channel and if you found your name there more than once, you where done. A the guildleader of a ninja once offered to compensate all 11 raidmembers of the ninjalooter, to lift the 'ban' of the community.

Here all you can do is ignore players. My ignore list here is much longer than in any other game I played before.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • darkdraykendarkdrayken Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    And this is a lie, I was in at the very beginning and no one died at all....

You didn't like it when you ran into an aoe and got damaged that's it, nothing to do with me I'm not your babysitter. Get better and learn how to play rather than put the blame on someone else, or at least voice your opinions respectively, not kicking and insulting someone just because they didn't play exactly how you wanted.

Since my original reply was removed for no reason at all (Thanks a lot, moderators).

You, are a pathetic liar. I don't mind sticking up for the person who kicked you, you were not appart of the run from the start at all, like I said you came in at the very end and were horrible. Also, I wasn't hit a single time by the boss, I have punishing charge and sprint for a reason, I honestly don't care about it since that as long as the Drakes are gone I can easily solo the boss knowing both multi-player patterns and close range solo patterns. You were bad, deal with being kicked when the entire party voted you out. It's a little sad that you hide behind your lies and have the actual story deleted. Bad wallet warriors will stay bad wallet warriors.

PS: Another little bull**** you gave in this thread, you're saying that I "asked my friends to kick you" which is a lie once again, I've already said what happened. The only person I knew in the party was the leader himself; the two other party members were total strangers and were the ones who asked for you to be kicked. My friend, the leader, asked me if it was fine to kick you and I agreed to majority and allowed him to kick you, that is all. Also there was no dropped loot, so scratch that out of your "story" aswell.

• nerosolisnerosolis Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Something like this happened to my fiance as well. We reported the player and was eventually temp banned.
  • veshorokveshorok Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 127 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    snip

don't want to jump into your discussion. anyway it's your word against his and that's it.
    i just would like to ask politely what stands behind your will to kick anyone just for bad performance? assuming that there were no insulting during the run or ninja needing on drop.
    i had very interesting experience of soloing the boss from 70% or so. ok ye, 15k+ gf and dc from my party wasn't that great obviously. but still i succeeded, there was some even some loot - not the best one tho. i was party leader and didn't even think about booting others in order to prevent them from opening a chest.
    so building my assumptions on your statement of his poor performance that led to kicking - is that really enough for you and your teammate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    -snip-

Ok this will be my last post since you are clearly lying an just wont admit to it...

First, i was in the run from the very start.

Second, YOU said you asked your friend to kick me.

third, i don't pay money, i got my gear from actually knowing what im doing and playing dungeons/ skirmishes a lot.

And you kicked me because of a stupid reason, we did perfectly fine you just seem to have an anger problem. If i gained aggro at the begging and you was in front of boss, then run behind him...simple. My powers take a little time to activate so i get perma shield and can buff the party. Also the gf takes high dmg in this skirmish, if i take a 40k hit i will need to quickly back of and potion, does that really bother you ? so you and your friends can heal up but i cant ? Lol stop blaming everything on the tank man, you did a pathetic thing and now trying to make excuses up and just lying to people, well nice one im done talking to you.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    veshorok wrote: »
    don't want to jump into your discussion. anyway it's your word against his and that's it.
    i just would like to ask politely what stands behind your will to kick anyone just for bad performance? assuming that there were no insulting during the run or ninja needing on drop.
    i had very interesting experience of soloing the boss from 70% or so. ok ye, 15k+ gf and dc from my party wasn't that great obviously. but still i succeeded, there was some even some loot - not the best one tho. i was party leader and didn't even think about booting others in order to prevent them from opening a chest.
    so building my assumptions on your statement of his poor performance that led to kicking - is that really enough for you and your teammate?

As I said, I'm not the one that demanded the kicking so you need to stop with those false assumptions. The leader asked me if it was fine to kick him since the other two party members and the leader himself were complaining about his performance and how he got them killed. I didn't care about it myself since I didn't get hit once because I was constantly dodging. It's only after the party members complained that Crixus came up with his *****y responses that the leader asked me if he could kick him and I agreed to it, that's all.

If you want to complain to someone, complain towards the leader and the other party members who complained about it, I simply took the side of which seemed the most correct even though I wasn't the leader myself. Anyway, I'm not going to continue arguing with someone who has no clue of the actual situation and the "victim" in question who had a justified kick not only by his gameplay but also his attitude. No wonder he had to come on the forums to b*tch about a problem that light.

• sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As I said, I'm not the one that demanded the kicking so you need to stop with those false assumptions. The leader asked me if it was fine to kick him since the other two party members and the leader himself were complaining about his performance and how he got them killed. I didn't care about it myself since I didn't get hit once because I was constantly dodging. It's only after the party members complained that Crixus came up with his *****y responses that the leader asked me if he could kick him and I agreed to it, that's all.

If you want to complain to someone, complain towards the leader and the other party members who complained about it, I simply took the side of which seemed the most correct even though I wasn't the leader myself. Anyway, I'm not going to continue arguing with someone who has no clue of the actual situation and the "victim" in question who had a justified kick not only by his gameplay but also his attitude. No wonder he had to come on the forums to b*tch about a problem that light.

I put a rubber banding lag curse upon you and all other party members for kicking, may your game lag beyond playable limits.
    edited September 2014
    I posted on forums because this happens to people all the time and shouldn't. Also i already posted a link to your insult, so don't act so innocent. You guys played bad and blamed me, it's that simple. I hope people remember your name and are careful playing with you, incase they get kicked for no reason too.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    I put a rubber banding lag curse upon you and all other party members for kicking, may your game lag beyond playable limits.

I lol'd, got to remember this now xD
    I posted on forums because this happens to people all the time and shouldn't. Also i already posted a link to your insult, so don't act so innocent. You guys played bad and blamed me, it's that simple. I hope people remember your name and are careful playing with you, incase they get kicked for no reason too.
    Not sure about others but my own ignore bible became bigger.
    Still, shaming scru...people publicaly is against local forums rules :P So assume the thread will get closed very soon because of that...
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dont forget to sacrifice a shield maiden to the RGN gods to punish them
    edited September 2014

Too bad that's not going to happen. This is one side of things that causes me to be a solo player, people like you, crixus and anyone else siding on his story in this thread, including vasdamas who thinks he/she is clever by openly calling people scrubs in which he/she actually has no verified information on neither player nor the situation itself, talk about maturity. Of course I'll be seen as the bad guy since I'm going against a majority of idiots who clearly gave themselves the right to judge every member of the party without having no idea what actually went on and support someone who's clearly breaking the rules, too.

I think the leader had all the rights to kick him, and the other party members had all the rights to complain.

- He was not tanking.
    - He was simply running around, causing the boss to spin around and attack party members, therefore not doing his main and only job.
    - He was arrogant at the end, trash talking about gearscore and that the other ones who were dying were bad.

We judged it was fair to kick someone who came in the last 2 minutes of the run simply to run around the arena and not do his job all the while endangering the party and causing the downing and death of some (I dodged everything, so I personally don't give a ****). Therefore he, did not deserve to get to the chest when he put no effort in the two minutes he was in the run, it would have been easier doing it 4-manned so we didn't have an idiot running around baiting the boss attacks on us.

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited September 2014

This. Double this. Can I add my juju to the mix? People that kick for no apparent reason during dungeons and skirmishes are the bottom feeders of the gaming society. Just yesterday I got kicked just before the final boss in normal SoT for (get this) looting too much!? I mean WT actual F people? How the hell else am I going to lvl my artifact weapon - the skirmish was made for that sort of thing. Oh and by the way all you raging noobs that cry you can't see what's going on coz the items are blocking your view: Hit the escape button FFS!!!
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
    edited September 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »
    This. Double this. Can I add my juju to the mix? People that kick for no apparent reason during dungeons and skirmishes are the bottom feeders of the gaming society. Just yesterday I got kicked just before the final boss in normal SoT for (get this) looting too much!? I mean WT actual F people? How the hell else am I going to lvl my artifact weapon - the skirmish was made for that sort of thing. Oh and by the way all you raging noobs that cry you can't see what's going on coz the items are blocking your view: Hit the escape button FFS!!!

For no reason? It'd be great if all of you stopped splurting **** out of your mouths with your biased statements and actually start reading the reason why he was kicking.

Not going to keep arguing with people who have no clue of the situation and build fake assumptions as their arguments to sound a little heroic in a situation where the "victim" was punished rightfully and by the major consent of the entire party.

• mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Nope, it picks a random leader. that could be a 7k gs guy who doesn't even know what hes doing....

Like the guy who kicked me, he was a low player...

Yup, In skirmish there is random leader as is in Gauntlgrym dungeons. In other dungeons there is vote kick after entering.

I really think the vote kick should be 3 votes to kick and there should be leader only in pre-made parties and vote kick in everything else. Also there should be +/- reputation option for players in case of such kicks, so you could remember who tended to play as an wild-*** and everyone could see that if someone gathers large negative rep by gathering parties and kicking people once the dungeon is completed or in boss fight. This ofcourse needs first the fixing of the leader randomization bug when entering or exiting dungeons.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
    edited September 2014
    For no reason? It'd be great if all of you stopped splurting **** out of your mouths with your biased statements and actually start reading the reason why he was kicking.

Not going to keep arguing with people who have no clue of the situation and build fake assumptions as their arguments to sound a little heroic in a situation where the "victim" was punished rightfully and by the major consent of the entire party.

Oi Tiny Temper chill kay? I wan't referring to you in specific but kicking in general. It's a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> system and panders to the exploiters and jerks who ruin the game for the rest of us.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This person is just ridiculous, OP gave everyone a prove link and he is still trying to look like a victim. How miserable.

P.S forums are so entertaining again when mods aren't around ^^
  • galahad01galahad01 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Hello All,

Sounds like the same person I got in a SOT run one time, Well I said it once and I'll say it again,

" There should be NO kicking after entry "

This would solve this kick B.S. completely, geesh what are the people going to do now???? Take screen shots of every group they get with just in case this happens, play with FRAPS so they can have an audio record as well so they have all this proof of what happens.

Please Devs just code it so there are no kicks when you enter a dungeon, and if someone DC's then use the vote kick thingy.

I'll give you a couple examples, I have been in SOT when someone got DC'd I had the crown so I said to the party will give it a few minutes, I know it sucks to wait but I have been there.... and sometimes for whatever reason connecting agin isn't as smooth as we all would like it, so I went for a bio break and grabbed drink ( approx. 5 min ) the person wasn't back yet, so unfortunately, he/she got voted off the island. Now here is the interesting part, when this was done, I was the only one that kicked the person, I expected the window to pop but it didn't?????? One click ( From me :( ) and the person was gone.

Next example, I was able to get into my first run of LOL, very interesting and fun got to the boss tried a few times and we ended up losing our tank... maybe he/she was getting fed up or thought it was supposed to be a walk through I don't know. I personally told the party maybe I should leave to cause I couldn't believe I was having such a hard time with this one but I was told no stay, and we ended up pulling in a Healer, and we finished it. I was so happy that I felt I should give the healer something so I traded 10 Gold with the person.

My point of this.. I felt myself like I should leave and I would have voluntarily but I was told to stay and was happy I did as I couldn't believe it when I got out that that run was actually an Epic LOL, which I never would have entered in the first place if the LFG would have been posted as such, as all the ones that I seen were looking for 15, 16, 17+ GS and I only had 14? which isn't bad I suppose but still wouldn't have even asked to go along if they posted it as ELOL.

Cheers!

P.S.

Where does one obtain the Dragon Gem as I done SOT runs, a lot !!! and still haven't seen one of these elusive pieces of crystal, do you only get it out of the " other " chest that you have to buy the key for?

If that's the case I would be broke and still wouldn't have a gem yet. Am I missing something????

Take care All.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

" May The Wind be Always At Your Back "
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited September 2014

lol.may the rng gods struck ur toon with endless mindless grind
    edited September 2014
    It's not the the voting and leader systems that need to be addressed but grouping also. I just don't group with friends for pvp anymore especially because, after every single match, someone doesn't leave the group and logs or whatever, meaning I cannot queue us up. Then when we disband I cannot re-invite my friend nor him me. NW should follow in WoW's footsteps and make the initial group you were part of prior to the match/skirmish/dungeon remain afterwards and not lump us in with the randoms we met up with in there. Would be a massive QoL improvement.
    Our pain is self chosen.

edited September 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    This person is just ridiculous, OP gave everyone a prove link and he is still trying to look like a victim. How miserable.

P.S forums are so entertaining again when mods aren't around ^^

If you're going to pathetically be an <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to someone, then complain to the party leader and the ones who died. I'm only here to provide information on the matter, I'm not the one who kicked him so quit being a b*tchy child.

It's truly disgusting to see this kind of behaviour being so common in this community, again that's exactly why I'm a solo player because as soon as you come back towards someone who victimizes themselves when you were actually there to witness what really happened, you're suddenly the bad guy and the one to blame. Disgusting, childish behaviour.

I agreed to him being kicked because I saw what happened and the other members were complaining constantly, I was not the one to kick him nor was I the one to request a kick. When the leader asked me if he could kick him (Making sure he wasn't a friend of mine or some other reason), the OP started throwing a fit by insulting the entire party mainly referring to our gearscores, that's when I told the leader he could go ahead, that I had no problem with it.

Know your ****, people. If you don't know anything, refrain from acting like an all-out *sshole towards someone who is not even to blame, I'm simply trying to help here and give information on the situation so people can come to an understanding.

Oh, and by the way the picture he took of my messages were on another run that was shortly after the one where the problem happened, he decided to act like an arrogant after everybody died at the boss except me and a control wizard, we finished the boss off since he was at 1/5HP. He trash-talked once more and complained about how he was kicked in the earlier run and I responded by giving him the harsh reason as to why the leader kicked him.

• mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    lirithiel wrote: »

I have said this before and will say it again: Please do not loot green items in skirmishes or group dungeons as it is really annoying. Not only does it take more time to run trough when someone is spending time going collect everything, he also forces others to spend time refusing the loot and takes away attention from the battle AND THERE ARE JUST SO MANY TIMES I HAVE DIED IN MASTER OF THE HUNT WITCH BATTLE WHEN SOME **** STARTS TO COLLECT EVERYTHING ASAP AND CW ISN'T AS TANKY AS NEAR EVERY OTHER CLASS AND DRAWS AGGRO LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW!

If you need to have green loot, go run for few hourst to Sharandra, Dread Ring or Icewind Dale. There you bother nobody, get your green loot and everybody is happy. During skirmish event there is hurry to go trough the skirmishes as fast as possible, plus it is annoying.

Personally I have set my own party leader Need/Greed treshold to epic just because of this. It has few of its own problems, but not even close to the **** looters problem...

PS. Esc button is not is not solution, as I must move my whole control hand out of position to reach it and I really hate the Esc-Alt scheisse when neither wants to clear my view with one stroke, esc getting menu up and not working with alt and alt working randomly and getting aways from the movement too when pressed on wrong place.
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.