test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Astral Diamonds spending limit

yvictor122yvictor122 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
Can someone please tell me what is the spending limit of AD before level 60? Thanks in advance.:)
signature-CG5G6RNR_zpsa5351efb.png
Post edited by yvictor122 on

Comments

• midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I think I heard someone say it was around 100k, but that's just what popped into my head first. So, its probably wrong.
  • canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yvictor122 wrote: »
    Can someone please tell me what is the spending limit of AD before level 60? Thanks in advance.:)

What do you mean "spending limit"?

So far as I'm aware this game doesn't have spending limits (beyond actually having the currency to spend of course). The AD refining cap is set to 24k from the word go - you can't refine any more AD as a Level 60 than you can as a level 1 - it's just until you reach level 60 you're unlikely to actually have 24k to refine.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    canis36 wrote: »
    What do you mean "spending limit"?

So far as I'm aware this game doesn't have spending limits (beyond actually having the currency to spend of course). The AD refining cap is set to 24k from the word go - you can't refine any more AD as a Level 60 than you can as a level 1 - it's just until you reach level 60 you're unlikely to actually have 24k to refine.

A while ago they put a spending cap on the AH per day (I think it was per day...) unless you have a level 60 character on your account.
  • canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    A while ago they put a spending cap on the AH per day (I think it was per day...) unless you have a level 60 character on your account.

Never heard of this. Then again, I've never really done a whole lot with the AH so not surprising.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's part of a security measure and as such, the exact amount is an internal matter, not even disclosed to us.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • whoamireallywhoamireally Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Well. The max amount of AD you can spend is like 100k-ish. However, you are able to purchase expensive items. I am unsure what defines an expensive item, but the flipping point is 570-800k.

Additionally, some items seem to not be limited. For example, companions. I was able to buy a neverember guard for like 170k AD the other day.
  • marc8219marc8219 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    An unreasonably low amount that makes it hard for new players to be competitive in low level pvp. Its bad enough with all the twinked out alts using perfects and rank 8+ enchants and Mulhorand and Xvim stuff, but its even worse being told you can't buy the stuff to compete with them because you hit your limit. Totally unfair.
    Tala -KDF Tac- House of Beautiful Orions
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2014
    I don't like it, but I don't think it will affect 99+% of players. How many people really try to spend 100k AD a day before even getting a SINGLE level 60 char on their account?
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    I don't like it, but I don't think it will affect 99+% of players. How many people really try to spend 100k AD a day before even getting a SINGLE level 60 char on their account?

People who acquired illegitimate ADs on mule accounts. To limit potential damage on the economy (once the AD has been spent you can't really track it anymore, and can't blame the seller if he's not the main account). That's the intent. Does it work? I don't know. Levelling a character to 60 isn't that long if you rush through content and play a CW.
  • rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    diogene0 wrote: »
    People who acquired illegitimate ADs on mule accounts. To limit potential damage on the economy (once the AD has been spent you can't really track it anymore, and can't blame the seller if he's not the main account). That's the intent. Does it work? I don't know. Levelling a character to 60 isn't that long if you rush through content and play a CW.

I get why the limits there, it doesn't affect me anymore as I have 2 60's but when I started playing I was relatively new, I had an account that had existed since beta though. I had friends at 60 already, and as I have a pretty good and stable income I decided to spend some money on zen to exchange for AD, and I remember when the limit popped up I was confused and got pretty angry lol. it let me buy some things like keys and Epic enchantments, but not other things like new blue armor or random stuff like enchants.

In the end I respect the reasons it is there, but I can also see why it is annoying. I'm guessing the amount is around 100k, but it seems to stack at times because I purchased a rank 8 radiant at one point, and then couldnt use auction house for 2-3 days after that. It made me rush my path to 60 though so I missed out on enjoying the story simply because I wanted unhindered access to spend my AD which I had exchanged zen for, which in reality is my fault for impatience.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,