test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why rerun Pitfight CTA when there are others that haven't been CTA yet

iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Next month they are rerunning the Pitfight CTA , probably the most mindnumbing CTA of them all , yet there are a few other Skirmishes that are yet to be made into CTA , why rerun Pitfight?
YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I wanted the Shadow Wolf on my HR badly. I'll likely try to get him the Shadow Wolf this time around and I am glad he is getting the opportunity sooner rather than later but unless the Mount Upgrade prices drop a bit more I am going to be in no rush for him to use it like I was before.

However Pit Fight is actually one of my more favored CTA's for rewards. I'm glad it's being rerun.
    Sure it might be nice to get some other ones done but truthfully I spent more time in Pitfight than any other CTA other than Orc Assault.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anything, anything but defend the village... God save us if that happens. No way in hell I'm going to carry low levels and keep a dozen phase spiders off of them.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Anything, anything but defend the village... God save us if that happens. No way in hell I'm going to carry low levels and keep a dozen phase spiders off of them.

Wait until you have spammed that small circular arena 100+ times for a shadow wolf , Defend the village is heaven in comparison , unless of course they finally listen to the community and add the companion/mount to the CTA store , its the best reward but an awful CTA.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Wait until you have spammed that small circular arena 100+ times for a shadow wolf , Defend the village is heaven in comparison , unless of course they finally listen to the community and add the companion/mount to the CTA store , its the best reward but an awful CTA.

Already got a purple Zen mount so it matters not to me. Besides, watching the boss come out and glide across the screen like a kite is always worth it.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Agree with OP. And Straight To Helm hasn't even been re-CTA'ed. Personally I like skirmishes in which players keep advancing and see scenery/environment keep changing, such as Storming the Keep and Straight to Helm. We can do zerg in those skrimishes, and zerg is fun!
    edited September 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I"m sure they'd tone it down a bit. They've done so on every lvl45+ skirmish turned CTA. And frankly, I think the lower levels can use the practice in teamwork. They'll need it later on.

Defend the temple was mid-level. Those Barrow lords could 1-shot you. They didn't tone that one at all.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Pit Fight may be a placeholder on the schedule. They've changed the scheduled CTA before, and they haven't started adding Barbarian Bows and Pact Blades to the collections.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Does this skirmish have cool transmutes?
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    two30 wrote: »
    Pit Fight may be a placeholder on the schedule. They've changed the scheduled CTA before, and they haven't started adding Barbarian Bows and Pact Blades to the collections.

I'm almost certain this happened before. I'm betting we'll see a fresh CTA.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Next month they are rerunning the Pitfight CTA , probably the most mindnumbing CTA of them all , yet there are a few other Skirmishes that are yet to be made into CTA , why rerun Pitfight?
    CTAs that have been developed already are developed to re-occur on a semi-regular basis. This was stated early on in the development of them before we got any. This is why we see re-occurring CTAs before new ones have been developed and released. Some will occur more freaquently and others not so much and the reasoning is most likely based on Lore reasons and other Events being Scheduled. Re-occurring CTAs does not impact development of new ones. Different Teams, different duties.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The shadow wolf is a cool mount, so I won't mind trying for it on my SW. I'm interested to see what the pact blade transmute will look like as well. I'm not a huge fan of the Grey Wolf Dye Pack, but that's no big deal.

Personally, I'd like to see the Storm the Keep one revisited; I like the Damaran transmutes, the Swashbuckler dye pack, and it was kind of a fun instance.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • obsiddiaobsiddia Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,025 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Gatecrashers wins mind numbing title. I know a lot of people really wanted the Shadow Wolf. At least mine won't be lonely now. :/
    Did you really think anyone could steal the power of the god of thieves?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    I actually really loved the Pitfight CTA. Not mindnumbing to me at all. It was fun and quick and had decent rewards.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There is honestly only a few left undone. I dont expect a CTA version of Blacklake terror or Aberrant assault simply due to their levels. Blacklake being far too quick and easy to make a good CTA, and Aberrant assault being a level 60 skirmish that cant be out leveled. Yes, I know the bridge skirmish is also a level 60 CTA, but it was a CTA before its level cap was raised.

That really only leaves Defend the Village and Storm Front. Id actually REALLY like to see Storm front as a CTA with nifty dwarf themed skins.
  • sprawlfxsprawlfx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Not complaining, but I got the shadow wolf on most of my characters. The only one of my characters that doesn't look ridiculous riding him is my halfling. It appears too small for even my small framed elves. Of course you may disagree, but I just wanted to say that in case it somehow helps save someone some disappointment. I have Fey Wolf as account unlock.. same thing, can't use it.

As for this skirmish.. I will never enjoy the 'wait for next wave' skirmishes. The fun of them for me is doing them rapid-fire. Where the rate of action is only determined by your party's movement and its ability to continue living. =)
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I actually liked pit fight the last time it was around so no complaint here. Of course, the last time was right before mod2 so it was before everyone could become wildly OP with artifacts and the right active pets, so it may seem a bit slower now with a longer wait due to killing everything in 1/3 of the time.(I have good memories of 5 CW parties in there going wild.)

Why Pit fight again? My guess is that they do not have any others developed with critters that scale to the level of the toon attacking (or other party-balancing changes.)

The only other one to repeat was the Orc Assault, and that was a last minute substitution for Defend the temple earlier this year. (If I remember the names correctly) I assume that was a development delay, because the next month Defend the Temple was released.

BUT.... Please... I hope they fixed the Shadow Mount bug from last year. The Shadow Mount was a unique BoP item, you could only have one in your inventory and if the chest had one in it, you could not get the chest rewards until you discarded your existing Shadow Wolf Mount.
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Does this skirmish have cool transmutes?

You can see some of the transmutes in the below link:

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Pit_Fight
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    two30 wrote: »

Placeholders have always been the last active CTA though.

Sure it could be nice if it was a fresh CTA but the fact it is reappearing after about a year since its initial release I would not hold my breath. :)
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's an easy and fun CTA so I'm okay with it.

Yeah the last two remaining (realistic) ones, Defend the Village and Storm Front, would be hard to turn into a CTA, given all of the complaints (mostly justifiable, IMO) on the Gate Crashers CTA.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    pointsman wrote: »
    It's an easy and fun CTA so I'm okay with it.

Yeah the last two remaining (realistic) ones, Defend the Village and Storm Front, would be hard to turn into a CTA, given all of the complaints (mostly justifiable, IMO) on the Gate Crashers CTA.

What about Mind Flayer one ? Abernaut Assault ?

you forgot about this 1?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »
    What about Mind Flayer one ? Abernaut Assault ?

you forgot about this 1?

lol I never even done that one. The daily skirmish around that area was confusing and only said Stone of Subjugation so I never bothered.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I mostly missed this one the first time. Happy enough to see it repeated.

There are very few skirmishes they haven't done.

(Hoping they come up with some way to CTA Blacklake anyway, because somehow I missed it on one character!)
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I mostly missed this one the first time. Happy enough to see it repeated.

There are very few skirmishes they haven't done.

(Hoping they come up with some way to CTA Blacklake anyway, because somehow I missed it on one character!)
    Missed it on my first character, before I realized you could outlevel the skirmishes. So I would like to see this one as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • canis36canis36 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    The shadow wolf is a cool mount, so I won't mind trying for it on my SW. I'm interested to see what the pact blade transmute will look like as well. I'm not a huge fan of the Grey Wolf Dye Pack, but that's no big deal.

Personally, I'd like to see the Storm the Keep one revisited; I like the Damaran transmutes, the Swashbuckler dye pack, and it was kind of a fun instance.

I would love to play it with my new video card - the last time it was up I tried it and barely made it through one run even with graphics set to minimum thanks to freezing and rendering issues.

Same with most of them in fact. I think the only ones I've managed to play were the original Orc Assault, the Ebon Downs one, and the Mt. Hotenow bridge one. The others I either couldn't get to when they were on for various reason or logged in tried and had to drop out before finishing the first run due to graphics issues.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Eh, I missed this the first time, so I guess I'm OK with it repeating, although I'd rather have the Storm the Keep repeat, missed that too and I'd love to have a Damaran Rapier to transmute onto my artifact weapon whenever I get the right one. :P
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    They have a very small team and budget and recycling assets is very economical
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anyone who doesnt want this even has no clue on how important the shadow wolf mount is.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    obsiddia wrote: »
    Gatecrashers wins mind numbing title. I know a lot of people really wanted the Shadow Wolf. At least mine won't be lonely now. :/

+1 to this one. Terrible... So much waiting around for the next group... lalala, where's the mobs. Oh, there they ar..... oh, they're all dead. *times passes* *more time passes* oh, here comes some more mobs.... oh, they're all dead. *time passes* Oh, look, the chest it glowing now, time to do this all over again!

I want them to do Blacklake district... like so many players from the very beginning of the game, I didn't realize you couldn't go back and run skirmishes later like you could normal DDs - it wasn't until I had already outlevelled the blacklake skirm (back then, there wasn't an NPC there with a dialog and quest to queue for it) so on my main character, I'm still missing that one. It's like someone poking me in the shoulder repeatedly.