test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it possible to produce a lvl 60 toon during 2x Exp event by only doing foundry?

ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Foundry
Just saw 2x Experience event has been scheduled in next week. I might try to produce a lvl 60 toon during the event if that is easy. The reason to do that is to get my class artifact.

However, I really don't want to go through the same quests once again. Is it possible to achieve the goal by only doing foundry? Or is there an easier way?

The class of the toon I might create would be CW, the same as my only toon.
Post edited by ianthewizard2012 on

Comments

• rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It would take ages. Easier way is doing the quests.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Given that someone once got posted that they leveled a character in under a day real-time using quests (In fact they were initially banned but later unbanned when support had a look at the quests completed), then with double XP you could should theoretically be able to level in 12 hours following the story-line.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I leveled a GF from lv 1 to lv 60 in 13 hours during the x2 EXP event, now it would be even easier with one of those "experience booster" and it's even faster in party with an experienced player. Playing foundries would be slower but I think it would be possible to get to lv 60 in that way.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The problem with foundries is the XP gain is capped. You can only gain so much so fast due to exploit issues. So i'm honestly not sure if double xp will work in your favor here. It can actually work against you by forcing you to cap out faster.

Your best bet might still be questing and loading up with xp scrolls from the various promo packs and zen store, to maximize the event. As far as im aware, all the xp bonuses will stack.
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thank you.

It looks like doing all quests again is inevitable. On the bright side, the toon will be a free storage space and a helper for invoking/leadership. Thanks Cryptic.
    edited September 2014
    You could always try to level via PVP :p
    edited September 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    You could always try to level via PVP :p
    Doesn't that take even more time than foundry? A fast match still need 10 minutes or so.
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Just make the quests as fast as you can, use a EXP boost from Zen if you want, or IDK, but doing the quests from the main campaign is the fastest way to lvl a character.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The problem with foundries is the XP gain is capped. You can only gain so much so fast due to exploit issues. So i'm honestly not sure if double xp will work in your favor here. It can actually work against you by forcing you to cap out faster.

Your best bet might still be questing and loading up with xp scrolls from the various promo packs and zen store, to maximize the event. As far as im aware, all the xp bonuses will stack.

Are even Featured Foundries XP capped?
    edited September 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Are even Featured Foundries XP capped?

Im honestly not sure. I had heard they had some exemptions. I just dont recall what they are.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have tried to level up with foundry..
    XP seems capped at around 4000 counting xp from monster + final chest per a certain time limit.
    If you do a foundry and it takes you 25 minutes you can make 11k xp. (tested)
    Again though if you PVP you can make 11k xp in less than 25 minutes.
    I did most of my lvl ups 11 - 60 in pvp ?(didn't do any quests above lvl 11 until I was lvl 60, and I still have many SGT Knox quests to do.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    edited September 2014
    Just make the quests as fast as you can, use a EXP boost from Zen if you want, or IDK, but doing the quests from the main campaign is the fastest way to lvl a character.
    Not going to spend Zen/AD on a dummy toon. Personally I don't like this requirement of getting class artifact.
    edited September 2014
    I did most of my lvl ups 11 - 60 in pvp ?(didn't do any quests above lvl 11 until I was lvl 60, and I still have many SGT Knox quests to do.)
    Even a level 10 character can earn 11k xp in less than 25 minutes via pvp?
  • shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    And if you're going for the class artifact from IWD you still have to get to a level 3 boon from one of the other reputation chains and get that 10.5k gear score just to get into the area.
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2014
    Best way to level is through questing, I'm pretty sure that's a fact. The XP from killing stuff is about the same as that from running foundry quests, but the XP from turning stuff in is huge.

So, stick to Srgt. Knox.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    featured quests (including previously featured) have no XP cap
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    You can level with just foundries. I've done it before. Doing it in one weekend might be tough, but you can certainly a character without doing anything but foundry quests.

Also, why are you doing another control wizard if you just want the class artifacts? Wouldn't it make more sense to do something else and get two different class artifacts unlocked instead of one?
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • benja32gonsalesbenja32gonsales Member Posts: 236 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Not going to spend Zen/AD on a dummy toon. Personally I don't like this requirement of getting class artifact.

We are 2 then...
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Featured quests, tend to be 80% dialogue, 10% running around, 5% non combat (riddles) and 5% actual fighting. (mostly with mobs that aren't suitable for gaining exp, at all).

---

Campaigns are the worst. You play for 60 minutes and have gained no loot, no gold, no kits, no potions. But hey, the dialogues can be actually good (which isn't what we are looking for, in order to get to 60 by doing foundry missions, though.

---

However, there are well designed "grind quests" without dialogue and tons of mobs, out there. These quests give way more exp in a shorter timeframe than any of the not so great - featured ones do.

Not anymore. Because of the contest theres a ton of grind maps, or near enough just grinds, with encounters after one another. Just check the newest ones and find the lower rated foundries, they tend to be just full of it. They are rated bad because people expected story from them but got a grind instead.

Temple of all colors and none is just one example among many that are currently up, yourll have to search through them for the "best" (and more to come each week) theres a bunch of other encounter heavy grindy quests, just look for the ones which have low ratings (people expected story when doing them)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • tipadaknifetipadaknife Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Or, The Artifact, one of the most popular contest entries, is only #3 in the standings. I'd love to see it grab that top spot.

It still have the best joke I've seen so far.

In that small village in the middle of that featureless flat plain, you come across a woman in a marketing stall who complains that she is so busy. She is selling nothing. And there is nobody around.

Best joke.

Then once you fall into the well, the killing commences.
    dec2014nwsig.png
  • dtzdtz Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Or, The Artifact, one of the most popular contest entries, is only #3 in the standings. I'd love to see it grab that top spot.

It still have the best joke I've seen so far.

In that small village in the middle of that featureless flat plain, you come across a woman in a marketing stall who complains that she is so busy. She is selling nothing. And there is nobody around.

Best joke.

Then once you fall into the well, the killing commences.
    Believe it or not, while playing some of the entries that have yet to be featured, I found one that was even worse. If "Faerun's Finest" winds up being featured for the contest, I suggest you imagine that the entire quest is actually a drunken hallucination, and your character is really in the alley behind the Driftwood Tavern stabbing barrels and vomiting.
    Rank 8 Foundry Grand Master

Check out my Foundry questline, The Brightstone Explorers' Guild, now archived on Youtube!
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have tried to level up with foundry..
    XP seems capped at around 4000 counting xp from monster + final chest per a certain time limit.
    If you do a foundry and it takes you 25 minutes you can make 11k xp. (tested)

Wouldn't that be a lot more repetitive than doing the questline again since it's basically two different maps that aren't even all that different?

Also, I should add that Tyranny of Dragons stuff can be started at level 26, so you can get some XP from working on boons, which is kind of nice.

As for featured quests, they are completely uncapped. Basically, same as the normal questline. I'd recommend trying Cragsteep Crypt, (If you can handle it that is, probably a good thing to do at early levels while everything is easy) Old Magic, and several others I'll probably think of when I'm more awake.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.