test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gateway Maintenance - 9/20/2014

jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The Gateway says that it is down for Maintenance.
Fortunately the Game itself seems to be running fine.
Anyone else getting this?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
Post edited by jorifice1 on

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, got the message just now...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Same here, it looks like it crashed. Im going to be hitting withdrawal pretty soon here. Can already feel the shakes coming.
  • elvenaarelvenaar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So I've got siege supplies coming off cd in 30 mins and Gateway goes down? Come on, it's almost midnight, I'm sooo not going to relog into the game itself for this much...
  • raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Yup, that's what I got too.
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Hey folks. Sorry, yes Neverwinter's Gateway is undergoing Maintenance at this time. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on Maintenance Completion at this time. When we learn more, we will relay any information available. STO's Gateway is unaffected.

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
  • rlrobrrlrobr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Come on man, it is not maintenance, the gateway has crashed. At least be honest.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    rlrobr wrote: »
    Come on man, it is not maintenance, the gateway has crashed. At least be honest.
    I am not being dishonest, nor would I ever be. To suggest otherwise is quite offensive. That message only appears when it is undergoing maintenance. If it crashed and remained down, you wouldn't even get that message. It may have crashed and then as a result; needed maintenance to get back up. As it stands now, even the Community Team doesn't know what caused the needed Maintenance.

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Great Gygaxs' Ghost! I forgot how ^@*$^*@ inconvenient it was to manage your Leadership Toons without the Gateway.
    Brain melting........
    Fix please?

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • nerosolisnerosolis Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Getting feisty in here.

So since we know this is a crash due to no forewarning (I know a 'whoops, wrong button' crash when I see it), we won't know the full story because PW would much rather say nothing is wrong. Getting any kind of ETA would be nice, even if your group doesn't want to admit fault.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    There was a day I misplaced my phone, I was unable to find it for a few hours. I felt useless, I felt like I lost my arms. This, somehow, feels worse. Technology has turned us into idiots.

Please gimme my fix, before I am forced to do something....useful! :p
  • stretch611stretch611 Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The gateway has been down for about two hours now...

Any estimate when it make return to the living?
    @stretch611

Murphster - SS CW | Jennsen Rahl - MoF CW
    Taarna - GWF
    Eowyn - Protector OP | Leela - Devoted OP
    Mara Jade - TR
    Leeloo - Tempt SW | Kahlan Amnell - Fury SW | Galadriel - Damnation SW
    Sturm Nightblade - GF
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    jorifice1 wrote: »
    Great Gygaxs' Ghost! I forgot how ^@*$^*@ inconvenient it was to manage your Leadership Toons without the Gateway.
    Brain melting........
    Fix please?

Lawsy yes, it really is. Wah!
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited September 2014
    Still no word, sorry folks! I'm tapping them again. Almost out of mana...

Safe travels,

PWE Community Moderator
  • emt27emt27 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    There was a day I misplaced my phone, I was unable to find it for a few hours. I felt useless, I felt like I lost my arms. This, somehow, feels worse. Technology has turned us into idiots.

Please gimme my fix, before I am forced to do something....useful! :p

Bummer... on notebook and can only run web stuff... guess I will have to find something productive to do as well
    Say something relavant or hold your tongue
    edited September 2014
    Thanks for your efforts, Zeb. I just hope it's not going to be down all weekend. I'm supposed to be babysitting my husband's account too and Gateway really is heavensent for managing this stuff.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• blacksladdiblacksladdi Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    :(

hate having to log into my alts to do this, takes away from the dragon farming!
    edited September 2014
    I can log in, oh frabjous day, calloo calay!

Neverwinter Census 2017

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I can log in, oh frabjous day, calloo calay!

I'm back in now as well.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited September 2014
    And I now see that I managed to miss starting two supply pack crafting tasks in time to collect before bed. Boo.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Must have settled down just as my destroy enemy camp tasks completed. I didn't notice anything.
    edited September 2014
    It's back folks, sorry about that! When we find out what happened, we'll reply here.
This discussion has been closed.