What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140909a.2

Comments

• kingcalouskingcalous Member Posts: 55
    edited September 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    This still BLOWS my mind......

ICD on Red Glyphs PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

$$$$$

Its about $ man. These are the new tenes, everyone has to have them so it drives key sales up. I don't think its going to get fixed for quite some time. The worst part about it to me is it forces GF to spec into gimmicky reflect builds which take no skill and, as a result, are no fun. =\
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Glyphs don't come from lockboxes, they come from the dragonborn pack and the new skirmish and dungeon how the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> does this involve money when they are peanuts on the ah. But seriously there is no reason for the red glyphs to stay the same or else more and more will leave pvp cause there being so much unmitigated damage, o lets give hrs another thing to melt everyone.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    So no fix for the GF Knight's Valor reflect build?

Are they even aware of that?
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Can you plz fix the warlock Vampiric embrace bug, it's not geting any damage bonus. ex.
    If me or anyother party member lower the target mitigation all my skills will do greater damage, but vampiric embrace doesn't get any damage bonus regardless who debuff the target.
  • canmanncanmann Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So no fix for the GF Knight's Valor reflect build?

Are they even aware of that?

Without the stupid glyphs this build isn't a huge problem. I repeat... the build and powers are not the problem the broken overload enchants are the problem.
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    GLYPHS are no longer about the $$$.

I have like 6 of them Red ones from running random skirmishes and a few LoLs. Which I still refuse to use. Tried a Green and it was still OP. Even Blue ones are OP, after the "fix".

The glyphs drop quite often from new content. Their price on the AH is quite low and affordable, 15-20K/pop.

Conclusion: they no longer serve as a good AD sink.

There is a reason for Tenacity, DR, Deflect. Things that ignore EVERYTHING, including dodges, need to go.

Worst offenders:

- Glyphs - need to have ICD and respect Dodges, DR, Deflect.
    - Storm Spell (cause too much damage, at least mitigated). Damage needs to be moved to encounters.
    - Piercing Blade damage needs to be moved to encounters and be dodgeable and mitigated.
    - GF permadaily build needs to disappear. Chill Immunity on Block needs to go as well. 3 seconds after freeze is ENOUGH.
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    candinho2 wrote: »
    Can you plz fix the warlock Vampiric embrace bug, it's not geting any damage bonus. ex.
    If me or anyother party member lower the target mitigation all my skills will do greater damage, but vampiric embrace doesn't get any damage bonus regardless who debuff the target.

Can't say I ever noticed such a thing on my warlock, all I know is when I use the power its surprisingly effective, go from half health gone to full health and about 25% or more of Temp HP to boot. Not sure what more you can be wanting from this even if it is not benefiting from extra damage or bonuses it seems to have a pretty substantial effect regardless.
    edited September 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Wards do not count in this and will not cause items to bind. I repeat, ward behavior is not changing. Also, this is specifically for items bound because your account was on probation, not say the bound wards you get out of the 7 day invocation reward.

Does anyone know how this affects barkshield shards? I'm starting to worry that bound to character shards is intended and not glitch.
    edited September 2014
    Please fix the glyphs already. They are destroying PvP together with:

- GF perma-daily. This is a HUGE bug.
    - GF blocking Chill. Bad, bad move.
    - CW Storm Spell damage that needs to be moved to AVOIDABLE encounter
    - HR Piercing damage that needs to be moved same as above

What is the GF perma Daily? My GF does not appear to have anything that resembles a perma daily anything ... however prior to GF changes fighting the beholder allowed my daily to build with one hit from the beholder big attack and 2 from the others ... so I was popping supremacy of steel before its effect was even over.
  • dillygirldillygirl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    GLYPHS are no longer about the $$$.

- Storm Spell (cause too much damage, at least mitigated). Damage needs to be moved to encounters.
    -

do you mean the CW class feature Storm Spell, or the At-Will Storm Pillar?
    in the latter case, you probably meant "The Assailing Force feat / Assailant buff should only trigger on encounters and not on any damage", or "... should only trigger once per ability / on cast".
    I don't know is Storm Spell is any different since the expansion as I haven't used it since, it did decent damage before but other class features seem to be equally good or better. Storm Pillar only started to do lots of damage since I have the Assailing Force feat (last in the Thaumaturge tree), Storm Pillar can trigger Assailant which deals 15% of the targets max HP as unresistable damage (max 8x weapon damage though). That is what deals a lot of damage and should maybe be changed, at least for some abilities.
    Storm Spell can also trigger this, although Storm Pillar is more likely to do so since it deals several ticks of damage, and since there's a chance to get Assailant on all damage dealt.

BTW, I can't get into the Preview Server atm. Dunno if others can, but I also heard someone couldn't start it since the patch from these notes.
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Newest dungeon, more then one year after the game got released, now has a CHANCE to drop a t1 item, which was not even the best tier when the game got released. Why the **** should the newest and the most difficult dungeon drop t1 items? Do you not want us to PvE either????? I dont get it.

You dont want us to PVE, you dont want us to PVP. luckily there are plenty of dailys to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dr. Phil
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So... Still no fix for the TR's missing walk animation? OK.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • shhbaconshhbacon Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    WTB crashing fix... seeing 4 ppl disconnect in one dom, and 1-2 ppl disconnect in almost every dom, is starting to get annoying.
  • helpimblindinrlhelpimblindinrl Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    At last the currency issue will be fixed, the most dangerous boss in cn is finally being removed and you are adding lol t1 trash and blues to lostmauth for reasons. You won't give us good loot or a good dungeon but have all the guardian fighter offhands you want. Great......
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited September 2014
    As a note, we have a fix for glyphs no longer triggering from reflective damage sources. I am not yet sure if it will be released next week yet however.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As a note, we have a fix for glyphs no longer triggering from reflective damage sources. I am not yet sure if it will be released next week yet however.

Dude, Panderus, thats really NOT the issue. Still wont fix the fact that players using DoTs can blow people up with these enchants...

I dont get why you wont just put an ICD on this thing....
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited September 2014

So the melt fest done by stacking dots will persist, great. So much skill involved to apply dots and win.......
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014

Cant you just remove the **** thing from PvP? Everybody wants the same thing. Either fix it to a few seconds CD or remove it completely. And can you please take a look at GFs 100% daily uptime and their AP gain with KV ? Also can you please check out KV creating massive lag?
    Dr. Phil
  • bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited September 2014

The real issue is red dragon glyph which almost everyone in PvP is abusing.

Devs, you guys should try PvPing against people using glyphs to get a sense of how ridiculous they are.

I don't know if it's because of the concern of potential profit loss (since greater glyphs are mostly from lockboxes) or what, but glyphs need to be GONE, even 1 sec ICD on blue glyph is too much for most people to handle. Stop trying the ignore the issue.
  • xmousepadxxmousepadx Member Posts: 381 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    The biggest problem about Glyphs is:

#1: Slot 2 of the same kind greaters/lessers and they have a 100% uptime.
    #2: They ignore any kind of dr, tenacity and deflect
    #3: Some dot encounters trigger them each second like knee breaker
    #4: Classes with the fastest hitting at- wills have an huge advantage over others, aka duelist flurry, ray of frost, careful attack and several SW skills.

If they wouldnt ignore tenacity, dr and deflect + they would work like they should aka only a 20sec uptime, they would still be very good but not overperforming.

Edit:At the monemt they kinda work like tenes back in beta, which we all agree were way too strong. The only difference is, that they have a 100% uptime and the dmg is always the same.
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Glyphs should respect dr,deflect,tenacity and should have 1 sec icd or else disable them in pvp.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Really shouldn't have to say this, but...

This is a patch note announcement thread, not a gripe thread. If you cannot keep your feedback constructive and refrain from ranting at the company and/or posting about issues not related to the announced patch simply because a blue/red name posts in that thread, then kindly refrain from posting until such time as your commentary meets the standard of constructive feedback/criticism, as stipulated in rule 3.15 of Rules of Conduct.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • magiquepursemagiquepurse Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Can you kindly DISABLE them in PvP?/

I would really love new items and such, but even with this fix, they are incredibly overpowered, as a few veteran PvPers already stated above me.

I would also love to see them respecting DR/Dodging, proccing only on encounters or something to remove the fast ticks from cummulated DoTs/fast at-wills etc., but...

Keeping my feet on the ground I realize this is a lot of work for you guys.

So...

Can you please disable them from PvP altogether?

Thank you.
  • gorakasulgorakasul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The real issue are Red Dragon Glyphs in PvP.

What this fix does is ruining Black Dragon Glyphs in PvE for Guardian Fighters while not really adressing the issue with the Red ones on abilities with multiple hits per second in PvP.

Please reconsider this and think of a way of balancing PvP without <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> over PvE.
  • skylher12skylher12 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    yep remove glyphs from pvp period. its just not gf's that are taking advantage of this, hr's and cw's with them are unkillable as well.

also hr's double thorn ward bug is back as well... pvp is getting ruined more and more and it really is a shame
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    just to know. the gwf should choose between damage and tank, he really receive a nerf in the tank, but can not compete with the sw in damage.

cw is more hegemonic than ever even after the "rework" of the combat designer ...

so... is ok? that is what you guys have planned? no more changes? real changes?
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    i dont get it whats so big problem in 600 damage procs from red ?some ppl have over 50khp now so how dose 600 procs gives u big problem ?
    changes u want for new glyphs would made them totaly useless in pve
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Fix GWF sprint Animation
    Fix GWF greatswords on hes back so they doesnt penetrate our body and legs u guys just could move their position on our back by few degrees and done.
  • zekethesinnerzekethesinner Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    warpet wrote: »
    i dont get it whats so big problem in 600 damage procs from red ?some ppl have over 50khp now so how dose 600 procs gives u big problem ?
    changes u want for new glyphs would made them totaly useless in pve

Coz, i dont know, usualy(for gf always) this red glyph dmg is highter than normal dmg enemy is doing? its 600 yeah, but u can see 50 of those in this 20s... if not more. I will leave calculating to u, u should be able to do it.

This discussion has been closed.