test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

character respec = 50% reduction in crit chance?

cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
edited September 2014 in The Nine Hells
I did a character respec yesterday to my fury SW, and since the respec, my critical chance has dropped by roughly 50% of what it was (38%) and has made a noticeable negative impact on DPS.

the only things I really changed, were applying all ability points to CHA & CON. is this correct, or a bug? I'm confused as to how adding more AP's to these can have a negative impact.
Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
Post edited by cerberusxll on

Comments

• championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I did a character respec yesterday to my fury SW, and since the respec, my critical chance has dropped by roughly 50% of what it was (38%) and has made a noticeable negative impact on DPS.

the only things I really changed, were applying all ability points to CHA & CON. is this correct, or a bug? I'm confused as to how adding more AP's to these can have a negative impact.

Did you forget to take the critical feat as well? Also your boons did oyu change or forget to apply your boons. Those will have a decided effect on your crit chance as well.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I made written records of everything I had, feats, powers, boons, the lot.

after the respec, I went to great lengths to make sure I selected everything I had already had. the only changes I made were to the ability points.

I can't figure out how changing a few ability points into the traits that are supposedly meant to boost crit chance and damage bonus can result in a 50% crit chance reduction.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    How much crit chance did you have before and how much do you have now ?
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    38.5% before, 18% now
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    38.5% before, 18% now

Wow that's a big drop, you will have lost some crit from taking points off charisma or maybe you had buffs on at the time, like campfire bonus, potions or there is many other buffs too. Also have you changed your items around at all, to affect your crit stat ?
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    that's the thing, I haven't taken anything off charisma, and the only buffs I had before, are the ones that I have now. crit strike is pretty much still the same rating it was before (3.5k).

I have made no other changes to affect crit chance or crit rating.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Your base crit chance should be about 32% or a bit higher then with 3500 crit strike. Whatever your Charisma adds in will get you where ever.
    edited September 2014
    problem solved, I was looking in the wrong section.