test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cloak of Lesser Etherealness removed?

mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I just did Whispering Caverns on my Warlock but didn't receive the Cloak of Lesser Etherealness as a reward, instead getting a Warlock main-hand weapon.

Anyone else have this happen to them?
Post edited by mconosrep on

Comments

• nahsinahsi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    I just did Whispering Caverns on my Warlock but didn't receive the Cloak of Lesser Etherealness as a reward, instead getting a Warlock main-hand weapon.

Anyone else have this happen to them?

Yes. Same thing happened to me on my Guardian Fighter last week or so. I was quite disappointed about it. At first, I had just thought I had done something wrong. Your post gives me reassurance that I didn't.

What does one do about it at this point?
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited August 2014
    What you do?

Get killed by stealth CW/GWF/GF in IWD, since as of this point, one can not get the item in question anymore, and I doubt that the old cloaks will be retroactively changed into green quality Mainhands.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    That sucks, I was going to finish of WC and get that on my SW tonight, guess I won't bother now.
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is there any SW out there with the cloak?
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    So any way to obtain this cloak now?
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I am glad my TR has this cloak. But by main does not because I never finished those quests. :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow! None of my characters have that cloak because I hit level 60 before finishing the area - then it was off to other things, like Sharandar.

Hope they bring that back, as I was considering getting the cloaks in the future. :(
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was really disappointed :( At least they could give us a blue main hand for completing the last non-campaign quest in the game.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    None of my characters have that cloak because I hit level 60 before finishing the area - then it was off to other things, like Sharandar.

Same for me. I'd never bothered with Whispering Caverns since I'd hit 60 before then and I wasn't following any meaningful story. I looked at the wiki a few weeks back to see what rewards I may have missed out on and saw the cloak. Interested I started going through with my GWF but got distracted with ToD and Warlock so never completed the final quest.

Oh well. I don't know what I missed out on and will still complete Whispering Caverns so I can at least say I've done it once.
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Wow. That's kinda sad. I only have this cloak on my main, and keep meaning to take an alt or two out to get it as well.

Be nice to hear an official word on it though. It was a nice little item to get for finishing the full adventure.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yea, when I was leveling up last week on my new SW... No cloak.

hC8F7A883
    va8Ru.gif
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not sure why everyone wants to get the cloak. It's not very useful. Under its effect, mobs can still see you when you walk just a bit closer to them. And players have reported that it doesn't hide visuals like Ioun Stone. And its recharge time is too long. The last time I used it is about one year ago and it has been sleeping in my bank since then.
  • bishopksbishopks Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Did they really intentionally remove it? I have it on several characters and I don't see how it could be so impactful in the game - one little hit, attack, wrong look and no more stealth. It's not full stealth anyway best as I can tell...more like a 'not quite so easy to see' thing.

But, I don't pvp much past lvl 10, so...what do I know.
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same for me. I'd never bothered with Whispering Caverns since I'd hit 60 before then and I wasn't following any meaningful story. I looked at the wiki a few weeks back to see what rewards I may have missed out on and saw the cloak. Interested I started going through with my GWF but got distracted with ToD and Warlock so never completed the final quest.

Oh well. I don't know what I missed out on and will still complete Whispering Caverns so I can at least say I've done it once.

TBH the cape is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> anyway xD Takes AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGES to recharge, and takes up an inventory slot. xD
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
  • prejekpaddlefishprejekpaddlefish Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Not very useful, but a unique, fun item nonetheless. A nice reward for completing the levelling quests. I was disappointed it was replaced with a redundant piece of loot, and my warlock has to be the odd one out amongst my characters.
    edited August 2014
    Not sure why everyone wants to get the cloak. It's not very useful. Under its effect, mobs can still see you when you walk just a bit closer to them. And players have reported that it doesn't hide visuals like Ioun Stone. And its recharge time is too long. The last time I used it is about one year ago and it has been sleeping in my bank since then.

Because it's unique and fun.
  • damnataanimusdamnataanimus Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Because it's unique and fun.

Yes for like 5min after you get it, then it rots bc the cd is too long for it to be useful xD
    May the RNG Gods smile on you today!
    Adorable Temptress - 23.4k Temptation SW
    Mara Angelbane - 22k Thaum CW, Vaya Con Dios 15.2k Dragon CW.
    Mara Shadowskiss - 21.5k Destroyer GWF, Mara - 17.2k Sentinel GWF
    Mara Duskwalker - 15.4k Healing DC
    Mara Hawkeye -14.6k HR
    Mara Spiritforge - 16.9k Tanky GF
    Bad Religion - 14.7k Pew Pew DC
    Mara Shadowstouch,Maara - TR's
    edited August 2014
    cdnbison wrote: »
    Wow. That's kinda sad. I only have this cloak on my main, and keep meaning to take an alt or two out to get it as well.

Be nice to hear an official word on it though. It was a nice little item to get for finishing the full adventure.

Where did you read any official statement?

Basically for the same reason why it is rotting in your bank and you havent deleted it.

But it was in fact usefull in GG and in other PvP situations where you know there is a zerg train coming and you have no other way to get away. The cloak was/is a life-saver in these situations. If this is the reason why it was removed, I have no words... All my alts have it anyways. Only my new Warlock will not have the chance to get it. This doesnt make sense at all!

I would like this change to be removed or a way to obtain the cloak in a different way.
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
  • redyummiredyummi Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I was waiting to finish the Whispering Caverns, just to get this cloak for my SW... Guess what, there was no Cloak of Lesser Etherealness and I also was at lvl60 at the time. Was it removed from the game ? Very disappointed.

As a side note, I took my GWF through that map about 6 months ago and he had been level 60 for a long time and he got the cloak. So all I can assume is it was removed from the map or its now bugged for getting the cloak.
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Gutted to hear that the Cloak of Lesser Etherealness seems be missing from the game :( !!

Perhaps the change wasn't intentional ya know? Oversights and mishaps are common here so if we keep drawing attention to the thread, maybe we can get an answer. Devs please do reply and let us know if this is intentional or not? I want that item really bad and would love to see it added back in, please.
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • lordfuzunlordfuzun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 54
    edited September 2014
    Changes like that are almost always intentional. Something changed the rewards tables for the final mission of WC. It was a unique items so that eliminates a mass update causing the items to be removed. It would have to specifically targeted to get it.
    edited September 2014
    The point is that there was no reason to remove it, since old players have it anyways.

This only pisses off people.

Please change it back and add a way to earn the cloak in a different way or sent them by mail to every level 60 warlock.
    - Dualspec
    - Armory
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2014
    ......... why?

It was a small, nice addition. Cool, but not broken or something (as far as I know).

*sigh* small stuff, but still disappointing. I only got the cloak on one char (ignored Whispering Caverns on the others).
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Try doing it with a group, not soloing it. Often rewards can pop up better that way when you're doing the lower quests.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    edited September 2014
    Try doing it with a group, not soloing it. Often rewards can pop up better that way when you're doing the lower quests.

I don't think you understand what we're talking about.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014

I really don't mean to be rude, but did you even read this thread? Or even the thread title?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • runebanerunebane Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    ......... why?

It was a small, nice addition. Cool, but not broken or something (as far as I know).

*sigh* small stuff, but still disappointing. I only got the cloak on one char (ignored Whispering Caverns on the others).

I can not for the life of me find the post. But I seem to recall a long while back where they mentioned not liking the cloak. IIRC players asked to be able to put stuff like the cloak into a potion slot. The response was something like how they didn't want to fill the game with activation based items that became required to use.

Funny considering they added artifacts which pretty much work just like players asked for. Perhaps the removal of the cloak from the quest could lead to an artifact version of it. Would probably be overpowered though.
    Halgarth's Legacy - NWS-DSTGFZHFR
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've only ever finished Whispering Caverns on one character because of lack of time, but I always figured "someday", right?

Very disappointed.

On the bright side, no particular reason to bother finishing it now, is there?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
This discussion has been closed.