test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Siege of Neverwinter Dev Livestream

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited September 2014 in News & Announcements
Hey Everyone,

Next Wednesday 9/17 we’ll be broadcasting a special episode of Neverwinter Adventure Hour featuring the Siege of Neverwinter Event! Get an exclusive sneak peek at the entire Siege of Neverwinter event the day before it goes live from 2:00 pm-3:00PM PDT!

Prizes: If we hit 2,000 viewers on our livestream we will be giving away a special blue-level companion to everyone who joins the livestream! We have even more prizes to give away during the livestream including Dragonborn Legend Packs and Starter Sets of the Icons of the Realms D&D miniatures!

Learn more here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/7005423

-Dwight
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Ooooh a blue companion , count me in xD ( so easily bought >_< )
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • rhoricrhoric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Now if it was a blue mount i would be happy *hint hint*
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is it secret? Is it safe?
  • tiverpw01ativerpw01a Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Sounds wonderful, enjoyed the last live stream but I work that day. Which means I'll miss the code and the chance at a companion, darn :-(
    For the Star Trek live stream, once they reached the viewing goal the code was made available so anyone could use it during a 24 hour period. That way even those who could only watch the live stream later could do so and get the item. Perhaps you could do that too, it would encourage live viewership and not punish those who cannot watch it live due to real world issues. Thanks!
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Please let the siege result in the death of Sgt Knox, or Lord Neverember. The bad guys need to win one sometimes.
  • samothrace22samothrace22 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Please let the siege result in the death of Sgt Knox, or Lord Neverember. The bad guys need to win one sometimes.

harsh, what did Knox ever do to you except help you get to lvl 60
    ────────────────────────────
    SAMOTHRACE
    Trickster Rogue
    ────────────────────────────
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2014
    charononus wrote: »

As much as something like that would be interesting, it would confusing to the story at the very least. To have Sgt. Knox be dead for some people, but not for the newcomers to NW?
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    As much as something like that would be interesting, it would confusing to the story at the very least. To have Sgt. Knox be dead for some people, but not for the newcomers to NW?
    Dead to some, handing out food stamps for others, aiding a rare few in battle with the rest.
  • crazymikeecrazymikee Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Dead to some, handing out food stamps for others, aiding a rare few in battle with the rest.
    makes perfect sense
    Coach Mike - 19.1k PvP CW
    CRAZY MIKE - 14.6k PvE CW

Backbone - 16.7k PvP HR
    [SIGPIC]http://i59.tinypic.com/s3hts7.png[/SIGPIC]
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anharmon wrote: »

Well they'd have to replace him as a quest giver.
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Ooooh a blue companion , count me in xD ( so easily bought >_< )

what loots?
  • arcticmedicarcticmedic Member Posts: 40
    edited September 2014
    I'm assuming the livestream is associated with the game's Twitch channel, but how do you associate the fact that you are watching the livestream with your actual Neverwinter account? I saw someone mention that they will "miss the code". Do you simply broadcast a code that you use in the Z store?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    dodgo wrote: »
    what loots?

it was the Valindras invasion skeleton dog
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • yoadoadyoadoad Member Posts: 182 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I'm in! Let's see how it goes
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Having fun with the code!

Perfectworld_community: Here's the Code for the Dog everyone! <removed>
  • matthewm00matthewm00 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Having fun with the code!

Perfectworld_community: Here's the Code for the Dog everyone! <removed>

The product key you have entered is incorrect. Please check to make sure you've entered a valid key and try again.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    matthewm00 wrote: »
    The product key you have entered is incorrect. Please check to make sure you've entered a valid key and try again.
    The code was for a limited time only and has since expired. Even two other Moderators and myself missed it.
  • morduumorduu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    The code was for a limited time only and has since expired. Even two other Moderators and myself missed it.

I have to say this is not cool! I was able to watch/participate in the stream at work, but don't have Arc on my work computer so couldn't enter the code. By the time I got home the code was already expired. This sort of thing does not foster a positive community.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The problem was people floated it the moment it was given out!

This was a hard one as I don't know how they couldve given it to us any other way, there were 2400 total in the channel (give or take a few). It would be nice somehow to have it emailed to us as a unique code somehow instead, so each of us could claim one total. .
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    I am not in favor of the direction they are taking. I understand this is a casual game, but to hear them completely ignore any chances of skill being a factor in future updates does sit that well with me.

Heroic encounters mean braindead gameplay, it does not reward skill or effort, it will involve RNG-gating of loot, it does not encourage guild integration or teamwork.

I also heard from the livestream that they do read every post so here is my plea:

Even though most of the content you guys will be making in the future will cater to casuals and punish hardcore players, I do hope that you guys have a little something to players who invest a lot of time, effort and money into this game. I do hope that there is some plans for more pvp maps, pvp modes, possibly 10-man raids, or a heroic tier of the same recycled dungeons with better loot.

This game is largely a casual game full of casual players, but you will need to feed the hardcore community something once in a while because if the dying hardcore community goes away because of a lack of endgame, this game will have nothing to stand on and nothing to entice players to stay and grow with the game.
  • jennyavarieljennyavariel Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 167
    edited September 2014
    ....if the dying hardcore community goes away because of a lack of endgame, this game will have nothing to stand on and nothing to entice players to stay and grow with the game.

Why would the tiny minority of 'hardcore' dungeon grinders / farmers absence affect the game at all? When the BiS pvpers leave, it'll let others compete on a more even playing field. When the 20k GS PvEers walk, there will be fewer of them spamming zone chat asking for other 20k GS CWs etc. to join 'speed runs' of VT, MC, LoL.

The departure of the 'hardcore' will *help* the game.