test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Zen Promo Question

fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
will Redcap Powrie companion and Lord’s Armored Polar Bear Mount be BOUND or BOE ? if i buy all those itmes ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by fauust01 on

Comments

• rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The companion is most likely bound, the mount is most likely BoE.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

• ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    News Post wrote:
    Now’s your chance to own one of the rarest mounts in Neverwinter! The mount will be Bind on Equip and can be obtained only once.

The powrie, without asking for more details, will likely be an account unlock and claimable on every character,
  • bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    The companion *could* be account wide, most of the other rewards like titles are and they didn't say either if it's a single companion or not.

*crosses fingers*

EDIT: Ambi beat me to it.
    My Foundry Quests:

The Silver Sword - NW-DEIPWYISA - Daily Qualified
    A Relaxing Stay - NW-DEEYNZYZ9 - Daily Qualified but going to be updated
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thx Bambi and others
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bazgcbazgc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 184 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    So this event isn't for anyone that already completed all these?

The Huge Boost is Account Bound, so whilst not ideal you could still get it and save it for an alt.
    My Foundry Quests:

edited September 2014
    nvm, I read it wrong.

math is good accualy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »
    will Redcap Powrie companion and Lord’s Armored Polar Bear Mount be BOUND or BOE ? if i buy all those itmes ?

I'm interested in the Powrie but, of course, Perfectly Vague Entertainment (you might already know it for "This power has a certain chance to do something" and "This item does something for some time") doesn't state whether the companion is an account unlock or a single BoE item (in the tooltip shown in the post it is already bound, so it gives no clue either) :P
    edited September 2014
    I'm interested in the Powrie but, of course, Perfectly Vague Entertainment (you might already know it for "This power has a certain chance to do something" and "This item does something for some time") doesn't state whether the companion is an account unlock or a single BoE item (in the tooltip shown in the post it is already bound, so it gives no clue either) :P

in game collections BOE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I never gonna start a new char in this game, its way to expensive. I have one char with 10s/legendary/all boons, not ever gonna do all that work ever again. :P

I also did the math for how much Zen you have to pay to get the mount, posting it here so others can skip the math. Its the cheapest possible items.

Purchase either item
    : Stone of Health, Greater Stone of Health
    Zen: 500

Purchase either item
    : Scroll of Life, Scroll of Mass Life
    Zen: 300

Purchase either item
    : Blood Ruby, Blood Ruby Pack
    Zen: 800

Purchase either item:
    Legendary Dragon Key, Dragonborn Legend Pack
    Zen: 300

Purchase one of these items:
    Huge Experience Booster, Sharandar Campaign Completion, Dread Ring Campaign Completion
    Zen: 5000

Total Zen for the mount: 6900

If this is all accurate, that's STILL 13,100 Zen LESS than the 20K Zen you had to transfer into Neverwinter in order to get the Lord's Armored Polar Bear mount the last time. Note: I am not complaining at all, I think it's a great opportunity for others who want this mount. Which by the way IS BoE - and you can get only one per account (all you have to do is actually *read* the post to know this stuff, sheesh).

So, if the above is *accurate* I may even make another go at a APB because that thing is freakin' awesome (read: fekking gorgeous as mounts go).
    edited September 2014
    in game collections BOE

There goes my interest... if it's BoE it's a single item... not worth 5k zen for an item I don't really want :/
    edited September 2014
    There goes my interest... if it's BoE it's a single item... not worth 5k zen for an item I don't really want :/

it will sell for more then 5k zen value in AD at AH i guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I like the promo this time. New titles and way less expensive. Much better marketing people. I would like to see a blue companion one time. I dont expect epic but blue fitting for the price point.
    GShBCGl.jpg
    edited September 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    I like the promo this time. New titles and way less expensive. Much better marketing people. I would like to see a blue companion one time. I dont expect epic but blue fitting for the price point.

its epic look collection tab ingame
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'm glad that this time the promotion doesn't require the purchases to be made sequentially on specific days. I suspect that their Customer Service reps will be happier too.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • glacestglacest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is there a wait time after making the proper purchases to qualify for the polar bear? Does notification come ingame mail or regular email? Doesn't indicate on the news announcement. Asking because I made the needed purchases and none of the rewards have shown up anywhere...yet. I logged out for awhile then back in and still nothing.
    edited September 2014
    glacest wrote: »
    Is there a wait time after making the proper purchases to qualify for the polar bear? Does notification come ingame mail or regular email? Doesn't indicate on the news announcement. Asking because I made the needed purchases and none of the rewards have shown up anywhere...yet. I logged out for awhile then back in and still nothing.

From the promotion page:

*Please Note: All Reward items will be sent on 9/19. Players can only receive each reward once.
    My Foundry Quests:

edited September 2014

*Please Note: All Reward items will be sent on 9/19. Players can only receive each reward once.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    lol Not worth it in the slightest. Not wasting $50 for a single companion. Money is better used for Guardian of the North or Feywild.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014

*Please Note: All Reward items will be sent on 9/19.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • glacestglacest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bazgc wrote: »
    From the promotion page:

Hmm. They apparently did an edit to that page. I had to force a total refresh to get that line to show up. It wasn't there when I first hit the promotion page. Thanks tho.
    edited September 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    lol Not worth it in the slightest. Not wasting $50 for a single companion. Money is better used for Guardian of the North or Feywild.

keep in mind u can use ingame AD - > exchange for zen -> buy those -> more or less u get those free just for playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    keep in mind u can use ingame AD - > exchange for zen -> buy those -> more or less u get those free just for playing.

Still not worth it, not to mention, not everyone currently has 5000 Zen floating on their account to begin with, meaning you have to wait a week just to get it, meaning you're screwed.
  • felinegamingfelinegaming Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The powrie, without asking for more details, will likely be an account unlock and claimable on every character,

Can we get official word if the pet is an account wide unlock? Additionally, the promo page shows a lvl 30 pet. Is this a purple pet?
    edited September 2014
    Clarification would be welcome.

Past promotions have been green quality BoP account-unlock companions.

The collection page in Gateway is also indicating the powrie is purple and BoE, which means they may have gone with something akin to the Lord's Armored Polar Bear, where you can claim it only once but get a higher quality, and you can sell it if you choose to.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Is there a certain time you have to buy the items needed for the Redcap Powrie companion? As in; do I have to wait until the day before the promo ends before I get the companion and is it even worth $50?
    edited September 2014
    It appears that the qualifying purchases can be made any time through the entire promotional window. They don't have a bunch of day 1, day 2 type restrictions laid out.

Neverwinter Census 2017

edited September 2014
    Is there a certain time you have to buy the items needed for the Redcap Powrie companion? As in; do I have to wait until the day before the promo ends before I get the companion and is it even worth $50?

Single 165/165 companion, no, just no.

If it were account wide I'd not hesitate to get it. Pay $10 more for DLC and you've got yourself both an account wide mount and a companion with good bonuses.
    edited September 2014
    Crazy as it might sound, there are many people who've been wanting a powrie companion just because it's a powrie companion. They don't care what active bonus it has.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Crazy as it might sound, there are many people who've been wanting a powrie companion just because it's a powrie companion. They don't care what active bonus it has.

After being a thorn in my side for a while now, I may just be willing to spend for a Powrie companion - but only if it's an account-wide unlock. We need clarification on this!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
    edited September 2014

It SHOULD just be made a normal Zen store companion for the love of Azmodeus.
    Instead they have something like a leprechaun. I've seen 2 lightfoot thieves, but NOT one of em. Because nobody likes em.