test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Everybody's equipment say custom dye

jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
What is the point of have the dye in the description if all it says is dyed with custom dye, even when it's not custom. Can we get the actual dye pack used again.

--Dhenn Silverlight, of the Drake, Dwarf Dragonborn, Master of Flame.
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Post edited by jarecord03 on

Comments

• Options
    capkokocapkoko Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    As far as i concerned it says custom when you apply several dyes to an object. If you use one, it says the name of the dye you used.
  • Options
    jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It should say the dye pack used last. Custom dye is for when you use a dye pack (like Winterwolf or Draconic Red), then use an individual dye (like red or black) to dye a specific part (primary, secondary...).

I absolutely love the dye system they use more than any other game, i just wish i could see what dye packs other people are using.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    problem is when u use egzample Helm dye pack and then put black in primary then its custom u know.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    fauust01 wrote: »
    problem is when u use egzample Helm dye pack and then put black in primary then its custom u know.

This - if you use more than 1 dye pack/bottle on a single piece, it becomes "custom"...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Also, everything that was dyed prior to the change that allowed tooltips to depict the type of dye used says "custom", even if it's an unmodified dyepack, because they couldn't capture that data retroactively.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I wish we were able to make more than just the Class Dye packs with Alchemy.
    Other dyes are so expensive on the AH.

I guess cosmetics is one of those Zen seller item that PWE doesn't want to mess with.
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    For free dyes, they do give away a ton with events as well, and even reverted the change they tried in one CTA making the dye a rare drop instead of a standard one (Swashbuckler), so these are generally very inexpensive while the event runs and creep up in price as time wears on. So a fair variety has been made available for free.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited September 2014
    For free dyes, they do give away a ton with events as well, and even reverted the change they tried in one CTA making the dye a rare drop instead of a standard one (Swashbuckler), so these are generally very inexpensive while the event runs and creep up in price as time wears on. So a fair variety has been made available for free.

those are all dye-packs, right?
    Trying to buy a simple bottle of blue dye (or green, red, black etc) on the AH will reveal a high price tied to the fact that they don't drop for free very often, or ever. The dye-packs are very limiting since they don't let you pick the color combo or which of the 3 (primary, accent, secondary) get which color.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Dye bottles, nope, not free. But it's a form of monetization that's a bit hard to argue against, since it is a pure vanity purchase.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Options
    edited September 2014
    The custom-dye issue makes it worse, since a lot of times, when you ask a person which dyes and dyepacks they used on which components, they don't remember.