Double Refinement Weekend

Comments

• baronvonboombaronvonboom Member Posts: 536 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    They need to fix the dates for it on the launcher as mines showing this:

nnqfsm.jpg
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Useless to look at an event without asking ourselves what caused the event to occur :)
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2014
    Has anyone done any refining lately? I know a week or so ago whenever I refined say a Radiant and it Crit it would say it crited for +135 but what it actually put in was something odd like 132 ... has this been fixed? Seems like I had that issue once before. I plan on upgrading my R6 radiants (12 of them) to R7 and any thing I can do to up a couple of those to 8's is my goal but I want them to stack so I don't have dozens of unstackble enchants in my inventory while I wait to have the AD to buy greater marks to upgrade those. Any help in this area would be appreciated or at least comments if anyone else had that issue ... and to be clear this is upgrading same type enchants radiant with radiant etc except for artifacts my artifacts also had this issue where I actually have artifact with 27531 RP in it.

Haha, crits will often be for something like +132 (since it's 150%, I believe, and the bases are multiples of 5). The display is incorrect for some reason, sometimes.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    Haha, crits will often be for something like +132 (since it's 150%, I believe, and the bases are multiples of 5). The display is incorrect for some reason, sometimes.

Crits can be either a 50% bonus or 100% bonus. It all depends on RNG.
  • thirstiusthirstius Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    <snip ... but I want them to stack so I don't have dozens of unstackble enchants in my inventory while I wait to have the AD to buy greater marks to upgrade those ... <snip>

This. It's one of the more annoying inventory management issues. While I appreciate the extra boost that crits give to refining, it would be very helpful if we could have a method for fixing "stackability".

One method might be to offer an option during refining to turn off crits for just the next refinement, so that you can try to make sure you end up with a stackable gem.

The other, more attractive one, would be to have a merchant or NPC (gem cutter?) available to "shave off" those extra points so make a gem stackable. This would have the advantage of being able to be applied to any gem at any time, including ones from the AH, etc. and you could even charge a small gold fee (yay! another use for gold!)

So, c'mon Cryptic, give us a Gem Cutter NPC, please -- it's the little things like this that help improve overall "game experience" and let us know you really care about us as more than just well-armed piggy banks :D [j/k, I know you love us ... well, most of us, lol]
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    thirstius wrote: »
    This. It's one of the more annoying inventory management issues. While I appreciate the extra boost that crits give to refining, it would be very helpful if we could have a method for fixing "stackability".

One method might be to offer an option during refining to turn off crits for just the next refinement, so that you can try to make sure you end up with a stackable gem.

The other, more attractive one, would be to have a merchant or NPC (gem cutter?) available to "shave off" those extra points so make a gem stackable. This would have the advantage of being able to be applied to any gem at any time, including ones from the AH, etc. and you could even charge a small gold fee (yay! another use for gold!)

So, c'mon Cryptic, give us a Gem Cutter NPC, please -- it's the little things like this that help improve overall "game experience" and let us know you really care about us as more than just well-armed piggy banks :D [j/k, I know you love us ... well, most of us, lol]

The old refinement system never had this problem. Just saying. (*Thinks the old system was superior when coal wards were 100k each*.)
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Cryptic stated that the new refinement system "would produce less clutter in your inventory".

Yeah right. This new refinement system is more messy
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Cryptic stated that the new refinement system "would produce less clutter in your inventory".

Yeah right. This new refinement system is more messy

For me and the vast majority of players (I assume) it is far worse.

However if you only play one character and constantly pump all refinement drops into the artifacts and enchantments then it might be slightly better than before in terms of clutter.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    However if you only play one character and constantly pump all refinement drops into the artifacts and enchantments then it might be slightly better than before in terms of clutter.

Doesn't matter if you play one character or multiple ones - they can all pump all refinedrops into artifacts and enchants. Far less clutter than before. Right now my inventory is quite cluttered (and the bank+mailbox is full too), but that is because for the last...what...two weeks, I have been collecting all my L3-L3 enchant drops for 2xRP weekend.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Doesn't matter if you play one character or multiple ones - they can all pump all refinedrops into artifacts and enchants. Far less clutter than before. Right now my inventory is quite cluttered (and the bank+mailbox is full too), but that is because for the last...what...two weeks, I have been collecting all my L3-L3 enchant drops for 2xRP weekend.

Except you may want to prioritize certain character's artifacts and enchants which means an awful lot of mailing......
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    It's generally a lot of mailing to use my points where I want them, but the new system is only messier if you keep a ton of partially refined enchants lying around in inventory for some reason. If you only refine items in active use, then there doesn't need to be any clutter whatsoever. (I've usually got a plan for a rob'n'replace when I need a rank 7 or up for a reagent... rotating upgrades.)

I have bags of stuff banked up right now, but soon it'll all be nice and tidy again.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • doriangreighdoriangreigh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anharmon wrote: »

Let me be clear, when an item crits of the same type YOU DO NOT get bizzarre values like 132. Every single time I refined, up until a week ago, I was getting even numbers that allowed me to keep my enchant at a 0 value in the next rank unless I managed to crit the last piece I put in it that would push it over ... did not happen often. This means I had previously been able to make say R6 radiants from 5's so that I could stack them as they would be at 0/12960. as opposed to something like 2/12960. Thinking i'm going to email the mods and just tell them since either i'm the only one this is happening to or no one pays attention to the fact you can refine in even numbers as long as you use same type enchantments.
  • refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Every single time I refined, up until a week ago, I was getting even numbers that allowed me to keep my enchant at a 0 value in the next rank unless I managed to crit the last piece I put in it that would push it over ...

so that I could stack them as they would be at 0/12960.

I have lots of enchants with 0/xxxx and they neither stack with ready-made enchants of the same level from drops and nodes and do not stack with each other.

I have done no refining for several weeks due to the upcoming event, but I have heard from lost of people that enchanting has been broken recently.

~
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I have lots of enchants with 0/xxxx and they neither stack with ready-made enchants of the same level from drops and nodes and do not stack with each other.

That's very odd. There was a bug for about a week where you couldn't drag and drop enchants onto stack of the same kind because it would open the refining interface instead of stacking them, but they still stacked as long as you were dropping them straight into your bag in some fashion.

I have been hoarding everything too, so I haven't seen the behavior where enchant crits on matching types end up with uneven numbers. I was also in the habit of using only matching enchants and trying to keep a 0 balance on anything I wasn't actively refining, though primarily in order to keep a pool of potential reagent enchants around without any wasted points in them. I would only see odd numbers from crits when I used mismatched enchants, like refining a brutal with silveries or something.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Should this already be active? On the calendar it says it starts today but i'm not seeing the bonus in the refinement window.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    Should this already be active? On the calendar it says it starts today but i'm not seeing the bonus in the refinement window.

Go on calendar and click the double refinement. It will tell you how long until it is on.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    Go on calendar and click the double refinement. It will tell you how long until it is on.

Ah Ty begins at 1pm
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    Ah Ty begins at 1pm

That would be your local time...not others...it is different depending on your time zone.
    edited September 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    That would be your local time...not others...it is different depending on your time zone.
    agreed

/10char
    edited September 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Except you may want to prioritize certain character's artifacts and enchants which means an awful lot of mailing......

Shared bank slots
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I read somewhere that Kessel's Sigil may be used to refine artifact belt. Can anyone shed some light on the subject ?
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
    edited September 2014
    adinosii wrote: »
    Shared bank slots

The point was to reduce storage space though :P. However I do have to say that shared bank space has been a blessing in this regard. Though I'd still prefer the old refinement system with the old coal price with the ability to remove enchants for gold.
    emilemo wrote: »
    I read somewhere that Kessel's Sigil may be used to refine artifact belt. Can anyone shed some light on the subject ?
    Buy the equipment packs.
    edited September 2014
    I have lots of enchants with 0/xxxx

Why would you want to have "lots" of those? I mean, normally you would just have one partially refined enchant of each type - the one you are refining at the moment - that's not really "lots".
  • w00trandomsnoobiw00trandomsnoobi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited September 2014

Doubt it, but you can buy Icewind Dale Treasure Cache for 5 sigils, which contains blue unidentified equipment you can use to refine your belt or weapon.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Doubt it, but you can buy Icewind Dale Treasure Cache for 5 sigils, which contains blue unidentified equipment you can use to refine your belt or weapon.

So thats what they meant by it. Never really gave a second thought to those packs before but they can be useful for the artifact items indeed.
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • letalinletalin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So thats what they meant by it. Never really gave a second thought to those packs before but they can be useful for the artifact items indeed.

Yeah, 4,6kk rp needed for belt on a basis of 300 hundred each blue gives you 15300 blues. Thats 76k sigils
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    <---is impatiently waiting until the event starts in my. This is as bad as sometimes I get waiting for a patch or mod to be finished lol.

Drank to much coffee already so can't even take a nap and wake up to it.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    letalin wrote: »
    Yeah, 4,6kk rp needed for belt on a basis of 300 hundred each blue gives you 15300 blues. Thats 76k sigils

I have been doing this to augment my refining. You get a lot of blue belts rings and cloaks as well as a lot of purples. For those of you low on fundage, it is one of the better options.
    edited September 2014
    letalin wrote: »

It's pretty ridiculous. At green rank I'm already feeling like it's a bit of a hassle and it only gets exponentially worse. I think I'll stick to the refining gems. Such a badly designed system that is just not user friendly at all. Unless you use blood crystals or brilliant diamonds of course. Then you can skip a lot of the boring stuff. Too bad that it's price inefficient.
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    The numbers are astronomic because whatever you can find in lockboxes needs to be either very very rare in the game or very very expensive - this is how the game goes :)
    Want it fast - spend $ for it; just want it - work hard. Don't ever say "I NEED it" .. is all about want not need !

But most important is : no matter how hard it is, 99% of items can be obtained FREE !
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
This discussion has been closed.