test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Blue Fire Insignia on the AH?

silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
In the same vein as this thread - http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?753381-Riches-tab-full

If we can't sell this bounty/riches stuff, why are there 100 Blue Fire Insignia on the AH for sale right now? Even if they get removed by the time you read this, how did they put them there in the first place? There are a currently 82 listings. Did someone find a hole/exploit/update that most of us didn't know about?

I still have a few slots left in my inventory for dragon coins and bounty items but if I could get rid of some of the stuff I'll never use, that would be great!
I aim to misbehave
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Blue Fire Insignia and other items like that was allways tradeable since beta..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Anything that doesn't have the "cannot discard" tag and isn't character bound can be put up on the AH afaik. This applies to old bounties but not campaign currencies (to time gate us I guess).
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bounty items didn't always get stored in your currency tab and have remained akin to tradeable treasure.

Please don't complain about this. People do appreciate being able to discard these if they don't want to AH them or send them to alts... to clear space, ya know?
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Becky - I wasn't complaining dear. I was asking a question so my apologies if I came across as complaining. I started playing in December so my knowledge is certainly not as vast as some on the forums.

I was not aware that you could sell these. I guess I just assumed you couldn't put these in the AH since the words "Cannot sell" are in the tooltip. Pardon my ignorance on the issue and thanks for the info.
    I aim to misbehave
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "Cannot sell" means cannot vendor. Most of these items can still be posted on the AH or traded if not bound.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    "Cannot sell" means cannot vendor. Most of these items can still be posted on the AH or traded if not bound.

Wow! I learned something new! And I have been playing since early July 2013! (Alas, I am a casual player, so a bit behind information sometimes . . .)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
    edited September 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »
    Wow! I learned something new! And I have been playing since early July 2013! (Alas, I am a casual player, so a bit behind information sometimes . . .)

Whew - thought I was the only one :)

Time to clear out some space.
    I aim to misbehave
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited September 2014
    Yeah, bounties originally went into your main inventory but that was changed prior to release. Since, they have remained tradeable and even newer bounty items, like Sharandar's, Dread Ring's, and IWD's were kept as tradeable non-bound items.

However, the Necromatic Sigils from Neverdeath Graveyard used to be bugged and would Bind on Pickup. This was fixed a while back but it was not retroactive. So, if you still have bound ones, use them or toss them as any new ones you get will stack with them and become bound also.

Bounty Items should not be confused with other forms of "currency." Bounty Items are the things you can trade with Bounty Master NPCs in the various Zones for other forms of Currency or Items.

[TH="align: center"]Bounty Items[/TH]

Many-Arrows Insignia
    Blackdagger Insignia
    Necromantic Sigils
    Ashmadai Symbol
    Deathknell Shard Sliver
    Gray Wolf Insignia
    Blackdagger Gold Coin
    Mithral Nugget
    Blue Fire Insignia
    Symbol of Lolth
    Ember Shard
    Dwarf Relic
    Fomorian Concoction
    Onyx Fragment
    Kessel's Sigil

edited September 2014
    Thanks Zeb. That clears it up for me.

NOTE: Nice table/links :)
    I aim to misbehave
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I will definitely keep this in mind for future transactions. I'm sure they are worth a few ad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    myowmyow wrote: »

Here's another tip: if you do pickup everything that drops so you can vendor it for gold, grab lockboxes, too: they sell for 8 copper a piece. I say this only because it's more effort to try avoiding them than it is to just let them stack-up then vendor them for a couple silver every once in a while.

Also - because a lot of the "bounty" type treasure are in the AH for dirt cheap - sometimes it can be beneficial to buy a truckload then trade them in for Seals and buy gear from the Seal vendor - in case you're not getting any decent blue drops (which actually have been happening a lot more frequently the last couple weeks - YAY.)

Ironically this method may have been part of the overall intended design of the system, because it's the only way to explain that actually *earning* enough bounty to buy enough seals for decent gear is an impossibility as you out-level it all way too fast.

So selling/buying through AH/Seal vendor allows you to get some blue gear when you can actually *use* it sometimes. (Do note: Seal vendor gear is usually BoP except for the very high-end/high level grade stuff).

Just though I'd mention it.
  • championshewolfchampionshewolf Member Posts: 601 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bounty items (used to get tokens) have always been able to be put on market, or just discarded.