Install Arc

UI messed up

2»

Comments

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    lowarrow wrote: »
    eldarth where is that file ?

In mine it's in Neverwinter\Live folder.

If not there, do a "file search" in Windows on C:
  • lowarrowlowarrow Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This file doesn't exist in my computer. After mod 4 Neverwinter has this interface and i can do anything. Is there any solution? My video card is this http://www.gpureview.com/radeon-x1050-pci-e-card-496.html

image.jpg
    photo sharing
    edited August 2014
    This file doesn't exist in my computer.

That's odd as it is required by the game to configure your interface.
    Perhaps you didn't do a file search of the entire C:\ drive for "ui_settings.txt" ?
    edited August 2014
    Bro, your solution about you spoke don't work because i reinstalled the game and interface not returned. After that, i reinstalled windows and interface not returned . I have all the drivers updated. Can be my system? I run Neverwinter with windows xp , p4 3 ghz, 1 GB RAM and video card "ATI Radeon X300/X550/X1050 Series" with 256 mb ram.
  • boghy89boghy89 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Same problem here like lowarrow, funny dat since mod4 i cant play, i couldnt loggin bcs of Cryptic crash now this Ui problem, looks like were hopeless and all alone><
    edited August 2014
    I wait for a new update . Maybe they will solve the problem, surely if they are interested. When they applied the mod 4, I reached lvl 60 and after update interface don't work. Maybe a method or a program can fix this "bug" or our bug.
    edited August 2014
    I need a response, there is a solutions for my problem, maybe a program?
    edited August 2014
    ui_settings.txt was the last thing I could think of trying.

Although, it looks like you only have 256MB of RAM?!?
    That's a tiny amount of RAM. If you could afford a few bucks you could probably upgrade that to 1G or at least 512MB.
    Neverwinter is a pretty big program for such a small amount of RAM.

Other than that, I have no idea what else to try.

...and make sure you have submitted a Support ticket to arcgames.com.
  • allexsandronallexsandron Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    :confused:
    edited August 2014
    I have 1 GB RAM , video memory 256 Mb, so i think that the solutions is a new video card, by your words. Thanks for response.
    edited August 2014
    I have 1 GB RAM , video memory 256 Mb, so i think that the solutions is a new video card, by your words. Thanks for response.

U need Ram memory too 1 Gb is far too low for almost everything atm, i got 4 Gb Ram and a slower Cpu, i cant imagine how it runs with ur 1 Gb Ram oO.
    Anyway i wont be buyng anything its theyr duty to fix this, il give it 1 more week if not gonna give my acc to my friend and quit (he can play i cant, Cryptic logic >< )
  • kumalucakumaluca Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    My sons computer is doing this same exact thing.We have been playing this game for over a year,long enough to know not to be optimistic about a fix.Hopefully they come through cause when you put money into the game it's quite the kick in the grapes when stuff like this happens.

Edit:wow I didn't realize it's been a few weeks already.
  • valshiranvalshiran Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    This is getting really frustrating. It's working on my computer, but not my wife's, and we even just bought a new computer for her (not just because of Neverwinter and it having the UI problem on her previous machine.) Since it's new, I'm updating the drivers and I hope that is the problem here on this one.

I also searched for ui_settings.txt, on both my computer and hers, didn't find it on either. Check the Neverwinter/Live folder, and also did a search of the whole C drive.

I share the frustration of the above poster, after putting money into this, it's really aggravating when Cryptic doesn't care about their customers enough to fix this or even post about it. It's been weeks and many have had these issues.
    edited August 2014
    boghy89 outside the city map, games run fine and i never had a problem with lag in other maps.I have 1 GB of RAM but also pentium 4 3 Ghz. My video card it's a problem. They have updated the game to the latest video cards. This is the cause of our problem, from what I heard.
    edited August 2014
    boghy89 outside the city map, games run fine and i never had a problem with lag in other maps.I have 1 GB of RAM but also pentium 4 3 Ghz. My video card it's a problem. They have updated the game to the latest video cards. This is the cause of our problem, from what I heard.

3 Ghz cpu is good, how does it run in dung's?My 2.5 Ghz is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> on that part ^^.
    Anyway this is like an auto-destructive path for Cryptic, games like League of Legends improve theyr optimization for weaker machines every patch, Cryptic does the oposite, atm i dont wanna buy a new pc but i do spend money on games, so overall its they're loss, WoW(retail) also i can play with np at much better settings and WoW's enviroment and content is HUGE, from where i stand all ive seen from Cryptic as decisions are strange to say the least its like they're always against the community and always for "da dollor" only ><, except this last part where they are simply loosing players due to they're inability to solve issues
    edited August 2014
    Certainly this problem is ignored, and that's why I deleted Neverwinter. I do not know what they are focused, but they make like other developers and they ignore us completely and they move on.
  • kumalucakumaluca Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I see nothing is being done about this.It's pretty bad when you pay money for something,it doesn't work and you just get ignored.Like the invoke not working for a ton of people for a long time now....I was told they were looking into it and then later told to talk to the NPC that gives out the Invoke quest.Really?All the people complaining that it's messed up wouldn't have tried that?Here, let me just tell you anything I can think of and maybe you'll go away.I wish we could just take this last update off somehow or someone make an update to fix whatever compatability issues you created on the last update.
    edited September 2014
    I stopped playng this game for good now deleted it with Arc too and removed the site from browser too, this is my last post here wont even check it.
    Dear Cryptic u treat ppl like suckers and take they're money and do absolutley NOTHING for it, my brain hurts even thinking how a company like this can actualy function it looks like the Enron episode from US so il just stop having anything to do that is related to u forever and advice all my friends and every1 il ever speak to online to keep clear from ur products, its no hate post is just the truth.
    theend.gif
    edited September 2014
    So this game is dead for us. Congratulation perfect world, cryptic. Neverwinter was my favorite game betwen another games and you have ruined the game.
    edited September 2014
    Someone a solution or an answer?