test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How to balance out the game : Close the gap between old and new

abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
We have all noticed that enchants/artifact is what it is all about. Even old players have to buy AD/ZEN to aquire BIS gear these days. And new players will never catch up in PvE or PvP without spending thousands of dollars or grinding boons for about 6 months, and then spend a thousand less on artifacts and enchants. Dont forget weapon-artis and belt-artis.

An easy fix for this would be give the gear in MOD5 much much more greater stats. We need new PvP and PvE gear for the new stats to overshadow the rank10s and legendarys a bit. Enchants should never make up 80% of your characters value. It should all be about gear, enchants/artifacts beeing an additional stats, a small one. That way new players can actually farm some dungeons or farm PvP to get the gear that they need to at least be competitive.

A good PvP match comes once in a lifetime now because new (when i say new, it may aswell be 6 months old) players have no chance against veterans because of their rank10s, legendarys, belts etc. And veterans consists of 100 people maybe, not all queing at the same time, its difficult to get a good match. The gear dosent even matter when you dont have the oranges. It should not be this way. The gear SHOULD matter. PvE is blasted through in minutes, but that is another discussion, they should harden up the mobs, its simple.

A simple solution to close the gap a bit

Give new gear MUCH bigger stats, seriously.

I would not mind if they tune down stats on legendary artifacts and rank 10 enchants as well. (yes im full of them) But im sure a lot of people would protest that:
"GIB ME BACK MUH MONE, I SPEND BLA BLA BLA"

So i guess it all leaves it to the new mod5 gear and gear options. We need more of it as well.
Dr. Phil
Post edited by abecassis on

Comments

• mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This might be an unusual idea but what about HALVING the current effectiveness of enchant/artifact based HP and Power bonuses in PvP? This would help a lot to lessen the gap while still not breaking any builds and so really annoying existing players.

In addition for Mod 5, introduce new easy to get weapons almost as good as current top tier gear, while having much harder to acquire ones that are slightly better than current weapons. Again this would help newer players catch up while still not rendering current players effort redundant, and also give high-end players something to aim for.
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    In addition for Mod 5, introduce new easy to get weapons almost as good as current top tier gear, while having much harder to acquire ones that are slightly better than current weapons. Again this would help newer players catch up while still not rendering current players effort redundant, and also give high-end players something to aim for.

Its already insanely easy to aquire top tier PvP gear, its all about enchants/artifacts, thats what hard. But i agree with you that in addition to this easy gear, high end players should also have something to aim at. And with "aim at" i dont mean drag my mouse from my inventory to my weapon or belt... i mean gear.
    Dr. Phil
  • bananachefbananachef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Waiting for the $100 Purified Black Ice Equip Pack
    2 GWFS, 3 TRs, 2 GFs, 1 HR, 1 CW
  • jumboyetjumboyet Member Posts: 211 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    This would only make the dungeons easier and easier. Unless they give us something new
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Bad idea...the power creep is bad enough already. I'd rader see more alternative paths ore "sideways" growth possibilities.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • abecassisabecassis Member Posts: 255 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    Bad idea or not. Competitive PvP consists of approximately 100 people, maximum. And the number is decreasing really fast. Unless something is done to dumb down the stats on artifacts/enchants the gap from established player to new player will just increase more and more. I mean every module it increases more and more.

If they did something with the soft cap this could easily be implemented.
    Dr. Phil