test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Events that players like....

adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
edited September 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The players. It wouldn’t be worth making an event they didn’t like. We get a lot of player feedback from the forums and the data we collect from in-game actions. We try to bring what we learn from one event over to our other events.

I don't know what to say.....

Last few events have all been flawed one way or another .... events that were good the first time around have essentially been "nerfed" and made mediocre at best, and then we have complete fiascos, like the deleted currencies or BoP rewards in the summer event.

Are the people who write stuff like this out of touch with what is actually happening ?
Hoping for improvements...
Post edited by adinosii on

Comments

• oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I'd like a 2x Exp event now (I almost have 0 time to lvl my GWF :()

About the post, I seriously think that some Devs read the forum like once a month, while other visit it more often.
  • anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2014
    Respen's Marvelous Game?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    Respen's Marvelous Game?

Yea, Respen's was great...the absolutely best ever.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The biggest thing for me is to minimize grind as much as possible. Respen's was great because they offered BoP version of the most sought-after rewards in the currency store for that event. Since participating was, itself, enjoyable, running the game to earn the dice for the slime or pocket pet didn't feel tedious. The fact that this incarnation of the summer event has the "flowers for everyone" item unlocked means that you can simply collect the favors each day, and turn them in later for flowers, is nice. The first time the summer event ran, I spent many hours farming petals to buy the pig & permanent Sunite top, and in the end, got burnt out from it.

I like events that you can participate in while doing normal content - like the Tymora one.

One thing that I think all events should offer are unique rewards. For instance, the Tymora enchantments or deity-specific cloaks were great. I'd love to have seen Sunite enchants added for the summer event, (like imagine if they gave regen + defense if slotted into a defense slot, power + recovery for offense slot, and a tiny chance at dropping summer event food if slotted into a utility slot).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • cheesegromitcheesegromit Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    ... they offered BoP version of the most sought-after rewards in the currency store for that event.

This is key for me. A goal oriented grind is vastly superior to a random crapshoot grind.

I also like events that you can participate in while doing normal content.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    This is key for me. A goal oriented grind is vastly superior to a random crapshoot grind.

I also like events that you can participate in while doing normal content.

I could not agree more! I really wish they'd expand the Unicorn, Drake, and other seal vendor inventories, to both offer more variety in armor/weapons, and to also provide further incentive to take part in the content that grants said seals.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Yes summer event binding did hurt, i have a nice account wide leopard, but one of my friends has "only" a normal 5 gold horse, so i wanted to give my boar to her, sure speed is the same, but boar looks much cooler and she wouldn't be mocked any further.

The event place itself is beautiful, i could spend all day there, have to give credit for the design!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've found myself largely ignoring the summer event. I can't really explain why, but it just feels like the items I want (like the sunite horse) are just out of my reach.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited September 2014
    While the extravaganza was a huge grindevent, it was very nice. If I look back to the Gondevent, it was nearly a huge joke.
    I could make a doohicky, but unfortunate I haven't the mats for it to upgrade to it and guess what? Now I'm stuck with 'need a second one'...
    They make most events more or less useless(restriction to the farmable of some of the loot like 40s+ break between drops). As an old player, I can say how the summer event feel for me: A huge joke again! A mount, that I never will use(yeah...). A pig, that I'm already own and the pinata, which would be so fantastic, become a fingerpainitem... A permanent one would be fun and wouldn't be OP or anything like that, but yeah... if you think something will be good! The opposite happen!
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    Respen's Marvelous Game?
    It was a new experience. But the mobs in it were still easy to kill so they were non-challenge, except for the gelatinous cube mob. And usually such a content style is supposed to also involve other fun things rather than just the same killing fest.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zshikara wrote: »
    I've found myself largely ignoring the summer event. I can't really explain why, but it just feels like the items I want (like the sunite horse) are just out of my reach.

I am with you on that. I did not do any of the event. Just not into the rewards that much, plus I don't have enough playing time to devote to it.
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    zshikara wrote: »

Um , the Mounts take literally zero amount of work at all , all you have to do is go talk to the woman in the festival map every day to get one token per day towards the mount , you don't need to do anything else whatsoever lol
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Um , the Mounts take literally zero amount of work at all , all you have to do is go talk to the woman in the festival map every day to get one token per day towards the mount , you don't need to do anything else whatsoever lol

True, but to be useful mounts really need to be upgraded to Tier3 which is hideously expensive. In fact I suspect this is why they are available so easily.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've ignored the summer event as well. Between grinding thru ToD on a few toons, gearing up my SW, and daily housekeeping tasks (invoking, refining, etc), the summer event just didn't hold any of my attention.

If we'd had Respen's again, I'd make time for that one. That one was fun, team-oriented and had some decent rewards.
    I aim to misbehave
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I've ignored this event as well. It's a shame they didn't roll it out a couple of weeks before ToD - interest may have been a bit higher.

I'll also throw in with those that think the option to work towards a reward as opposed to RNG fun times (sarcasm).