test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Item binding?

labmonster21labmonster21 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
edited September 2014 in PvE Discussion
I just tried to get the pig and it bound to my character. It should be a bound on equip not bind on pick up. Any thoughts, suggestions, or links to pages with detailed information on this issue? This has not been the first time it has happened is there something that I am doing wrong? It is really making it difficult to play. Thanks in advance for your time.
Post edited by labmonster21 on

Comments

• Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Some rewards that used to be BoE were changed to BoP, so any pigs you see on the AH are leftovers from last year. I hope they change this to BtA, at least, but realistically they will probably "fix" this by fixing the item descriptions to say they are BoP.

What this means is that you cannot farm the event to get something worth selling on the AH any more - which is a shame, because it changed the summer festival from one of the best recurring events (tied with the winter festival, and second only to Respen's)to a mediocre one -not worth spending real effort on.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Are the mounts BoP also? Anyone checked recently?
  • Options
    labmonster21labmonster21 Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Thank you very much for the info I greatly appreciate it.
  • Options
    aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    So, let's get this straight, before I waste countless more hours farming this stuff. Neither pig (companion or mount) nor boar are BoE, despite the tool tip saying they are?
  • Options
    anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    So, let's get this straight, before I waste countless more hours farming this stuff. Neither pig (companion or mount) nor boar are BoE, despite the tool tip saying they are?

Appears so. They seem to be BoP.

It's a bug (I think) ... but a rather unfortunate and annoying one.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    Is being BoP the bug, or saying they're BoE the bug? I'm not going to do all that farming and saving for stuff I neither need nor can sell.
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    Pretty much any pet you ever buy with quest items binds. Only the ones that 'drop' are BoE. They should put a clear warning on the vendor item though. I think it must be difficult or maybe not possible to put circumstantial tool tips on the pets themselves. I guess.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    anharmonanharmon Member Posts: 175
    edited September 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    Is being BoP the bug, or saying they're BoE the bug? I'm not going to do all that farming and saving for stuff I neither need nor can sell.
    Pretty much any pet you ever buy with quest items binds. Only the ones that 'drop' are BoE. They should put a clear warning on the vendor item though. I think it must be difficult or maybe not possible to put circumstantial tool tips on the pets themselves. I guess.

I ... didn't know that, actually. Never thought about it.

I think it's supposed to be BoE, but ... I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe it's supposed to be BoP? That would make this bug worse than I thought.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    anharmon wrote: »
    I ... didn't know that, actually. Never thought about it.

I think it's supposed to be BoE, but ... I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe it's supposed to be BoP? That would make this bug worse than I thought.

It was BoE last year and other items that were bop in store actually said bop for previous events. My guild kept asking me for CN runs last year. I was busy farming this event. This year I barely bothered.
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    My toon with a boar from last year can't buy another this year. If they must make them BoP, they should let those of us with an old one, upgrade ours to blue when we buy another.